Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do we need a gender bender tag?
Jul 13, 2014 3:55 AM
Oct 2013
Seriously, do we need a gender bender tag? It's obvious that Kirito's GGO avatar would be a girl for the rest of the show, unless that's a man with long hair.
Jul 13, 2014 4:01 AM
Oct 2012
mbdsquad said:
Seriously, do we need a gender bender tag? It's obvious that Kirito's GGO avatar would be a girl for the rest of the show, unless that's a man with long hair.

He's a man with very feminine features
Jul 13, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2009
It's a male avatar.

How many times was that said in the subforum?
Jul 13, 2014 5:12 AM
Oct 2013
Well sorry for not being online these days.
Jul 13, 2014 5:37 AM
Oct 2008
mbdsquad said:

Even if it was a "female" avatar I dont see how that qualifies as gender-bender... its a game.
Jul 13, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
pillsbury15 said:
mbdsquad said:

Even if it was a "female" avatar I dont see how that qualifies as gender-bender... its a game.

You're right. Seikon no Qwaser II is also not tagged as gender-bender. I guess cyberworld doesn't count.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 13, 2014 9:32 AM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
pillsbury15 said:

You're right. Seikon no Qwaser II is also not tagged as gender-bender. I guess cyberworld doesn't count.

don't worry :) I'm sure there will be a nice gender bender anime that you'll like one day
Ecchi & Action = Da best! :D

Jul 13, 2014 9:48 AM
Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
It's a male avatar.

Other than for the obvious trolls that continue calling him a girl, everyone else should be aware that he's a guy.
Jul 13, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
Ecchi & Action = Da best! :D

Jul 13, 2014 3:32 PM
Jul 13, 2014 10:35 PM
Oct 2013
LastChapter said:
ssjokg said:
It's a male avatar.

Other than for the obvious trolls that continue calling him a girl, everyone else should be aware that he's a guy.

I knew he was a guy but having a female (looking) avatar makes you think he bends to being a girl. Well as I said, I'm not as updated as you guys do so for at least this thread will serve as a guide to others having the same doubt without skimming over tens of pages. (I haven't seen a thread about this so I created one)
Jul 15, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2009
What this series really lacks is an adundance of female avatars played by guys. I mean it's accurate for every single mmo game that currenty exists. Oh well, this might be different for a full dive system if one were actually to be created given that most of them just like seeing a hot gril move on screen, and don't care about making an irl representation.
Jul 15, 2014 12:03 PM
Mar 2012
barabara said:
What this series really lacks is an adundance of female avatars played by guys. I mean it's accurate for every single mmo game that currenty exists. Oh well, this might be different for a full dive system if one were actually to be created given that most of them just like seeing a hot gril move on screen, and don't care about making an irl representation.

Quote from the novel:

"The recent VR games, for almost all of the titles, forbid changing the sex of the player and avatar. The reason is because the long-term use of an avatar of the opposite sex results in adverse effects for the spirit and body that cannot be ignored."
Jul 15, 2014 4:39 PM
Jan 2014
LastChapter said:
barabara said:

Quote from the novel:

"The recent VR games, for almost all of the titles, forbid changing the sex of the player and avatar. The reason is because the long-term use of an avatar of the opposite sex results in adverse effects for the spirit and body that cannot be ignored."

Honestly, that novel quote was one of my favorite lines because it made so much sense yet somehow it managed to seem radical simultaneously O.o

At any rate, very hilarious. I'm quite excited to see the animation of Kirito's reaction to his avatar appearance. ^.^
Jul 15, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
LastChapter said:
barabara said:

Quote from the novel:

Wow I can already see LGBT groups boycotting this rule since I don't think they provide any actual scientific data to back up this statement.

Not only that, it appears players have to stick to their irl body measurements as well, suppose some people are insecure about their appearance and want to customize the look of their avatars. So Kirito's avatar gets long hair and he can't even change that if he wants to?
Jul 16, 2014 5:15 AM

Mar 2013
kirito best girl

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.