Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it doesn't look like the show is going to take a breather with the action and the war. Getting shot while in a car point blink by a mecha is not a fun way to die tbh.

No brake on the action. Sigh, I think the MC makes a lot of daring moves in this episode. Also, I'm somewhat curious about his past.

Jul 17, 2014 9:15 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Some good battles this episode. Tokimune is still pathetic, however.
> "It's an unlucky machine without a good pilot." I agree with Richthofen with this one.

Really like how Samonji stays cool even when facing a tough situation, especially the part where he commands to fire at the rock to save Tokimune for being crushed.

Ingelmian Captain is obsessed with getting more info about Argevollen. Just how much more info does he need?

Overall, alright episode. Needed more screentime for Silfy and Lorenz. Both of them are badasses!

Jul 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa didn't expect them to blow up the whole place like that, Glad that Tokimune saved those people.
Jul 17, 2014 9:24 AM
Feb 2013
That was intense
Jul 17, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2010
Tokimune is a dumb pilot and a dumb ass soldier. I'm officially dropping it. I can't tolerate him anymore.
Jul 17, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
Dat ass, some of the best peice of ass I've seen all season,
The sound for this anime is still going strong but the lack of good plot is starting to take its toll, the action is starting to get a bit old as well, especially when its not that exciting.
I'll be hoping to see more ass time and hopefully better action to compensate for bad story.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 17, 2014 10:16 AM
Feb 2013
Hey, I'm just curious which MC you prefer more in mecha anime in this season between Tokimune who act before thinking or Inaho who always has expressionless in any situation. lol
Jul 17, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who enjoy this anime so far? I agree that the main guy is quite pathetic but he will develop in the future for sure.
Jul 17, 2014 10:22 AM
Feb 2013
davidphamle said:
Am I the only one who enjoy this anime so far? I agree that the main guy is quite pathetic but he will develop in the future for sure.

No, you are not alone at least I'm really enjoy this show. Sometime I wonder, do people really think Tokimune won't develop a bit for the entire show?
Jul 17, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2014
silentway said:
davidphamle said:

No, you are not alone at least I'm really enjoy this show. Sometime I wonder, do people really think Tokimune won't develop a bit for the entire show?
At the end we see him sulking that he was lucky that he escaped death all due to his captain not wanting to use an asset.

Inaho can stare blankly all he wants, a whiny brash idiot is still more human than a robot.
Jul 17, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I didn't think the enemy would get data on the new unit so quickly. I thought with all the enemies units destroy last week it wouldn't be possible but hey they made it more interestiing now. Wow I wasn't expecting that type of fanservice with Jamie but ok. :P Typcial Tokimune rushes straight into it when he knew he wasn't supposed and he should thank his captain since it seem he knew he would do that and even was able to cover him to make it back when the rock slide happen. Well I'm truly enjoying this now. Hopefully I can get more battles and more of the captain and the whole like at odds the whole enemy has going for them.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
So if it's 2 cour then we really can't expect Tokimune to be worth a damn till more towards the end of the first season. Oh well, usually how it goes.

Still enjoying the show well enough.
Jul 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2010
I see some good character development coming up in this series :-D. Maybe Tokimune will train with the Argevollen a bit before the enemy forces get through again. Glad he saved those people.
Jul 17, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
The main in this anime needs to mature, his actions are immature and somewhat annoying.
War isn't a single player game normally actions like that would either get you killed or you would get some kind of punishment from the commanding officer.
But right now the only reason why the main got away from all that is because he is piloting that unit.
Jul 17, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Tokimune is quite pathetic. He needed to be more mature.

It was good to see Tokimune saved those soldiers.
Jul 17, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
silentway said:
davidphamle said:

I'm enjoying it too :)
Jul 17, 2014 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
silentway said:
Hey, I'm just curious which MC you prefer more in mecha anime in this season between Tokimune who act before thinking or Inaho who always has expressionless in any situation. lol

I prefer my main characters to have at least some personality and honestly Tokimune doesn't bother me in the slightest and I have really no idea why he gets under so many peoples skin so badly. Obviously this means I prefer Tokimune though so far.
Jul 17, 2014 11:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is the first episode that I actually liked lol

Hopefully we get more eps like this
Jul 17, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
So, why is this guy a mecha pilot again? So far he's just an idiot who doesn't follow orders. I hope he improves later...
Jul 17, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
I don't watch much mech anime, but I'm enjoying this show.
Jul 17, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
More action. Captain Samonji was pretty cool this episode. Tokimune still doesn't follow his orders and is still obsessed with his childish heroic ideals. Smelling some rivalry or whatever between him and the enemy lieutenant, he has to stop being an idiot first though if he wants to take him down.

Well I guess this marks the end of the first arc maybe? It seems like it will slow down a bit next episode, hoping for some world building or something ^^

4/5
Jul 17, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
Next episode we'll get some character development. I hope.
Jul 17, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2012
This show is frustratingly generic, everything just screams generic so loudly that its almost impossible for me to take seriously. I'm hoping its just really slow and that we will see some semblance of character development soon, but I'm not optimistic, will probably be dropping in the next 1-2 episodes.
Jul 17, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
I think that's it for me. This show is extremely bland, boring and even the mech battles are uninteresting.
Jul 17, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
LTRoosta said:
Next episode we'll get some character development. I hope.
I hope so too, assuming they have already closed the gate of no return.
The action should settle down a bit.
Jul 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
I wish this had better production.
Jul 17, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2010
Lemme guess. He's not going to get fired because of his irresponsible actions, right? ... seriously
I want to drop it, but I'll keep watching.. for now.
Jul 17, 2014 12:22 PM
Mar 2013
I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. The fights should be more intense.
Jul 17, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
DarkDooM2 said:
Lemme guess. He's not going to get fired because of his irresponsible actions, right? ... seriously
I want to drop it, but I'll keep watching.. for now.
No, he's going to sulk how much he sucks and wants to be better(in order to be a hero).
Jul 17, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2011
So they have to stay back and protect the retreating forces and then seal the gate... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Dat ass...

Of course Tokimune had to run off and protect the soldiers.

"An unlucky machine without a good pilot" huh... Tokimune still sucks big time... how did he graduate lol?

Besides the scene with Jamie's great ass the episode was average...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 17, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
Since Tokimune has gotten into dire situations for all three episodes, he had is ass saved/supported every time. Given that next episode will be a cooldown from the action, I hope Tokimune reflects on his actions and learns from them.
Jul 17, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
this show really isn't that bad. I'm sure the MC will change eventually.

Safe to conclude that this shit is miles better than m3 and Captain Planet.

Jul 17, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
i like mech animes like this
Jul 17, 2014 3:31 PM

Dec 2012
Tokimune needs some development. Hoping he would operate Argevollen much better next fight.
Jul 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
Usually I'm pretty lenient when it comes to characters with flaws at the start of the show, but Tokimune, although he saved those retreating soldiers, disobeyed an order that was issued to protect the retreating forces as a whole. He should either court-matrialed, severely warned, or bitch slapped into shape.

Other than that, this episode showed some of Lieutenant Samonji's ability to calculate and devise a plan, to even accommodate of a subordinate's lack of discipline. Good episode.
Jul 17, 2014 3:50 PM

May 2012
11:52 nice scenery

21:31 Kotomine!!!

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 17, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2010
I'm enjoying it so far yes, but Jaime is still annoying as hell for me. Also, who was the voice actor of the new blond guy?
Jul 17, 2014 5:56 PM

Jan 2014
Akanezora said:
I'm enjoying it so far yes, but Jaime is still annoying as hell for me. Also, who was the voice actor of the new blond guy?

Sakurai Takahiro
Jul 17, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
Still fine with Tokimune, I don't know how you can knock him for acting on impulse to save six or seven men. It's just how he is. I fully expect him to act against orders when it's to save lives that he is capable of saving due to his capable machine.

Hello Jamie Hazadonk

Akanezora said:
Was it not http://myanimelist.net/people/79/Takahiro_Sakurai?
Jul 17, 2014 8:29 PM

Mar 2014
If the MC didn't have that unique super mech and had one of those shitty regular ones he'd be completely screwed with insubordination...
Jul 17, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2013
nice ass :p and that action was intense
Jul 17, 2014 8:47 PM

Nov 2012
Phoenix1220 said:
If the MC didn't have that unique super mech and had one of those shitty regular ones he'd be completely screwed with insubordination...

He wouldve died in this episode if he was in a normal mech. That ace pilot dude from the other nation was getting the better of him in his normal-ish mech, so the Argevollen was the only reason Tokimune was able to survive for that long in that battle..but then, if tokimune would have stayed in a normal mech, toki could have died way earlier in the series, or maybe he'd be less of a dumb ass. Probably his most recent actions are heavily influinced by the fact that he has an overpowered mecha.

It's hard for me to know what to do with this series, especially because this episode was a little better than the previous 2, and the next episode will be a change of pace and I assume a good bit different from the first 3 episodes.

Right now I feel like its a very average mecha show, so around 5-6 range. It's not particularly bad, but I have yet to see anything to really capture my interest either. Since their is a change of tone starting with the next episode, I'll give this series 5 episodes instead of the usual 3 to determine if I drop it or not.
midnightbladeJul 17, 2014 8:53 PM
Jul 17, 2014 9:07 PM

Apr 2009
Well I'm dropping it. Super generic mech show with prettymuch nothing noteworthy about it. The battles also look like ass.
Jul 17, 2014 9:31 PM
Oct 2010
To be honest, the MC is really god damn annoying. What I did like was that the captain did not alter his plans to save the MC. He only helped the MC when he reached a certain point.
Jul 18, 2014 1:37 AM
Feb 2014
will (try to) keep go until eps 6, the animation is of course far worse vs aldnoah, MC is annoying (but it's better than emotionless aldnoah MC), side chara is ok
Jul 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
Very nice. Full introduction of the enemy ace, and that purging was delicious.

Everything's continuing nicely, and while it might be wrong of our MC to run off - it certainly stays in character.

Impressed with the lack of character drama - let's blow those rocks now, shall we?
Oh look, they sealed the passage. Just 2-3 weeks to clear it - no biggie.

Now that the initial hurdle has been done, a lot hinges on what theater of war the anime is going to take us. Will we get high-politics? Coup detats and conspiracies? Roll-out of new mechs? Hard to say.
Jul 18, 2014 2:29 AM
Sep 2013
Something I like about this show is that both sides are given sympathetic lights, rather than bad guys and good guys or allies and enemies, its more like humans and humans. Its the kind of thing you see in more mature war stories like "Legend of the Galactic Heroes."

Another thing is that unlike your typical shonen idiots or character types, the characters here actually act pretty logical; the only possible exception is the main character. I'm bashing him or anything, not at all, its just that he's kinda like your typical rash youthful protagonist. Actually, this may be a good thing, if he's just gonna follow orders like any old soldier rather than being proactive in his beliefs, he would just be any boring run of mill person like you and me.
Jul 18, 2014 4:17 AM

Aug 2013
For 2-cour shows, it's best to do away with the 3-episode rule but instead look at it as 1/4 series rule (you know like how 3 eps is 1/4 of a 1-cour show). Usually the "woah" episodes happen in episode 5-7 so sticking around until the 6th is better :p

Still this is going to be tough if the MC stays as an annoying idiot until then.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 18, 2014 5:08 AM
Mar 2008
The MC is this series' downfall.
Jul 18, 2014 7:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really don't get why so many people hate this with a passion and yet a lot of other garbage out there is much more highly rated. Yes, the budget for this must have been negligible by the sight and sound of the animation and sound effects (those big heavy mofo's sound like popguns for God's sake!), but we have a decent war story were no one exhibits magical powers and the MC actually flees in the face of danger. Generic it is not (when do shounen hero's ever turn tail like that?!).

The MC is a bit of a blank slate. He has 21 more episodes to grow as a pilot and as a character. And I like that the officers are not all screaming their lungs out like in other shows.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

194 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 8, 2017 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.