Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 11:54 PM

Feb 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's over, the struggles, the pains, the loses, the lives saved, drifted, or forgotten, they've all spiraled into this point, yet more spiral together beyond them, in a place where we, the reader, can only imagine they lead to. Now we say goodbye, to the brave, confused, hurt, and loving officers of Jiraishin, it was a wild ride, some more interesting than others, but always intriguing in the end, t'ill next time.
Sep 14, 2014 12:44 AM

Mar 2010
So...where does a person's soul resides?
Jun 6, 2015 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
I really liked the series, it was strangely appealing, especially the protagonist, Ida. He was, well, unusual for a protagonist, in the end I felt like I knew him, but in actuality I know nothing about him. I would've liked to know more, but at the same time, I don't. I like how he's so mysterious, yet not completely transparent.

There are a few things I don't like about this series,
- The ending to most if not every cases, where the author chose to left it ambiguous, for some cases it might be alright, or even strengthened, but some begs for some explanation.

- Too many rape cases, either attempt rape, rape victim, raped daughter, etc..

- A few cases felt pointless, and just uninteresting all around. There's one case, it's about a family, and how they must bear a heir for the grandpa, in the end, both the mother and the daughter let the grandpa screw them so that they could bear a heir for the lineage, and it ended with the grandpa dying after the daughter agreed to let him screw her, and Eriko watched how the grandpa screw her granddaughter and did nothing. What I don't understand is, why would the daughter agreed to let him sleep with her, imo that's just stupid.

The series started fine, and grew stronger over time, however, somehow lost direction in the last few cases, I think it started with the case with the taiwan triad, where the wife was a taoist or something.

The last few chapters, starting from Eriko's marriage, those were really weird, felt really off. Atsuko died, donated her heart to an assassin, Atsuko's father went crazy over the heart acceptor, got killed off, Eriko's husband got killed, she got a weird stalker all of the sudden, Atsuko was revealed to have loved Ida all these time, etc.

The art was good, but it suffers from a syndrome a lot of manga share, where some of the characters looked the same, especially the women. I can't deny they look good though.

The series was good while it lasted, for most of the part. Now heading into the sequel. too bad the scanlation apparently stopped. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2019 4:17 AM

Jan 2017
Loved it- from starting to end. I loved that this series doesn't dabble too much into emotions or 'nakama' thingy that plagues other series. An ambiguous, an unknown past and ice cold nature while dealing with criminals with good artwork; this manga was good read.

ToG25thBaam said:
too bad the scanlation apparently stopped. ):

They have finished the scans I think.
May 22, 2019 6:02 AM

Jun 2011
Synchronisity said:
i think you're right, just checked and there are 19 chapters out, on MAL it is stated that it ended with 19 chapters. Thanks for notifying me!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
Synchronisity said:
i think you're right, just checked and there are 19 chapters out, on MAL it is stated that it ended with 19 chapters. Thanks for notifying me!

No problemo. I started this Monday and managed to finish it within this week itself. Loved the series.
Oct 14, 2022 2:47 PM

Oct 2011
yeah i think i expected more coming in since ppl i knew spoke highly of this series in the past

but i found it completely uninteresting and like only 2 cases felt somewhat intriguing to me

5/10

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 1, 2023 11:31 AM

Dec 2008
Such an underrated noir manga, loved every bit of it. Would be curious to know the future of Iida and Eriko tho
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 4 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 26, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 66 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Jul 15, 2014

1 by Omegaax »»
Jan 12, 2021 1:27 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 2 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 26, 2009

1 by Confucius »»
Sep 17, 2020 4:24 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 47 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Jul 12, 2014

1 by MDLegs »»
Nov 12, 2018 6:02 AM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 1 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 20, 2009

1 by Teckmeister »»
Aug 1, 2015 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.