Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
Crap, they did not animate Death Note!
Jul 15, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2013
i like the atmosphere alluka brings, and the ability is definitely creative, but wishing abilities always have plot holes and are kinda annoying when people don't take advantage. i wish they'd thought up a different way to cure gon.

also, what's the deal with traps on this show? alluka, pitou, and now i just found out that kalluto is a dude too. it doesn't bring anything, it's just annoying.
Jul 15, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
1idd0kun said:
LLawlied said:

Um..he's not transgender either. Simply a boy who looks & acts feminine

No, if Killua refers to her as female, it means she sees herself as female as well. Otherwise Killua would not address her that way. He's the only one who shows respect for her after all. I think that a pretty big clue that she's truly transgender.

Ah, my bad. Somehow I mistaken transgender for transsexual (who has undergone surgery or some sort)
Jul 15, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2009
Viltsu300 said:
cronosteso23 said:
ep 5/5

Kalluto is a boy
BUT Alluka is a girl

Nope. Alluka is boy too

Biologically, yes. Her personality is female though.
Jul 15, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2007
redcobrawr said:
I've had the same question when reading this in the manga..
Why didn't killua just wish that the king died?

That wish would have been more massive than anything that Alluka had ever granted. As such, there is no telling what the price would have been for the next person that saw Alluka...refusal could have meant the death of millions. Basically, if Killua requested that wish he would have effectively guaranteed that no one would ever be allowed to visit Alluka again (this is only my interpretation of course).
Jul 15, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
You could see how upset Killua was getting every time he walked through a locked door to get to Alluka
Jul 15, 2014 2:33 PM
Apr 2013
my post disappeared.. what the..

alluka's nice and creative, but wishing powers always ask for plot holes and are annoying when people don't take advantage of them. i honestly wish they'd thought of a different way to cure gon.

also, what's the deal with traps on this show. pitou, alluka, and i just found out kalluto's a dude. it brings nothing, it's just annoying.
Jul 15, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2011
Wow, they will repeat that poll as many times more? kkkk
Finally, Alluka appeared! One of my favorite HxH characters.
And omg, young Illumi's hair! XD only recognized him by his eyes.

EDIT: What the heck is happening with MAL?
Sky345Jul 15, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 15, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
Anarei said:
insan3Spectre said:
Pretty good stuff, I guess anyone who was hoping things would be a bit "brighter" in this arc got their wishes properly dashed in this episode. My only real complaint is something I've always kind of had a problem with in the series aside from late CA, some of the OST's didn't fit the scenes imo.
Really? I didn't think they sounded out of place. :o

Oh! HxH's ranked 10th now.

Well, I kind of exaggerated there. It was the one when Alluka's eyes first turned black, I like the track itself it's just I've never really been to big on how it starts out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
guyuz said:

alluka's nice and creative, but wishing powers always ask for plot holes and are annoying when people don't take advantage of them. i honestly wish they'd thought of a different way to cure gon.

also, what's the deal with traps on this show. pitou, alluka, and i just found out kalluto's a dude. it brings nothing, it's just annoying.

I think it was clearly established as to why you can't wish anything and anytime....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 15, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2010
that was great, i love alluka ♥ i can't wait to see her in the next episode
Jul 15, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
guyuz said:

1. The process of how Alluka grants wishes has many rules and conditions that the family knows about, and some they don't.

2. Pitou wasn't a trap, and the way Alluka is handled can't be just nodded off with "it brings nothing". They actually take it seriously, instead of a bad joke or some fan service.
Jul 15, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
insan3Spectre said:
Well, I kind of exaggerated there. It was the one when Alluka's eyes first turned black, I like the track itself it's just I've never really been to big on how it starts out.
Ah, you're right. They should have cut out that first bit..

Jul 15, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
An awesome episode though as usual from HxH!!! Alluka is awesome and I like her power, clearly that is a Nen power that has been subconsciously developed (like Komugi's power).

Also why no one is mentioning that at last we saw that Gon's power was indeed vows and limitations as stated by Killua in this episode. Not only that but also that if someone removes that restriction it means most likely death for the one removing it??? I guess the ass pull claims can stop now...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 15, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2013
guyuz said:

Just keep watching. A great deal of this arc's conflict and plot comes from everyone's reactions in regards to this power. Some, of course, are looking to take advantage of it. Others want to prevent it from being taken advantage of. Others take a completely different course of action.

Also, the rules haven't really been fully explained yet. Once they are you'll see why this hasn't been exploited to death.

That's really all I can say without spoiling too much.
Jul 15, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 2010
redcobrawr said:

Pretty good episode tho!

I assume because he didn't want anyone random to die. Remember when Alluka grants a wish there's an outcome/price, and the bigger the wish, the bigger the price.
Jul 15, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
Woah that's pretty startling, very nice Madhouse..!
Keep moving forward
Jul 15, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Ah! So they have now introduced God into the anime.

A new character is always welcome, and the situation is definitely intriguing. Pariston's smile is growing on me. How could you not trust that face?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 15, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
Alluka's power is pretty interesting. His wish granting mode is just creepy. I wonder what happens if you don't reply to his requests and just stay silent? Or would you still die?
Jul 15, 2014 3:27 PM
Nov 2013
Wyzdm said:
At first I thought it might've been a nen ability but she wouldn't have know how to use nen at such a young age. Oh well I'm sure we'll get an explanation later on.

Might still be nen, something similar to Neon's prediction ability - the one Chrollo stole. That ability was also extremely powerful.

On a different note, curious how Silva says Alluka came from somewhere else. Could be she's really not Killua's sibling but something else, at least in part.
Jul 15, 2014 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Finally Alluka appears and the flashback showing her abilities is just as dark as I remember it. Also I love the little details like when Killua was playing darts, it was a nice little call-back to episode 101 when Killua explained how he managed to beat the Ortho siblings, I love little details like that
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jul 15, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Well, this arc just got interesting as hell. That exploding butler's face out of nowhere was crazy! I was kind of expecting something to happen, but that just literally came out of nowhere... and it was so detailed! That was a pretty nasty scream from when after Alluka asked for that woman's brain too.

This series does horror better in single episodes than I've seen in most pure horror anime.
Jul 15, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2011
Ophis said:
Alluka's power is pretty interesting. His wish granting mode is just creepy. I wonder what happens if you don't reply to his requests and just stay silent? Or would you still die?

I suggest you wait until the end of this arc before looking for answers. Don't worry, this power will be almost thoroughly explained.
Jul 15, 2014 3:37 PM
Mar 2013
a character that can cure gon is miraculously introduced

talk about plot convenience and asspulls
Jul 15, 2014 3:38 PM

Feb 2014
JD2411 said:

It was hintet at from the start of the series.
Jul 15, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
i dont know why everyone assumes alluka is a boy just because a couple of the zoldycs refer to him as a boy. same deal for kalluto as well. ive got a different theory. the zoldys whether boy or girl are raised as boys. maybe it has something to do with familys job idk, but i got a couple reasons why i think alluka and kalluto are girls. kalluto imo has the most chance of actually being a boy.
1.) its never been confirmed once that either are boys other than illumi and milluki saying they are their brothers. if you can prove otherwise go on ahead. ive read the manga like 6 times so i doubt you will.
2.)and this imo is the most telling clue. buts its a very minor spoiler so read with caution
and yes i guess you could interpret that as killua respecting alluka but previous to killuas statement none of the butlers said anything about her being a boy. imo thats togashis way of letting you know this is a girl.
3.)NO ONE outside the family ever ever ever refers to kalluto or alluka as a boy. hmmmm......

Im not saying im right but everyone who says for a fact that alluka is a boy is full of it. theres no concrete evidence proving it either way. so im gonna go ahead and refer to them as girls until someone can prove me wrong :D
Jul 15, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
JD2411 said:

There always been 5 children in the Zoldyck family, chapter 39:
http://i3.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/39/hunter-x-hunter-324033.jpg

In the anime, there is also that during the old Zoldyck arc:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120318043242/hunterxhunter/images/thumb/d/d4/Zoldyck_Family.PNG/270px-Zoldyck_Family.PNG

And we already saw this picture during Feitan vs Zazan:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121010191327/hunterxhunter/images/thumb/2/20/Zoldyck_sons_-_anime.jpg/260px-Zoldyck_sons_-_anime.jpg

We know her name since the beginning:
Illumi > Milluki > Killua > Alluka > Kalluto
Jul 15, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2014
Not to mention,

Illu(mi)llu(ki)llu(a)llu(ka)lluto.

All five brothers.
This was definitely in Togashi's mins since the Zoldyck arc at least.
Jul 15, 2014 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
Alluka's voice is as cute as I imagined.

HNNNNGGG <3
Jul 15, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
Maybe he's saying that it is kind of convenient that there would be someone with the abillity to heal Gon like this. And, yeah, maybe that's true. But, Alluka's ability is so well thought out that I don't really see the problem here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
Until dear onii sama~ happens

killua you lucky bastard
Jul 15, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Maybe he's saying that it is kind of convenient that there would be someone with the abillity to heal Gon like this. And, yeah, maybe that's true. But, Alluka's ability is so well thought out that I don't really see the problem here.

Yeah but it most certainly wasnt out of nowhere, and recent chapters do make 335 seem more understandable though
Jul 15, 2014 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
That alluka kid is so creppy and cute at the same time. :3 5/5 Great episode!

Jul 15, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
TonyTonyStark said:
insan3Spectre said:

Yeah but it most certainly wasnt out of nowhere, and recent chapters do make 335 seem more understandable though

Yep, definitely. I agree. Recent chapters have indeed made me feel better about this.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
JD2411 said:

alluka was hinted from the start of the series and alluka will be explained further in the manga
Cty Best mid
Jul 15, 2014 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Killua looked so cute as a child *-*

Cheadle is still ugly as fuck.
Jul 15, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
http://i.imgur.com/CI4zvGv.gif killua as a kid haha
Cty Best mid
Jul 15, 2014 4:15 PM

May 2014
Alluka's power is scary as fuck.
That scene where the butler was squashed made my stomach do backflips.
I'm wondering what requests she's gonna give killua.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 15, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
Holy Crap
Jul 15, 2014 4:34 PM

Dec 2013
iLostReason said:
Seriously HxH, stop dropping my jaw on the floor all the time, it kinda hurts...
Hands down the best anime i ever watched.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 15, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
embracebuddha said:
i dont know why everyone assumes alluka is a boy just because a couple of the zoldycs refer to him as a boy. same deal for kalluto as well. ive got a different theory. the zoldys whether boy or girl are raised as boys. maybe it has something to do with familys job idk, but i got a couple reasons why i think alluka and kalluto are girls. kalluto imo has the most chance of actually being a boy.
1.) its never been confirmed once that either are boys other than illumi and milluki saying they are their brothers. if you can prove otherwise go on ahead. ive read the manga like 6 times so i doubt you will.
2.)and this imo is the most telling clue. buts its a very minor spoiler so read with caution
and yes i guess you could interpret that as killua respecting alluka but previous to killuas statement none of the butlers said anything about her being a boy. imo thats togashis way of letting you know this is a girl.
3.)NO ONE outside the family ever ever ever refers to kalluto or alluka as a boy. hmmmm......

Im not saying im right but everyone who says for a fact that alluka is a boy is full of it. theres no concrete evidence proving it either way. so im gonna go ahead and refer to them as girls until someone can prove me wrong :D

You're just totally making up your own headcanon ("girls are raised as boys") to support your view, and that's just stretching it. Such "setting" was never mentioned in the manga, it's always stated as "Zoldyck has Five Sons." I take that as it is.

First let's get with the 'official' statement (ala Publisher, Jump, Madhouse) out of the way:

In the official Data book, it's same as the manga: Zoldyck has five Sons.

Alluka is describe as the 4th brother who has yet to appear.
Kalluto is describe as "A boy (shounen) who wears Kimono"
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1buhh&s=5

And in the last month JUMP, Alluka is described "The fourth son in the family". The word is 'male' (男), and when you combine with four it refers to (fourth son), Son. Male. there's no ambiguity whatsoever.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/18/latest-preview-of-next-hunter-x-hunter-anime-arc-designs

Then to your bullet points:

1) The butlers called Alluka as Bo-chan "坊ちゃん" , which literally translated as "Young Master", and it's used specifically for male children.
http://www.wordsense.eu/坊っちゃん/
Again there's no gender neutral nor ambiguity in this word, it's only used for male .

Then later on:

2) Your so-called telling clue is more a telling clue on the reverse:

3) The Phantom Trope never refer to Kalluto as a girl either (just 'a strange child'). Either of them haven't met too much outside people.

To sum it up (with canon only):

The databook, Jump, anime setting called both Alluka and Kalluto male. No ambiguity word use. Clear stated as 'male', 'son." So now it's your own made-up headcanon against Official statement.

Zoldyck family: Mom, Illumi, Milluki callled Alluka (and Kalluto) as 'he', 'younger brother'.

Killua has to use
kcacoJul 15, 2014 4:46 PM
Jul 15, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
I'm quite anxious to know what Alluka will request of Killua. Seeing as how Alluka is willing to grant Killua a wish in the preview, Killua was able to fulfill them.
Jul 15, 2014 4:52 PM
Feb 2011
TonyTonyStark said:
JD2411 said:

It was hintet at from the start of the series.

The brother. Not the wish full willing deus ex device
Jul 15, 2014 4:52 PM
Mar 2009
FlareStar101 said:
iLostReason said:
Seriously HxH, stop dropping my jaw on the floor all the time, it kinda hurts...

Agreed.

I haven't read ahead or anything, so this is my guess based on what they told us so far:

Illumi wants to kill Kalluto in order to prevent Killua from risking the wishes,
although I don't know why he would hate Kalluto,
it may be that he used the needle earlier to help safeguard Killua,
perhaps from Alluka's power.

Alluka has such a power that living within normal society would have been dangerous;
even living within the highly strict environment of the Zs was dangerous, so, perhaps all there is to it is that Illumi wants to prevent Killua from interacting with Alluka, and he used a mind control technique/needle to prevent Killua from even remembering her until recently.

As for Gon, yes, he used a vow that he would bet his life on the battle with ... that Royal Guard that he fought to get revenge for Kite... it doesn't have to be formal, only, emotional, intense, intentional. The implicit limitation was that he would sacrifice everything, including his future.

On a slightly mythological level, the Asura path aged him due to the overwhelming amount of wrath his body endured. In his case, it was wrath directed outwards, but in the case of the wolf guy facing the King, it was fear-based wrath that he received emotionally and physically into his aura that aged his body.

So, even with wishing, I think Gon's life can be saved, it might just be a matter of infusing aura basically, but how to do it when Gon barely has the will to live left (resigned to die in battle) is a harder problem. The reason why removing the vow/limitation would kill him, is that an remaining Nen is fighting the residual/afterlife Nen of his enemy, similar to how the red-eyes guy was going, so if you remove the vow, you remove his protection. Maybe.

Well, that is my conjecture... this is a great anime and I'm anxious to see who Kalluto is and why Illumi has some sort of grudge against him.

Also, I vote Mr. Bean-face guy for new chairman of the Hunters' Association XD
Jul 15, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
D5 said:
FlareStar101 said:

Agreed.

I haven't read ahead or anything, so this is my guess based on what they told us so far:

Illumi wants to kill Kalluto in order to prevent Killua from risking the wishes,
although I don't know why he would hate Kalluto,
it may be that he used the needle earlier to help safeguard Killua,
perhaps from Alluka's power.

Alluka has such a power that living within normal society would have been dangerous;
even living within the highly strict environment of the Zs was dangerous, so, perhaps all there is to it is that Illumi wants to prevent Killua from interacting with Alluka, and he used a mind control technique/needle to prevent Killua from even remembering her until recently.

As for Gon, yes, he used a vow that he would bet his life on the battle with ... that Royal Guard that he fought to get revenge for Kite... it doesn't have to be formal, only, emotional, intense, intentional. The implicit limitation was that he would sacrifice everything, including his future.

On a slightly mythological level, the Asura path aged him due to the overwhelming amount of wrath his body endured. In his case, it was wrath directed outwards, but in the case of the wolf guy facing the King, it was fear-based wrath that he received emotionally and physically into his aura that aged his body.

So, even with wishing, I think Gon's life can be saved, it might just be a matter of infusing aura basically, but how to do it when Gon barely has the will to live left (resigned to die in battle) is a harder problem. The reason why removing the vow/limitation would kill him, is that an remaining Nen is fighting the residual/afterlife Nen of his enemy, similar to how the red-eyes guy was going, so if you remove the vow, you remove his protection. Maybe.

Well, that is my conjecture... this is a great anime and I'm anxious to see who Kalluto is and why Illumi has some sort of grudge against him.

Also, I vote Mr. Bean-face guy for new chairman of the Hunters' Association XD
Great post and theories!, agreed with most of it. Illumi looks exactly like Light in those flashbacks xD, i'm so excited for the next ep. As always, Togashi and MADHouse delivering unparelleled writting and quality.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 15, 2014 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
TonyTonyStark said:
redcobrawr said:

Pretty good episode tho!

Because failing to follow the next three requests would probably have ended man kind?
Killing the most powerful being sounds kinda like a big wish, don't ya think?

Manga spoilers

LOVE the forwshadowings in this episode.

Looks like Alluka is the most powerful being in HxH universe, not the King
Jul 15, 2014 4:59 PM

Jul 2013
Illumi said he wanted to kill Alluka.
Kalluto is the Zoldyck in the phantom troupe
Jul 15, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
Alluka's nen is .... That backlash of just getting a large amount of money.
Alluka's request for the organs was creepy, yet I liked it o.o
A bit curious why Alluka never makes a request with the family. Probably to keep them from harm's way.
To deny four request and having that result, it is a little hard to swallow.
This got quite interesting with the introduction of Alluka.
Jul 15, 2014 5:19 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
umm..all I say to this episode is. "what the fck?" O_O
Jul 15, 2014 5:38 PM

Mar 2014
They didn't show the Death Note reference like in the manga.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - 1 hour ago

7 by LuFFY-Itachi »»
4 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.