Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 14, 2014 11:56 PM

May 2011
lonelysphinx said:
arpayokai said:
What's the name of the song that was playing in the hug scene?

this is also something im trying to figure out. its really good and i would like to know.

It's not really a song, It's an OST. I think you need to wait until they publish them somewhere.
Jul 15, 2014 12:02 AM
Apr 2009
lonelysphinx said:
arpayokai said:
What's the name of the song that was playing in the hug scene?

this is also something im trying to figure out. its really good and i would like to know.

It's called "I will" by Chelsy. It's the insert song for the anime =)
Jul 15, 2014 12:39 AM
Feb 2013
I think they could have done the animation a tiny bit better - especially the backgrounds. That being said, I'm loving the adaption! The pacing of the show is really good - they've managed to make it really cute and really exciting at the same time. Looking forward to next ep :)
Jul 15, 2014 12:49 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Batafurai said:

This has been bothering me for a while now, but the character animation for their noses sometimes, especially when their head is tilted on a particular angle, do their noses appear a bit - long. But, that was overcome by a beautiful "Futa-ou" moment - squeal!

You mean the "Koutaba" moment :P I'm pretty sure that's the usual pairing name. But anyways, I do agree that the noses are a little weird at times, I don't think they look as awkward in the manga though the anime is doing a really job with the art style. Oh yeah but I also really like the ad break image too! It's so cute~ And Kou with a kitty!
Jul 15, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2010
Aww man, it keeps getting better. Really nice ep, my fangirl mode went overdrive. And the music's still very good and fitting.

I was really sceptical about how the character designs would translate into an anime but they've done really good job so far
Jul 15, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2011
I think there were a lot of other hearts going doki-doki besides Futaba's at that sudden hug and drawing into Kou's shoulder to hide her tears. Looks like we've got most of the characters assembled even though they haven't totally crossed paths yet. I'm getting a feeling that this is just the first season and they aren't going to rush through it (although it seems liked we've lapped the first cour of Kimi ni Todoke already). Is the sensei Kou's brother? They certainly seem to look alike and they do share Kou's original last name (undoubtedly family drama to come at some point).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 15, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
You know there are two possibilities that would happen if I show this anime to a girl:

One is that they'd think I'm such a romantic for watching this kind of thing OR they could say "eeww you watch this cheesy romance?".

Such a dilemma. I'm sure all the hopeless romantic out there squealed when Kou hugged Futaba.
Jul 15, 2014 2:37 AM

Mar 2011
Aaaah that was such a good episode.
Jul 15, 2014 3:02 AM

May 2011
MoeGod said:
You know there are two possibilities that would happen if I show this anime to a girl:

One is that they'd think I'm such a romantic for watching this kind of thing OR they could say "eeww you watch this cheesy romance?".

Such a dilemma. I'm sure all the hopeless romantic out there squealed when Kou hugged Futaba.

Yeah, it all depends on their personality and characteristics.
Jul 15, 2014 3:09 AM
Jul 2014
this episode was so good,i keep replaying at tanaka hide crying futaba *w* and i love so much the insert song
Jul 15, 2014 3:15 AM
Feb 2013
So much better than the previous episode
kcuf
Jul 15, 2014 4:11 AM

Sep 2013
Anyone know the song that was playing at the hug scene?
Jul 15, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2013
t_aaandy said:

In case you didn't check the previous posts above, It's answered already, It's titled "I will" by chelsy :)
Jul 15, 2014 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
Kumaken said:
t_aaandy said:

In case you didn't check the previous posts above, It's answered already, It's titled "I will" by chelsy :)

Oh, my bad, too much excitement in me that I forgot. Thank you!
Jul 15, 2014 4:30 AM

Dec 2010
That was a great episode. Kou's really actually cool and not just a d-bag, doing whatever he wants. Futaba was really cool as well, saying honestly to her friends what she thinks of them.

This is seriously one of the best titiles I've watched lately, I hope the quality will keep at this level.
Jul 15, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
Didn't know shoujo anime would be entertaining to watch :O

That hug doe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2014 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Wow! Great opening. I loving this it's very cute and calm.

I really thought at first they didn't include the cops and robbers scene but they put it in the 2nd episode (that was really great!) the scene is very significant to the plot and there's no way that they will not include it. (aside from that, I saw it on the pv, I forgot). I love those faces that Futaba is making xD hahaha! it's funny. THAT SCENE! IT"S VERY CUTE (when Kou hide Futaba's crying face) THAT'S MY FAVORITE SCENE! AND THE INSERT SONG IS BEAUTIFUL :)
Yuuri's first appearance (she's very cute and her voice fitting her character also Shuuko's and Kominato. The group is forming! I can't wait for the next episode.

"It's better to be friends with those people who accept your true nature." new friendship for Futaba. :D
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Jul 15, 2014 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
That hug scene was sweet. And I like how Futaba admitted what she really thinks instead of playing friendship.
Jul 15, 2014 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
In the follow up to what the first episode promised, this one didn't disappoint in the slightest. Albeit somewhat confusing at certain times (I'm still not really sure what was that "cutesy girl"'s deal), this episode was great. Kou grabbing Futaba out of the blue like that was so sappy it almost made me want to puke rainbows and puppies, but it was really adorable and well done from Production IG, definitely my favorite scene from this episode.

I don't really like the OP, maybe it'll grow on me eventually, but so far I prefer the ED.

Jul 15, 2014 7:34 AM
May 2013
So good so far!!!
I love the insert song playing during the hug. ugh but i searched it up and it doesn't come out until 9/24..
^ is it just me who feels like i've heard a song with a similar tune in another anime?
Jul 15, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
GREAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, FINALLY! That's all I need every episode.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
I still don't get it. Is it the art? The music? Or are the characters presented a bit differently? Anyway I don't know why, but I like the anime so much more. The opening and ending are beautiful (the ending song is so relaxing )! You can really feel that they put a lot of effort into creating this anime.

I really hope the quality stays like this. I hope the future episodes will stay so close to the manga like the episodes do now! The cops and rubbers scene and Kou hugging Futaba to hide her tears were just too good :)!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jul 15, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
An anime about the friendship, the love and the personnality.
I like these 3 things to grow up upcoming !

5/5
Jul 15, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
Futaba's so fun to watch :3

I lol'ed so hard
Great episode, Y u so cute Makita-chan?!
Can't wait for more ;_;
Jul 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Were Makita's eyebrows always that big
Jul 15, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Yay! They put in the cops and robbers scene!

Beautiful episode.
Seeing Makita-san in animation...she strangely reminds me of Komugi from HxH. Just get that vibe from her.

Gah, that scene when Kou hides Futaba's tears (which left me fangirling for like 20 minutes in the manga)...I had to pause and let the moment soak in. Just so beautiful. Grrr, stupid shoujo anime makes me wanna see my boyfriend. >.>

The issue of Makita's cuteness being "fake"...really reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.
It's from Maurice Ravel: "Does it not occur to people that I might be artificial by nature?"
Everybody always says "be yourself," and while we have some set personalities, we also act different to everyone around us. I act cuter with guys than I would with girls too, but I don't think that's a bad thing. You just want to be liked - everyone does.
It's an interesting topic.

Can't wait for next week!

I love that quote by Maurice Ravel, thanks for sharing!.

On topic: I really enjoy the character appearances and art so far. Kou especially has taken the spotlight of the anime. I'm glad that there is progress going on, if Futaba kept pretending to be friends with those two girls, I don't know how long I'd be able to stand it. I noticed a lot of the male leads in Shoujo are attractive, while the other male characters all look similar / seem to have less effort put into their appeal.
Jul 15, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Was expecting they'd put in the cops & robbers scene. Didn't disappoint.

Checked the character page and I'm a bit worried now because Touma and Tachibana showed up.... Considering the pacing of this show currently (we haven't even finished the first arc yet) and the fact that it's a 1 cour, I have my doubts as to how much they are gonna skip to make this work... Even worse would be an anime-original ending, which would totally suck.

Hopefully the manga arc will be resolved in time for the end of this show (assuming that it ends at the same place, even if the manga continues). Given the pacing though... I'm not sure it'll happen....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 15, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2008
Manga readers please try to focus and enjoy anime,
without thinking and spoil everyone about manga.

Let's enjoy like you don't have idea what's going happen next.

Ok?
Jul 15, 2014 2:17 PM
Sep 2013
I am so glad that there is no creepy mushroom in this anime
Jul 15, 2014 2:46 PM

Dec 2011
I love how they put various color pages from manga in the OP.
And for the episode, it was really entertaining! Loved the hug. Aww everything's so cute in this anime.
Jul 15, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
Tanaka-sensei seriously looks like he belongs in Haikyuu!!

Another good episode! Keep 'em comin', Production I.G.
Jul 15, 2014 9:11 PM

Nov 2010
aikakatekishi said:
"This shoujo shit makes me feel really good~~"

Most relatable quote 2014.

So far I get the same kind of giddy, fuzzy, awesome feelings from this anime as I did from Kimi Ni Todoke (RIP 3rd season, we will miss you), and if it continues that way it will be the best 2014 anime for me, hands down. Plus, Futaba is wayyyy more interesting than Sawako!

Fingers crossed!
Jul 15, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
This ep gave me all the feels again. Love the hug scene
Jul 15, 2014 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
fingers crossed for ntr tho I highly doubt. Man shoujo is a weird genre
Jul 16, 2014 12:22 AM

May 2010
Cops and robbers scene, hell yeah. Too bad, Futaba didn't mention how she likes the shape of his neck. Well they did put the spotlight there so can't be helped.

I can't believe the OP is by Honeyworks, I love their songs! Also the OP has such a great Kou/Futaba scene near its end, just awesome.

I somehow like Yuuri a lot better in anime. Futaba taking her side and her saying "At your face!" was really nice. Just leave those disgusting friends, Futaba. BGM was really nice there. That insert job was put again, I really liked it.

I liked her reason for calling him Kou. I liked her resolve as well, I am glad she found a true friend.

Now that's my OTP.

Another amazing episode and I just fell in love with the ED (and OP)
Jul 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
Great, so all the people who were whining about the "cops and robbers" scene not being in the first doggone episode are satisfied yes?
Jul 16, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
Cute episode. I'm really excited for Murao to come in the picture. I like it the best when all 3 girls are together.
Jul 16, 2014 3:45 AM

Apr 2012
This episode made me feel good ^.^
Jul 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
i like where this is heading. great anime, hope it stays that way 5/5
Jul 16, 2014 7:37 AM

Oct 2012
No comment...This anime is the best! I'm glad watch this anime. The romance, feeling beautifully mixed together. I have feeling friendship, sensation, triangle-love will grow stronger. But i learn new moral from this anime. definitely good! Kou x Futaba FTW ;')

10/10
Jul 16, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode, Kou embracing Futaba was heart-warming. Also had a nice background music to suit the scene too. There's something about the art design that I enjoy about the series, must be the colours.

Liked that Futaba finally got in the faces of those two (names escaped me) who continuously trash talked Yuuri. Good development for her character

Jul 16, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
Her 'friends' are the type of characters I hate most.

Haven't read the manga. Should I? Usually the manga is much better, right?
Jul 16, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2010
That HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG when they hugged.
Damn, I love this show already.
Jul 16, 2014 11:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
emxutaxmine said:

Haven't read the manga. Should I? Usually the manga is much better, right?

Read it for the full experience, at least after the anime ends since the manga is still ongoing :D
Jul 16, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
great episode, especially when Kou hide Futaba's cry

it's still confusing what Kou is thinking, can anyone explain? i don't really understand, did he hate her or not? or somekind of trauma from the past to like Futaba again?
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 16, 2014 12:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode had a lot to show.
- Futaba hugging Kou
- Futaba telling off her two so called friends
- Futaba talking to the lonely girl

Jul 16, 2014 12:44 PM
Jul 2012
Yukine n Hiyorin~ (Noragami) hahahaha

That hug O///w///O
gave it a try on this anime n i love it!
Kaji Yukki~ <3
Jul 16, 2014 9:52 PM

Jan 2014
fishergirl16 said:
Yay! They put in the cops and robbers scene!

Beautiful episode.
Seeing Makita-san in animation...she strangely reminds me of Komugi from HxH. Just get that vibe from her.

Gah, that scene when Kou hides Futaba's tears (which left me fangirling for like 20 minutes in the manga)...I had to pause and let the moment soak in. Just so beautiful. Grrr, stupid shoujo anime makes me wanna see my boyfriend. >.>

The issue of Makita's cuteness being "fake"...really reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.
It's from Maurice Ravel: "Does it not occur to people that I might be artificial by nature?"
Everybody always says "be yourself," and while we have some set personalities, we also act different to everyone around us. I act cuter with guys than I would with girls too, but I don't think that's a bad thing. You just want to be liked - everyone does.
It's an interesting topic.

Can't wait for next week!
Not sure what was so special about that. I mean it is fine but did not make it too much lively for me.

Episode was nice. That was some good development and interactions. Now let's see how this develops like.
Jul 16, 2014 11:35 PM

Mar 2013
This anime so far is so good. This is my first shoujo anime cuz I am a guy but I like how realistic it is, not just reverse harem like what shoujo usually is. The main girl is really likable and the main guy is cool. I like how she sorts out her "friendship" in this episode.
Jul 16, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2011
Aah. And here I was...expecting Futaba to find Kou with another girl in the end.
Still a good episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.