Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is better than the first tbh. In terms of visuals and pacing and everything.
Okay so we finally got to see Clear (Masutaaa~) and Noiz.

Really good episode this week!!! I am very happy with where this adaptation is going.
Jul 13, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
I wish I could lie on my headphones and still be comfortable enough to sleep,
also looked like Aoba was having a soundgasim, im surprised he didnt wake up with "wet pants"......
Clear seems like a pretty funny guy.
The music seems to suit the setting, a bit out of my taste though but still enjoyable.

BTW: the 3D does not go well with the colour scheme in my opinion.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 13, 2014 11:41 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aoba probably acted on impulse when battling in a Rhyme arena, since he seems to have some experience. That accident probably erased his memories of it.
Looks like he was deliberately lured into the game by someone. O.o

I wonder what the lab is up to, analyzing Aoba's ability..

Mizuki is probably dealing with someone dangerous. That guy looked quite ominous.

Clear is clearly weird, but he's a fun character! I'm guessing he's something like a familiar to Aoba?

A bit slow paced but not a bad episode. Would like to see more about "Spirited Away" being discussed.

Jul 13, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
LIked the episode over all. But i was quite dispointed that clear didnt have clear voice like in the game, they made *behind gas mask voice* ;;
Jul 13, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Well,it's interesting to see how they are putting together stuff from all the routes...

but oh man,in some moments i am laughing so much at the animation:')
Jul 13, 2014 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
onoda said:

Okay so we finally got to see Clear (Masutaaa~) and Noiz.

Really good episode this week!!! I am very happy with where this adaptation is going.

OMG YES CLEAR BBY WAS JUST SO CUTE! He was the main highlight of the episode for me, but we ended up with more Ren than Clear LOL.

They adapted the Aoba and Ren forehead touch... I was hyperventilating deep inside when they did it even tho it lasted for one second. xD And Ren licked Aoba's cheek :D

Looks like they are aiming for equal love for the guys O.O And speaking of Noiz finding Aoba in the shop, we all know what that will lead to... -smiles-

Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes!
Jul 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm... I still don't understand anything. Hope they will clear some of my questions in the next episode.
Jul 13, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
SalumoN said:
Hmm... I still don't understand anything. Hope they will clear some of my questions in the next episode.

I think that it's difficult to understand much of anything in this series unless you have knowledge about the VN. I started watching some playthroughs of it after I saw the first episode, and everything is definitely a lot clearer & even easier to enjoy.

I'm interested to see how things pan out...
Clear is very cute. So is Noiz of course <3
Jul 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Finally, Clear and Noiz! This week was so long...

Wanna know how many episodes will be this.

Jul 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
Aoba instinctively knew how to play the game; is evidently good enough at the game to have a mysterious organization keep a watch on him; and has memory loss. This show's en route for a predictable and generic plot, but Im still very interested in it.

Cant get enough of that OP.
Jul 13, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
So Aoba used to play in Rhyme but he has no recollection of his memories?

The visuals in this episode were amazing as usual, oh god I can't get enough of the ending.

What's with the cliffhanger?! Noiz?! Dammit ;_; can't wait
RothJul 13, 2014 2:20 PM
Jul 13, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2014
LOAD said:
SalumoN said:

I think that it's difficult to understand much of anything in this series unless you have knowledge about the VN. I started watching some playthroughs of it after I saw the first episode, and everything is definitely a lot clearer & even easier to enjoy.

I'm interested to see how things pan out...
Clear is very cute. So is Noiz of course <3

So would you suggest watching some playthroughs? I wanna enjoy this anime to the fullest and I hope they give us some even if just glimpses of the romance, that's what got me into this anime after all.

Which playthrough should I want and how many? I don't wanna get spoiled :X
Just wanna understand more

Jul 13, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2010
NayukiShiina said:
Finally, Clear and Noiz! This week was so long...

Wanna know how many episodes will be this.

Jul 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! This episode went way better than I expected (episode 1 was a little let down, but this one have a solid 4/5 in the categories of adaptation and pacing).

Unfortunatelly, the animation, just like Hamatora is pretty much meh, but nothing that can stop you having fun watching.

For people who are lost (non-VN-readers), I think next episode or episode 4 (depending of the pace) will have some fresh "infodump" (not really) that will clarify some things.

Kinda hyped for the next one right now xD
DanpmssJul 13, 2014 9:20 PM
Jul 13, 2014 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Thank God, I decided to start playing the VN yesterday (almost wrap up Koujaku bad end route) or else I might not understand wth is even going on in this episode (although I must be thankful for the additional scenes but I'm still underwhelmed by the fact that NAZ is very lazy with the animation)

Though I'll forgive NAZ for this episode bC CLEAAAAARRRRRRRRRR awwww BABYYYYYY!!
Jul 13, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2011
Once again Noiz concludes ep2. Cant wait for next ep >< its time to see if they....

.__.
Jul 13, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
OMG! I totally started fangirl-ing when I saw Clear and Noiz! My baby and my husband!
This episode might've been better than the first. And I can see some yaoi showing through more.
*Please let this show be at least shonen ai! Please!!*
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Jul 13, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
ye this episode was less confusing
i wonder if aoba has memories that simply have to come up, or he just has double personality
Jul 13, 2014 4:53 PM

Oct 2011
Seems like the series is going on the true route while omitting the romance-developing moments. So, no chance of BL happening. Just hoping it won't have a harem ending... But that won't stop my fangirling xD

Jul 13, 2014 5:55 PM

Mar 2013
zunderdog24 said:
I wish I could lie on my headphones and still be comfortable enough to sleep,
also looked like Aoba was having a soundgasm, I'm surprised he didn't wake up with "wet pants"......

But you know what this scene made me think of? At one point in the game (Koujaku's good end), when Koujaku is
And in this scene we can hear a couple of sighs, and yet Aoba's lips are not moving. Of course it's just lazy animation, but still it made me think of you-know-who watching him and breathing heavily. ;)
Jul 13, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
I still have no idea what this anime is about, but I am really enjoying it so far. Wish we got VN games in North America so I could know more about this anime!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 13, 2014 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was definitely better than the first. It seems like Aoba has some sort of latent power that will be useful down the line.
But when Ren started talking about "newer models" of All-Mates...I thought of what would happen if your robo-animal overheated or something and you had to get rid of it...how tragic O_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2014 7:20 PM
Aug 2011
Oh Noiz so dramatic.

The close-up art is really good but the further away Aoba was the more derpy he looked.
I try to not let it bother me but ignoring it is kind of difficult when it happens frequently.
Jul 13, 2014 7:28 PM
Jan 2013
Better than the first definitely. But I'm still confused on some parts. I guess that's what happens when you've never played the game...

Aoba and Ren are sooo cute. He still sticks to Ren even though he's an old model. Ren's human version (that's how I see it anyway?) is hot.

I'm getting some BL vibes from Koujaku. *ship ship ship*

I wonder what Koujaku was about to say to Mizuki when he said "This is a nice shop"
He seemed a bit more ominous, really.

He told Clear to go home, and he said he'd see Aoba later. So he went to Aoba's house? I wonder how Tae-san and Koujaku will react.

THAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH.
Jul 13, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
I got to see my baby, Clear, geez he's so cute.
I wish they could add some shounen-ai to this, agh kinda frustrating.

Jul 13, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
the awkward cat scene
and that weird hair stylist guy
"master" fetish...
and I absolutely cannot stand this weird blue guy who gets hurt if you touch his hair?

thinking about dropping this
Jul 13, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
How much budget do they have for this, because the animation is fucking awful! Although I'm still thoroughly enjoying it, I think people who've played the VN will definitely enjoy it more than people who haven't.

Though it's a good adaptation so far. :D It's really nice to see some of the scenes played out that were only explained in the VN.

Ren looks so retarded sometimes but I'm enjoying it. Aoba is my bae lol. Can't wait for next week again.

I need to actually play more of the routes jfc. But yeah, I feel sorry for the people who haven't played the VN who have just jumped into this, good god they must think it's a fucking mess!
KoiShoudouJul 13, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 13, 2014 8:56 PM
Jan 2014
For me, nothing has been really interesting or thought provoking. I find myself losing the motivation to even bother with this series.
Jul 13, 2014 9:55 PM
Jul 2013
Didn't really like episode 2...

Oh well, as long as there is something in Episodes 3 and 4, i won't be dropping it.
Jul 13, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2011
parfaited said:
Oh Noiz so dramatic.

The close-up art is really good but the further away Aoba was the more derpy he looked.
I try to not let it bother me but ignoring it is kind of difficult when it happens frequently.

Glad I'm not the only one, but seriously

And many more. There are too much derp Aoba
Jul 13, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2011
Hmm they added a new scene which was interesting and not bad it hinted at some things in Koujaku's route, but they also changed up a scene

Or maybe I'm just remembering shit wrong. Regardless, it was a well paced episode. The animation kind of took a dive at the scene with Clear but still not bad! Enjoying this so far, much better than I expected.
Jul 13, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
lol they gave the trash bin a jet pack
Jul 13, 2014 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
antipurefaith said:
lol they gave the trash bin a jet pack

They got CRT computer monitors but a trash bin with a jet pack. Alright.
Jul 13, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
The BGM during the Rhyme fight was great!

I love how they added the little part after Aoba checked Ren, made me chuckle hard.. And Koujaku sounds more like himself now. Overall the drawing quality looks a bit sloppy and awkward to me but it's not unbearable.

Also a sneak peek at Sei so early in the anime! So happy :D
Jul 13, 2014 11:47 PM

Oct 2013
I like colorful animation. Aoba and Ren - so sweet.
Jul 14, 2014 12:11 AM
Mar 2014
It was a bit confusing at first, but I really seem to like where it's going.
Jul 14, 2014 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
I thought the animation was better this ep oO or it might be cause I got used to it ^^"
Anyway Ren was kinda cute xD

Saw that it's not tagged Shounen-ai anymore... oO
Jul 14, 2014 3:43 AM
Jan 2010
This episode was a huge improvement, loved it! Though there were some VERY questionable animation in some scenes.

I teared up during the Aoba/Ren scene, it was so cute and so sad to see Ren! I won't be able to deal with his scene towards the end if they do show his
And Clear!!! Why'd they randomly cut to Clear when Koujaku was talking to Aoba? That was really strange, but he's my favorite of the boys so good to finally see him. I didn't like how they made Aoba try to take off his mask though. And that Mizuki cliffhanger!

One of the things that gets my excited is that in the anime, we aren't restricted to Aoba's POV so we can cut away to scenes in Platinum Jail, with Sei, etc etc (does he even need to be a silhouette in the opening anymore?) And they're also going through the story VERY fast - feel like it's safe to say they're going to try to cover the entire game in a 12 episode season rather than doing two seasons. The game has a very obvious split point - wish they took advantage of that.
Jul 14, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
Laciie said:
Hmm they added a new scene which was interesting and not bad it hinted at some things in Koujaku's route, but they also changed up a scene

Or maybe I'm just remembering shit wrong. Regardless, it was a well paced episode. The animation kind of took a dive at the scene with Clear but still not bad! Enjoying this so far, much better than I expected.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what happened, actually I wish they'd included that scene. Maybe they'll put it in later because it leads up to some pretty important events
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2014
I'm still very confused with the whole plot but the concept is interesting..

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 14, 2014 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Aaaaand I remember why I liked Clear so much while playing the game. Seeing his first scene animated was just so cute. The way jumps about so quirky-like, and how he got weirdly kicked in the ass!
I hope that this series isn't a 12 ep, though, otherwise I have absolutely no hope they will be able to pull off the plot to make it complete. Even if they screw the romance, it would still be pretty impossible to condense the plot from a 15 or so hour V/N into 5 hours of anime. Let's hope it's 24 at least for narrative sake.
Jul 14, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2012
Oooh, I like this Koujaku guy. I hope he won't die.

Yep I really like this so far.
Jul 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
It's interesting as a series. If you're like me I'm sure It'll be difficult to follow. Luckily I'm quote capable of making out whats going on for the most part.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 14, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
not really sure why i'm watching this
Jul 14, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
So Aoba's hair has nerves...

Either his hair grows really slow or he's had some incredibly painful haircuts
i don't know everything, i only know what i know

also your waifu is shit
Jul 14, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2011
The animation was really horrible, it's like if they didn't care at all.

Reminds me of Studio DEEN.

» Escapism.

Jul 14, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
ZoroZoldyck said:
So would you suggest watching some playthroughs? I wanna enjoy this anime to the fullest and I hope they give us some even if just glimpses of the romance, that's what got me into this anime after all.

Which playthrough should I want and how many? I don't wanna get spoiled :X
Just wanna understand more

Yeah, definitely watch some people have uploaded. That, or play the VN yourself. Its really good actually! I started it myself yesterday. Anyways, you can look playthroughs up on youtube, it's not hard to find. As for the number of videos you should watch... I can't exactly give you a number, but Aoba basically explains how things work in the Old Residential District early on in the VN.
(Also it's really difficult to not get spoiled when looking stuff up on the internet because DMMd is so popular.... this is spoken from experience.)
Jul 14, 2014 9:27 PM
May 2008
This episode was a bit slow for me. And I was bored. But the ending makes me want to watch the other one just to see what happens.
KriminaalJul 14, 2014 9:58 PM
Jul 15, 2014 5:02 AM

Feb 2012
The pacing was kinda slow, but the VN was quite slow too anyway. But in the VN, the first part was slow because it explains thoroughly about Ribs, Rhyme, Morphine etc etc. But the Anime was slow for some reason idk, yet they haven't explained properly...? ;;

I mean, I'm loving the adaptation so far, but I have a 50-50 thought about this. For people who played the game, it's just okay because you can still catch up with what is happening anyway. But for people who didn't, it might be really confusing D:

Which is pretty sad because I think dmmd has a really nice plot and it's such a waste if people will drop it because the adaptation can't explain things properly. Suggestion for people who are confused: Watch at least the first few minutes in the VN. There should be some in YT. Everything is explained well.

But I'm quite confused. Noiz appeared at Heibon.....?

BearJul 15, 2014 5:06 AM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 15, 2014 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
The drop in the animation and art is just blatant, there's some rather noticeable QUALITY all along the episode, not really fond of the few scenes they twisted (was Aoba that much of a bully towards Clear when they first met ? Don't think so). Noiz's really the big highlight of this episode.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 31, 2014

62 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 9, 2022 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.