Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Aldnoah.Zero Episode 3 Discussion


Jul 19, 2014 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 739
So instead of falling into the cockpit of some super-prototype, Inaho used his brain, a rubber band and a paper clip. I hope this continues. This anime now shows a lot of promise

Also I've got an urge to read some good ol' Stainless Steel Rat cause I love those resourceful characters
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
Maybe we should put up a bet on who will survive @ the end of the season~
That really is all I care about this season.
Fck logic when watching anime, especially Urobutcher's o_O Will only give me a headache.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
That was super duper good and those kids are impressive but they aren't annoying and the adults don't seem stupid as of yet. They cleverly came up with a plan to find out the Mechs weakness and it was really well done. I like how everyone had a part in the plan and was useful. Really enjoying this anime and after this impressive episode it is definitely one of my favorites this year so far.
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
Baku219 said:
I'm not really impressed so far, maybe I had too high expectations. I hope they explain Inaho's lack of explicit emotions and how he is some genius kid. I understand that it was easy to put together but then why is this kid the only person to figure out the weakness? The princess being that girl was expected. I don't really care in particular for any of the characters or like any of them which is a big minus for me. The martians are also so cartoon (read: over the top) evil.


thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"
"....i am the villain in this story"
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 620
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I think the question you should be asking is how is he able to receive data from the flying cameras and communicate with Slaine if the barrier supposedly absorbs all radio waves.


Didn't they exploit that at the end? The place where the mc struck the big knife was the receiver of the cameras signal.
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 614
SagaraYuzuru said:

Hello again. I just feel like I have to stop you on that statment.

If you explained the science of our modern technolgies (Like computers) to a man of the industrial era that lived 200 years ago, do you think he would understand anything he was told? The science of the Aldnoah makes no sense to us, but any attempt to explain it would probably not fix that. Considering how far we have come in less than a hundred years, it's not suprising that technology can advance way beyond of what we understand.

Consider it as an acceptable break from reality. Any attempt to add realism to it would
most likely be tedious, difficult, or confusing for us.


I really cannot word my response correctly. I wrote it out 3 times and then erased it. xD

It more or less was condensed to.

- They can just pull stuff out of their asses to explain how they defeat anything in a battle now.

- It takes away from the strategy because they aren't using things we are familiar with, they are using things that were not established yet and the audience has no idea what it is and as such only comes off as smart because they mix it with real science that people can identify with, but if you actually start putting pieces together, it doesn't actually make much sense. A barrier that can absorb everything, including light? That would cause massive time and space distortion, it simply doesn't go with the laws of physics.

- When a sci-fi show breaks the laws of physics, that is going too far, because that is no longer science, it's magic. I can forgive it for that to an extent though.

Also, having the people figuring this stuff out and talking about be kids doesn't help at all. Why do these kids understand all these things and no one is surprised by it? Why are they just as smart as these people who seem to be trained professionals? It just makes no sense. As such, I know what to expect now.
Modified by Keten, Jul 19, 2014 1:01 PM
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 794
Duri1n said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:


I think the question you should be asking is how is he able to receive data from the flying cameras and communicate with Slaine if the barrier supposedly absorbs all radio waves.

I also wondered abt this, but then they explained in that knife scene. The only spot in Trillram's mecha which didnt absorb everything was left there so that he could reveive the signals from the flying cameras. That's what Inaho was bettig on when he made the plan.

As for Orange's question, yeah... just realised. Doesnt make sense for Trillram's mecha to be visible if it absorbs everything includig light. He'd be just a black mass. Also, good point. He could've just sent cameras. He had like a dozen with him. Surely he could've scouted the loacation. Maybe he was a bit afraid that by forcig his way trough the tunnel it would collapse, and the survivors migt somehow escape through the mess?
yeah, the reason why Inaho was able to stab him was because they had to make holes in the barrier to receive camera signals.

I've also wondered about how it was visible. I noticed that when he activates the barrier, the mech turns black for a few seconds, then forms color. I'm guessing that moment, it absorbed all the light refracting off of it, making it black, then the armour emits it's own light.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1131
So, people on other boards who are way better at science than me have already come up with several hypotheses as to how the mech could work (in regards to why it's not completely black, how it could communicate, etc).

Also, reminder:
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
The previous two episodes really didn't make this show seem like it wasn't bringing anything new and different.

Probably the best episode so far, and a good redeeming factor for the 'meh' start the show initially had (given the plot-holes and and unexplained phenomenon).
Slaine=best character in the show so far

*Changing the score from 7 to 8.
Modified by BakaWeebTrash, Jul 19, 2014 1:19 PM
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
amginex said:
Baku219 said:
I'm not really impressed so far, maybe I had too high expectations. I hope they explain Inaho's lack of explicit emotions and how he is some genius kid. I understand that it was easy to put together but then why is this kid the only person to figure out the weakness? The princess being that girl was expected. I don't really care in particular for any of the characters or like any of them which is a big minus for me. The martians are also so cartoon (read: over the top) evil.


thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"


Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol
 
Jul 19, 2014 12:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
The science isn't perfect behind it but it was still decent enough to not be stupid and was pretty good logic for an anime. And this stuff is Martian tech so who knows what can fully happen. Maybe the light barrier also acts as a camouflages since the wholes would be super easy to see if the rest was blocked or whatever.
It is alien technology and damn fiction so it I think it is easy to look past a few possible flaws in the logic.


And the Martians attacked like a day ago and the military isn't exactly on the offensive as of now because they know it is hopeless to just blindly launch. Sure if this was a year from now and a highschooler was the first to figure it out it could be silly but it has been a day or two. They clearly didnt' use this tech back on the moon because Humanity would have been aware of it.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
Kaioshin_Sama said:
amginex said:


thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"


Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol


hehe yea. to be an anime fan you really have to have an open mind. anime logic is way out there.
in this case, the MCs lack of expressing emotion can be a sign of real genius. Most genious people lacks empathy and sociopaths. but it is only the 3rd epi and I have not read the source material so they might explain later why hes like that.
most of the posts are about the realism of the mech barrier, but as someone mentioned, how about the princess' disguise? She just transformed like some magical girl.
"....i am the villain in this story"
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 539
MAKE SURE YOU WATCH PAST THE ED GUYS

o_O

That turned an alright episode into a very good episode. Still wish they would develop the characters more though; we learn more each episode, but I want more.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
Kaioshin_Sama said:
amginex said:


thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"


Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol


The Martians attacked a day ago and this is clearly the first time this tech has been used since they were shocked. And the military would already be in full retreat and busy doing rescue and not offense. The kids had a chance to figure this out because they were actually fighting. It is not like they have been fighting for a god damn year, it has only been 1-2 days and the military is not on the offense as of now because it backfired at first and they are more busy protecting the citizens when the kids did not really have that to worry about besides not running to the docks.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
ponygon123 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:


Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol


The Martians attacked a day ago and this is clearly the first time this tech has been used since they were shocked. And the military would already be in full retreat and busy doing rescue and not offense. The kids had a chance to figure this out because they were actually fighting. It is not like they have been fighting for a god damn year, it has only been 1-2 days and the military is not on the offense as of now because it backfired at first and they are more busy protecting the citizens when the kids did not really have that to worry about besides not running to the docks.


Well apparently with this shows logic a day or twos worth of encounters and hours of planning with civilians is more effective than the actual militaries 15 years worth.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ponygon123 said:


The Martians attacked a day ago and this is clearly the first time this tech has been used since they were shocked. And the military would already be in full retreat and busy doing rescue and not offense. The kids had a chance to figure this out because they were actually fighting. It is not like they have been fighting for a god damn year, it has only been 1-2 days and the military is not on the offense as of now because it backfired at first and they are more busy protecting the citizens when the kids did not really have that to worry about besides not running to the docks.


Well apparently with this shows logic a day or twos worth of encounters and hours of planning with civilians is more effective than the actual militaries 15 years worth.


They martians obviously did not use this tech in the first war or we would have lost the moon in an instant. This is new tech humanity has not faced so they could not have planned for it as humanity did not have knowledge of it. Is that really that hard to understand?
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 283
I have a feeling that any hopes of the Princess (or Slaine) finding support from Count Cruhteo may be quite short-lived. Saazbaum was already preparing a meteor bombardment from orbit, which was going to put the landing castle under a degree of risk; if he finds out that Triilram is dead and that the Princess is still alive, what is to stop him targeting Cruhteo's castle directly?

(At least seeing a castle be destroyed in such a fashion would show that they are not quite invulnerable.)


At this point, I wonder if, rather than coming to her aid directly, Cruhteo's death (should it happen) may end up being the trigger for a VERS civil war, especially if he is able to send out a communication to the other clans before the meteors hit. A split between loyalist and opportunist clans on a broader scale might have a longer-term impact, and would mean that the Princess herself (and probably Slaine, too) would be more or less obliged to stay with whoever survives the coming attack rather than link up with a loyalist VERS force any time soon.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 253
Forgetfulness said:
Although I'm not a huge fan of "kids/teenagers doing everything", I thought this episode was really good. I appreciated how they thought everything through and their method of taking down a seemingly-invincible Martian was actually legit

Although I do have to question, when they say that the barrier absorbs everything, then shouldn't that include light? How can they see it properly? lol

I wonder what the princess is up to. Can't wait for more episodes and hope it can stay as good as this episode was

Also, that end with Slaine. Amazing...



Like this



Also, people like want scientific explanations of a advanced tecnology never watched/read a sci fi or space opera before ? huh

Try to explain how a FTL engines on space opera works scientifically (not plausibility)
Modified by Jaogetsu, Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 61
That was amazing! Not only does it seem like with a little strategy the earthlings do have a chance, but now there's someone who knows the truth on the inside, AND they captured one of the Martian's mecha, so they can study it and gain a real fighting chance!
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
ponygon123 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:


Well apparently with this shows logic a day or twos worth of encounters and hours of planning with civilians is more effective than the actual militaries 15 years worth.


They martians obviously did not use this tech in the first war or we would have lost the moon in an instant. This is new tech humanity has not faced so they could not have planned for it as humanity did not have knowledge of it. Is that really that hard to understand?


nah, youre overreaching for an explanation.
its like a high schooler and someone who has 15 yrs experience in avionics seeing a UFO and suddenly the high schooler knows more about it or at least figured out everything first. it doesn't matter that its the same time their first time seeing it. the guy with experience should know more about it than the high schooler
"....i am the villain in this story"
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7281
My eyes and ears are content- it was too much of a stretch calling this OST terrible. Come on now...

But i'm not really impressed and i'm not seeing any appeal in Inaho right now.
The character that I will be on the lookout for is Slaine because the last few seconds or so were more exciting to me than almost the entire episode itself.
Not because "HE KILLED A GUY WHAT A BADASS!" but because his actions seem more reasonable than the kid who figured out the entire situation by spending a while looking at the data on his phone in the bathroom or whatever.

Anyway, glad Trillman is dead because his one-liners about pathetic rats and other eye-rolling, cheesy villain-type dialogue is not something I want to keep listening to.

Magical hime is magical huh?
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5253
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol


To be fair this is one mecha in a remote area that's being evacuated, I doubt anyone was trying to analyze it other than the high school guys since everyone else was dead or already left. As for how they managed to figure it out, well it's pure observation. Last episode I made a long post about the mecha in this and even in the other thread, we speculated that the feet were not shielded and that landmines would have been effective against it. We were right about this, I also assumed that the Aldnoah power had a timer (which turns out to be false, at least for now) but I did correctly deduce that the shield worked both ways and that's the reason he had no ranged weapons.

What bothers me is the design of the mecha, it seems.. so impractical. Firstly the feet are not shielded.. so what would happen if someone blew them up? He would fall and then not be able to get up and would have to turn off his shield. Secondly the way he spots is very impractical, what if his drones got shot down by anti-air forces? Now he's blind. What if the opponent is fast? Now he can't get them and the funniest one of all, what if they went into a tunnel? This mech seems way too impratical for me. I thought that it would have openings for the cameras all over the body, but I was wrong. Even if it used a mix of that + the aerial cameras, that would actually make sense but nah, they only use the aerial cameras.

TLDR: The mech is too impractical and it takes too much effort to make it even remotely effective.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
parfaited said:
The character that I will be on the lookout for is Slaine because the last few seconds or so were more exciting to me than almost the entire episode itself.
Not because "HE KILLED A GUY WHAT A BADASS!" but because his actions seem more reasonable than the kid who figured out the entire situation by spending a while looking at the data on his phone in the bathroom or whatever.


^ I would upvote or plus or thumbs up if I could.
"....i am the villain in this story"
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Seems like a fine show in almost every way but I've already developed deep hatred towards Inaho as a main character. What an emotionless Mary Sue. Unbelievable.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2839
wow what an episode! absolutely loving the soundtrack in this one;)

5/5

@pakoko

i also thought the explanation how it recieved the camera signal was good enough to not make me think about it any further.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2495
Good job in scene after ED there, Slaine.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 253
amginex said:
ponygon123 said:


They martians obviously did not use this tech in the first war or we would have lost the moon in an instant. This is new tech humanity has not faced so they could not have planned for it as humanity did not have knowledge of it. Is that really that hard to understand?


nah, youre overreaching for an explanation.
its like a high schooler and someone who has 15 yrs experience in avionics seeing a UFO and suddenly the high schooler knows more about it or at least figured out everything first. it doesn't matter that its the same time their first time seeing it. the guy with experience should know more about it than the high schooler


What, so being a high schooler is a handcap to someone do a reasonable plan ?
Even if they're the FIRST fighting that Martian mecha that survived ?
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 788
Score +2 up to 10/10. Fucking masterpiece of an episode. I know people would say it was a cliche that the kids managed that, but the way they did it was amazing and not anywhere near what I would call an asspull. Great stuff. Also that ending. No Gargantia shit this time, eh?

Also, Calm survived and he was relevant, WTF? Impressive, I would have sworn he was dead this episode. Even if he dies later on, I appreciate how non-cliche this was.
Modified by AlexGK, Jul 19, 2014 1:27 PM
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 110
DAT OST. Holy shit.

Awesome episode, and the part after the ending...
(•_•) well, I guess you could say that Trillram
( •_•)>⌐■-■ got SLAIN
(⌐■_■) YYYEAAAHHH!
Modified by uBlinked, Jul 19, 2014 1:51 PM
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 614
parfaited said:
My eyes and ears are content- it was too much of a stretch calling this OST terrible. Come on now...

But i'm not really impressed and i'm not seeing any appeal in Inaho right now.
The character that I will be on the lookout for is Slaine because the last few seconds or so were more exciting to me than almost the entire episode itself.
Not because "HE KILLED A GUY WHAT A BADASS!" but because his actions seem more reasonable than the kid who figured out the entire situation by spending a while looking at the data on his phone in the bathroom or whatever.

Anyway, glad Trillman is dead because his one-liners about pathetic rats and other eye-rolling, cheesy villain-type dialogue is not something I want to keep listening to.

Magical hime is magical huh?


I agree with you about liking Slaine. He is actually far more engaging than any other character right now. He has a far more realistic reaction to the current events and when he shoots someone, he feels the weight of it, he realizes what he has done and is scared because of it. It doesn't make him a pussy, it makes him realistic. However, that would work a lot better if the person he killed wasn't just some Super-Nazi who made you go, "Good" when he died instead of the more realistic, "Wow that is awful but it had to be done."
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 253
Forgetfulness said:
JoaoZangetsu said:



Like this
I'm pretty sure that's what it would look like, but that's not what we saw for most of the screentime


Yeah, but it shows that absorbs light, when he changes to that barrier mode, the image of the mecha came after he is black, so there is a kind of technology that maintain his image even with the barrier.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5253
Overall I thought this episode was ok, I hope that some infighting happens between the Knights of Sidonia (it's already setup this way). Also Slaine has seen the princess so I want to see if he communicates this to Cruhteo and there's a civil war between the loyalists and separatists.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
skudoops said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol


To be fair this is one mecha in a remote area that's being evacuated, I doubt anyone was trying to analyze it other than the high school guys since everyone else was dead or already left. As for how they managed to figure it out, well it's pure observation. Last episode I made a long post about the mecha in this and even in the other thread, we speculated that the feet were not shielded and that landmines would have been effective against it. We were right about this, I also assumed that the Aldnoah power had a timer (which turns out to be false, at least for now) but I did correctly deduce that the shield worked both ways and that's the reason he had no ranged weapons.

What bothers me is the design of the mecha, it seems.. so impractical. Firstly the feet are not shielded.. so what would happen if someone blew them up? He would fall and then not be able to get up and would have to turn off his shield. Secondly the way he spots is very impractical, what if his drones got shot down by anti-air forces? Now he's blind. What if the opponent is fast? Now he can't get them and the funniest one of all, what if they went into a tunnel? This mech seems way too impratical for me. I thought that it would have openings for the cameras all over the body, but I was wrong. Even if it used a mix of that + the aerial cameras, that would actually make sense but nah, they only use the aerial cameras.

TLDR: The mech is too impractical and it takes too much effort to make it even remotely effective.


The clincher for me is the complete lack of any ranged weaponry which could cover for the ridiculous shortcomings of the force field. Something....anything really. Even if there's some contrivance like it not being able to shoot through the force field it could still just flip it off and plink away. Then again this Trillram guy was pretty damn stupid so perhaps not.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
JoaoZangetsu said:
amginex said:


nah, youre overreaching for an explanation.
its like a high schooler and someone who has 15 yrs experience in avionics seeing a UFO and suddenly the high schooler knows more about it or at least figured out everything first. it doesn't matter that its the same time their first time seeing it. the guy with experience should know more about it than the high schooler


What, so being a high schooler is a handcap to someone do a reasonable plan ?
Even if they're the FIRST fighting that Martian mecha that survived ?


what youre giving handicap to is someone who has more experience.
I don't remember the second episode much, lackluster and typical. but didn't they have that army guy or whatever he is who keeps blabbering on about how much he knows about the martian tech from his experience fighting them 15 yrs ago? so how does this high schooler figure it out if this other guy has been obsessed with them for the last 15 yrs?
anyway, like I said, I don't remember too much of the details from epi1 and 2, this series wasn't interesting until this epi so my questions are genuine (not trying to be a dick).
I also mentioned earlier, that maybe they'll explain how smart this high schooler is.
"....i am the villain in this story"
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 20
I just felt like giving my opinion about the high schoolers on this topic since there is so much discussion about them here. English isnt my native language so please be gentle with me when it comes to grammar accidents.

1.) It should be clear for everyone who watched this show from EP 1 until now, that these high schoolers were trained in military warfare as well as regular school stuff which isnt suprising if you have to worry about the outbreak of a war permanently in your life.

2.) It's also rather logical to assume that the technology of the people from mars has advanced way faster than the one of the earthlings if you consider that the emperor of the mars is a former scientist whom will know the importance of technological advancement in many ways. (military included)

This leads to 3.) The reason the adults haven't already figured out the weakspots of the mars mechas is, that they didn't had knowledge of the existence of these type of mechs before their actual appeareance and since all they were worried about was how to evacuate and regroup rather than picking a fight with mechs who seem to be superior (On the first look!), its only logical to assume those highschoolers would figure something out first because they HAD to fight this mech in order to survive.

Also a little sidenote: I think you can't really call this prick piloting the martian mech a "military specialist" or anything like that, since he never calculated the possibility of a actual thread to him into any of his thoughts making him really vulnerable. This kind of thinking isnt something a tactical or military well trained soldier would do, since it will most likely be your downfall. The only reason the earthlings are able to survive at the moment is the pure arrogance of the martians and I personally wouldnt wonder if this is the cause of a eventual lose from the martians in the battle of earth itself.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 753
Good episode. The OSTs were amazing and just downright catchy this episode. Really enjoying this thus far. The ending was also quite interesting after the credits. I am looking forward to this anime every week for sure.

 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Fantastic episode. I wonder what Slain will do now.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 117
Inaho is awesome, he just doesn't panic at all


 
Jul 19, 2014 1:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 159
Freakin' awesome, this is definitely a turning point for the show to make it even MORE intense.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 115
Wow, this episode had an unexpected development, at least to me, good to see that Inaho is not a naive idiot MC, the OST is still great.

The scene at the end confused me, I thought Slaine was a bodyguard of the Princess, but by his shaking at the end show me that he isn't a soldier, in the last episode he had already shown his was "weakness", but I thought he just didn't want to kill humans.
 
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 887
Pretty exciting episode. Nice action. Ost is great. Well, waiting for the next episode.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 253
amginex said:
JoaoZangetsu said:


What, so being a high schooler is a handcap to someone do a reasonable plan ?
Even if they're the FIRST fighting that Martian mecha that survived ?


what youre giving handicap to is someone who has more experience.
I don't remember the second episode much, lackluster and typical. but didn't they have that army guy or whatever he is who keeps blabbering on about how much he knows about the martian tech from his experience fighting them 15 yrs ago? so how does this high schooler figure it out if this other guy has been obsessed with them for the last 15 yrs?
anyway, like I said, I don't remember too much of the details from epi1 and 2, this series wasn't interesting until this epi so my questions are genuine (not trying to be a dick).
I also mentioned earlier, that maybe they'll explain how smart this high schooler is.


The one who was owned in his first try and tryed to rescue then instead of trying to fighting it ? do you really think he has the same decision, and therefore the same atitude as the MC to be a reasonable comparison ? i think not.

also, talking that a "high schooler can't do this, only a expert can do" is a type of argumentum ad verecundiam, therefore is invalid.
Modified by Tyrel, Jul 19, 2014 11:36 PM
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1833
Wow... the princess is alive... what a shocker....
Life has meaning.
 
Jul 19, 2014 1:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5253
Kaioshin_Sama said:

The clincher for me is the complete lack of any ranged weaponry which could cover for the ridiculous shortcomings of the force field. Something....anything really. Even if there's some contrivance like it not being able to shoot through the force field it could still just flip it off and plink away. Then again this Trillram guy was pretty damn stupid so perhaps not.


Exactly, with it being so slow why would he rely on melee combat? I thought the same as you, why wouldn't he just carry a weapon, turn off the field and use it if he had to? Which circles right back to my initial point, the mech is 100% impractical at least as an offensive unit. no military in the world would green light this.
 
Jul 19, 2014 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1432
This was the episode I was waiting for; can finally like both main characters
 
Jul 19, 2014 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 450
Nice episode overall. Inaho is quite the strategist was expecting that though. The Princess is quite interesting. Dat ending.... bam bam dead haha. Looks like the blonde guy will be on Earth side probably. Am I the only one who thinks that the mechas are like playmobil? Also I'm so in love with this opening. Truth is I like kalafina a lot but this song is superb.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
 
Jul 19, 2014 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2888
Dam this episode felt like it was 10 mins long
PIMP mech down get REKT
dam good episode
Love the soundtrack for this anime
[/quote]
 
Jul 19, 2014 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 629
Awesome episode! The strategy they used to take down that guy was pretty clever. The scene after the ending was a bit surprising.
 
Jul 19, 2014 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20062
I think I came more than a little while watching that episode.
 
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store