Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion

May 22, 2016 5:28 AM

Shibazaki, the fucking king of lore.
Still puzzled by Sphinx's motives. I still do not like either of them yet.

Jul 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Well finally a show where the police are no slouches.

2-1 in favor of Sphinx, but the police are finally on the board.

Jul 31, 2016 12:01 PM

I love those kind of mindgames and riddles. Awesome, so far.

Aug 4, 2017 12:25 AM

This feels like a nice chess game...getting a semi-Death Note feel from it.

When Shibazaki was described as a second-generation atomic bomb victim, I immediately thought of the generational differences in Japan and their relation to modern day terrorism. I could only imagine being in Japan during a terrorist attack knowing that Hiroshima and Nagasaki only happened 70+ years ago. Seems like a lot, but when you think about the generations, it is not that much. And super scary!

Aug 11, 2017 10:10 AM

Considering that this is supposed to be a thriller, I'm not really feeling too thrilled. There's no emotional investment, but maybe that's intentional? I'm a little bit confused as to what I'm intended to feel. In any case, the characters don't feel "real" to me, they're not much more than mere pixels on the screen.

That said, there is some enjoyment to be gained. The series so far looks great, I especially love the high contrast in the color values (basically, the show would look great even in black and white), and the scenes in general have a really good flow. Kanno Yoko's score is a bit overbearing sometimes but satisfies with its quality as usual.

There certainly is something addicting about the series. By this point, at least some comprehensible narrative has taken shape, with the unnerving flashbacks to the orphanage, implied to have been part of a scientific experiment, later gone wrong. I don't know why this show isn't tagged as mystery instead of thriller because that would describe its appeal a lot better, in my opinion. I'll continue to watch just to see what kind of nonsense (in the best sense of the word) the show has in store.
Modified by LeeTailor, Aug 11, 2017 10:23 AM

Oct 23, 2017 10:29 AM

Another great episode, we finally, got some background on Shibazaki and why he ended up in the archives.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 17, 2017 6:12 PM

And with this episode it's game on between Shibazaki and Sphinx!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Jan 2, 2018 10:46 PM

Things are getting interesting. Love the OP music.

Feb 28, 2018 6:46 AM

Very interesting so far. The contrasting personalities between Nine and Twelve give their motives a fascinating spin.
I have nothing to say about Lisa, though. I can only hope she starts getting more involved.

May 20, 2018 10:54 AM

The flashback gave me a sick feeling. I don't know what they went through, but it doesn't seem pleasant at all.

So far so good. Time to watch the next episode :)

May 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Haha that guy's name is kawai.

And lovin the ending song

Jan 9, 12:11 AM

I feel like the white hair kiddo is still alive lol. He's too unique to be dead :P characters that stand out are usually important X)

Anyways.

I feel ya on the hating summer part, Shibasaki. I live in TX. Imagine. Haha x___x YiKES.

Mar 29, 7:33 PM

still not really into this anime just courious about their past at this point.
would kinda rush there if i could

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 3:00 PM
Polish Hussar

Really great series so far

May 15, 12:48 PM

another good ass episode. still apprehensive about this anime though, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Pages (7) « First ... « 6 7 [8]