Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]
Apr 18, 2015 12:21 AM

Feb 2015
Sinon will face much worse trauma after episode 12. So hold your horses and watch !
Jul 11, 2015 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
So Asada bit and shot a robber 3 times, that was pretty brave of a little kid and now she's scared of guns in the real world. I kinda get it but still ... at same time, if she was that scared of them she wouldn't have touched it as a kid but knew it was needed.

Yet she plays GGO to get over that fear and she's fine using guns in that but still not in the real world, that's also kinda odd.

"okay hot stuff, strip" - that was hilarious as was her feeling Kirito up lol.
stephtastropheJul 11, 2015 4:39 AM
Oct 2, 2015 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
So we learn a bit about Sinon's past which was pretty tragic, but also kinda cool. She really shouldn't be that afraid of guns now though, I mean she did nothing wrong.
Oct 27, 2015 6:02 PM
Feb 2015
Hmmm.. They say that sometimes they can't tell the difference between the real world and virtual world in SAO. Like it feels so real and shiii~

So why the fuck can she hold the gun in the game without going apeshit, but can't do that in the real world?
Oct 31, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
So Sinon killed the robber, but seems that even her mom got scared of her =/
She is suffering a lot of bully...if the OP was a hint we kinda know that Sinon's kind friend it's Death Gun...
Jan 12, 2016 9:36 AM

Sep 2014
I don't really think that we would get straight and obvious hint from the first episodes about death gun's identity.. Yet i think that if Person is young irl maybe he also is young in-game? But I don't know much..

Well a child shooting a person.. That's a terrible thing for a child :/ No wonder her reactions were so panicking..

And that woman also looked kinda suspicious.. :)))
Dec 13, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2013
Lol what a cute nurse.
Jan 16, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
"If there's even a one percent chance that Death Gun can kill people in real life, I have to take it as an absolute certainty!"
Jan 22, 2017 8:39 AM

May 2013
Well now. That was intense.

I wonder what happened to her mom... she looked terrified to see her daughter shooting a full grown burglar man lol
Mar 22, 2017 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
T3hSource said:
I'm sorry for taking a child's psychological trauma seriously.
You never did.

You never tried to take anything SAO showed seriously.And please dont tell me that you tried but it disappointed you.

People never give this show a chance because they just hear the name SAO, and immediately go into it looking for things to dislike about it. By no means do I think the show is perfect, I just wish people would open their minds a bit more. Obviously, if you watch it and dislike it that's fine, I just wanted to expresses that I think a lot of people are willing to discount the fantastic character building we see Sinon go through (Among other really good things about the show), because the show has some stupid moments and fanservice. I mean, no doubt there are more flaws than that, but just because a show is flawed, even immensely flawed, doesn't mean we can't accept that, enjoy, and even admire it for the good moments, despite the flaws.

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with the quote thread that's been going on, so just wanted say this isn't directed at anyone. Just my 2 cents worth on the discussion.
Jun 21, 2017 5:26 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I have to agree in some parts it WAS a bit forced imho but I can go with that

Jul 4, 2017 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with Asadas flashback xD and to top it of the mobbing.

The other thing I can't really overlook is that the goverment assigned Kirito with the task to go after Death Gun.. aside from that the rest is ok.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2017 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
Gun trauma huh? The adults in the post office (I thought it was a bank) were pretty useless though the first one that got shot was an employee from there. Anyway, that guy must be pretty jacked up in drugs or something to be able to move that much after being shot twice.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 17, 2017 10:17 PM
Jul 2016
lol this show was doing alright until that scene. Seriously are people in Japan so cowardly that they would rather let a child fight off a grown man armed with a gun rather then step in themselves? That's how it comes off as. There was plenty of time during the struggle for control of the gun for one of the adults close by to rush in.

Sure I'd be scared shitless at first too if a crazy man with a gun was threatening me but if a freaking child was able to distract him and cause him to lose control of his gun I'd be all over his crazy ass at that point, if only to prevent him from reclaiming control of the gun and killing the rest of us once hes got it. He's already shot one person and is clearly mentally unhinged, soon as he reclaims that gun you got to be thinking there's a good chance he goes on a shooting rampage.

Also the mother being horrified at her child for shooting the crazy guy, seriously? No rational human being would see that as anything but an act of self defense and that wouldn't even be the first thing that comes to her mind, which would obviously be something like; "omg my child was nearly killed by a deranged stranger, thank god shes still alive!" Not this; "my child is a monster" BS Yeah I'm focusing a lot one particular scene, but considering it's importance to the story it bugs me how poorly thought out it was.
Jan 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
im guessing the person she shot survived and is the death gun guy
Jan 12, 2018 12:24 AM

May 2016
This was a fairly good way to emphasize her personality.
Feb 16, 2018 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
Aki just grabbed Kazuto Ass (what a naughty nurse) lol

Aki is disappointed cause Kazuto refused to fully strip (she even had disappointed face & voice) lol

just before Kazuto went in Aki should have said a Joke: while u are in i will be violating ur body lol

PrOxAnto said:
Mother is scared even though her kid just saved EVERYONE in the bank.
Sure it's scary seeing your kid kill a man at that age, but no reason to leave her or despise her (At least that's what Im getting from it)

Anyhow, let GGO begin for Kirito !
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Well now. That was intense.

I wonder what happened to her mom... she looked terrified to see her daughter shooting a full grown burglar man lol

her face was like u monster, that what her face said & i was like WTF she saves u & new u see her as monster, what kind of a trash mother u are

poor Shino
Gator said:
So we learn a bit about Sinon's past which was pretty tragic, but also kinda cool. She really shouldn't be that afraid of guns now though, I mean she did nothing wrong.

but mother face told her something else what i said above, that made it worse for her, so basically its mothers fault her trauma is so big
Sugram22Feb 16, 2018 7:58 AM
Mar 1, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2010
So, two things I like so far:

First, I like the idea of virtual reality as therapy being used for story purposes. I don't think I've ever seen that explored before in anime, so it's cool to see. Second, I like Kirito talking to Asuna about GGO. At first, I thought he was going to hide his intentions for whatever the reason, but continuing from the first season, they're still a couple, so it's nice that they're close enough that they can consult with each other like this.

Beyond these two points, it has felt like build up so far, as it took three episodes for Kirito to finally enter GGO. Though, at the current moment, I feel Yuki Kajiura is being underutilized a tad. The battle in the previous episode wasn't really as dramatic as it made itself out to be, as no one was at risk of actually dying or anything. Sinon's team were bickering and yelling at each other for a moment, and that along with the heroic sacrifice and that last showdown felt...odd. It didn't feel to be that grand, yet I believe that was Kalafina singing to what felt to be a relatively inconsequential battle. I think they should have saved that OST for a more climatic fight, rather than a one-off battle in the show's introduction.

Oh, and every girl seems to still want into Kirito's pants. It's been a couple years since I've watched the first season, so I forgot about that.
Apr 15, 2018 10:32 PM
Feb 2018
Shino has PTSD and she's using Gun Gale as rehab.

She's already a more interesting character than Kirito by this episode alone.

Death Gun makes his move and I hope he isn't some angsty teenager in IRL.
Aug 15, 2019 2:41 PM
Apr 2016
Well, that was a stupidly dark backstory, it's pretty comical how nobody did shit whilst she was attacking the guy also. Not surprising that she'd be terrified of guns now though.
Aug 30, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
Sinon's backstory was really tragic. I don't blame her for having gun trauma in real life. Finally, Kirito has entered the GGO. I like the idea of virtual reality as therapy being used for story purposes.

It seems that the arc has just started.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 27, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
Have never read the novel or seen any spoiler, but this episode make it really obvious that friend of Sinon is obviously the killer. Even the opening song make it even more obvious.
Jun 19, 2020 12:38 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
oH PLEASE, was that a rapey face at the end?
Sep 1, 2020 12:41 AM

Apr 2013

Don't forget this scene will happen IRL..our real life..Sinon 11 years old now..
Source: https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_Timeline
Nov 18, 2020 5:50 PM

Aug 2019
Looks like Sinon has a lot of depth which is really nice to see. They are finally putting a focus on someone else rather than just Kirito and Asuna. We got a backstory as to why Sinon has trauma when seeing a gun in real life. I also found the ending makes more sense after seeing this episode. Sinon in the game and Sinon in real life are like polar opposites. Death gun is targeting Sinon next apparantly? Wonder what will happen from here. Much better anime so far than in season 1!
Apr 18, 2021 12:52 AM
Dec 2020
One Shot, One Kill
headshot
Aug 4, 2022 4:32 AM

Jun 2020
That was the lowest of the low these scumbags are losers for using her trauma to gain money from Shino

I think the best girl would be (Femboy Kirito) the nurse
Oct 28, 2022 1:06 PM

Mar 2019
Oh no, Sinon. That backstory though, were those guys at the office and her mother dumb?? That annoyed me so much, lol.

Kirito finally left ALO!! It's time for GGO Kirito.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 30, 2022 11:10 AM
Aug 2021
A lot of background for Sinon, at the start I found stupid how she got scared of a finger gun but when they showed what happened at the post office, that made me show more compassion for her. Good episode!
Jul 4, 2023 1:09 AM
Jun 2019
From a not so loveable epsidoe that was episode 2 to a great episode 3. Now this is good.

Damn, I can’t believe Shino had to go through that. And the face that her mother made. The absolute worst face to make - looking at your down as if she's a monster. Like bruh, she just saved all your a**es and YOUR life too. Still though, I'm surprised that after the incident, a therapist wasn't assigned to her. She had to deal with it alone, at least from what we've seen so far.

This was definitely different. From memory (don't trust me that), I don't think we've seen so much blood in SAO. Anyway, I'm hope Shino can get over her trauma somehow.

Seeing Kirito, Asuna, and Yuu together was still great.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 15, 2023 6:19 PM

Aug 2019
yeah the bullies are there to make the viewer hate them and get mad but im mad and i hate them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2023 10:13 AM
May 2021
made me drop the series
Aug 27, 2023 6:56 AM

Oct 2020
NERDforeverNF said:
made me drop the series

Well, u will miss Alicization........

Here's a suggestion, that might help if u consider it as one.....

•Just skip Season 2 till episode 18,,
•Start from the episode titled "Zekken"< it's episode 18/19 of s2, as it starts the <<Mother's Rosario>> arc which is not long.
•Then watch SAO ORDINAL SCALE
•Then <<Alicization>> which is 47eps long, although could've been longer if the studio didn't cut stuff.
•Then u r good to go with <<Unital Ring>>

U might not fully understand Alicization as you haven't seen Phantom Bullets and feel like it's plot hole, but u can come back and check later......But if you skip Mother's Rosario arc, that would ruin Alicization for you.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Dec 3, 2023 8:48 PM

Dec 2019
So, there were how many adults in that place? And literally nobody decided to get a hold of the guy after he was struggling with a fucking kid for a gun? Amazing.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 16, 2023 8:22 AM

Nov 2023
Asunua with blue hair honestly looks weird to me but she looks good in it
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.