Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2014 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
Kolios said:
Most of the so called "plotholes" have already been debunked in the reddit anime sub.

Humanoid Mechs are not practical? False: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj26vmr

Martians shouldn't have weaknesses? False: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj20a8p

Mech should be all black if it doesn't reflect light? : http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj22pjw

Debunked? Have you actually read them or just looked at the upvotes and post length?
I find none of his points compelling, they debunk nothing. Very shallow stuff.
Jul 20, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Debunked? Have you actually read them or just looked at the upvotes and post length?

Have you read them? You didn't specifically reference anything written in there, you just dismissed the entire thing with some handwaving.

Although yes, debunking isn't really the right word to use here.
Jul 20, 2014 4:27 PM
Apr 2010
I like this anime.
I didn't want to but... DAMN IT ITS GOOD!
Jul 20, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:

They don't see it as a risk. Earth as far as they are concerned is infested by rabid monkeys that are so behind their technology it's laughable.

You're arguing for the guy you're supposedly arguing against. If the Martians do see earthlings as flithy rats, they would be taking care of business with maximal distance as possible.

retepeters said:

yea. but that's my point, everything gets consumed, the robot would be black (except for the weak part), and it would create a "black hole effect", in which it would suck everything around it, because of vacuum

The martian mech is black when it initializes the shield. After a few seconds, enough matter is absorbed to generate light. Hence, you can see the mech and weird colors. The barrier absorbs only one way.

Black holes don't behave the same way. Black holes have a far stronger gravitational attraction than the mech. And that's because they are far heavier. So the martian mech doesn't have to absorb everything. Further, it only absorbs when things come into CONTACT with the mech. The mech applies a negligible gravitational force. It's a barrier that works one way(doesn't absorb things behind it).

EDIT: Replaced ineligible with negligible
CyberNTJul 20, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 20, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
Chabe said:

Elaborate or don't bother replying.
Jul 20, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
Yea, shoot to kill.

So the princess can transform her looks huh...

Decent episode. But they need to amp it up or this anime will forever be just average.
Jul 20, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2008
Kolios said:
Darklight0303 said:

They don't see it as a risk. Earth as far as they are concerned is infested by rabid monkeys that are so behind their technology it's laughable.

You're arguing for the guy you're supposedly arguing against. If the Martians do see earthlings as flithy rats, they would be taking care of business with maximal distance as possible.

Not so. Do people in real life just go around with magnifying glasses to burn every single ant in an ant hill? No. You step and crushes that simply by walking over it.
Jul 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Not so. Do people in real life just go around with magnifying glasses to burn every single ant in an ant hill? No. You step and crushes that simply by walking over it.

Bad comparison. A parallel would be maggots or some revolting creature. Martians feel disgusted being near Earthlings. People in real life don't usually feel revolted by ants.

And in the case of revolting creatures, people will take care of them as far as possible. If people don't have some bug killer tool, they'll put on some gloves and scrub.
Jul 20, 2014 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
Kolios said:
Darklight0303 said:

Bad comparison. A parallel would be maggots or some revolting creature. Martians feel disgusted being near Earthlings. People in real life don't usually feel revolted by ants.

And in the case of revolting creatures, people will take care of them as far as possible. If people don't have some bug killer tool, they'll put on some gloves and scrub.
Martians love to feed their ego and superiority by crushing earthlings from up close.
Jul 20, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
Botato said:
Martians love to feed their ego and superiority by crushing earthlings from up close.

Maybe so. But would that apply to most? I could see the "knights"(or whatever they're called) like to do it up close but they're not deciding strategical matters.
Jul 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
Chabe said:

Have you read them? You didn't specifically reference anything written in there, you just dismissed the entire thing with some handwaving.

Can't be arsed doing a point-by-point debunking of a 'debunking' from another forum, I have better things to do, but here's a few for you.
If you say that the barrier emits and absorbs light then even light 'escaping' it would be absorbed right back in. At best the inside of the barrier would glow but those outside wouldn't see it.
The camera stuff doesn't explain why they'd use such an easily counter-able technology, especially when he comments on the cost of such a mech. Surely you'd want to maintain your investment to the best of your ability?
'Weapon versatility' is not a good reason for wasting money on mechs and also doesn't address the fact that you'd have to carry multiple extra weapons for it to matter. Cranes & forklifts do a cheaper and better job of moving things around than mechs would.
Jul 20, 2014 4:45 PM
Oct 2010
Firstly martians don't view earthlings as disgusting or nasty, they view them as inferior, which is completely different.

Secondly, no one plays the scorched earth game because there's nothing to get out of it. Even in the previous eps the martians heavily hinted they wanted to take over earth for a while, infact they were even planning it, "Operation Earthfall" was the name of that plan.
Jul 20, 2014 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
Kolios said:
Botato said:

Maybe so. But would that apply to most? I could see the "knights"(or whatever they're called) like to do it up close but they're not deciding strategical matters.
Considering the princess' loli servant was racist/whatever towards terrans/earthlings it leads me to believe that the majority of martians feel that way. So far only the princess from that side wants to be friends with terrans and Slaine is a terran anyway so he doesn't count.
Jul 20, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2011
Some nice usage of science and logic there; any barrier that stops any matter or energy from crossing it would render the pilot blind, and for them to get a signal from remotes they would have to have a hole in the barrier to receive information. We were right about the bottoms of the feet being one such weak point, but rather than rig up some explosive caltrops they submerged it and attacked the one spot that the water wasn't instantly being disintegrated.

Slaine's gonna end up joining the Terrans now, I guess. Or maybe his sense of honor will drive him to do something really stupid and try to tell the bad guys that the princess is still alive and it was a conspiracy to try and kill her.
Jul 20, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
fst said:

Can't be arsed doing a point-by-point debunking of a 'debunking' from another forum, I have better things to do, but here's a few for you.
If you say that the barrier emits and absorbs light then even light 'escaping' it would be absorbed right back in. At best the inside of the barrier would glow but those outside wouldn't see it.
The camera stuff doesn't explain why they'd use such an easily counter-able technology, especially when he comments on the cost of such a mech. Surely you'd want to maintain your investment to the best of your ability?
'Weapon versatility' is not a good reason for wasting money on mechs and also doesn't address the fact that you'd have to carry multiple extra weapons for it to matter. Cranes & forklifts do a cheaper and better job of moving things around than mechs would.

Holy shit, we agree on something.
Jul 20, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
anyone know if the vers mechs have toilets? because trillram was in that mech for a while. unless the martians don't pee....
Jul 20, 2014 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
orchidork said:
anyone know if the vers mechs have toilets? because trillram was in that mech for a while. unless the martians don't pee....
PLOTHOLE! SHIT WRITING, dropped

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
Holy shit, we agree on something.

It was bound to happen eventually.
Jul 20, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Nice episode, although I think they put in the music a bit far-fetched.
Jul 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2007
Kolios said:
Most of the so called "plotholes" have already been debunked in the reddit anime sub.

Humanoid Mechs are not practical? False: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj26vmr

Martians shouldn't have weaknesses? False: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj20a8p

Mech should be all black if it doesn't reflect light? : http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2b55hy/spoilers_aldnoahzero_episode_3_discussion/cj22pjw

I've argued on 4chan a lot about this and it's the same arguments people who think they're "smart" make. This show does have weaknesses but they're found in pretty much all anime. This is why I'll always like sci fi more. The audience it attracts are usually more science savy and so I won't have to read poor attempts at finding plot whole and technological inconsistencies...

Where are all these massively organized defenses for other mecha anime that get nitpicked to death. Usually people just keep piling on. I guess its because it has Urobuchis name on the product. Nothing else makes sense.
Jul 20, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure if anyone has seen this:
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 20, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
1) They are not gonna use earthling buildings anyway if they win the war.
2) They fall on civ residence area instead of factory areas.

They are showing off their power for ez fight and they are confident. Nothing is wrong here.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode. Dat princess just went total Mahou Shoujo there :D.
Jul 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2013
Actually I wonder how no one complains about Magical Princess in this thread. It's material-creating super tech, which is on the same level of the invincible barrier.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 20, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
I think by far this anime is awesome
1. Nao doesn't hesitate to kill ,destroy stuff,great planner,isn't a douche bag like
Haruto from Kakumeiki
2. The princess did not hesitate to shoot a gun ,shot really good ,not misses goody goody
3. Found out who was the person who tried to kill the princess
4. Slane killed the one who tried to kill the princess ,woah what a shoot out go Slane!!
The OST is great
Jul 20, 2014 6:23 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Where are all these massively organized defenses for other mecha anime that get nitpicked to death. Usually people just keep piling on. I guess its because it has Urobuchis name on the product. Nothing else makes sense.

Analysis text below, will put in spoiler so that those who want to ignore it can. This is my analysis on the show as of yet in terms of plot holes, inconsistencies and science mumbo jumbo.

KetenJul 20, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 20, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2012
Best Episode so far :D

the briefing is informatic

the fight with strategic is cool

the music is great as always

Princess show his true form and Twist in the end :o

this Anime so promising, can't wait for next :D

Jul 20, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Botato said:
You want them to bombard then land correct? Well then, if they land without bombarding it's the same fucking thing because in both cases the area where the landing happens is cleared out.

And what risk? Please did you see the difference in power and how much shit they had to go through just to take down one unit?

One LONE unit. You can bet that if that guy had had a few martian cataphract friends things would have gone way differently

Here's the problem: Botato was initially making the argument that the Martians deployed a logically sound and effective Military strategy by simply making landfall (albeit a destructive one) before bombarding the planet to "soften" the defences. This is obviously not true, as history has shown that procedure for establishing a beachhead is to bombard using artillery and air strikes, and then send in the land-based shock troops. There's no arguing that. Botato is just plain wrong, and no amount of him grasping at straws is going to change that.

And, Kolios, if the Martians had been using their brains, you bet they'd have had some back up for that lone unit.

Now, if he had argued that Martian arrogance and the perceived technology gap was what lead them to invade the way that they did, then he would have a valid argument, as this is a very likely scenario. (This should have been his argument from the very beginning.)
Jul 20, 2014 7:23 PM

Feb 2011
This episode is feel alright to me. Now that Princess Asseylum has revealed herself, i wonder will they continue on attacking Earth? And as always Sawano music are awesome! I found myself loving the ED music as well!
Jul 20, 2014 7:47 PM

Oct 2006
JizzyHitler said:
orchidork said:

Literally shit writing
Jul 20, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
niwasatou said:
JizzyHitler said:

Literally shit writing
I'm surprised this took 2 hours for someone to make that pun.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
niwasatou said:

Literally shit writing
I'm surprised this took 2 hours for someone to make that pun.

Guess you could say that pun was rather... Constipated.
Jul 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Dec 2013
Is it just me, or was it a bit confusin when inaho knew exactly what he was doing inside the mecha thing, or was i supposed to know that. I hope he doesn't become a overpowered stoic character, it will be truly boring.

Overall, I'm still not too sure as to what's so good about this series yet, hopefully they'll fill out the blanks soon.
Jul 20, 2014 8:12 PM
May 2013
jdbe said:
Is it just me, or was it a bit confusin when inaho knew exactly what he was doing inside the mecha thing, or was i supposed to know that. I hope he doesn't become a overpowered stoic character, it will be truly boring.

Overall, I'm still not too sure as to what's so good about this series yet, hopefully they'll fill out the blanks soon.

Their school has mech training, as shown in episode 1. Inko and Calm also show the ability to pilot mechs. Inko also seems like a pretty good shot, which shows their training.
Jul 20, 2014 10:22 PM
Nov 2011
Well, that was a much more enjoyable episode.

I’m glad that the conflict with the Martian Kataphrakt was not resolved by Inaho conveniently discovering an OP Mech, as that kind of lazy resolution would not have allowed the Terrans' display of ingenuity. By showing how Inaho and his band use primitive yet effective methods to take down the supposedly invincible Martian monstrosity, it allows me to sympathize with them and their struggle. While I still question how a ragtag group of high school students are able to plan and execute what they did better than all of the military personnel that we have seen, the excellent execution of their strategy in this episode is entertaining enough for me to not let the more questionable aspects of the writing interfere with my enjoyment of the episode.

Speaking of the execution, I was a bit disappointed after watching the previous two episodes due to the amount of info-dumping that was thrown in awkwardly. I know that Urobuchi has the tendency to cram exposition in his series, but it was still jarring to essentially be told the entire backstory through strange and unengaging means. The bus scene in the first episode comes to mind, where characters straight-up recited material that they probably considered common knowledge.

Thankfully, with the exposition out of the way, the third episode focuses on showing us exactly what Inaho and his buddies can do, giving insight to the characters naturally. This showing comes in the form of the planning and execution of the attack, which I felt was done quite well.

I’m still not quite sold on the really emotionless Inaho as a character, as he just seems too perfect to me, and with much of his background still a mystery, I can’t really find any reason to sympathize with him, or really feel anything for his character.

My favorite scene of the episode was the after-ED scene, where Slaine kills Trillram. Although Inaho was the star of the episode, I feel that this one scene gave Slaine more character development than what Inaho received during the entire episode. Slaine, having previously been loyal to a fault, decides that his allegiance lies with his Princess, and not those that are supposed to be his commanders. He also shows us this shift in an extremely dramatic manner by executing his superior. This speaks volumes about his relationship with the Princess and the Vers Empire as a whole, and also shows that Slaine is more than just a mindless Vers grunt. One key quality that really made that scene stand out for me was its OST, or rather lack thereof. By having no music distracting me from the scene, and focusing squarely on the actions of Slaine, it really increased the impact of the sudden turn in events. Hopefully Slaine will get more attention in the next few episodes, as I feel he has the potential to be turn out to be an interesting character.
Jul 20, 2014 10:42 PM

Oct 2007
micbri said:

I’m glad that the conflict with the Martian Kataphrakt was not resolved by Inaho conveniently discovering an OP Mech, as that kind of lazy resolution would not have allowed the Terrans' display of ingenuity. By showing how Inaho and his band use primitive yet effective methods to take down the supposedly invincible Martian monstrosity, it allows me to sympathize with them and their struggle. While I still question how a ragtag group of high school students are able to plan and execute what they did better than all of the military personnel that we have seen, the excellent execution of their strategy in this episode is entertaining enough for me to not let the more questionable aspects of the writing interfere with my enjoyment of the episode.

Speaking of the execution, I was a bit disappointed after watching the previous two episodes due to the amount of info-dumping that was thrown in awkwardly. I know that Urobuchi has the tendency to cram exposition in his series, but it was still jarring to essentially be told the entire backstory through strange and unengaging means. The bus scene in the first episode comes to mind, where characters straight-up recited material that they probably considered common knowledge.

Thankfully, with the exposition out of the way, the third episode focuses on showing us exactly what Inaho and his buddies can do, giving insight to the characters naturally. This showing comes in the form of the planning and execution of the attack, which I felt was done quite well.

I’m still not quite sold on the really emotionless Inaho as a character, as he just seems too perfect to me, and with much of his background still a mystery, I can’t really find any reason to sympathize with him, or really feel anything for his character.

My favorite scene of the episode was the after-ED scene, where Slaine kills Trillram. Although Inaho was the star of the episode, I feel that this one scene gave Slaine more character development than what Inaho received during the entire episode. Slaine, having previously been loyal to a fault, decides that his allegiance lies with his Princess, and not those that are supposed to be his commanders. He also shows us this shift in an extremely dramatic manner by executing his superior. This speaks volumes about his relationship with the Princess and the Vers Empire as a whole, and also shows that Slaine is more than just a mindless Vers grunt. One key quality that really made that scene stand out for me was its OST, or rather lack thereof. By having no music distracting me from the scene, and focusing squarely on the actions of Slaine, it really increased the impact of the sudden turn in events. Hopefully Slaine will get more attention in the next few episodes, as I feel he has the potential to be turn out to be an interesting character.

To me Slaine has been by far the best, most developed, and most easy to get behind character in this whole show far by a significant margin. He's managed to have more development in his first scene than any other character in the show has so far in an entire three episodes. In just one scene we learn he's an Earthling that was rescued be the Princesses family, is looking forward to returning to the place of his birth with the Princess who he highly respects and values, is oppressed by the Martians for being not of Martian birth and has very little in the way of rights or fair treatment in his position and has something resembling a clearly moral compass and sense of purpose. He's been the most consistent in how he's been portrayed and the degree of plausibility and meaning behind his actions and reactions from episode to episode and feels the most human of anyone in the show being neither a snivelling super-villain or a seemingly bored oddly attractive and unblemished teenager in the middle of a war zone. I've found the parts of the show I've enjoyed the most by far to be the ones that focused on him in spite of the fact that he spends a large amount of time with the clown shoes Trillram who is this shows worst character by far to the point where unlike a lot of people I really can't say I felt any satisfaction in seeing him get shot down.

Sadly he's still the only character I can really say I like to any degree and I'm kind of pinning my hopes for this shows cast entirely on him at the moment going forward.

Also what you say is true thinking back on it, somehow that climactic post credit scene was able to get put to air without any sort of loud blaring in your face vocal track playing during it. I can only chalk that up to it being a post credits scene and not part of the actual show so the idea of setting any of the in show BGM may have slipped the producers mind to some added benefit of the scene. At this rate all I can ask out of any action scene in this show is that not every single one have some sort of accompanying vocal track to it as a "scene enhancer". I think the thing this show needs more of to really start engaging me more beyond "that was kind of cool to look at" and "we've reached this climactic part in the arc" is to start allowing it to speak for itself without the need for loud music to sell a scene, being reminded via twitter blurbs that get reposted on forums that I'm about to watch a pivotal episode or having the characters telling me what's happening or about to happen and why it's cool, bad, dangerous, whatever. If ever there was a show in desperate need of more showing, less telling and less hand holding and telling me when I'm supposed to be getting excited by the staff it's Aldnoah.Zero.
PeacingOutJul 20, 2014 10:51 PM
Jul 20, 2014 11:04 PM

Mar 2013
Ok, so they give this big explanation about how the giant purple mecha can't see and how it blocks out everything.... and then they say it uses satelites or whatever to see things.

Umm hello... you just said it absorbs everything so how the fuck is it receiving data from the satelites? Fucking fail.

EDIT: lol nvm finished watching the EP
DerpHoleJul 20, 2014 11:07 PM
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 20, 2014 11:07 PM

Mar 2011
DerpHole said:
Ok, so they give this big explanation about how the giant purple mecha can't see and how it blocks out everything.... and then they say it uses satelites or whatever to see things.

Umm hello... you just said it absorbs everything so how the fuck is it receiving data from the satelites? Fucking fail.

Lol? Did you totally not pay attention at the very end of the episode?
Jul 20, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
DerpHole said:
EDIT: lol nvm finished watching the EP

Yeah, you should have done that first lol
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 20, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
micbri said:

To me Slaine has been by far the best, most developed, and most easy to get behind character in this whole show far by a significant margin. He's managed to have more development in his first scene than any other character in the show has so far in an entire three episodes. In just one scene we learn he's an Earthling that was rescued be the Princesses family, is looking forward to returning to the place of his birth with the Princess who he highly respects and values, is oppressed by the Martians for being not of Martian birth and has very little in the way of rights or fair treatment in his position and has something resembling a clearly moral compass and sense of purpose. He's been the most consistent in how he's been portrayed and the degree of plausibility and meaning behind his actions and reactions from episode to episode and feels the most human of anyone in the show being neither a snivelling super-villain or a seemingly bored oddly attractive and unblemished teenager in the middle of a war zone. I've found the parts of the show I've enjoyed the most by far to be the ones that focused on him in spite of the fact that he spends a large amount of time with the clown shoes Trillram who is this shows worst character by far to the point where unlike a lot of people I really can't say I felt any satisfaction in seeing him get shot down.

Sadly he's still the only character I can really say I like to any degree and I'm kind of pinning my hopes for this shows cast entirely on him at the moment going forward.

Also what you say is true thinking back on it, somehow that climactic post credit scene was able to get put to air without any sort of loud blaring in your face vocal track playing during it. I can only chalk that up to it being a post credits scene and not part of the actual show so the idea of setting any of the in show BGM may have slipped the producers mind to some added benefit of the scene. At this rate all I can ask out of any action scene in this show is that not every single one have some sort of accompanying vocal track to it as a "scene enhancer". I think the thing this show needs more of to really start engaging me more beyond "that was kind of cool to look at" and "we've reached this climactic part in the arc" is to start allowing it to speak for itself without the need for loud music to sell a scene, being reminded via twitter blurbs that get reposted on forums that I'm about to watch a pivotal episode or having the characters telling me what's happening or about to happen and why it's cool, bad, dangerous, whatever. If ever there was a show in desperate need of more showing, less telling and less hand holding and telling me when I'm supposed to be getting excited by the staff it's Aldnoah.Zero.

I agree with all of this on many levels, although I must say that I was happy when Trillram got killed off, since it meant I'd never have to deal with his boring 1-dimensional ass again.

That aside, I think the other characters worth mentioning are the drunk Lieutenant, and pretty much all the other females associated with the main core group -- it's kind of nice to see a princess not playing the "damsel in distress" or the other females in the "Look at me, I'm designed to be the moe character" roles.
Jul 20, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2007
KazukiTachibana said:

I agree with all of this on many levels, although I must say that I was happy when Trillram got killed off, since it meant I'd never have to deal with his boring 1-dimensional ass again.

That aside, I think the other characters worth mentioning are the drunk Lieutenant, and pretty much all the other females associated with the main core group -- it's kind of nice to see a princess not playing the "damsel in distress" or the other females in the "Look at me, I'm designed to be the moe character" roles.

Yeah I can definitely agree to that, though it raises the question as to whether any of the next antagonists can do any better in terms of nuance and being possible to take seriously.

The drunk Lieutenant actually did stand out to me in the most recent episode, but now I'm getting this sense his role was mainly to just hype the "Oh we're fucked when the Martians attack" thing the show has been riding on since the 2nd half of the first episode and to set the stage for Inaho to step in and be the "Savior That Earth Needs" (TM). Basically at this rate I just foresee him being that guy that preaches on about how stupid the Earth side is (which we can see) and how they need to give this Inaho kid every bit of leeway because he's the light of youth and the new generation that will show us the way and you guys don't even know. Basically like a Late ZZ Gundam era Bright Noa as he's about to be transferred off the Nahel Argama.

I also can't really say too much about Inaho's female classmates. They look kind of nice but there's again just not much I can really say about them as they don't particularly stand out or have anything of their own going on really yet.

Maybe it's just my luck of the draw or the fact that I tend to watch very different shows that aren't necessarily of the popular on Crunchyroll type, but as far as princess and princess like characters go Asseyleum really doesn't seem to be that stand out or a trend bucker. Most of them tend to be pretty savvy and have a hot blooded take action streak and aren't necessarily of the damsel in distress variety.
Jul 21, 2014 12:01 AM

May 2012
fst said:
Tommk said:

It's real, it will be the FMA , Ga Rei Zero, Ef- A tale of melodies/Memories scripwriter turn :)

Looking forward to it.

Don't forget he wrote Boku no Pico too.

That shows us that the script writer is that good in so many genre

>FMA ( SHounen)
>Ef (Melodrama romance tragedy )
>Shuffle ( Harem )
>Ga Rei Zero ( Action, Drama )
>Boku no pico (Shota Yaoi )

:))))) All types man, all types
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 21, 2014 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
Tommk said:
fst said:

Don't forget he wrote Boku no Pico too.

>FMA ( SHounen)
>Shuffle ( Harem )

Eh. I dunno, I've always sort of felt those series weren't "OMG AMAZE" like I was told they were. I'm not saying they're bad, either, more along the lines of I never felt they lived up to the hype.

Maybe I'm just hard to please.
Jul 21, 2014 12:21 AM

Mar 2013
KazukiTachibana said:
Tommk said:

>FMA ( SHounen)
>Shuffle ( Harem )

Eh. I dunno, I've always sort of felt those series weren't "OMG AMAZE" like I was told they were. I'm not saying they're bad, either, more along the lines of I never felt they lived up to the hype.

Or maybe you go in with unrealistic expectations due to the power of HYPE! and because they always fail to meet those unrealistic expectations, that's why you dislike shows with hype?
Jul 21, 2014 12:22 AM

Oct 2007
KazukiTachibana said:
Tommk said:

>FMA ( SHounen)
>Shuffle ( Harem )

Nothing ever lives up to hype really considering the entire point of hype is to try to promote the idea that something is far grander and more important in the immediate present than it actually is.

Personally there is absolutely nothing in anime culture right now that makes me roll my eyes more or inspires more loathing than hype culture. It's not that I don't like things, I just don't understand the point of overselling shit to strangers without any sort of thought as to why I'm doing so. In the long run I find it fucks with expectations and makes it hard to properly evaluate something, but it can kind of become impossible to escape barring total withdrawal from the internet for some shows, particularly those whose whole existence pretty much thrives off of generating a consistent level of hype in the community.
PeacingOutJul 21, 2014 12:26 AM
Jul 21, 2014 12:25 AM

May 2012
Why are you guys taking it so seriously.

Its just my views, I love Ef series a lot, Ga Rei Zero, FMA/FMAB. I just love it, but that does not mean that the whole world is gonna love it too.

I mean......its just anime........
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 21, 2014 12:41 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I see the urobutching is already going strong.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jul 21, 2014 12:48 AM

Jul 2014
Tommk said:
Why are you guys taking it so seriously.

Its just my views, I love Ef series a lot, Ga Rei Zero, FMA/FMAB. I just love it, but that does not mean that the whole world is gonna love it too.

I mean......its just anime........

And I think that's really great. Really, I honestly do.

Now, I might ask what made you feel that way, or why you like certain things, etc. etc., and I might disagree with you on some points, but I figure that's the point of a discussion forum -- to talk about and explain our differing opinions.

How boring would it be if we all just wanked each other off and said how great it was that we all felt the same thing?
Jul 21, 2014 1:50 AM

Aug 2013
the protagonist of the anime seems to be very smart and obstinate, I like the characters so that even non-look through your emotions are characterized by capacity, Inaho is not a cold guy, but a concentrated guy
I thought it would take longer to the princess be discovered, but she already revealed her identity, soon everyone will know the plan to murder her
since the beginning of the anime I did not like of Slaine and even changing the attitude he did not convince me
I think the anime very promising ..
Jul 21, 2014 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
I actually really like and enjoyed this, I love the soundtrack as well
too bad it's only 12 episodes, I think it would benefit if it's 2cour

also I like that the characters are smart (kinda unrealistic given how young they look, but I'd much rather have smart ones)
Pages (15) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.