Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kinda what I expected. OP song was okay and the beginning scenes were exactly what I had thought. They introduced 4 of the main girls so far but more are to come soon. I can't stand Claire's damn voice though.
Stark700Jul 14, 2014 5:36 AM
Jul 14, 2014 5:33 AM
Mar 2014
they change some settings, overall it's still good
Jul 14, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2013
Opening show was good. Look for next episode!
Jul 14, 2014 7:43 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
It was a good first episode. Love the character designs for the girls. I can't wait for Est's appearance and I'm looking forward to hear her voice too! >_<
Jul 14, 2014 7:57 AM

Apr 2013
It's a lot different from my imagination when reading the novels o.o
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jul 14, 2014 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:

That was kinda what I expected. OP song was okay and the beginning scenes were exactly what I had thought. They introduced 4 of the main girls so far but more are to come soon. I can't stand Claire's damn voice though.

Isn't she the same voice actor for Miku in Date A live 2?
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jul 14, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
fear80 said:
Stark700 said:

Miku's VA is Chihara Minori while Claire's VA is Ibuki Kido who voiced Oka Chinami in Golden Time. Coincidentally, Kamito's VA is also the one who voiced Tada Banri in Golden Time.

Jul 14, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
EasyGo-er said:
fear80 said:

Miku's VA is Chihara Minori while Claire's VA is Ibuki Kido who voiced Oka Chinami in Golden Time. Coincidentally, Kamito's VA is also the one who voiced Tada Banri in Golden Time.

Just checked it too, for some reason the opening rant reminded me of miku haha

Finished the episode now props to TNK, they did a great job adapting episode 1.
Jul 14, 2014 9:18 AM

Sep 2013
this was a meh first episode but well matching image color

Jul 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
i waited for this episode since it was announced last august restiaaaaaaa <3
Jul 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty generic start.

Pure maiden=virgin lolis.

Wonder how this'll compare to the LNs which I dropped.

Might regret watching this,but if anything I'll continue watching this solely for it's fanservice.

Can't wait for Est<3.
VanishingKiraJul 14, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2010
typical loli harem with absolutely terrible animation.dropped
Jul 14, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
Yess this is my favorite kind of anime. I love the character designs.
Jul 14, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2014
Hello Fairy Tail with loli fanservice++

Oh wait, that's just a hook.

Rather plainly directed, but nothing too bad either in terms of execution. The MC is showing signs of being the perfect OP Gary Stu already, but I guess he's OK, just bland, but mostly indifferent. Sways around depending on what the plot needs as well.

The script has to play out the LN events, whether it likes it or not. It doesn't so they don't bother explaining the finer details like why did the MC go with her in the first place, why did he show himself? Why is the loli so sexually insecure? Why can't she just dive and not make some steam? These are very easy things to answer and animate, yet the LN has to play out.

And then we get to the girls! This is where the light novel writing wish-fulfillment otaku pandering comes to the forefront. The MC is fine, yet all the girls always bring up "pervert, pervert, you're a pervert!". Claire also treats him like a sex slave, so essentially she's a nymphomaniac loli tsundere, the same can be said for the rest. Queue ecchi comedy for the sake of it!

So our male lead is transferred into a school of nymphomaniacs and principal McTits. Blah bla bla... hook for the plot we'll be dragging out.

2/5 - Not as mind numbingly awful as Bakumatsu Rock, since it introduces believable concepts in a fantasy setting. The problem is the girls, ALL OF THEM!
T3hSourceJul 14, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 14, 2014 10:03 AM

Jun 2013
Been waiting for this for soo long. I actually quite like the opening song used at the start. The voices of the characters so far are very good as well. I really want to see the next episode now,[spoiler]Also looking forward to seeing est
Douglas24Jul 14, 2014 10:07 AM
Jul 14, 2014 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
Im looking forwards to watching this,
I hope this will be like infinite stratos but without the bad characters and bad story.
The animation is okay.... for a casual,
the OP was good, music was fine,
Claire seems like she is going to be annoying and I hope kamito will become more proficient at being a boss and pimp dem bitchez.
All up, pretty sure this gonna be your everyday average anime.... hoping im wrong and it doesnt end up like Seikoku no Dragonar.
zunderdog24Jul 14, 2014 10:11 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 14, 2014 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

I totally loved the characters' designs of the girls. This anime reminded me of the anime "Infinite Stratos."

Kamito is now Claire's contracted spirit.
Jul 14, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was a good episode.

I totally loved the characters' designs of the girls. This reminded me of the anime "Infinite Stratos."

Kamito is now Claire's contracted spirit.

He is? They had to kiss and they didn't kiss, so at least at this point he isn't right?
Jul 14, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
Hmmm...really can't say much about this adaption for now.

The character designs look really pretty esp the art in the OP is awesome...but too much derp faces <_< and this is still the first ep. There was also quite a bit of QUALITY here and there and we haven't started the real action yet -.-

I'm actually liking Claire's voice more than what it would've been if she was done by KugiRie. That would've been annoying as hell.

Kamito is being his BA teasing self so that was good :3

Also, there was quite a lot less fan service than I expected XD Dat grope was :O though. She's supposed to have a pitiful chest but from what I saw that was a handful XD

Ellis, Rinslet and Restia at the end were <3

Can't wait for Est >.<
Jul 14, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2012
Anime of the season right here. Claire is obviously the best girl.
Jul 14, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2013
The whole time I was watching this I just kept saying Infinite Stratos 2.0

Jul 14, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2013
This was a good episode. Lucky guy to be surrounded by girls.
Jul 14, 2014 10:34 AM

Apr 2012
lol a lot like Zero no Tsukaima prefer this mc looking 4ward 2 this wonder if it will get a season2
Jul 14, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Seems like this will be a pretty faithful adaptation. They did change a few things and rearrange some scenes but nothing important was skipped. Hopefully they don't rush it. OP song was nice and I finally get to see Ellis <3
Jul 14, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2007
Well glad my expecations didn't fail me this time. I expected some type of harem and I got it. Well its not bad so far. Not sure where it will go next but I hope I get more of the story of the MC even though part of me can guess what its going to be already.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 14, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
woah that was bad. no thanks.
Jul 14, 2014 10:57 AM
Jan 2014
The OP is catchy.

It felt a bit generic, but whatever. I haven't read the LN, but I will give this a chance.

I'm not feeling any kind of jealousy towards Kamito, assuming what kind of a place he gets to live in for the time being.
Jul 14, 2014 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
Characters design were great, but what's annoyed me that everyone treat him as everyone as perverted otherwise is good.
That's first impressed.
Even so they can't change LN / Manga plot thought. :)

Ren Ashbelll " Strongest Blade Dancer " .
You can guess who it is. :)
BlackbirdJul 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Characters were good design wise and the music was alright. It appears the main isn't any kind of dimwit so that's good news... hopefully anyway. Overall an ok episode to start. Let's just see where things go for now.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 14, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
Wow TNK Studio had take a break for it's Extreme Ecchi Anime (like High School DXD and Daimidaler) for now, which is I find it unusual.
Also this wasn't licensed by Funimation which is a surprise.

As for the Character designs/illustration/animation was made pretty good...
The OP was really good I think...And for the story it just fine (I didn't read the LN or Manga)...
So I hope this would be a good/enjoyable Anime like TNK Studio had done in the past.
RayzerJul 14, 2014 11:15 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 14, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2011
Lol, that's one big ass armor there...

Ren Ashbell huh? Who's that supposed to be lol?

Right from the start a wild naked girl appears!

LOL, he's not after little kids, Kamito you so silly.

HAHAHAHA, she can't be sixteen with dem small boobies XD, Kamito's too funny...

Kamito got you there Claire, you told him they're white and not red, your panties XD.

Awww, he comforted while she was crying :3

Neko-san!

So the only other man to have managed to tame spirit was the demon lord Sulaiman hm.

Lol, Kamito ran away from Claire so easily XD.

Poor Kamito... being pushed down and seeing the panties of Ellis... the horror!

So he's had a contracted spirit before, named Restia huh.

That uniform is really neat!

WTF... he's going to sleep in that small shed next to the stable lol...

I've been wondering... but why does he wear only one glove lol?

So a kiss is needed to form a contract with a high level humanoid huh.

The girls are already fighting over Kamito's ownership rights...

So Ren Ashbell is bringing Kamito's old contracted spirit with her and he needs to defeat her in the Blade Dance tournament thing huh.

I guess the episode was decent and I can't compare it to the LNs since I haven't read any.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 14, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2012
StefanMZ said:
Lol, that's one big ass armor there...

Ren Ashbell huh? Who's that supposed to be lol?

Right from the start a wild naked girl appears!

LOL, he's not after little kids, Kamito you so silly.

HAHAHAHA, she can't be sixteen with dem small boobies XD, Kamito's too funny...

Kamito got you there Claire, you told him they're white and not red, your panties XD.

Awww, he comforted while she was crying :3

Neko-san!

So the only other man to have managed to tame spirit was the demon lord Sulaiman hm.

Lol, Kamito ran away from Claire so easily XD.

Poor Kamito... being pushed down and seeing the panties of Ellis... the horror!

So he's had a contracted spirit before, named Restia huh.

That uniform is really neat!

WTF... he's going to sleep in that small shed next to the stable lol...

I've been wondering... but why does he wear only one glove lol?

So a kiss is needed to form a contract with a high level humanoid huh.

The girls are already fighting over Kamito's ownership rights...

So Ren Ashbell is bringing Kamito's old contracted spirit with her and he needs to defeat her in the Blade Dance tournament thing huh.

I guess the episode was decent and I can't compare it to the LNs since I haven't read any.

He got a mark on his hand from making the contract with the spirit, he's probably wearing the glove to cover that for some reason.
Jul 14, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
MEH didn't think much of that, to much like Zero no Tsukaima for my taste.

Jul 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
I thought this was much better than I expected. I'm actually excited for this one.
Jul 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2009
Who else is disappointed at Est's sword design. It looks nothing like the one in the novel illustrations.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 14, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Oh look a flat chested red haired tsundere, a prideful tough girl, a busty ojou-sama rival, an even BUSTIER MAID, and a MILF headmaster.. hmm where have I seen that before??

So this is the harem ecchi show of the season (Rokujouma isn't that ecchi.. yet). Nothing new here but at least the male lead is an alpha dude who doesn't scream like a girl when seeing/touching boobs so that's a plus there. Story is quite predictable but the jokes, although very cliche, were executed nicely enough to make me smile a few times. The OP song and animation are surprisingly nice too.

To be fair after the train wreck that is Dragonar last season, this feels like a fresh air.. a harem ecchi done right I suppose? hopefully it stays that way. I'll watch this for a few more episodes.
Jul 14, 2014 11:36 AM
Feb 2014
MapoTofu said:
Who else is disappointed at Est's sword design. It looks nothing like the one in the novel illustrations.

Sorry but I like this design way more...her LN design looks totally buster sword like and looks just weird if hold and swung with one hand.

On the episode: pretty faithful to the LN which is a plus :D

Animation is ok, but I didn't expect more anyway so it's fine.

EDIT: For the OP I really like the viewpoint switch at that one point ;-)
Caleb8980Jul 14, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 14, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
I really like the novels for this series, so I hope TNK does a good job with this like they did with Highschool DxD.

Nice first episode. I like Kamito's voice. It was better than I thought it would be.

Judging from the opening, I assume they're going to cover the first 3 volumes of the novels. I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.
Jul 14, 2014 11:45 AM
Aug 2013
It felt rushed, especially when they just jumped to the scene when the girl was at the pond and the guy look at her naked. So, transitioning is awful. They did not make the guy say "looks like I broke the promise" when he captured the sword spirit. This show was worse then I expected
Jul 14, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
So generic, flows with generic.
It's like a failed version of IS with some little changes. And that blonde girl has exactly the same hair as Cecilia.
At least the MC is not as dense as Ichika,yet.
Jul 14, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
Eh, it is nothing new. I was expecting an IS clone, but least the MC isn't a complete dolt, and I will probably enjoy this a hell of a lot more than IS.
Jul 14, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
I expected nothing less after reading the info.
An anime can't be more generic than this.
There goes another 20 minutes of my life...

dropped with 2/10
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 14, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2010
100/100 on the "Pampered to Otakus" scale.

4/10 dropped
Jul 14, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
Weird animation fails
Felt like it started part way into the plot/arc
Cookie-cutter Main Character
OP song was pretty bad
- Overall it was just OK, ill give it a couple more episodes
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 14, 2014 12:16 PM

May 2013
Awful as expected.

Jul 14, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2011
Now I can't get married.

:(
Jul 14, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
Good episode it wasn't too rushed.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 14, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
His bones must be made of steel, I expected the sword to go right through his hand.
So far it's not very original, but I'll still watch it. Guilty pleasure of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
fear80 said:
It's a lot different from my imagination when reading the novels o.o

^that

If I hadn't read the first volume I would say that it was rushed.
But the volume itself was kinda 'rushed'.
At least I have some background to understand better the anime.
Jul 14, 2014 12:27 PM
Feb 2013
No, no, no, no, not Zero no Tsukaima again.
After seeing opening I already knew it was going to be some kind of repeatable trash (I almost stopped'n'dropped), but this? Uh.

BTW this is MASSIVE harem prospect with all girls around. Jesus.
kcuf
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

169 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

90 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2014

67 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

74 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

75 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 23, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.