Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Jul 27, 2014 8:48 AM

Apr 2011
That princess can handle her own. Nice!
Jul 27, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
If we could have the princess & MC replace the princess & MC in Gundam Unicorn we will have the perfect mecha
Jul 27, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Wow this episode was really interesting! I like it when characters of an anime figure out the answer to a problem and follow a plan that succeeds! That aspect kind of reminds me of NGNL...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2014 4:03 PM
Sep 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the battle scene?
Jul 28, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone else bothered by Inaho's complete lack of emotion/expression? Like he has absolutely no reaction towards anything and his indifference isn't even coming off as cool -.-
Jul 28, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
mimi-dono said:
Anyone else bothered by Inaho's complete lack of emotion/expression? Like he has absolutely no reaction towards anything and his indifference isn't even coming off as cool -.-

Read through this thread and find out.
Jul 28, 2014 11:34 PM
Dec 2013
mimi-dono said:
He is fucking cool. 2cool.
Jul 29, 2014 1:39 AM

May 2012
00:51 dat expression

08:21 dat track

08:48 he's good

09:56 as if she'd understand that chikyuu term

10:46 really should do Inko before the mission, bro

12:21 heyy <3

17:15 your himesama's in it, mrn

19:02 dat awesomeness

8.5/10 for this episode.
Take that, those who've complaint about the MC.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 30, 2014 10:01 PM
Nov 2012
I really liked that there was actual tension in the episode unlike most shows. Since it wasn't your standard 'chosen one finds magical super powered mech' storyline there were actual stakes and it was plausible that they might actually fail.
Aug 1, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
Great, someone died this episode! A real bitch too!
Slaine best character.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 1, 2014 10:59 PM
Apr 2014
Duri1n said:
Pretty good episode. At least I enjoyed it much more than the last.

A couple things I didnt like...

Their friend just died... they dont seem particularly sad... I mean, besides that very last scene in episode 2, there was no sense of mourning... it's like the kids are emotionless... the only time they acknowledged his death was when they took their revenge... I just found it very odd. Couldnt they at least show some depression. Instead, they seemed to work methodically and totally logically throughout. This was the main hing that irked me -_-

I dont understand how those kids are so accurate with their bazooka rounds. Bloody hell, the freaking princess, who didnt seem to know a thig abt guns, could suddenly accuratel take down one observational device in one shot on a moving truck? Meh... I'd let the accrate shooting slide, but that pricess shot kinda deserved a facepalm... -_-...

How come they made Inaho the leader... it's like out of the blue, the kids, who r just civilians themselves, are gonna be the ones to give orders?? I'd get t if they were frm military schools, but they have the same education as everyone else. Well, they've had mecha training, i guess, but it feels weird that no adult other than Inaho's sister tried to take command. The way Inaho so nonchalantly talked like he was a seasoned soldier in the toilet with Yuki also irked me (btw, wtf, why show that scene in the toilet... -_-... haha...)

Those points aside, goos episode. I like how the kids coordinated the plan. Requires some suspension of disbelief that the kids could time thigs so perfectly (the plan wouldnt hae succeeded if the machine didnt work as Inaho had predicted, and if the kids werent such accurate shots themselves, and had Inaho aimed slightly off the mark in that knife attack, he'd be screwed)... at least Inaho seems a bt more human in this episode. Animation was pretty good in this episode. Quite enjoyed a lot of the scenes. The plot seems to be picking up and I have an idea of how things will build up.

I liked that scene with Slaine killing that Trillman fella. For a moment there, I thought he'd be one of those retards who just went alog wih t knowing the princess was alive n had some crazy psychological batrle within his mind or something... well.., wait, still too early to rule that out...

Guys, guys, guys. Remember these kids were militarily trained, and Inaho was said to have the highest grades in their class. Also, anyone would've come up with the same idea as Inaho, more or less, through observation. In addition don't doubt the power of kids; and for proof, read Ender's Game.
Aug 2, 2014 3:03 AM

Jan 2012
Loving this show. It could possibly go on my top animes ever list if the rest of the show is like this. I've always loved mech animes and I love even more underdogs/geniuses using smarts to defeat a powerful enemy. This one perfectly fits the bill.

I'm so excited to see the rest of the series. I got Code Geass and AoT vibes from the first few eps. Obviously they're not exactly the same but it has all the mystery, action, and thrills from those shows.

I loved the scene where "emotionless" Inaho says "this is for my friend." BLAM BLAM BLAM. Got goosebumps! I'm felt some character develop there.

Aug 3, 2014 4:52 AM
Aug 2014
Well some one may already hav asked this question but anyway:

IF the martian kataprat blocks all signals how is it getting video streaming? also since its a martian suit ( u know mars being a desert i.e. storms and bad weather making it impossible to see) why the f does it not have infra red technology or something in it. seriously smoke is making an advanced suit blind?! WTF tho it was a shocker Im just gonna let it slide. But still just curious.

Oh and Inaho and others are militarized students they were probably taught how to overcome emotion or after heavens fall billions of people died (r so i believe) so death is not that shocking to them. So to all emotional air holes who hate inaho f u! Just my personal opinion dont mean to offend anybody. I just hate boring cry baby MC's who get emmotional a lot so Inaho is like my savior atm lol

Lets all enjoy the show and have fun :)
Aug 3, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2013
Dat OST was Awesome. The last seconds 0.0
Aug 3, 2014 11:36 PM

Mar 2013
strategist26 said:
IF the martian kataprat blocks all signals how is it getting video streaming? also since its a martian suit ( u know mars being a desert i.e. storms and bad weather making it impossible to see) why the f does it not have infra red technology or something in it. seriously smoke is making an advanced suit blind?! WTF tho it was a shocker Im just gonna let it slide. But still just curious.

You noticed how there was a gap in the barrier that they shoved a knife through at the end of the episode? yea, that's how the camera signals get in.

And infrared wouldn't make a difference, today it's possible to make smoke that blocks infrared just as well as visible light.
Aug 5, 2014 8:44 AM
May 2012
YES!! YES!! Thank you Slain for taking out that piece of SHIT TRILLRAM!!!

MasterMeNL said:
Great, someone died this episode! A real bitch too!
Slaine best character.

A sick psychopathic asshole character ever.

So anyway am I the only person who've been passionate over this show till I've been overreacting about this all the time in every MAL discussion thread?

I can't believe NOBODY's with me on MAL from now because of my thoughts & reactions throughout the episode. Why don't you guys listen to me, for god sake. I'm just a guy who loves anime but gets over-emotional very easily sometimes.
JafriZinAug 5, 2014 7:19 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
I love how the music is executed awesome

Aug 10, 2014 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
Inaho's really something, great episode.
Aug 16, 2014 3:01 AM
Jul 2014
do we know anything about the about the people who tried to assassinate the princess? it seems like it was just to provoke the martians. im guessing someone just wanted war but for what reason? And whats the significance of the whole heavens fall thing. yeah the moon was blown up but why did the writers decide for that to happen. The main character is so emotionless that its unrealistic maybe he will have some traumatic back story to explain it. im also hoping for an uributchi twist. Overall im really enjoying the animation, pacing, and music.

Also im curious how people would react if this anime decided to pull an evangellion.
Aug 16, 2014 9:33 PM

Feb 2010
like, WHYYY are there so many stoic heros trending nowadays

This reminds me so much of when I was watching kakumeiki valvrave cause of the whole students fighting with the whole humanoid-shaped battle suit except for the fact that show I SWEAR was trolling everyone. Couldn't take the series seriously. Very amusing.

Some memorable quotes : YOLO, inspirational coffee and sugar speech, eruerufu

In this one I feel less like I'm being trolled but honestly questioning whether Inaho is even freaking human.

If he's a humanoid I wouldn't be surprised. I mean back in that scene where his friend let go of his hand and went poof...
his face didn't inch or change in the slightest which almost convinced me that the jerk let go LOL

Well, for one thing I'm glad there is NOT a MC who is freaking blowing his head off and doing the most idiotic things ever
...in which he somehow makes it alive and saves the day. I like cool and composed MCs but this guy I swear is .jpg all the time.

Literally a moving picture. Face always stays the same.
Give this poor young man some character development and emotions for gods sake
EarlCielAug 16, 2014 9:55 PM
Aug 18, 2014 7:57 AM
May 2012
Again,

Great, why isn't anyone like to reply my thoughts regarding my last post?!

I FEEL RELIEVE AFTER SLAIN KILLS TRILLRAM AT THE END!!

I'd say.... FUCK HIM AND HIS SCUMBAG ATTITUDE!!! WELL THEN, HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL WHILE HE'S AT IT.
Aug 18, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2013
MohdJeffreyZin said:
why isn't anyone like to reply my thoughts regarding my last post?!
Because most people just post and leave. No one will read the entire thread.
Aug 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Nov 2013
Anyone know what the song at 12:40 is called?
Aug 24, 2014 11:15 PM

May 2013
Botato said:
MohdJeffreyZin said:
why isn't anyone like to reply my thoughts regarding my last post?!

I try to read it, but my eyes hurt so I made myself a limit. I doubt you'll reply though.
Anyway...

So Saazbaum is the crazy traitor. Hopefully not all the Orbital Knights are evil.

Inaho, his plan, and the execution are simply amazing with the OST. Inaho's too freakin' clever.
Everyone just helped out in this plan. Calm, Inko, Yuki, Marito, and Rayet. Even Princess Asseylum helped by showing her true form.
Inaho avenged his friend!

But Slaine at the end was awesome. I'm so glad he got rid of Trillram.
He might be able to report it to Cruhteo, but I doubt Cruhteo will believe him.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 25, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
Fireego said:
Botato said:

I try to read it, but my eyes hurt so I made myself a limit.
Yeah exactly my point.

Fireego said:
I doubt you'll reply though.
:p
Aug 25, 2014 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
I'm still not fan of those CG battles, it feels lowframe and not smooth to me. And their try to be overly technical and descriptive when talking about tech is drawback for me, as I find this technobabble unnecessary (but I understand this can be considered fanservice for some people).

Music inside the ep was good but action itself felt unsatisfactory because Martian pilot was stupid and there was no clever action from him other than destroy, destroy, destroy.

As of how story was - everything went as expected, princess revealed, and general that was behind this was all obvious since ep1. If anything I found Slaine more interesting character than main hero is right now.
Aug 28, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, I dropped this anime after the first 2 awfully slow-paced episodes but I'm grateful I picked this up again. I'm starting to like the characters, especially Inko and Slaine. Inaho needs more emotions though.

I really can't get enough of Sawano.
Aug 28, 2014 8:13 AM
Jul 2014
ArufeimKirra said:
Wow, I dropped this anime after the first 2 awfully slow-paced episodes but I'm grateful I picked this up again. I'm starting to like the characters, especially Inko and Slaine. Inaho needs more emotions though.

I really can't get enough of Sawano.

Welcome again ^.^
Aug 28, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
Hmm still not sure what to make of this, while being a fun, enjoyable show it still has a number of issues and cliche's. Feels like a watered down, somewhat kiddy version of Gundam? That doesn't mean its bad or anything though.
Nice to see Slaine isn't a wimp as I expected though :D
AozureAug 28, 2014 10:43 AM
Aug 28, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2013
Botato said:
Fireego said:
I doubt you'll reply though.
:p

Damn.
At least MohdJeffreyZin didn't reply.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 9, 2014 4:42 PM
Jan 2014
Imagine flipping that Aldnoah upside down, hue.

Down down, down she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.
Sep 9, 2014 11:48 PM

Feb 2009
i almost fainted when Slaine offed the villain.

how many times i've wished for that scenario and almost never get it.

im completely shocked right now. that was the appropriate response. when i saw dude climb out of the water i lost all hope for a brief moment. they got me good.

i think the anime could have ended right there and been better than 99% of what i've seen so far.
Sep 17, 2014 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Putting aside the fact that young and beautiful is a must that is fashionable, yet, and vintage men that young people are not so smart to develop a strategy against the bad guys, the episode I liked it overall.
Plot develop a story that sees not far-fetched, some ideas are questionable, but others I like for their anime with no approval of the same type, such as the fact that the protagonist does not participate in the action right away and that uses a mecha identical to group.
Speaking of narration, manages to be engaging, despite the unexpected drop in the field of princess magic Asseylum! XD
Drawings and animations good. Character design that while not pleasing me, is well done and very sudden end.
I can not wait to see the next episode.
Sep 21, 2014 2:13 PM
Aug 2014
Loved this episode. Really excited to see how this plot further develops and how far, or up, the conspiracy goes. Didn't think I would like the characters at first because I agree with someone else's comments about the stoic-heroic which seems to be 'in fashion'. But, overall, Inaho is seeming to be a real bad ass, and who knew the kids were so much smarter than the adults? :P Seriously love Lt. Marito's drunken character and can't wait to more of him in action.

5/5
Sep 25, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
MAL is going to lose it's shit over this episode considering how edgy it is and depicts a genius protagonist owning the idiot enemy that the other idiot side couldn't even scratch while loud "epic" Sawano music plays in the background. It's literally everything modern anime fandom loves except just in a mecha package for a change.

I bet if everyone hated this show you will be praising the shit out of it. You are such a hipster.

Keten said:
Forgetfulness said:
Although I'm not a huge fan of "kids/teenagers doing everything", I thought this episode was really good. I appreciated how they thought everything through and their method of taking down a seemingly-invincible Martian was not complete bullshit

Although I do have to question, when they say that the barrier absorbs everything, then shouldn't that include light? How can they see it properly? lol

I wonder what the princess is up to. Can't wait for more episodes and hope it can stay as good as this episode was

Ya, I wasn't a fan of the way they worded that, it wasn't well done. They described it like it was some sort of black hole. You can't just turn off and on a power capable of absorbing light, that would cause the entire planet to go ballistic. Lol

Yeah if it can absorb light then it should look like a big massive dark shadow or something.
It doesn't exactly make sense.
Also what the fuck, where to everything it absorbs go? A barrier that absorbs things instead of deflecting them really makes no sense. So if that thing stayed in the ocean it would have absorbed the whole damn sea? And how exactly that shit would work? A black hole absorbs shits and throws them god knows where, also it throws lots of the shit it absorbs back in pieces etc. But what about this thing? A barrier that works like a black hole just doesn't make sense.
MonadSep 25, 2014 5:31 AM
Sep 29, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
dammit those over-the-top OSTs gave me adrenaline rush... so awesome. Great action scenes too and dat animation. I'm glad Slaine had the balls to kill that traitorous bastard.
Oct 9, 2014 10:00 AM

May 2014
I'm starting to like this :D

Inaho had a good plan ... though it was pathetic the army didn't realised how that robot was working but a kid.. Also Slaine isn't as lame as I initially though.
Oct 17, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2011
That monster called Trilliam (or however that name is spelled)... serves him right!

Thank you to both, Slaine, Inaho!
Oct 25, 2014 12:27 AM
May 2012
Heh, so Inaho is pretty smart, huh. At least, he had that going for him. It's pretty obvious that Nao likes him.
"I've taken an interest in you" Aw yis, baby!! That made my heart go doki doki <3 I like her voice.
Fucker is losin' his shit ahahaha. Serves him right at the end. Thanks, Slaine!! You are awesome, now.
I wonder how the adults felt when they saw that the teenagers managed to do what they couldn't do.
Them OSTs~ I find the opening and ending song really good, now~

*sigh* shit just went down here.
Nov 17, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode, Dat soundtrack as well though is brilliant. Nice to see that these enemies have weaknesses since the first 2 episodes made them look near invincible.
Nov 28, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2012
Ovious princess is obvious! Pretty nice episode though, his plan sure worked out flawlessly! Let's see what's next.
Dec 6, 2014 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
I was wondering how come that the princess looks completely different :) I liked these kids, they figured it out! P.S. I wonder what the "Terran" will do next...
Dec 16, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
Epic ost, Awesome episode. Nice plan Inaho ^^
Dec 20, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2007
For me was obvious that the princess wasn't death. I mean, in first episode the scenes and how the aparently diead were very suspicious. Now my question is: how did she avoided the missiles and survived?
Jan 7, 2015 10:07 PM
May 2012
M A G I C A L P R I N C E S S B O Y S
Jan 17, 2015 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
None of the characters are appealing and aside from the OST, I dont really like anything,
Jan 21, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2009
Inaho is a very good leader attacking the bridge instead of the mech itself. This is what mech battles are all about.

Princess is still alive. Looks like some of the martians wanted her to die to start a war with earth. Slaine finally growing a pair and killing that a hole in the pillbug mech.
Feb 12, 2015 12:43 PM
Mar 2014
Looks like Inaho would be a great leader, he got his revenge wich is nice.

The princess is actually badass.

Slain sees that the princess is still alive, i wonder if he will join her or not.
Feb 14, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
The seemingly invincible machine has its own weaknesses, nice.

I like how the princess is (kinda) badass~

Wow that last part though slaine, expecting you to be less of a dull and meek character now~ wonder if he'll join the princess
Mar 18, 2015 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
The ending though. Well done slaine that bastard could go to hell now.
?
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2014

433 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

533 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

470 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.