Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
They forgot to draw the gloves XD
Jul 24, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Well, the second episode was better than the first although it still had many flaws. Seeing that they outsourced some of the animation that explains it. One thing I did like was Ami's new voice actress.

She's not Aya Hisakawa but her voice is close and it really suits Ami. I wonder how they are going to handle how the plot with the next episode. I hope this show continues to get better. If it does we could get another season which would make sense if going 1 act per episode.

So it wouldn't make sense to leave us hanging...

Anyway...back to the current episode like I said, improvement...

Really cool to see all the modern computers and stuff. Wonder what other modern changes will be made. I think the monsters in the older anime were scarier (for the most part) but still. Sailor Mercury's transformation was pretty good I think the CGI is meh but I can try and ignore it.
AmraiJul 24, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
Mercury's transformation was actually really good!
Jul 25, 2014 1:08 AM

May 2008
breathesunshine said:
Again with a less than mediocre episode. For something I was so excited about, I am extremely finding myself very very disappointed. This doesn't even seem to be an actual adaptation of the manga as far as I can remember. The animation is trash and the story telling feels bland with a few exceptions of Usagi being her normal funky self.

Why bother doing this over if they fall short of the original? Shouldn't remakes be better and more pleasing?

Oh and I still hate the opening song, it makes me cringe, and the ending one is only slightly better.

Overall I don't expect this to get better, I'll wait and see if it is worth watching all 26 episodes. -_-

Totally. It sucks.
Jul 25, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2007
Cremilin said:
breathesunshine said:
Again with a less than mediocre episode. For something I was so excited about, I am extremely finding myself very very disappointed. This doesn't even seem to be an actual adaptation of the manga as far as I can remember. The animation is trash and the story telling feels bland with a few exceptions of Usagi being her normal funky self.

Why bother doing this over if they fall short of the original? Shouldn't remakes be better and more pleasing?

Oh and I still hate the opening song, it makes me cringe, and the ending one is only slightly better.

Overall I don't expect this to get better, I'll wait and see if it is worth watching all 26 episodes. -_-

Totally. It sucks.

Its already better than the "original"(i'll let it slide that previous adaptation was NOT original). WHy?

- It did not take 452454 episodes to get to second senshi.
- It won't take bazillion episodes of pointless filler to get to the point.
- It actually has a point.
- Usagi already did more on her own than in first 10 episodes of the "original"
- TM's interrupts are way less sexist, its more of mentoring and help than Usagi needing him to function.
- Usagi and Luna do not appear as dumbasses in Ami introduction and make correct and competent assumptions.
- Usagi is already progressing in being a better person than her terrible self in previous adaptation.

I can't wait for next episode because it will piss of those who look back at "original" with rose-tinted glasses, even more xD
Jul 25, 2014 5:37 AM

Jun 2010
Loved the 2nd episode. A MUCH IMPROVED from the first I must say....

Usagi's VA is settling into her role and doesnt sound as bad anymore. Ami's new VA fits her pretty perfect too.

The attack moves are instant now and without a separate over the top animation sequence is cool... the old show got annoying because it kept using repeated scenes for the attacks.

The inner senshi are coming fast now... Can't wait to see Sailor Mars. :)

Jul 26, 2014 3:58 PM
Dec 2009
Nobuna said:

Usagi's VA is settling into her role and doesnt sound as bad anymore. Ami's new VA fits her pretty perfect too.

The attack moves are instant now and without a separate over the top animation sequence is cool... the old show got annoying because it kept using repeated scenes for the attacks.

Err....more like it is the same seiyuu who did her voice from like twenty years ago!?

Jul 26, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
-HERE COME THOSE LONGASS TRANSFORMATIONS AGAIN (i like amy's though)
-the japanese names are probaly gonna take some getting used to
-my memory is pretty blurry,but did she have those crybaby powers in the original

..........NO SHIT SHERLOCK...........

I honestly never thought i'd enjoy Sailor Moon this much after so many years
Jul 27, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Nobuna said:

Err....more like it is the same seiyuu who did her voice from like twenty years ago!?

Exactly, it was 20 YEARS ago!!! :O think about that.
Jul 27, 2014 2:25 PM
Dec 2009
ichii_1 said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:

Exactly, it was 20 YEARS ago!!! :O think about that.

Exactly indeed, also for a fact that there is the awareness of going onto an anime character's profile and then going onto the page of the original seiyuu's profile, opening up and seeing a list of various roles for each character she did in various anime.
Therefore, when searching up anime shows especially if SOME are remakes of the original - 90's - anime, it is always wise to gone onto its page and goes through the whole of anime characters along with their seiyuus' and see what kind of roles they do.
Since this is a discussion about the Sailor Moon anime, I will need to stay on topic. As you already know the main character of the series is Usagi Tsukino AKA Sailor Moon. I think the person who made this comment should look up onto Sailor Moon's character page and then looked up the seiyuu who does her original voice - Kotono Mitsuishi and see that she does this same character in both the original and modern version.

Jul 28, 2014 7:43 AM

Jan 2011
vongola-undecimo said:

-my memory is pretty blurry,but did she have those crybaby powers in the original

You mean the Sonic Waves? Yup, she had.

Jul 28, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
This show is a sad cash grab, and all the desperate Sailor Moon fans really should be ashamed for accepting this.

Don't you take pride in your favorite series? This is just a shitty low budget excuse to remarket an old franchise.

Seriously. Stop rewarding Toei for doing the bare minimum.
Jul 28, 2014 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
This show is a sad cash grab, and all the desperate Sailor Moon fans really should be ashamed for accepting this.

Don't you take pride in your favorite series? This is just a shitty low budget excuse to remarket an old franchise.

bro,you're simply trying waay too hard to hate this
King_of_HereticsJul 28, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 28, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
breathesunshine said:

I feel the same, very dissapointed u.u it doesn't feel like the manga
Jul 28, 2014 9:03 PM
Sep 2007
I read quality was low for this episode cause of Moon Pride video.
Jul 28, 2014 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
Psajdak said:
I read quality was low for this episode cause of Moon Pride video.

Episode 1 and 2 were outsourced to a foreign animation company because the team for the show was working on the music video.
Jul 28, 2014 11:33 PM

Aug 2013
I personally like what they are doing with Mercury and the approach they are taking to this series.

They made Ami cute instead of just being the brainy one. And I like that.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

How are they doing the bare minimum?
They upgrade the animation, voice acting, and sound quality.

This was something Naoko wanted to do, as she was disappointed with how the last anime turned out. In this adaptation she had more say than the last, which is to say she had nearly no say in the last adaption. But regardless I still love it, I like both.

Sure nothing will give us a good look into the tortured psyche of Minako like 3rd season did. Having her shoot herself in the chest with the gun the Death Busters use just to see if she had any worth. Which cements her as one of my favorite anime characters of all time.

But I have a feeling that this will be at least decent in my eyes. But hey, each to their own. Just don't go pulling the nostalgia glasses over everybody's eyes.
moonkingdomifyJul 28, 2014 11:51 PM
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Jul 29, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2008
Okay ever I have to admit Ami is really really cute. Even moreso than the original series.

Two things struck me, WHERE'S BUBBLE SPRAY?!?! Also, no ROSE ATTACK AND WITTY MONOLOGUE from Tuxedo Mask!!

Other than that Usagi is still as klutzy as ever. Next episode...my most hated inner senshi takes the stage...
Jul 29, 2014 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Ehemm... why should I be ashamed? It's our choice and opinion. If you don't like it fine, but please stop judging others, because they like it.

Jul 30, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2007
WolfWood37 said:

Two things struck me, WHERE'S BUBBLE SPRAY?!?! Also, no ROSE ATTACK AND WITTY MONOLOGUE from Tuxedo Mask!!

Bubble spray was never in the manga. None of the previous anime attacks were in the manga.
Tuxedo Mask never ever throws even a single rose and is not one for monologues - at best he will give some strategic advice that he knows(like
, at worst he will just observe the situation doing nothing.
Jul 31, 2014 2:43 AM
Jun 2011
Fai said:
WolfWood37 said:

Bubble spray was never in the manga. None of the previous anime attacks were in the manga.
Tuxedo Mask never ever throws even a single rose and is not one for monologues - at best he will give some strategic advice that he knows(like
i wonder how the original show fans will be when they will see the next episode with that scence
Jul 31, 2014 8:57 AM

Feb 2014
Well that was an anticlimactic death...sort of.
And I don't know why, but the "middle aged lady trying to sound like a 14 year old" voice of Usagi's voice actress makes Usagi sound even more hilarious.
Aug 1, 2014 7:01 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I still wonder why they use CG if the long transformation will be in every episode. Think they would do something more about it.
Aug 1, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2010
Snow_Queen said:
I still wonder why they use CG if the long transformation will be in every episode. Think they would do something more about it.

How do you know they'll be in every episode? There's been only 2 so far. They'll most likely cut them later on for the plot.
Aug 1, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2011
Love and Intelligence Sailor Mercury <3
Aug 1, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2007
elior1 said:
Fai said:

i wonder how the original show fans will be when they will see the next episode with that scence

Oh I just can't wait. It will be troll-worthy. ALl the delicious tears and shock, if they adapt THAT correctly. I just hope the production team does not chicken out and change something. That twist is pretty much needed to explode previous show fanbase's brains.
Aug 1, 2014 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
Enough already jeez!
How about actually letting people watch the next episode in peace and not spouting about "That scene in the next episode" "WHich will make the old show fan retards go sfkzifzsodpi"?

The manga reader elitism is clearly showing.
Aug 2, 2014 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
Enough already jeez!
How about actually letting people watch the next episode in peace and not spouting about "That scene in the next episode" "WHich will make the old show fan retards go sfkzifzsodpi"?

I have to agree with this post, i mean, although i saw the original Sailor Moon series when i was growing up, it's been an extremely long time since i saw it and i can't remember a lot of the plot lines, so i don't want to be spoiled to be honest :P
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth ;)

Aug 2, 2014 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
Amitch1991 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Enough already jeez!

I have to agree with this post, i mean, although i saw the original Sailor Moon series when i was growing up, it's been an extremely long time since i saw it and i can't remember a lot of the plot lines, so i don't want to be spoiled to be honest :P

It won't have that many similarities with previous show.

And people have the right to be giddy about nostalgia-glasses watchers being punched in the face.
Aug 3, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
I really want to like this. But wow, the animation sucks big time. As people have mentioned, there's so much inconsistencies and it's so distracting that I can barely focus on anything but that.
Aug 5, 2014 8:03 PM

May 2013
I'm really enjoying this series! Another great episode, dare I say better than the last episode. I don't remember Sailor Mercury being so cute :) Her voice and everything is adorable, I might be in love lol. Great episode tho, 5/5.

Aug 12, 2014 1:40 AM

Mar 2011
povsuduvolosy said:

( Ami is so skinny i want to feed her)

Amen, Bro.

OTOH, I liked how they made her wear her Reading Specs more often. Meganekko FTW!

P. S: Still need to get used to these lips ^_^ Now they look like they're constantly using make-up ;-)
HapposamaAug 12, 2014 1:50 AM
Aug 15, 2014 5:55 AM
Jul 2014
Something that's been bothering me since I saw this... since when has *water* been an appropriate element for Mercury? It's the hottest and driest planet.
Aug 15, 2014 9:24 AM

Jan 2011
Mirality said:
Something that's been bothering me since I saw this... since when has *water* been an appropriate element for Mercury? It's the hottest and driest planet.

First of all Venus is the hottest one according to science. I think it has mainly a symbolic mean. Otherwise you can explain it in many ways. As a element Mercury a.k.a. Quicksilver is fluid under normal conditions. The first space probe send to Mercury was called Mariner 10
Venus for example is the Roman goddess of love and beauty, so it fits Sailor Venus perfectly. Mars is called often the Red planet, so it symbolizes fire. And Jupiter is a gas giant and because of it's raging winds and thunderstorms it fits Sailor Jupiter too.

Aug 15, 2014 9:03 PM
May 2009
Or, y'know, without doing mental arithmetics, look at Japanese names for planets

水星 - Mercury/water planet
金星 - Venus/golden planet
火星 - Mars/fire planet
木星 - Jupiter/tree planet
土星 - Saturn/earth planet

Named long-long ago before they had any understanding what these planets are actually like.
Aug 16, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2011
iatheia said:
Or, y'know, without doing mental arithmetics, look at Japanese names for planets

水星 - Mercury/water planet
金星 - Venus/golden planet
火星 - Mars/fire planet
木星 - Jupiter/tree planet
土星 - Saturn/earth planet

Named long-long ago before they had any understanding what these planets are actually like.

True for Mercury and Mars. But for the rest it doesn't fully explains their elements.

Still, the old planet list in Japanese explains something else. Just look up the full list and checking Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, then comparing them with the last names of the Outer Senshi's. Well, it's rather a topic for a separate post. There are many, many ways to explain the Senshi's elements, names, attacks etc. as we can see :D

Oct 1, 2015 3:01 AM

Mar 2011
Magito said:
I'm used to CGI but it was terrible. I prefer 2d one.

Then maybe this clip is for you (hope it's still there):

HapposamaNov 3, 2015 11:25 PM
Oct 7, 2016 3:02 AM
Oct 2016
TRI_Mike said:
I'm still having trouble getting used to the designs. The foreheads are just too big and Usagi's voice is extremely, extremely annoying.

Usagi's VA is the same VA who did her in the 90's Version, shes' the ONLY VA to return. I still don't understand why her voice is so 'hard to tolerate' when it's the same VA as the 90's.
Oct 8, 2016 11:09 AM
Oct 2016
TRI_Mike said:
I'm still having trouble getting used to the designs. The foreheads are just too big and Usagi's voice is extremely, extremely annoying.

Usagi's voice is the same voice she had in the original 90's version. The same VA is doing Usagi's voice that did her voice in the classic version. Usagi's VA is the ONLY returning VA in the series.
Apr 24, 2017 3:10 PM
Apr 2017
(Spoilers, by the way)
Another episode I watched, another piece of happiness I got, although not as great as the first episode, I still love it! The animation is awesome, especially on the transformation, despite a few poorly drawn scenes I saw, (An unpopular opinion like I said) it has a nice story, and then here is the same opening and ending from the previous episode.
May 29, 2017 1:58 AM

Aug 2007
I watched the first episode when it first aired. I'm returning to it a couple years later.
The second episode keeps the same plot line hat I remember. I have a feeling the big improvement will be cutting out the filler, but the downfall is the animation. It'll probably even out to be the same score as the original, but with slight preference to the old one because of nostalgia.

Feb 7, 2021 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
Ami so cute :D loved her cute why voice and episode was very good. I alreasy got used to the chi, her transformation was great. Prefer this ep by far over the first. And im crudhing on tuxedo, he looks way hotter in crystal

Am excited for sailor mars, she was my fav wonder if she still will be

AAWAdam said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Enough already jeez!

Its why i dont read comments usually just in case. I saw it when i was like 8 yrs so it feels all new to me lol

(i started with dub now.. as sailor moon her voice was a bit eery >< and i tend to not watch dub but well..)
GyarutsundereFeb 7, 2021 2:25 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.