Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah cool, they introduced Najenda this episode. I think her voice works well. And welp, it shouldn't be a surprise that Tatsumi gets paired up with Akame already.

It's funny how Mein makes fun of Tatsumi tbh. Then again, I think Tatsumi's skills are pretty good when it comes to combat so far.

Stark700Jul 13, 2014 8:47 AM
Jul 13, 2014 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
I wish I understood Japanese ;_; have to wait a few more hours now...

Edit: Hope this forum doesn't become as toxic as Episode 1's was.

Mod Edit: removed baiting
VudisJul 13, 2014 8:59 AM
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 13, 2014 8:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For manga readers who watched it already

Jul 13, 2014 8:30 AM
May 2014
Hey how's the pace of the episode? And did they skip some material from the manga?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 13, 2014 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:

Yeah they did, more or less.
kikohunter said:
Hey how's the pace of the episode? And did they skip some material from the manga?
They skipped the base infiltration fight. So pretty much an entire chapter.
The preview for the next episode looks like they're adding new scenes with Mein, random fanservice with her changing and stuff.

Basically, the anime is confirmed to be a shitty adaptation.
Everyone go home. White Fox did not deliver.
Jul 13, 2014 8:34 AM
May 2014
Moonchipz said:
Tokoya said:

kikohunter said:
The preview for the next episode looks like they're adding new scenes with Mein, random fanservice with her changing and stuff.

Fuck I kind of expected that :/ is the oace at least good oer not..? And I can't bekieve they skipped some character devellopment.
Jul 13, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Moonchipz said:
Tokoya said:

kikohunter said:

That's extremely dissapointing to hear.
Jul 13, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2009
I'm glad they are increasing fanservice

It will dispirit those who think this is some serious story. Adding more scenes with Mein/Mine means it will end with chapter 45.
Jul 13, 2014 8:39 AM
May 2014
bastek66 said:

It will dispirit those who think this is some serious story. Adding more scenes with Mein/Mine means it will end with chapter 45.

Well, if they added useless fanservice I'm going to hate this. Shit adaption confirmed. White Fox shitty studio confirmed. Japanese suck confirmed.
Jul 13, 2014 8:40 AM
Aug 2012
kikohunter said:
bastek66 said:

Well, if they added useless fanservice I'm going to hate this. Shit adaption confirmed. White Fox shitty studio confirmed. Japanese suck confirmed.

Didn't that happen in the manga?
Jul 13, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2009
Gekishin said:
Didn't that happen in the manga?

It did but they skipped for example Braht's showing Incursio transformation to Tatsumi.
Jul 13, 2014 8:44 AM
May 2014
@Gekishin

Nope, there's barely any fanservice in the manga except for when
is in the picture and it's really not much.
Jul 13, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2009
kikohunter said:
@Gekishin

Nope, there's barely any fanservice in the manga except for when
is in the picture and it's really not much.

There is and was plenty of fanservice, not just with icebitch.
Jul 13, 2014 8:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Moonchipz said:
Tokoya said:

kikohunter said:

Wow, this is a huge let down =/
Jul 13, 2014 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah cool, they introduced Najenda this episode. I think her voice works well. And welp, it shouldn't be a surprise that Tatsuya gets paired up with Akame already.

It's funny how Mein makes fun of Tatsuya tbh. Then again, I think Tatusya's skills are pretty good when it comes to combat so far.

There's no one named Tatsuya in this show.
Jul 13, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Moonchipz said:

Oops fixed.
Jul 13, 2014 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
Moonchipz said:

Oops fixed.
Thinking of Onii-sama there, weren't you? :P
Jul 13, 2014 8:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Moonchipz said:

Oops fixed.
Somebody has Mahouka on the brain eh? xD
Jul 13, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Oh speaking of fan service..
Jul 13, 2014 8:52 AM
May 2014
But that was in the manga so.. I don't understand why they would skip material since the chapters get shorter and shortwr the farther we get into the manga. There's like 10 chapters in a row at some point that have like 30-35 pages.
Jul 13, 2014 8:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh speaking of fan service..
Well look at the plus side of things

Jul 13, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
Lol, right off the bat

That fight tho, Tatsumi was great. Great animation and ost as usual.

Akaaaaammeeeee, my heart.

Great episode, can't wait for more
RothJul 13, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 13, 2014 9:04 AM
Jan 2013
So basically, White Fox is skipping all the action and characterization in favor of pointless fanservice and ecchi shit.
NICE, WAY TO SET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, GUYS.
Well ,they gotta sell those BDs somehow, right?
Jul 13, 2014 9:06 AM
Aug 2012
I support Mein noods
Jul 13, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2014
Shitposter-kun said:
So basically, White Fox is skipping all the action and characterization in favor of pointless fanservice and ecchi shit.
They had characterization? I don't remember anything lol

Anyhow:
Fanbois! Rejoice!
Your waifus will finally show some skin!
T3hSourceJul 13, 2014 9:14 AM
Jul 13, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2009
T3hSource said:
Shitposter-kun said:
They had characterization? I don't remember anything lol

At least at the begining part about Braht and Incursio was decently written.
Jul 13, 2014 9:17 AM
May 2014
Not like I had much faith for the anime medium considering the skills of these japanese guys working on Anime but this pretty much confirms my corcerns even more.
Jul 13, 2014 9:19 AM
Aug 2012
kikohunter said:
Not like I had much faith for the anime medium considering the skills of these japanese guys working on Anime but this pretty much confirms my corcerns even more.

Have you seen the episode yet?
Jul 13, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2014
bastek66 said:
At least at the beginning part about Braht and Incursio was decently written.
True, but I remembered that only after you mentioned it.
Jul 13, 2014 9:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm not going to go as far as saying that this will be shit. They gave us a perfect first episode as well, so I think it's still too soon to put labels such as that...But I'm very concerned now

Anyway, the episode is out and subbed, going to watch out
Jul 13, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
kikohunter said:

Oh wow, if you would just check out your previous comments before this. :3

Anyway, I'll hold my judgement on White Fox for a while since they might be changing/re-arranging things around instead of simply skipping chapters just like a few adaptations recently.

Jul 13, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
Bikini fanservice already? That's fast.
Jul 13, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2012
Normally i'm not a fan of "training" episodes, but this was entertaining!
It was more of a character introduction to be honest (seeing a quirk/side of each character).
Leone's still best girl for me, but Akame had some nice moments in the episode (the whole "wound" thing was nice).
I like Tatsumi's and mine's character interaction a lot, hopefully we see more of it in the coming episode.
BULAT STILL BEST MALE.
Jul 13, 2014 9:34 AM
May 2014
Was watching the episode and had to stop 7 minutes in, I can't watch more of this, the stupid fast pacing throws me off just like black bullet's did. These guys can't arrange their stuff for shit, why the fuck are these studios been so bad with the pacing of their animation lately? Same problems with Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo ESP, Black Bullet and many other anime. That's seriously disappointing when these guys are supposed to be pros at animating stuff wow.
Jul 13, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
Nice episode, Tatsumi joins Night Raid and has to carry out his first contract.
Akame looked very nice in that swim suit.
The next person he is going to be training with is Mine.
Douglas24Jul 13, 2014 9:41 AM
Jul 13, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
Oh no. I was hoping they don't rush this.
Jul 13, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2011
Next ep might be interesting
[spoiler]
Jul 13, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like they changed the order... or yet skipped that invasion part.

Not too disappointed about that... rather using the stills when a person is killed... I'd rather see animation of someone being killed than just stills. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2014 9:42 AM
Oct 2010
Dialogue was weird, most of it was the same like in the manga but they really needed to change the wording at least. It felt like half the time people were narrating what they were doing and the other half they were being overly descriptive.

Oh yeah, that with the mein service in the preview was added as well. I suppose whitefox is just doing whatever.
Jul 13, 2014 9:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kikohunter said:
Was watching the episode and had to stop 7 minutes in, I can't watch more of this, the stupid fast pacing throws me off just like black bullet's did. These guys can't arrange their stuff for shit, why the fuck are these studios been so bad with the pacing of their animation lately? Same problems with Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo ESP, Black Bullet and many other anime. That's seriously disappointing when these guys are supposed to be pros at animating stuff wow.
Eh?

That was exactly how it went down in the manga (I know because I checked)...You have to remember that they only have approximately 21-21 mins to show content. If they tried to extend that scene, all they would achieve by doing that is unnecessary dragging things along...

But I see what some of you were talking about...They skipped the second half of chapter 2 :(

@EasyGo-er I'm hoping that is the case as well, it's not the first time that something like that has happened, plus it doesn't make sense for them to not show those events, and White Fox isn't a bad studio (Especially since the mangaka himself overlooked this series might I add)
Jul 13, 2014 9:46 AM
Oct 2010
Tokoya said:

But I see what some of you were talking about...They skipped the second half of chapter 2 :(

I knew they were going to do that since last week, the title of this episode was the title of chapter 3 and with stuff cut out it seems like things are being fast forwarded. Not to mention, if they have time to add scenes like mein in her underwear then they have time to animate this more faithfully.
Jul 13, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Looking forward to Tatsumi working with Mine.
Jul 13, 2014 9:49 AM
May 2014
@Tokoya
See the introfuction of Najenda? They just suddenky show her without any focus on her face or anything not even one second spent on just showing her to the audience. She just starts to talk like she was there the whole time, it was like this in the manga but when it's in anime format they should at least let the audience analyse her facial features and stuff for a second or two at least. Now right after that they suddenly show us the whole crew at the base without any transitioning or anything just BAM here's the crew and Najenda is talking. Normally in when this happen they take a few seconds of pause to show us the place where they're at and let the viewer realise that rhey got back into the base to talk about stuff.
Jul 13, 2014 9:50 AM

May 2012
+1 for Akame's body lol.

Pretty good episode. I noticed they took a few things out. Not surprising since they could basically make a full episode with one chapter. Didn't notice anything new add. So I don't know where this extra fanservice people keep talking about. Everything else was the same. Happy they kept the part about him remembering his friends. I know most people thought he got over it. Next episode should be fun. Can't wait.

3/5.

Oct 2010
Pretty good episode, though I wished they would have put in the Night Raid base infiltration to show the other characters in action too. Akame was so cute at the end, and Leone's faces keeps on getting more hilarious. Dat Bulat scene though.

Overall, this episode adapted half of chapter two and all of chapter three pretty well. Seems like next episode will only be adapting one chapter so the pacing should probably be slower next week. Can't wait to see how Tatsumi will work with Mine, considering their interactions in this episode.
The Komori

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Tokoya said:

I knew they were going to do that since last week, the title of this episode was the title of chapter 3 and with stuff cut out it seems like things are being fast forwarded. Not to mention, if they have time to add scenes like mein in her underwear then they have time to animate this more faithfully.
Hopefully they're just re-arranging that scene and we'll get it in the next episode, I REALLY want to see those stuff >.<

kikohunter said:
@Tokoya
See the introfuction of Najenda? They just suddenky show her without any focus on her face or anything not even one second spent on just showing her to the audience. She just starts to talk like she was there the whole time, it was like this in the manga but when it's in anime fornst tgey should at least let the audience analyse her facial features and stuff for a second or two at least. Now right after that they suddenly show us the whole crew at the base without any transitioning or abything just BAM here's the crew! Najenda is talking. Normally in when this happen they take a few seconds od pause to show us the place where they're at and let the viewer realise that rhey got back into the base to ralk about stuff.
Fair enough, I didn't have a problem with that at all though...We did get to see her features for a sufficient amount of time, and there was the ugh...Hand Claw thing which was pretty funny

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 13, 2014 10:48 AM
Jul 13, 2014 9:56 AM
Oct 2010
Antearion said:
+1 for Akame's body lol.

Pretty good episode. I noticed they took a few things out. Not surprising since they could basically make a full episode with one chapter. Didn't notice anything new add. So I don't know where this extra fanservice people keep talking about. Everything else was the same. Happy they kept the part about him remembering his friends. I know most people thought he got over it. Next episode should be fun. Can't wait.

3/5.

The extra fanservice is in the preview for the next episode.
Jul 13, 2014 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
MEIN FANSERVICE
*cough*

Well as satisfying as that was I'm kinda disappointed about the overall episode.
It certainly doesn't feel rushed to me though.

Well I'm just watching it for the sake of it being animated, if I want details I can read the manga so I'll just enjoy my fanservice + gore for the rest of the anime.
Jul 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
That was really good :D So they're really using the official names <_< I guess I'll use them for the anime.

They continued on from last ep with Tatsumi's feelings for his friends since last ep he was abruptly interrupted. So that was a nice thing to do for his development.

Lol'd at his introduction to all the members XD Sheele's encouragement "U've seen the hideout so u'll die if u leave" was so lol XD

Bulat being gay and Tatsumi's reaction XD

Dat Mizugi Akame <3 and that instant kill was pretty awesome ^^

Loved Tatsumi vs Ogre. Tatsumi really is quite BA :D And DAT blood :O Nice ^^

Cute seeing Akame being worried about him ^^

Mine's turn nxt :3
Jul 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Jan 2014
A little too much fanservice but still enjoyable.

4/5
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.