Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 5:56 AM

Sep 2010
nirunaru said:
Things that I feel are similar with Gundam Seed and Aldnoah Zero:

- They are fighting for survival while they are heading for the base. In Gundam seed for Earth, Aldnoah zero to UE base.

Happens in the original Gundam too…

- There are six teenagers that are actively engaged with ship and battles. The little girl counts as a side kick. :D Two of them are on the bridge - same as Gundam.

There are only 3 teenagers told be to be important. In Seed, there were 2 (Kira and Athrun). You can’t nitpick the numbers here, because otherwise you need to count all of Athrun’s squad which raises the number.

- Both captain and second in the command are female. In Gundam Murrue Ramius and Natarle Badgiruel. In Aldnoah Zero Darzana Magbaredge and Kaoru Mizusaki. It is truly a coincidence that they also have some similar traits like both captains are brunets and both Kaoru and Natarle have short black hair and serious personality.

This seems to be a coincidence, the characters are too different as are their relationship. Natarle was always critical of Murrue and somewhat antagonistic, she was cold but not “expressionless” as Kaoru is who has a good relationship with her superior.

-- Lieutenant Marito reminds me of Mu. Well they are both experienced pilots and over 20 and actively engaging the batlle (or trying). If Marito starts to date Magbaredge.... it reminds me even more Gundam. :) Both characters are 183 cm and similar build. lol

Mu was an Ace, Marito is a veteran suffering from trauma who can’t shoot straight. Marito/Darzana does not have anything to do with that other pairing, if it happens the set up is pretty different already. I feel Slaine is closer to Mu because of his father-connection to the plot.

- In the last episode Asseylum came to the rescue kind of the way as Lacus (don't remember episode) came to their rescue, with her ship. Both ships are red. Without flight deck they also look a bit similar.

Lacus arrived in a ship. Asseylum flew in hers with the rest of the cast and she wasn’t the one commanding it, Nina was. She was only providing Aldnoah.

-- Probable triangle drama with Slaine-Inaho-Assylum.

There was never love triangle drama in Seed involving Lacus, Athrun and Kira. The love triangle drama always involved Fllay.

Kira never liked Lacus in Seed, by the way. He was also slotted to die but his popularity and the popularity of Lacus/Kira which isn't a canon pairing in Seed (it was in Destiny) spared him and changed the ending. Popularity matters a lot. Why do you think Cagalli got to pilot what was supposed to be Fllay’s Gundam? Because she was more popular than poor despised Fllay. :S

- Lacus Clyne and Asseylum are sweet, kind and innocent type of character with lots of determination, both act as peace ambassadors. Neither has true power, both act as icons.

I disagree here. Asseylum is more prone to self loathing and guilt than Lacus is, she feels guilt and is moved by guilt. Asseylum does have power: she has the power of Aldnoah. She’s not an icon either, not until the Martians made her an excuse for war. She’s revered because she’s the heir to Ray’s throne. Meanwhile Lacus is liked and popular because she’s an Idol Singer. XD

The basis are very different, you're trying to use the "Gundam Princess" basis when there are different princesses (and Lacus isn't one of them): Asseylum is more a younger Dianna (in age not appearance). She has her longing for Earth and wish for peace but caught in politics of her own people who use her and provokes damage even if she didn’t want to down to pat. Dianne even pulled rifle once to battle and she was blending with the people of Earth too. If Seylum had been a separated character (as Kihel was), then we’ll have the 100% match with Sochie = Rayet.
ThessAug 23, 2014 6:01 AM
Aug 23, 2014 8:56 AM
Apr 2013
Hmph, konou gaki domou me.

Arguing about which character goes with whom when there are bigger things at play here -- bakayarou!

*cough*Marito x Margbaredge*cough*

Aug 23, 2014 10:33 AM
Jul 2011
http://i.imgur.com/XcxXJAE.jpg

Slaine and princess relationship is "master-servant" which puts it very high above the shipping bar, he's not officially a doomed childhood friend.

Slaine has "loyalty/devotion" arrow to the princess, but the red color might imply romantic feelings. When I find a full scan with the color interpretation I'll be sure. Until then it is a guess. Blue probably means some kind of animosity.
Aug 23, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
HopeLight said:

Slaine and princess relationship is "master-servant" which puts it very high above the shipping bar, he's not officially a doomed childhood friend.

EXACTLY! What I have been telling people the whole time. Courtly love, people, courtly love.
Aug 23, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
kunagisa said:
HopeLight said:

EXACTLY! What I have been telling people the whole time. Courtly love, people, courtly love.

One of the most popular romance set up. I called it. I am amused how the subs try to mistranslate Slaine referred as a "friend" when the word was never used to refer it to him.
Aug 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Thess said:
kunagisa said:

One of the most popular romance set up. I called it. I am amused how the subs try to mistranslate Slaine referred as a "friend" when the word was never used to refer it to him.

Given how the Princess was just told "Slaine told me..." What could INaho thought he was? I could've been literal too like "your FRIEND over there."
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 23, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Given how the Princess was just told "Slaine told me..." What could INaho thought he was? I could've been literal too like "your FRIEND over there."

You mean in episode 6? Inaho never called him her friend, that was another mistranslation. He said "that person/guy".
Aug 23, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

Slaine becomes a cynical badass as 'graduation'.

I can see this coming, Thess. Good guess.

After this pretty bad episode 8, I can confirm that Slaine's mind is full of questions:

- Is Hime ok?

- Are you her enemy?

- Are you her ally?

- Are you exploiting her?...

- And she kissed me. (oh wow, it is not really a kiss, they are trying so hard on this, gosh)

This ruins his character depth and he really becomes an love-obsessed cynical badass.
Aug 23, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I feel very bad for Slaine to get beaten like that. I think in the end it will be Inaho and the princess.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 23, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
- And she kissed me. (oh wow, it is not really a kiss, they are trying so hard on this, gosh)

That was never a quote.

This episode was good for Slaine. I laughed when he pointed out how dumb someone was to believe the meteor bombardment excuse.
Aug 23, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
bjorno said:
Wow, I feel very bad for Slaine to get beaten like that. I think in the end it will be Inaho and the princess.

Pleaso no!!!, Inaho doesn't give a fuck about Slaine neither Hime-sama, I believe he just want to exploits her.
Aug 23, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

That was never a quote.

This episode was good for Slaine. I laughed when he pointed out how dumb someone was to believe the meteor bombardment excuse.

Enough implication to show that he thinks of it more than a live-saving action. They were abusing that scene.

Cruhteo is stupid, but what about Saazbaum? Slaine couldn't trick him. And Cruhteo is dead after showing his good side, what disappointment.
Aug 23, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Enough implication to show that he thinks of it more than a live-saving action. They were abusing that scene.

Cruhteo is stupid, but what about Saazbaum? Slaine couldn't trick him. And Cruhteo is dead after showing his good side, what disappointment.

The implication she saved him? Of course they are "abusing" the scene, they made the scene to be romantic-set up fodder. I told you about this before, don't be so shocked it's precisely that.

But if you want to look at it in another way, this what he thought: he wanted to protect her just like she saved him once.

Saazbaum is the main villain. Of course that didn't happen.

I'm giddy because I loved this episode: it confirms Asseylum's motivation to love the world and want peace is Slaine (but we knew this beforehand, it's not that she's not 'thinking about Slaine' is that her actions are moved by thinking about him: all is connected to what he told her once. Her love for the world and her wish for peace root on their interaction, you know, she admitted it on Inaho's face. Think about Slaine is her "motivational girl"). It also confirms the knight war plot main focus will end soon (but again, I knew this), it confirms Slaine's the center of the plot (the main villain is interested on him) which again-the director spelled it aloud so I eagerly wait the second half when he'll be the main protagonist supposedly. It also confirms Inaho never fought to protect the princess specifically and people did jump the gun with their assumptions. The Slaine fanservice didn't hurt, not just because he's beaten and shirtless, but the fact he didn't cry or weep and stood strong even defying. That shows he has balls of steel.

Plus side: Marito seems not angsty this episode. Thank God. Keep it this way.
ThessAug 23, 2014 1:15 PM
Aug 23, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
bjorno said:

Inaho doesn't seem even remotely interested in any sort of human action nor care about anything in particular. There's no chance he and the Princess start a relationship beyond the one they have right now that lacks any sort of chemistry. She just tells him things and then he just kind of stares blankly and responds with one of his glib one liners about logic, science and survival. If anything their interactions come across more like deadpan humor than anything meaningful or romantic.
Aug 23, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

The implication she saved him? Of course they are "abusing" the scene, they made the scene to be romantic-set up fodder. I told you about this before, don't be so shocked it's precisely that.

But if you want to look at it in another way, this what he thought: he wanted to protect her just like she saved him once.

Saazbaum is the main villain. Of course that didn't happen.

I'm giddy because I loved this episode: it confirms Asseylum's motivation to love the world and want peace is Slaine (but we knew this beforehand, it's not that she's not 'thinking about Slaine' is that her actions are moved by thinking about him: all is connected to what he told her once. Her love for the world and her wish for peace root on their interaction, you know, she admitted it on Inaho's face. Think about Slaine is her "motivational girl"). It also confirms the knight war plot main focus will end soon (but again, I knew this), it confirms Slaine's the center of the plot (the main villain is interested on him) which again-the director spelled it aloud so I eagerly wait the second half when he'll be the main protagonist supposedly. It also confirms Inaho never fought to protect the princess specifically and people did jump the gun with their assumptions. The Slaine fanservice didn't hurt, not just because he's beaten and shirtless, but the fact he didn't cry or weep and stood strong even defying. That shows he has balls of steel.

Plus side: Marito seems not angsty this episode. Thank God. Keep it this way.

I think you were against romantic plot involve too much into the story?

If you read Akame manga recent chapter, you can clearly see that this Slaine torture scene is bad. Yes he has balls of steel but he doesn't have any inner struggle... just like: " Hime is my goddess, she gives me power to overcome any pain...." . And he dreams constantly of that kissing scene in the middle of his torture. Feel like he has no other good memory? Read Akame and learn, Aldnoad writer...

I hate fanservice on serious show. and especially when they are ABUSING it.
Aug 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
I'm sure even if the shippers don't get the romance they want, this show will nevertheless spawn plenty of doujinshi in which every imaginable pairing (and several unimaginable ones) will be depicted.
Aug 23, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
I think you were against romantic plot involve too much into the story?

If you read Akame manga recent chapter, you can clearly see that this Slaine torture scene is bad. Yes he has balls of steel but he doesn't have any inner struggle... just like: " Hime is my goddess, she gives me power to overcome any pain...." . And he dreams constantly of that kissing scene in the middle of his torture. Feel like he has no other good memory? Read Akame and learn, Aldnoad writer...

I hate fanservice on serious show. and especially when they are ABUSING it.

Romance is fine as long it's not taking over the screen, it didn't here. Just some subtext and implications, it's fine. Romance drama and polygons are not. I'm sure Marito/Darzana or Yuki might have some subplot. I'm more interested because of Saauzbaum or however his name is spelled.

He's thinking about that moment because is the moment she saved his life, he thinks he's saving hers.
Aug 23, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
I'm sure even if the shippers don't get the romance they want, this show will nevertheless spawn plenty of doujinshi in which every imaginable pairing (and several unimaginable ones) will be depicted.

I see the most popular ones:
Count x Slaine
Slaine x Inaho
Inaho x Princess
Slaine x Princess
Slaine x Inaho x Princess
Inaho x Yuki(wtf?)
Aug 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2010
GodlyKyon said:
fst said:

Count x Slaine
Slaine x Inaho
Inaho x Princess
Slaine x Princess
Inaho x Yuki(wtf?)

Are we talking about what? Fanart and doujinshi or twitter tags? Slaine/Asseylum hands down wins that. With Inaho/Slaine the only challenger.

Cruhteo/Slaine and Inaho/Yuki are popular too but nowhere as much. Inaho/Seylum is mostly shipped as secondary OT3 complimentary by the other big shippers at times.
Aug 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
Thess said:
GodlyKyon said:

Count x Slaine
Slaine x Inaho
Inaho x Princess
Slaine x Princess
Inaho x Yuki(wtf?)

Are we talking about what? Fanart and doujinshi or twitter tags? Slaine/Asseylum hands down wins that. With Inaho/Slaine the only challenger.

Cruhteo/Slaine and Inaho/Yuki are popular too but nowhere as much. Inaho/Seylum is mostly shipped as secondary OT3 complimentary by the other big shippers at times.

I am guessing Doges. But yeah... It is almost overwhelming how popular Slaine/Asselylum is, I don't really care for any shipping... whatever.
Aug 23, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
GodlyKyon said:
I am guessing Doges. But yeah... It is almost overwhelming how popular Slaine/Asselylum is, I don't really care for any shipping... whatever.

It's pretty odd a heterosexual pairing got popular in mecha in Japan. I mean over the BL option (for now at least). Only other example that came to my mind is Lacus/Kira.
Aug 23, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
Before this episode (8), I actually thought Inaho might be interested in the princess, but now I'm not so sure, as he just seemed to not give a shit about her. Actually, he just doesn't seem to care about anything in particular.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 23, 2014 4:49 PM
Jul 2011
geralt said:
Before this episode (8), I actually thought Inaho might be interested in the princess, but now I'm not so sure, as he just seemed to not give a shit about her. Actually, he just doesn't seem to care about anything in particular.

I'm not a shipper (MaritoxYuki was the only pairing I was looking forward and got shot down), but I think I agree with you. This episode killed two flags the Inaho and princess shippers had. One is the violent greeting when she performed the same on the megane, picturing Inaho greeting as nothing special. The other is "Inaho wants to protect her" when he shrugged it off as something he did for his own survival and she wasn't special.

At the same time, it raised the Slaine/princess ending -if they survive- because it made Slaine the source of why she wants to do all this and how everything she loves reminds him of everything he said. That scene when Inaho told her Slaine was wrong, she wasn't angry at Slaine or embarrassed, she was angry at Inaho because she contradicted Slaine's words. They are a big deal for her.

If they want to take that route, she might be portrayed as innocent and oblivious to not realize that what she fell for wasn't the planet, instead she fell for Slaine and projected those feelings into the world. It can be spin like this when she realizes she's losing him. Asseylum thinks Slaine is safe and she takes him from granted, but if she finds out what has happened since their last meeting and whose hands he is -or if they want to level up the cheap drama- loses his memories, this will give a meaningful turn.
Aug 23, 2014 5:05 PM
Jul 2014
geralt said:

Mas uno. I think the same.
Aug 23, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2010
Could be baiting the fans, but one thing is sure the manga played this scene up as more romantic:

(take note that Asseylum wasn't blushing before)

Nagi no Asukara manga did the same with the Tsumugu/Chisaki early hints, for those obsessed people who persist in bring it as example.
Aug 23, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

The funny thing is that, the way I see it, she has already betrayed him. I dunno how she can not notice that Slaine is abused at the castle. And in this episode she didn't care enough to try to find out anything about him from Inaho (I understand, that she doesn't know, if it's him, but if there was even a small possibility... Does she not want to know, why he was there, killing martian knights?). She hasn't said even once that she doesn't want him to worry about her death. I am not able to explain it in a way favorable to her, sorry.

- You know, the guy I shot down, he said that he cared about you.
- Ah, maybe Slaine... Look, seagulls! *dances*

I have to quote this here. Can't agree more.

It won't make sense if Slaine and Hime end up 'happily ever after", after their situation diverges so much.

I prefer to see the ending of Slaine's resolve when hime points her gun at him. have a feeling that his fate is failure next to failure.

And I hope they put Inaho back into the picture. They even confirm that Inaho will grow through confrontation with Slaine, aren't they?
Slaine is in Saazbaum's hand now, so the only thing I can think of is their fighting.
Aug 23, 2014 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
She didn't know that. You're giving her too much credit, she's a bit of an airhead. She's showing her love for seagulls because she's fascinated with everything Slaine told her.

The more their situation diverges, the more likely it is. I think still she'll die, since it's obvious the feudal system is wrong so princesses and emperors should just take a ditch and be killed.

chickenonthepan said:
And I hope they put Inaho back into the picture. They even confirm that Inaho will grow through confrontation with Slaine, aren't they?
Slaine is in Saazbaum's hand now, so the only thing I can think of is their fighting.

Inaho has no personality this episode. He needs to get back to cook his sister's breakfast soon.
Aug 23, 2014 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
She didn't know that. You're giving her too much credit, she's a bit of an airhead. She's showing her love for seagulls because she's fascinated with everything Slaine told her.

The more their situation diverges, the more likely it is. I think still she'll die, since it's obvious the feudal system is wrong so princesses and emperors should just take a ditch and be killed.

chickenonthepan said:

Inaho has no personality this episode. He needs to get back to cook his sister's breakfast soon.

I am not satisfied by the way they put the "romance" if there is any, unlike you. You just assume she is an air-head and fine with that, I'm not. She should have more credits than that.

And I think you are too favorable toward Slaine. You are fine with Hime and Inaho the way they are, I'm not, and most people are not either.

Now as they will likely be enemy, I hope Slaine will kill Yuki. I wonder how Inaho is going to react if that happens.

Srsly, I think you are too satisfy with the romance subplot and forget all about the big picture. The series won't get better unless all characters get proper development. Slaine is just one part of the story.
Aug 23, 2014 6:49 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
I am not satisfied by the way they put the "romance" if there is any, unlike you. You just assume she is an air-head and fine with that, I'm not. She should have more credits than that..

Why should she? Why can't she be an airhead about some things? She needed a huge reality slap to realize her idea was stupid in the show. She obviously too pampered and sheltered to realize there are wrong things unless she faces them in person.

chickenonthepan said:
And I think you are too favorable toward Slaine. You are fine with Hime and Inaho the way they are, I'm not, and most people are not either.

You don't even recall how to spell her name. Do you really care about Asseylum as character? Seems she's just "the princess" for most fans. You're also the one who was displeased with Slaine's so called "one dimension" this episode which I believe is a wrong assessment. He's showing his loyalty, with actual introspection, giving him reasons and backing them with words.

Now as they will likely be enemy, I hope Slaine will kill Yuki. I wonder how Inaho is going to react if that happens.

You're speculating there. I doubt Slaine will set a foot in the battlefield for a while.

Srsly, I think you are too satisfy with the romance subplot and forget all about the big picture. The series won't get better unless all characters get proper development. Slaine is just one part of the story.

The "romance plot" is part of the big picture, though. Asseylum wanted to visit Earth and make peace with Terrans because Slaine's teachings. A large part of Slaine's motivation is Asseylum who saved him. Their relationship, romantic or not, defines their goals and shape the plot so far.

Inaho's goal is survival, so he'll have to fight Martians.

y123y said:
There an Asukara manga? I thought it was 100% original.

The manga adaptation came after, same with A.Z. It made Tsumugu/Chisaki set up (which I thought was obvious already) far clearer.
Aug 23, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2010
y123y said:
I guess thats better, because pre-timeskip in the anime, Tsumugu and Chisaki had only like 2 conversations, and by episode 13, Chisaki was hugging Tsumugu and embracing him like if he was her life, her everything, and she forgot all about Kaname and then Kaname fell off the boat after seeing that scene.

I just noticed that they have translated the first three chapters. Have they stopped translating it?

The scenes are the same but the way they are made (with close up to her blushes) are clearer. I thought the set up was fairly clear by episode 9. Kaname's jealousy was the obvious indication.

Scanned, no. There were chinese scalations but I don't have them with me right now.
Aug 23, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2014
I know her name just fine. Asseylum. But I want to call her Hime, your problem? I don't think there is any problem with personal preference. Or you want me to call her Princess Ass?
You just assume I don't know how to spell her name like you assume everything in this anime. Your word is truth?
You are wrong about Inaho and Slaine will make up the misunderstanding this episode already, mister. Don't need to deny, I can link your post for you if you want, both here and Animesuki.

Still a minor part of the plot, that's why I call it subplot. You know how broad the cast of Aldnoah is, right? What else we have that they can touch instead of repeating fanservice scene?

- First, Calm is a wasted plot advancement. He should give Hime more aggression as he lost his best friend and his hometown because of Martians. He could open the inner struggle between members on that ship. There will be someone who is not fine with Hime staying with them and Calm should be the one who started the inner fighting. Enough of hint how much he hate Martian in earlier episode?

- Second, Marito. Don't need me to explain more?

- Third, captian Mag. She should show some inner struggle as The Princess of Mars is now on her ship. Even if she helped them, there should be some elements of doubts. At least wonder how can see use Hime from now on.

- Fourth, no character development for Inaho. Yuki is nowhere to be seen.

- Fifth, show the shift in Cruhteo's thinking a little slower will ya? At least show his inner struggle. He was completely 180 degree there.

- Sixth, instead of repeating fanservice scene, why don't they just show a simple smile of Hime in Slaine's memory? that would be much better. If they want to emphasize that hime is Slaine's savior, show it one time is enough, no need to abusing it.

Slaine-Hime relationship is just one of many relationships in this series. And almost none got character development so far.

Slaine wise, I think that he is pretty much have only Hime in his mind now, peace or shit, he doesn't care. All he want is getting his princess back, although that means doom to his fellow Terrans. I was hoping he has more inner struggle but no, he just have one thing in mind: Asseylum. His character is so clear now, so I don't think they can make him better than this. The only thing left to do is breaking him.
Aug 23, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
You are wrong about Inaho and Slaine will make up the misunderstanding this episode already, mister. Don't need to deny, I can link your post for you if you want, both here and Animesuki.

I also said Cruhteo captured Slaine and was torturing him. ;)

The misunderstanding will be cleared when they speak, now Inaho knows a bit more of Slaine. If the scriptwriters allow him to be smart and ask his name.

Still a minor part of the plot, that's why I call it subplot. You know how broad the cast of Aldnoah is, right? What else we have that they can touch instead of repeating fanservice scene?

Saazbaum capturing Slaine is no "small" at all.

About the rest: Calm was always a minor character, Marito I agree and I'm pissed about it, also agreed on the lack of hostility towards her. It makes no sense and only makes her look stupid for keeping her disguise so long. The shift on Cruhteo made sense because he was all about loyalty, Slaine proved himself.

Disagree on Slaine. He'll be manipulated a bit, but then he'll be snatched away from Saazbaum, it's too early for him to triumph.
Aug 23, 2014 8:11 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

I also said Cruhteo captured Slaine and was torturing him. ;)

The misunderstanding will be cleared when they speak, now Inaho knows a bit more of Slaine. If the scriptwriters allow him to be smart and ask his name.

Saazbaum capturing Slaine is no "small" at all.

About the rest: Calm was always a minor character, Marito I agree and I'm pissed about it, also agreed on the lack of hostility towards her. It makes no sense and only makes her look stupid for keeping her disguise so long. The shift on Cruhteo made sense because he was all about loyalty, Slaine proved himself.

Disagree on Slaine. He'll be manipulated a bit, but then he'll be snatched away from Saazbaum, it's too early for him to triumph.

Ha, and you say a minor character cannot start a plot advancement? It kills off EVERY hope of development from Inaho's friends. And his reason for giving away his hostility is really stupid. He can start a whole character development for Inaho when he has to oppose his friends. Captains mag will have to deal with the inner fighting in the ship. But NO, Slaine X Hime moment is most important.

And you agree that those fanservice scene should be cut? Less time for romance. And more time for Marito and other people on the ship?

Cruhteo hates Terran in general, as every Martian. Even he recognizes Slaine, hug him or immediately calling for a truce is too fast of a development.

I personally think that Slaine will never triumph. He was made to fail as I can see, because he is to emotional. As you said, he will never be an antagonist, but I think he will become a hero will bad fortune (like Kariya from FZ, I just say about their fate here, not character similarity). Only if he joins force with Inaho, he will have a chance. Otherwise, if he remains alone, he will never run out of Saazbaum's hand, as always. He is not smart enough.
Just_ChickenAug 23, 2014 8:22 PM
Aug 23, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
Slaine x Hime
Slaine x Rayet is what I have in thoughts, tho seems impossible but whatever. At first I thought of Inaho x Rayet too, but after few eps I see, Inaho has no feels at all
Aug 23, 2014 8:18 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Ha, and you say a minor character cannot start a plot advancement? It kills off EVERY hope of development from Inaho's friends. And his reason for giving away his hostility is really stupid. He can start a whole character development for Inaho when he has to oppose his friends. Captains mag will have to deal with the inner fighting in the ship. But NO, Slaine X Hime moment is most important.

They are main characters, their relationship needs to be fleshed out in flashbacks. I don't see anything wrong with that. Asseylum at least got some motivation and background for being how she is.

Inaho's development will come sooner or later. I guess.

And you agree that those fanservice scene should be cut? Less time for romance. And more time for Marito and other people on the ship?

I want Marito's arc to stop being stupid. The rest I don't care much, I like Inko and Yuki, but they got good moments two episodes ago.

Cruhteo hates Terran in general, as every Martian. Even he recognizes Slaine, hug him or immediately calling for a truce is too fast of a development.

Terrans become Martians if they are acknowledged by Aldnoah. Slaine proved himself to be worthy. Cruhteo was also born on Earth, remember?

I personally think that Slaine will never triumph. He was made to fail as I can see, because he is to emotional. Only if he joins force with Inaho, he will have a chance. Otherwise, if he remains alone, he will never run out of Saazbaum's hand, as always. He is not smart enough.

I meant Saazbaum...getting Slaine this early isn't a bit too premature for his victory.

It's obvious Inaho and Slaine stand no chance against Saazbaum unless they join forces. Inaho isn't really as capable as you believe, he's just got good luck in facing stupid people.
Aug 23, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

They are main characters, their relationship needs to be fleshed out in flashbacks. I don't see anything wrong with that. Asseylum at least got some motivation and background for being how she is.

Inaho's development will come sooner or later. I guess.

Don't need to replay it again and again. 1/2 of the episode is enough.
They missed the perfect chance for Inaho's development. The next one I can see is the death of Yuki.

I want Marito's arc to stop being stupid. The rest I don't care much, I like Inko and Yuki, but they got good moments two episodes ago.

that requires more screen time for him. he cannot suddenly said that " I will stop being stupid now"
I think captain Mag is as important as Marito. She is directly connected to him.

Terrans become Martians if they are acknowledged by Aldnoah. Slaine proved himself to be worthy. Cruhteo was also born on Earth, remember?

Or they just simple swear loyalty to the Emperor?
I don't recall that Cruhteo was born on Earth. In ep1, Saazbaum said that they lived in those castle since father generation.

I meant Saazbaum...getting Slaine this early isn't a bit too premature for his victory.

It's obvious Inaho and Slaine stand no chance against Saazbaum unless they join forces. Inaho isn't really as capable as you believe, he's just got good luck in facing stupid people.

Saazbaum will no doubt be defeated at the end.
Inaho at least has the same smart level as Saazbaum. That should put him above Slaine.
Without his brain, luck is for nothing. If it was Slaine facing same "stupid" people, he was dead meat. If you can tell me how can Slaine beat Trilliam with his bravery and determination, and regular UEF Kats, I will take back my words.
Slaine may be good playing with Cruhteo, but when facing people smarter than him, say Saazbaum and Inaho, he always has the short end of the stick.
I am not denying that they are quite perfect duo, btw. They have their own weak points. But if you are talking about the capability to fight Martians alone, Inaho is surely far ahead of Slaine.
Aug 23, 2014 8:53 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Don't need to replay it again and again. 1/2 of the episode is enough.
They missed the perfect chance for Inaho's development. The next one I can see is the death of Yuki.

Why would it be a perfect chance for Inaho’s development? Slaine’s not there.

that requires more screen time for him. he cannot suddenly said that " I will stop being stupid now"
I think captain Mag is as important as Marito. She is directly connected to him.

He has screentime, it was badly employed.

Or they just simple swear loyalty to the Emperor?
I don't recall that Cruhteo was born on Earth. In ep1, Saazbaum said that they lived in those castle since father generation.

The colonization began 35 years ago, he is 37 years old. Do the math. ;)
They swear loyalty to Vers family and win their favor on their deeds. Works like that for all peasants, Martians or Terrans. Slaine just proved himself to the most loyal man alive to him.

Saazbaum will no doubt be defeated at the end.
Inaho at least has the same smart level as Saazbaum. That should put him above Slaine.
Without his brain, luck is for nothing. If it was Slaine facing same "stupid" people, he was dead meat. If you can tell me how can Slaine beat Trilliam with his bravery and determination, and regular UEF Kats, I will take back my words.
Slaine may be good playing with Cruhteo, but when facing people smarter than him, say Saazbaum and Inaho, he always has the short end of the stick.
I am not denying that they are quite perfect duo, btw. They have their own weak points. But if you are talking about the capability to fight Martians alone, Inaho is surely far ahead of Slaine.

Inaho is really stupid to read people. He’s not at Saazbaum level at all who actually reads the atmosphere and mood and feelings. Slaine actually was recognized as a threat by Saazbaum while he ignores Inaho existence, only the minor mini bosses acknowledged him.

I never said Slaine did not have his fare of luck too, but he did go against Saazbaum to be ‘defeated’ (before he knew Saazbaum was against him) in plot-changed events (not mini boss battles).

Inaho can deal with them in his machine, but he can certainly not deal with them outside it: he got his ass handed by Asseylum. Slaine, on the other hand, shows he is a capable fighter and has always beat them outside the plane he is not even used to pilot. Man this episode, he took beatings that broke a chair in half. His body must be made of iron.
Aug 23, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

Why would it be a perfect chance for Inaho’s development? Slaine’s not there.

Simple, he opposes his friends.
Why are you insisting Inaho must have Slaine to grow? "Key character", hah? He has enough elements around him to make him grow already.

He has screentime, it was badly employed.

Just as these romantic subplot.

The colonization began 35 years ago, he is 37 years old. Do the math. ;)
They swear loyalty to Vers family and win their favor on their deeds. Works like that for all peasants, Martians or Terrans. Slaine just proved himself to the most loyal man alive to him.

2 years old boy has the memory that he is a Terran, legit. Can you remember what you did when you were 2 years old? He grew as a Martian.
And you are following my thought, your line was "recognize by Aldnoad". Now we switch to loyalty?
Still, why loyalty is the only matter, why they are racists like that?
Are you telling me Terrans don't have enough royalty? And they are being called scum and killed like insect just because of that? We have democracy, thank you. Not everyone give up their freedom in exchange for power.

Slaine actually was recognized as a threat by Saazbaum while he ignores Inaho existence, only the minor mini bosses acknowledged him.

Since when?
Saazbaum only keeps Slaine alive because he needs Dr. Troyard researches. I remember Saazbaum's line was "you mean no harm to our cause". He easily defeated Slaine, why bother?
Does Saazbaum know that Inaho exist? Does he know about the Orange mech? Two big NO. Saazbaum will see Inaho seriously after he hears about Orange. I bet on it. He killed 2 knights and 1 baron already. Only a fool won't call him a thread. And Saazbuam is not one I suppose.
When does Slaine has the ability to read people also? Cruhteo is a loyalist and he still regard him as traitor. And he was too quick to point a gun at someone too.
Reading people is the hardest part of life. just ask any psychologist and they will give you same answer. Saazbaum has that ability, good for him, he will be good antagonist I suppose. Inaho doesn't have that, he is still clever. Failing to read people doesn't make you stupid.

Inaho can deal with them in his machine, but he can certainly not deal with them outside it: he got his ass handed by Asseylum. Slaine, on the other hand, shows he is a capable fighter and has always beat them outside the plane he is not even used to pilot. Man this episode, he took beatings that broke a chair in half. His body must be made of iron.

yeah man, I can give you some credit if you point out how the hell can Slaine pull one knight of of his kat?
Is this a mecha anime? Do you think all mecha anime main char is a martial artist? Or they just need to be good with their mech and problem solved?
Just_ChickenAug 23, 2014 10:13 PM
Aug 23, 2014 10:16 PM
Mar 2012
Hopefully, InahoxSeylum but that Sloppy Joe Kiss...
Aug 23, 2014 10:49 PM
May 2014
Slaine/Asseylum definitely. They are the only pairing I care about. And besides Eddel and Cruhteo are the only charas I like.
Aug 24, 2014 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
geralt said:

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Inaho doesn't seem even remotely interested in any sort of human action nor care about anything in particular. There's no chance he and the Princess start a relationship beyond the one they have right now that lacks any sort of chemistry. She just tells him things and then he just kind of stares blankly and responds with one of his glib one liners about logic, science and survival. If anything their interactions come across more like deadpan humor than anything meaningful or romantic.

Maryruss said:
Pleaso no!!!, Inaho doesn't give a fuck about Slaine neither Hime-sama, I believe he just want to exploits her.

Okay, let's consider a bit Inaho's personality. He is the emotionally detached genius type. World for him is endless sequence of mathematical formulation and rational logical causality, truly a world without the hint of grey between white and black. He is using and will probably always use his intellect and analytical mind to prioritize: calmly looking at situation at hand and after consider pros and cons of each scenario, taking action in the way he founds most beneficial and logical.

It would not be in his character go starry eyed over a girl and definitely he isn't the type to fall easily in love. And this makes him probably also the type that is the very last person to realize he is in matter of factually in love and his emotion are affecting his decisions without him being aware of it.

But is he cold? Rewind a bit back to the the first episode and take a another look at the breakfast scene. He asks Yuki, would she have preferred scrambled or rolled eggs... I think everybody remembers the scene. When they were looking at the Asseylums parade, what was Inaho reacting while he was looking at his mobile? Eggs were on sale. After the attack it would not have been against his character to go shopping. :D And when Yuki called him, he was cooking at the kitchen... Egg rolls.

He is this kind of a sweet guy: not the typical guy who is going to confess his undying love blushing holding roses for his loved one. He is a great listener, loyal and very considerate of other people in his own way, but is unlikely to speak or show emotion physically. It doesn't mean he isn't having them. Remember Okisuki... Inaho looked like he was barely reacting, but looking at how he regarded Slaine (couple of episodes back he made clear what is his definition of an enemy): he is deeply affected by his friends death.

I think the last episodes conversation with Asseylum, confirmed that. He is most likely the type that feels that emotions aren't crucial in decision making and when asked about some decision of his, he will list every logical and unemotional thing he can count. I think that his perfectly analytical and rational decision at the time with Slaine is going to haunt him afterwards.

That was probably the point, where everyone might have had an happy ending. And so making this crucial decision, Inaho has raised the death flag for either Slaine or Asseylum, worst case scenario being, they will both die and what is worst: both die unhappy judging the foreshadowing at the end of the opening.

Well, going back to the romantical aspect, I think that Inaho needs an open minded, patient and emotionally mature person, who actually listens and reads him carefully enough to understands the true meaning both in things he is and isn't saying. And Asseylum certainly is qualified in this sense. If they develop feelings for each other is as matter of chemistry as Kaioshin_Sama said, but at this point of the time it is difficult to say how they are going to end up: friends or something more than that.
nirunaruAug 24, 2014 12:54 AM
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 AM
Dec 2013
Shomix said:
Is there any romance in this anime ?

Probably but we're like 8 episodes into a possibly 24 episode series. There's been hints of it but its not full blown yet.
Aug 24, 2014 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
Hopefully nobody minds that I'm a bit off topic. This was interesting side track (Gundam Seed having similar plot setup with Aldnoah), but there is only a little to be discussed between differences, so I think it would not be very popular topic of its own. :) I will pipe up, if this is too annoying to others. :) I try to sprinkler some romatic notations and speculation on-topic between the lines. ;)

Thess said:
Gundam Seed is focused on the story of two estranged childhood friends, ditto with Geass. You can’t make a good comparison because Athrun and Kira pine for each other a lot and their hostility only escalates with Niiicoool who liked to play the piano. The drama is on their estranged friendship. This isn’t in Aldnoah ‘cause Slaine and Inaho are strangers.

Yes, I agree. Though I wasn't meaning that characters are the same as personality wise or that main character setting with each other are exact the same, but there are similar traits. Few of them I already listed: the female commanders, lieutenant, battleships Archangel and Deucallion, Lacus and Asseylum, the attack on Heliopolis and teenagers joining batlle crew and so forth). I think if I would actually feel motivated enough to watch Gundam Seed again, I might find more specific commond ground, but I am so not. :D I prefer replaying Aldnoah. ;)

I meant what I said, that this is like the second coming of Gundam Seed.... and I mean by using same setting, but creating novel and more interesting characters (without being ripoff) and still coming up with surprising story line. Nice! And I really enjoy the humor.

I think at already this point Aldnoah Zero has left Gundam Seed so far behind in only eight episodes and is clearly vastly better in any aspect. Hope this carries on and the tension keeps rising: this is very promising show indeed... To say that, I'm sporting bald spots from yanking my hair off in frustration and anticipation... This episode was already third cliffhanger in row and so the waiting will continue to killing me. :D

Thess said:
More like L-Elf and Haruto of Valvrave, for instance, a show Gen watched recently too.

While this is certanly true, I still think there are more common base distinctly with Gundam Seed than any other series can I muster up. I, too, remembered Valvrave, that is a good candidate, but the whole Haruto to turning something his friends considered monstrous and drama in that and the whole vampire thing for me clearly severs any more lingering feeling of similarity, even though this was kind of genetic alteration in the kind off same way that Kira was Coordinate. And he wasn't drained dry by his own alibity. It doesn't click for me.

Thess said:
Big ship isn’t exclusive to Seed. Gundam had the White Base.

On the other hand, in Gundam Seed Archangel was state of the art technology that proved to be the critical assent in the war against ?was it Zaft the opposing faction?, and well, looking back Aldnoah Zeros episode seven and eight, I think couple of more similarities addition to coloring of the ships are imminent. I don't think I really have to point them out. ;)

Thess said:
Dianna is simply older (very old), but she's very alike Asseylum in how she wishes to see the ancient place where the mar-I mean moonrace was born. Slaine and Lorran have some similitudes as well.

Mar-what.... You ment moonrace. LOL. Point taken.

I looked yesterday again all the episodes and I agree. Asseylum reminded me about Dianna as you pointed out. Like when she took Inaho ground or whirled on board of Deucallion. But after looking the whole 'Dancing with the Seagulls' scene, she still reminded me acutely of Lacus. As I said, I think Dianne is more of a cool-type and Asseylum is the cute-type and she will remain that way unless something disastrous happens and after she turns to cynical and cold vengence-is-mine-type. At least now she considers naive idealism as a forte not a liability.

And I just can't see Dianna blushing . :D

Actually I can't imagine Dianne blushing in same situation in neither of the case interpretation I came up with Asseylum so to connect this post to even remotely to romance speculation in Aldnoah Zero. Attention! I now present the sprinkled speculation to not completly wonder off-topic. :P

First possibility that this can be a sign of Asseylums feelings towards Slaine and she is slightly angry that she can't defend her dear loved one to Inaho.

Second is just plain boring blush over making an embarrasing error. :D But that is just so meh. ;) First is more fun don't you agree...

Is there a third scenario? Anyone have opinions?

Thess said:
Asseylum does have power: she has the power of Aldnoah. She’s not an icon either, not until the Martians made her an excuse for war. She’s revered because she’s the heir to Ray’s throne. Meanwhile Lacus is liked and popular because she’s an Idol Singer. XD

And here we actually come across another obvious similarity between seed and zero... Don't know how I missed that. Aldnoah is about war between humans and "evolved" Versians. Ring a bell? Seed was about war between humans, Naturals, and genetically altered Coordinators. More over Aldnoah is an ability that is ignited technology by altering genes... Hmm...

And Lacus Clyne was also a Coordinator so this makes her "powerful" in same sense than Asseylum. And while Lacus wasn't a princess I faintly remember her being a heir of a rich and powerful family. (The triangle thing, wasn't there a bit drama between Athrun and Lacus? As I said I really don't care this kind of drama, so I mercifully eraised my memory about the whole Fllay thing. :D)

Well yes, Asseylum is heir of the throne, but she isn't in power, her grandfather is. She has influence, but not real power to make decisions... yet. Cruhteo didn't feel obliged to carry on her dream of peace with Earth. And she was considered something that isn't necessary in the future of Vers empire by conspiring knights. Just wondering, don't they need a heir that line that genetically carries Aldnoah ability? Are they a bit short sided?

Thess said:
Not just in how fantastic Slaine would look in a dress.

lol.

To sum it up. I feel that I have gathered enough similarities between Seed and Zero to be able to soundly argument my point that these two shows have common setup, but different plot. :)

Gundam Seed and Aldnoah Zero remind me in a similar way, that I hear the similarity between these two songs I heard couple of months ago: when I heard Alibi (by Dirt Poor Robins from their album The Last Day of the Leviathan) I at the same time heard Killer Queen by Queens in my mind. But in this case, Queens still rock more. :D
nirunaruAug 24, 2014 5:56 AM
Aug 24, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2011
Why are you all bringing up Gundam Seed? Arthrun is more like Inaho than Slaine and Kira is more like Slaine than Inaho. I suspect Slaine's father got him involved in his experiments.

nirunaru said:
That was probably the point, where everyone might have had an happy ending. And so making this crucial decision, Inaho has raised the death flag for either Slaine or Asseylum, worst case scenario being, they will both die and what is worst: both die unhappy judging the foreshadowing at the end of the opening.

Permit me to intervene here to clarify something: Heavenly Blue by kalafina is written from Slaine's Point of View according to the booklet (I recently purchased it), so he is likely safe.

Inaho raised his own death flag when he spoke his goal is survival. You don't do that in a mecha show, it's like "I'll tell you when I go back" flag. Or perhaps he endangered his sister or a friend by turning down Slaine as ally and declare him an enemy. I agree with you, that action will come back and haunt him, but I don't believe it'll be damaging to Slaine's or Asselyum's well being (they already got separated again thanks to his action): His sister or Inko might be killed if they face each others again. Karma is a bitch.

The speculation of the "who is the princess shooting" has become pointless because the storyboard that comes with the cd. It's an opening-exclusive scene and likely it's mean to symbolize how pained Asseylum is she has to battle when she wants peace: the enemy is everyone. The scenes that were taken from the show are notably missing in the storyboard.
Aug 24, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
Why are you all bringing up Gundam Seed? Arthrun is more like Inaho than Slaine and Kira is more like Slaine than Inaho. I suspect Slaine's father got him involved in his experiments.

Permit me to intervene here to clarify something: Heavenly Blue by kalafina is written from Slaine's Point of View according to the booklet (I recently purchased it), so he is likely safe.

Inaho raised his own death flag when he spoke his goal is survival. You don't do that in a mecha show, it's like "I'll tell you when I go back" flag. Or perhaps he endangered his sister or a friend by turning down Slaine as ally and declare him an enemy. I agree with you, that action will come back and haunt him, but I don't believe it'll be damaging to Slaine's or Asselyum's well being (they already got separated again thanks to his action): His sister or Inko might be killed if they face each others again. Karma is a bitch.

The speculation of the "who is the princess shooting" has become pointless because the storyboard that comes with the cd. It's an opening-exclusive scene and likely it's mean to symbolize how pained Asseylum is she has to battle when she wants peace: the enemy is everyone. The scenes that were taken from the show are notably missing in the storyboard.

I don't believe either Inaho, Slaine or Hime will die in the first season. So Slaine will be safe, at least until the end of this season.

Slaine is in Saazbaum's hand now. It's very likely that Slaine will be Inaho's enemy for the time being, and Hime is with Inaho atm. So that Op scene could be a cliff hanger for the end of this season. Aldnoah's Op scene are not so pointless if you look more carefully. That's my speculation. Yours are also speculation. We will see who is right.

I see Inaho's answer as a polite one. He fights for everyone's survival. I think he prioritize his sister to himself. We get enough hint of this. So the dead one will more likely be Yuki. I have a strong feeling that she will die next time Slaine and Inaho fight. And I'm pretty sure Inaho's goal will change after Yuki dies.
Aug 24, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
geralt said:

Kaioshin_Sama said:

Maryruss said:

Okay, let's consider a bit Inaho's personality. He is the emotionally detached genius type. World for him is endless sequence of mathematical formulation and rational logical causality, truly a world without the hint of grey between white and black. He is using and will probably always use his intellect and analytical mind to prioritize: calmly looking at situation at hand and after consider pros and cons of each scenario, taking action in the way he founds most beneficial and logical.

It would not be in his character go starry eyed over a girl and definitely he isn't the type to fall easily in love. And this makes him probably also the type that is the very last person to realize he is in matter of factually in love and his emotion are affecting his decisions without him being aware of it.

But is he cold? Rewind a bit back to the the first episode and take a another look at the breakfast scene. He asks Yuki, would she have preferred scrambled or rolled eggs... I think everybody remembers the scene. When they were looking at the Asseylums parade, what was Inaho reacting while he was looking at his mobile? Eggs were on sale. After the attack it would not have been against his character to go shopping. :D And when Yuki called him, he was cooking at the kitchen... Egg rolls.

He is this kind of a sweet guy: not the typical guy who is going to confess his undying love blushing holding roses for his loved one. He is a great listener, loyal and very considerate of other people in his own way, but is unlikely to speak or show emotion physically. It doesn't mean he isn't having them. Remember Okisuki... Inaho looked like he was barely reacting, but looking at how he regarded Slaine (couple of episodes back he made clear what is his definition of an enemy): he is deeply affected by his friends death.

I think the last episodes conversation with Asseylum, confirmed that. He is most likely the type that feels that emotions aren't crucial in decision making and when asked about some decision of his, he will list every logical and unemotional thing he can count. I think that his perfectly analytical and rational decision at the time with Slaine is going to haunt him afterwards.

Well, going back to the romantical aspect, I think that Inaho needs an open minded, patient and emotionally mature person, who actually listens and reads him carefully enough to understands the true meaning both in things he is and isn't saying. And Asseylum certainly is qualified in this sense. If they develop feelings for each other is as matter of chemistry as Kaioshin_Sama said, but at this point of the time it is difficult to say how they are going to end up: friends or something more than that.

O.O Great point. Maybe I will not see Inaho as a douchb... like I see now.
Aug 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
[quote=HopeLight]Why are you all bringing up Gundam Seed?[quote]
Were there others, or was I first?

I signed up this forum recently and I didn't check other topics beside this one.

But I kind of carelessly brought it up, because I felt that the setting and some characters seemed similar, and after that discussion got a little side-tracked. There was brief argument, if the similarities are just the usual mecha-generic thing or more specific relation between the two shows.

Another candidate for more character-wise similarity was Turn A Gundam, because Kira/Athrun and Inaho/Slaine pairings were in many aspects very different, but also mainly because Asseylums personality was somewhere between Seeds Lacus and Turn A's Dianna.

HopeLight said:

Well that's great. ^^ I always hope we can keep casualties low. :D

HopeLight said:
Inaho raised his own death flag when he spoke his goal is survival.

Yes, I actually forgot that. Good call, though the usual cannon fodder are the egoistical-types, and Inaho is just getting facts straight. ;) Well then there is always the possibility that Slaines torture and suffering will increase the tragic factor and thus keeping more characters alive.

HopeLight said:

I haven't really followed any other posts, good to know. :)
Aug 24, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
Bluebirds22 said:
O.O Great point. Maybe I will not see Inaho as a douchb... like I see now.

Well, this type of emotional detachment is more or less common with highly gifted and intelligent people... and one reason for this might be that some are autistic. Inaho might be a very, and I mean very, slight case of AS bordelining normal:

"Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome)

I actually know someone, who has AS, and I can tell that they will always get straight to the point. Sometimes it feels like being in a car crash or trying to get across mine field.

People who have this kind of disorder, don't understand concepts like common courtesy. It is just totally alien to them. They are not visiting from Mars, more likely they flew here from somewhere outside our galaxy. :D

But they don't bad mouth behind your back and are also as quick to defend anyone they consider a trusted friend. It is really refreshing and I like that, but it is kind of difficult to get used to it. Our society expects a little white lies here and there and it is a bumpy road at first. :)
nirunaruAug 24, 2014 2:12 PM
Aug 24, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
Inaho x Egg
OTP
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Inaho x Egg
OTP

And yes that is the another possibility: Inaho is just the regular rude and selfish dude, who will sacrifice everything for his true love. :D

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.