Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
http://precure.livejournal.com/2669569.html

Here's a rough translation from the comments

"I am only using Bing and Google to translate this, but from what I can tell, the first question discusses the viewing rate of the Precure series compared to other animes of the same demographic like Aikatsu, and it is bad, the rating is decreasing and Aikatsu pretty much became their rival and they are planning for the offensive now to attract more viewers and win.

The second question discussing about the future of the Precure series, and they decided to not change the status quo and decided to remain unchanged even in this bad situation. (which I am confused considering how are they going to be aggressive and win when they do not change anything)

The third question is about the Precure All Stars movie and how it compete against other movies like Doraemon and Frozen (I think)."

Shame about the ratings of Precure T__T

It's the 10th year entry to the franchise and i think they did an amazing job making things fresh and innovative.

I'm very surprise to hear that Aikatsu is rival to Precure. Even though i have all the episode up to date on my PC. I haven't bring myself to watch it since i have tons of show currently watching right now.

Was hoping Sailor Moon would be rival though. then again both Toei owns both properties anyway.

All i want for them is tobring back the Super Sentai style Precures like Yes Precure 5 and Smile Precure, but with more older cast like Fresh did.

Enemies like Phantom that shows no mercy to the Precures. a more darker tone, but has a lighter side like what Sailor Moon Crystal is doing.

In any case i doubt they'll cancel the franchise anytime soon. But we probably won't be hearing the next Precure crossover movie for awhile.

Speaking of crossovers i want my Precure X Sailor Moon movie!!!

Jul 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
is there some information with whom is this interview?

because it's kind of weird:
- TV ratings are around 5% which is rather normal here (I think since Suite)
- Aikatsu grew a lot but there is no devastating drop for Precure in terms of $
- since both Aikatsu and Precure are owned by Bandai I'm not sure if they are stupid enough to try direct confrontation here.

as for future:
I don't know... they should appeal more to people who give them money - little girls and their parents. Before I've dropped HCP felt like they are trying too hard to appeal to older fans (same as with Smile and I hated it there too). Good story, funny characters and not doing this "lets be dark" nonsense might work.
Aug 2, 2014 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
Give it a chance.

It get's better for sure!
Aug 3, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
PrinceHeir said:
Give it a chance.

It get's better for sure!
I've ended on episode 20 and now there is too much series to catch up with to go with this one (Aikatsu became good again, PriPara is enjoyable also rewatching Suite).
Hime is just too irritating, Megumi is fine but bland in the end.
Aug 9, 2014 3:29 AM

Sep 2008
I talk regularly with a PreCure/Aikatsu/PuriPara circle and from what I heard:

Last year, they said DokiDoki was bad, Aikatsu was damned good.
This year, I'm finding HapCha good, Aikatsu getting bad.

Hime is a brat with low base stats. For character development to occur throughout a season, they need a low base stat. It seems her brattishness is an acquired taste and I do have to agree Erika in HC was more varied and fun. I'm finding Hime is getting better by the week now - development.

Fortune x Hime, both getting development time simultaneously was the best so far. Early episode 20s.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Aug 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
I am finding this season one of the blander ones. I always kinda liked DokiDoki. Smile I liked A LOT until towards the end...

I liked Max Heart quite a bit too.

While Splash Star is not being as good seems still better than this. The only one I like from this mostly is Megumi. But I like pink haired characters so...

Though a Sailor Moon x Precure crossover would be interesting.

I always liked the New Stages. I am waiting on All Stars till I get to Yes5/Gogo.
RPGX_OmegaAug 12, 2014 1:31 PM
Aug 12, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2011
I found Aikatsu more bland compared to Precure, especially after the second season

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.