3It was OK
25.7%
2Disliked it
8.9%
1Hated it
5.6%
Average 3.7
179 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, we get maid outfits this episode. At this point, I'm not even surprised at what other gimmicks they will use in this show.

And another mechanic is explored somewhat this episode with sound. Episode got tense in the second half but felt fast. We need more trains! Also end art:
Jul 17, 2014 8:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sakurai so ruthless in the beginning o_o surprised that she complained about writing an apology. Pretty sure that's close to police brutality if she was a police.

Anyways, Sasshou has some crazy hearing skills to be able to pick up the sound of the waves and also the brake testing. I wonder why she didn't reply right away that she loves trains too when (I think it was Koumi?) Koumi asked her. Is it really because she loves trains (or their sounds?) that she went to such a high school? Or perhaps she thought that liking the sounds is not good enough a reason. Just a random thought. Glad everything was resolved nicely in the end though. It's just bad luck for Sasshou's friend to have bee at the scene of a drug exchange, but she was quick enough to leave a clue behind.
Jul 17, 2014 9:11 PM

May 2011
The beginning part had me scared. I dropped my headphones, and I thought that I broke them. It turns out, it was just a quiet intro.

Someone should do something about their uniforms. It seems like the ladies get wedgies frequently.
Jul 17, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2013
Sasshou has really good hearing. Good that they got to rescue her friend at the end.

LEGOF said:
The beginning part had me scared. I dropped my headphones, and I thought that I broke them. It turns out, it was just a quiet intro.

Someone should do something about their uniforms. It seems like the ladies get wedgies frequently.

That is a nice shot there.
Jul 17, 2014 9:45 PM

Mar 2014
I wish they had animated the fight between the drug dealers and the main group but overall it was a pretty good episode!
Jul 17, 2014 10:42 PM

Feb 2012
Von Voyage .... We got Nana & Sasshou showing some interest in Takayama... those booty shots though...Click Click lol Extra Fanservice in the next episode? Yay
Jul 17, 2014 10:47 PM
Jan 2014
Haruka's english sounded pretty good imo, not too engrishy. Takayama on the other hand was a goner.

Sakurai is quite unforgiving. Apparently she smashed somebody's head against a locker.

She also had trouble writing her report and got mad that Takayama tried to help her.

The names on that menu seemed pretty weird.
Shou gets pretty carried away while reading the menu. Food is his weakness, I guess.

Lol, Haruka got a bit too close to Takayama, he even fell with his chair.

Sasshou's hearing is pretty good. Pin-pointing a location through a lossy audio file sure isn't easy.

Phoenix1220 said:
I wish they had animated the fight between the drug dealers and the main group but overall it was a pretty good episode!

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't.

The ED is pretty addicting though.
Jul 17, 2014 10:48 PM
Mar 2012
All that PLOT~

But wow, Mari is really cute
Jul 17, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
We don't seem to have gotten into a main plot line yet, and I don't think episodes like this one will be strong enough to carry the whole series. I don't mind fan service but I actually do like something of a plot or a developing relationship (or preferably both) to go with it. I'm wondering if the failure to show the fight with drug dealers was based on wanting to avoid showing violence, or simply not having the animation staff available to do this?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 18, 2014 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
That Engrish. New girl has a thing for MC, so does the squad leader it seems. I wish the Kotori look-alike would do some fighting but they're only showing the red haired girl being badass. Beach episode so soon?
Jul 18, 2014 12:17 AM

May 2011
Sasshou was a pretty nice addition tbh and god damn she's got godlike hearing. Ooooh next episode is going to be a swimsuit episode? Can't wait.

*Click click*
Jul 18, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2008
Holly crap, how dull can this series get.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 18, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2013
Multi-track drifting is the only way to save this series.
Jul 18, 2014 2:21 AM

Nov 2012
No doubt the only reason I am watching this is for "THE PLOT"......
Jul 18, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
*episode start*
Sakurai already face-planted someone face into the wall.

Maybe Sassho would join the rest of the group as an Audio Analyst or something. And, indeed, it is disappoiting that we didn't got to see the fight between the Public Safety and the drug dealers
Jul 18, 2014 2:56 AM

Dec 2011
It looks like Naoto has a rival at loving and knowing all about trains XD.

Naoto... you can't speak Engrish? At least Haruka can...

So her name was Mari huh.

Dem boobs... dat ass!!

Lol, Mari has really good hearing XD.

Ohoooo, Naoto actually fought this time around.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 18, 2014 3:23 AM

Oct 2013
the 2nd half was a bit slow...
Jul 18, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2007
Considering the stellar cast, this is quite disappointing ...

Jul 18, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
New girl next ep. Looks like we might see some bikini scenes next week.

I'd like to see more Sasshou. Hoping for some romance development but I doubt it will happen anytime soon or won't even happen at all.
Jul 18, 2014 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
Antanaru said:

Well, you never know, this show has already surprised me quite a bit. Meh.
Jul 18, 2014 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
Slightly sad they cut out the action, also, does anyone notice how they keep cutting to the next scene before they say their location,
eg. "we're at...".
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 18, 2014 5:18 AM

May 2013
Fanservice still amazes me. As well as the poorly given problems.
Jul 18, 2014 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
I hope this gets better :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 18, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Dat engrish :D I kinda like how they concentrate on other people's stories.
Jul 18, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Am i the only one who thinks the main and the red head have the hots for each other.
They literally look like a couple already.

Other then that this episode was nothing special.
Jul 18, 2014 6:52 AM

May 2010
Well I rarely rarely rarely skip OPs but I am gonna do with this one.

Damn I might just ship Sasshou x Naoto now, they have so much in common. Besides me and "my-ship-never-got-canon" get along so well. Well I like Aoi x Naoto as well so won't complain much.

Damn engrishu

People who still call Aoi an ordinary tsundere should just stop watching this anime, I am seeing so much potential from her.

What help. Give me that help.

Haruka is really amazing, what speed.Sasshou is equally amazing, what hearing ability.

Episode wasn't as good as the previous ones, but I still liked it because of Mari.
Jul 18, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa Koumi's English talking skills are very good, After they found out that Mari's friend was abducted by those men I thought that they were going to have to get the police involved but instead they handled the situation fine by themselves.
Jul 18, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
Mari is cute :x

and that's all, still a very dull episode
Jul 18, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
i thought she was gonna join there little group 2
Jul 18, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
I'm still uncertain as to how this got to be serialized but time will tell I hope.. The episode was fine, felt like a filler with fan service here and there. Cute scene though, I wonder if romance will play a role in this anime.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 18, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
This is one of the absolute worst shows I've ever seen. There was not an ounce of effort put into; they even skipped over the battle scene which was shaping up to be the only thing in this episode could be considered even remotely entertaining.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 18, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
ye the end of the episode was kinda boring... idk but this seems to bea pretty harem they're building around takayama
Jul 18, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
Dem' Engrish!

A harem quarrel is coming.. let's see so far we have had snatch thieves, a bomb terrorist, and a kidnapping involving drug dealers.

I'm amazed with how many crimes are happening at railway stations. I wonder what would be next, it seems next episode is the compulsory beach episode but the appearance of that lady smells trouble.
Jul 18, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Haruka's English was pretty good.

Sasshou has a very sharp hearing.

Takayama and the others owned those drug dealers so badly.
Jul 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2008
Considering a kidnapping was highly likely, evidence of struggle, as well as an aggressor, I'm quite surprised they didn't arm themselves with their pistols prior to going to the scene. But at least they had their batons on them.

Antanaru said:
There was a purse-snatching pursuit with an ensuring fight in episode 1, a terrorist bombing (and an attempted one) in episode 2 with the mobilization of the riot police, and finally a search and rescue of a kidnapped victim, as well as a drug bust in episode 3.

Dude...seriously? You might want to try looking past the fanservice "plot".
Estoy_GordoJul 18, 2014 11:03 AM
Jul 18, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2012
Uhh.. at least the animation improved since last episode.
But wow, we're getting a harem for this series.

...I just can't shake the thought on how professional their search and rescue operation was.
Jul 18, 2014 11:18 AM
Feb 2014
Dammit... it's like this show has the ability to make me like it, but refuses to let me...
I actually really like the art now, especially in his epi (eespite them cutting out the fight against he drug dealers), and one or two characters are starting to grow on me. The trains and some of the world and systems are starting to intrigue me... n some of the dialogue r actually pretty entertaining...

But the freakig plot and some of the actions these ppl take r so... aifhybxhfjns.... okay, over reaction, but I just cant help but be bothered by some scenes and the logic behind them

Why are only Naoto and co, in charge of findin Sasshou's friend? Where's the friend's next of kin? Why report it to the train authorities n not the police? How come it was so convenient that the friend was held hostage right at that station?? She could've been miles away but the kidnappers decide keeping her mere metres frm the kidnap point would be the best place to hide her?

It also felt way too convenient for the kid who found the phone to completely forget where he picked it up... I mean, jeez, couldnt the parents tell the station whih stations or line they were on... surely u could eliminate a huge portion of stations frm that alone... felt like the whole thig was set up specifically for Shasshou to listen and find out the friends exact location.

U may think I'm petty, but I get this way when I'm already slightly annoyed by the show based on previous episodes...

One good thing i'll mention abt this episode is Shasshou. She's my favourite character of the whole lot. I like her character design best of all the characters too. Her talks with Naoto are some of the better ones... too bad she's only a side character for now... hopefully she returns tho
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
good episode
lol at the english in the beginning XD gotta love it
shit gets intense around the trains station
I almsot thought this one was going to be a 2 part arc
the ed song is def interesting XD
[/quote]
Jul 18, 2014 12:04 PM
Jun 2013
Oh how I got the chills on that salute.
MC, you better shave off that hair and get baldy already.

Jul 18, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
I know this is Passione's first full series, but I'm surprised by the amount of problems they seem to be having, especially in regards to mouth flaps. Earlier in the episode both Koumi and Sakurai's mouths are synced to one of Sakurai's lines and later Takayama is talking and his mouth isn't moving. There's also a continuing problem in regards to the detail of any artwork that isn't up close. It's also really lame that they didn't show the fight at the end of the episode. There's been a bit of action before, so I'm assuming they didn't animate it due to the budget. Still, I liked hearing Maaya Uchida speak English, it's just a shame that Passione aren't up to modern quality standards.
Jul 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
my tinfoil hat tells me that all of the animation budget disappeared when they figured out they had to pay Minori Chihara.
Jul 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
I hope Sakurai doesn't end up as the 'winner' in the harem that our MC is developing here ... somehow I doubt he'll wind up with anyone, if he does it'll probably be Haruka. Because, well, boobs.

So far in the harem, we've got Haruka, Sakurai (even if she doesn't know it yet), Iida and probably Sasshou if she sticks around in the cafe. With another new girl next week. Naoto, you playboy you ;)
Jul 18, 2014 2:08 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I can't tell if this was a good episode or I just really enjoyed Sasshou. SHE IS SO CUTE AND AHHHHHH
BEST GIRL
So adorable.
This wasn't a bad episode at all, much much better than the second episode albeit a bit predictable. Hope to see more Sasshou and possible love drama in this series!
Jul 18, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
What is this show. is it going to have a plot/ romance or what?

is it like Lucky Star? life on the rail road daily life? o.O
Jul 18, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2012
They're obviously not having Japan as an example for this anime ._. I know there are still illegal stuff going on there but it's not like they would put a bomb or traffic crap on the Rails Stations...
Tho it was a good episode
Jul 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
All ready feeling bored of this anime
Jul 18, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
for show about "trains" sure is alot of people getting their asses kicked, and
i was all ready to see them beat up some drug dealers but got a still instead :(

Beach episode already next week? is that a record
Jul 18, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 2013
Ugh, I don't like it when they speak English, but IT'S OKAY. I AM NOT GOING TO DIE FROM IT.
Jul 18, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
katsu044 said:
for show about "trains" sure is alot of people getting their asses kicked, and
i was all ready to see them beat up some drug dealers but got a still instead :(

Beach episode already next week? is that a record

I completely agree. It could've been the start of a decent fight scene but it seems as if the director either didn't manage their time this episode correctly or were just plain lazy

P.S Loving that English guy with the Japanese accent
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

181 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

75 by 424jersey106 »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

99 by Raizel »»
Jan 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

68 by ColdBisquiT »»
Dec 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Apakabar »»
Dec 4, 2021 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.