Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Happiness! De-Lucks First Press Special OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 31, 2008 11:48 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha. This one ep owned the whole series.

JUN FTW.

Traps ftw.

Feb 10, 2008 10:48 PM

lol... good OVA to watch for laughing...

Feb 29, 2008 6:58 AM

Pretty funny. The ending was unexpected :P

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]

Apr 25, 2008 1:32 AM
ZoiQ said:
Hahaha. This one ep owned the whole series.
Yeah, why didn't they include this in the original series?

Anyway... I get it now! Everyone has their own definition of happiness! XD

Oct 8, 2008 10:35 AM

I love traps.

But it was kinda generic. For instance, the characters were cute, but that animation wasn't exactly the sleekest.
Basically the trap thing is the only thing it has going for it.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Jun 1, 2009 7:08 AM

LOL Yuuma has become the world's most loved girl lmao,problem is he has almost an infinite magical energy hmmm, i guess the teacher has to do something lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Jul 25, 2009 9:35 PM

Was actually wondering why Yuma was the only unaffected dude out of the whole school through this show =P

Feb 27, 2011 2:07 AM

I probably should have watched this a long time ago...

An ok episode. I got a few laughs. Now if I could just remember what happened in the main show.

May 5, 2011 5:59 AM

...okay.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Jan 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Might be the worst spin off of anything ever made. I liked Happiness! more than most people but this...this actually made me think less of it. I'm not sure who was being catered to - if it was Jun fans, I don't know why they would like it. They shoved in this new character arc that is depressing and kind of realistic that doesn't fit in...Instead of just being happy being a cute, attractive crossdresser now he actually wishes he was a girl? That's depressing, and Yuma really is a prick for how callous he comes across in this. The story is like "if you stay as a girl, people will rape you, so you should be a boy where everyone is weirded out by you".

When they introduced the fan club I thought "oh they'll do a story where Jun is a girl but then the club doesn't like him changing who he was so they explain to him and he realises he doesn't have to change" (I wouldn't really like this either, but it would have been better). Instead they're just like in 1 scene and never mentioned again.

Then I thought oh they'll finish it by implying Hachi still is attracted to Jun, that'll be a nice implied canonical pairing and make it less sad that everyone, except his fan club, are weirded out by Jun for having a penis. But they didn't do that.

It was just a pointless one of joke episode but the joke was a real thing and poorly handled.