Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 9:06 AM
Apr 2014
I don't get the love for Sinon
Jul 14, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
i don't know..... maybe SAO isn't my taste lol but i feel slept when i was watching it....
Jul 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2013
Vocah said:

Think back about every female character we had so far, and you will get it. For me, she has more to her personality than all of female characters shown so far combined.

On topic: Just wow.. Dunno about others, but I am gonna give SAO another chance. This season has the potential, a big one. And this time, there is a big chance it won't be wasted like it was last time. I read LN long time ago, so I am not really sure, but if I remember correctly, story part of it is great. Anyway 5/5
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jul 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
Phaetons_Folly said:
I loved this episode for its exciting action, but personally feel disappointed at the game. The tactics they used were extremely basic, when it looks like it is the kind of game where tactics is everything. People look easy to kill so even a high leveled player can be taken down by lower leveled people if they out think them.

This episode would have been much cooler if the combat was modeled after first person shooters you see now. Quick movements to cover, quick shots from cover, parkour over terrain, communication between players. There is no reason they can't make the show feel like a shooter game.

Except that apart from CODUTY none of true FPS games(planetside, UT, Battlefield) focus on mashing movement keys. And parkour is titanfail gimmick and we all know that one bombed.

Vocah said:

Otaku fetish for emotionless vulnerable kuudere/dandere characters.
AhenshihaelJul 14, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 14, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Vocah said:

She is what O.o
Jul 14, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Vocah said:

I'm with you. I still don't get it.
Jul 14, 2014 1:04 PM

Feb 2013
Botato said:
Fai said:

She is what O.o

He's more of an "otaku" than most people just because he used those terms I can't recall the meanings of.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jul 14, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
R32 said:
Vocah said:

I'm with you. I still don't get it.
Let's put it simply, she got more screen time than all the other girls combined.

Maybe that's not true, but what's true is this, she had almost an entire episode dedicated to her without Kirito around, and without her talking about Kirito to someone else.

In short, the show focused on someone other than Kirito for more than 15 minutes.
Jul 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
Screen time hasn't really changed my opinion about her. The more the show followed her the less I liked her.
Jul 14, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
R32 said:
Screen time hasn't really changed my opinion about her. The more the show followed her the less I liked her.
Then there's something in her character that you don't like. Because normally, the more focus and screen time a character is given the more likable they become.
Jul 14, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
R32 said:
That was quick...
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Feb 2013
R32 said:

Any specific reason? So far I didn't see anything in her that could make dislike her. Then again, I don't see anything in particular that could make me like her either. It's too soon to judge for now.
Jul 14, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
sherlock5545 said:
Any specific reason? So far I didn't see anything in her that could make dislike her. Then again, I don't see anything in particular that could make me like her either. It's too soon to judge for now.

Maybe it is too soon. I can't quite pinpoint why I don't like her, maybe what really set me off is the cliché "I must get stronger." line. But that was at the very end despite me not liking her throughout the entire episode. Could be that laid back attitude she has, for being a "top sniper." I'm not asking for cockiness though.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I'll withhold my judgement until we dive deeper into who she is.
Jul 14, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
R32 said:
sherlock5545 said:

Maybe it is too soon. I can't quite pinpoint why I don't like her, maybe what really set me off is the cliché "I must get stronger." line. But that was at the very end despite me not liking her throughout the entire episode. Could be that laid back attitude she has, for being a "top sniper." I'm not asking for cockiness though.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I'll withhold my judgement until we dive deeper into who she is.

Well, yeah, it is indeed too soon. She's been introduced just recently, so I'd like to give her some time before judging. So far, though, there's really nothing bothering me in particular.

From the prospective of someone who didn't read the light novels, I'd assume she has a complete opposite attitude in real-life, or at least she's not as extrovert as she appears in the game. That's just my assumption, though.
Jul 14, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
R32 said:
Maybe it is too soon. I can't quite pinpoint why I don't like her, maybe what really set me off is the cliché "I must get stronger." line.

"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 14, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2012
Well it is to be expected, Except 1 bullet all those shots missed Sinnon.

I'm glad that they focused an entire ep (except the last 2-3 mins) on someone other than Kirito. Well this cleared up any doubt of Sinnon being Asuna (My friend just doesn't listen to me...).

And in the ending, why the hell does Kirito have a lightsaber??? Seriously, this is GGO, so it should be guns
Jul 14, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
cloud2313 said:
Well it is to be expected, Except 1 bullet all those shots missed Sinnon.
Because she was right above Behemoth and it is difficult to lift the heavy mini-gun he was using 90 degrees and aim at her.

cloud2313 said:
And in the ending, why the hell does Kirito have a lightsaber??? Seriously, this is GGO, so it should be guns
Because why the hell not.
Jul 14, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
cloud2313 said:

This is getting old.
Jul 14, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
I like how her outfit is gonna make release a lot of good doujinshis. That said, the animations were pretty good. I still don't understand why they were so scared of dying in the game if they knew they wouldn't die but whatever.

Tentacle rape at the end? Oh, now you're acting like your previous season.
Jul 14, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
Akanezora said:
I still don't understand why they were so scared of dying in the game if they knew they wouldn't die but whatever.
They make money off of this game. If they die they lose their gear and making money becomes harder for them.
Jul 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
Akanezora said:
I still don't understand why they were so scared of dying in the game if they knew they wouldn't die but whatever.
They make money off of this game. If they die they lose their gear and making money becomes harder for them.

I would not want to start from square one. Only good thing is is that they'll know how to make money once they start over. Also was up?

I also liked the episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 14, 2014 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
7thVoid said:
Botato said:

I would not want to start from square one. Only good thing is is that they'll know how to make money once they start over. Also was up?

I also liked the episode.

They would but then again it would still be hard to start over, and it will probably cost them money and/or they'll have money issues irl if GGO is their only source of income (when they start over they won't be making much until they get strong enough again).

Not much. You?
Jul 14, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
Sinon is such a hardscoper, but that's ok.

More rear view of her = :)
Jul 14, 2014 5:58 PM
Apr 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
Vocah said:

Think back about every female character we had so far, and you will get it.

Even after thinking about the other female characters, she still is dead last from what is currently shown.
Jul 14, 2014 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
Vocah said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

Think back about every female character we had so far, and you will get it.

Even after thinking about the other female characters, she still is dead last from what is currently shown.
Not to me. ;)

Jul 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2009
The biggest mystery for me so far...

What is it about Sinon's butt that everyone kept going nuts over?!?!

I don't know about you guys, but so far in SAO...
Sinon have,
imo,
by far,
the most unappealing butt out of every single female character introduced!!!!

The hip ratio is not there, it's not particularly curvy... It's just... Lean, and that's it.

Wtf?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
AirStyles said:

Sinon have,
imo,
by far,

The hip ratio is not there, it's not particularly curvy... It's just... Lean, and that's it.

Wtf?

Uh... I don't even know. I mean she's nice looking and all but I don't see it either. I guess just getting a close up shot of it brings about sex appeal. If that were the case though I'd feel bad for anyone who has to see a close up of some old lady :0
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:

Sinon have,
imo,
by far,

Wtf?
Who needs curves?
Jul 14, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Hmm... I'm not much for gun battles. I love swords, martial arts, and melee. Not too sure about this season.
Behemoth was kind of hot. However, I'm sure the real Behemoth was some 9-year-old kid sneaking in play well past his bedtime.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 14, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
Can't wait to see Kirito in action. Man, Sinon is awesome... and about Behemoth

Jul 14, 2014 7:26 PM

Oct 2012
Hannah_Ana said:
Hmm... I'm not much for gun battles. I love swords, martial arts, and melee. Not too sure about this season.
Behemoth was kind of hot. However, I'm sure the real Behemoth was some 9-year-old kid sneaking in play well past his bedtime.

Sent with Mal Updater
Idk, gamers are kinda hot in the future, apparently. I mean, Kirito has a pseudo-harem that is constantly drooling over his D.
Jul 14, 2014 7:28 PM
Apr 2011
Meh. This is ridiculous. Why didn't Sinon inform her teammates about that minigun dude when she can communicate with her teammates through radio? Why did Sinon leave the sniper's nest and went near the enemy when she has a long range sniper rifle?

Sheesh. And they hype her as the best sniper in the game.
Jul 14, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
Ohmigod, can they just cut out those forced ass and tit shots? I love Miyuki Sawashiro but I honestly don't give a shit about Sinon's character so far. I'm loving her role in Gekkan Shoujo though! <3

Anyway, episode was too battle-focused. Needed a bit of balance tbh
Jul 14, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
ravagestorm said:
Meh. This is ridiculous. Why didn't Sinon inform her teammates about that minigun dude when she can communicate with her teammates through radio? Why did Sinon leave the sniper's nest and went near the enemy when she has a long range sniper rifle?

Sheesh. And they hype her as the best sniper in the game.

Mini gun guy can see the path of her shot. Wasn't that obvious? She wouldn't be able to hit him.
Jul 14, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
The purpose of this episode was obviously too show how good Sinon is. Ok episode that's it.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 14, 2014 8:30 PM
Jul 2013
1. in this episode... people who don't know how to play FPS game
2. has grenade -> runs straight into enemy fire
3. has sniper -> only shoots 2 shots while 1500 meters away even though enemies are all in open areas
4. enemies hiding behind wall -> everyone let's shoot "suppressive fire" and waste everyone's ammo even though you only need 1 guy shooting to suppress one guy
5. behemoth is shooting a minigun with his entire body open -> no one shoots back because we all know how fast a person can aim and fire with a minigun
6. it's a game -> cowboy guy is a pussy
7. behemoth is a player (human reaction times) -> can dodge sniper-scoped shots -> hacks?

literally put any decent FPS player in this game and he can become the top FPS player in the game bcuz apparent sinon is a "top sniper"
Jul 14, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
night97 said:
3. has sniper -> only shoots 2 shots while 1500 meters away even though enemies are all in open areas
4. enemies hiding behind wall -> everyone let's shoot "suppressive fire" and waste everyone's ammo even though you only need 1 guy shooting to suppress one guy
5. behemoth is shooting a minigun with his entire body open -> no one shoots back because we all know how fast a person can aim and fire with a minigun
7. behemoth is a player (human reaction times) -> can dodge sniper-scoped shots -> hacks?

literally put any decent FPS player in this game and he can become the top FPS player in the game bcuz apparent sinon is a "top sniper"

Near future and a VRMMO. Skills including things like dexterity, weapon accuracy etc.

You really didn't think before you posted.

Jul 14, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2008
mediocre episode, cant say i liked it or hated it
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Jul 14, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2007
It's been a surprisingly good start for Season Two so far, but how long will this quality last?
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
Jul 15, 2014 12:19 AM

Jan 2012
i like sniper girl
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 15, 2014 2:34 AM
Jan 2013
I know that this is anime and they have to make it more emotional and all(it makes it more interesting)

but how obsessive these guys are over a game xD even the most hardcore game geeks are not as obsessed as these pp and like this sniper girl x__x

are japanese game geeks rly that obsessive??
Jul 15, 2014 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
A pretty uninspiring episode with a very predictable template-like plot. Being scared to die in a game is just prepostrous. If it's about penalties or losing real life income (if they earn it by playing the game), they should act in a more rational fashion (not "i dont wanna die *teary eyes*").
Jul 15, 2014 3:57 AM
Jul 2014
I just want to see Kirito in action.
Jul 15, 2014 5:37 AM

May 2014
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
night97 said:

Near future and a VRMMO. Skills including things like dexterity, weapon accuracy etc.

You didn't refute his points, he's also talking about basic tactics which are applied not only in FPS games, but take little to no thinking to logically execute.
Ah, who am I kidding, it's all in the spirit to make Sinon badass, who cares about boring tactics, mechanics, UI and all that mumbo jumbo.
KILL THEM SINON, YOU'RE A BADASS!
Jul 15, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:

You didn't refute his points, he's also talking about basic tactics which are applied not only in FPS games, but take little to no thinking to logically execute.
Ah, who am I kidding, it's all in the spirit to make Sinon badass, who cares about boring tactics, mechanics, UI and all that mumbo jumbo.
KILL THEM SINON, YOU'RE A BADASS!

1.lets go to the other and prove this wrong.
2.His life was near zero.He run straight to them in order to make sure he will get the grenade near them.I am sure that pros in FPS dont just hope for the best when they use grenades as well.
3.And the enemies in that open area can dodge her bullets with half steps.
4.One guy that just needs to start shooting at your direction to kill you.More directions is a better strategy.
5.He isnt alone.What is the point of attacking him if they are wide open to the others?
6.YEs he is a pussy when it comes down to his gear that earns him his money.
7.Stats and game mechanics.

Satisfied?Oh who am I kidding?You guys are too busy trashing SAO to even think what you are talking about.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TyrelJul 15, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 15, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2014
I think it's getting better.I like it more than episode one because of Sinon's action scenes but still not satisfied until Kirito joins in.
Jul 15, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2014
ssjokg said:

1.lets go to the other and prove this wrong.
2.His life was near zero.He run straight to them in order to make sure he will get the grenade near them.I am sure that pros in FPS dont just hope for the best when they use grenades as well.
3.And the enemies in that open area can dodge her bullets with half steps.
4.One guy that just needs to start shooting at your direction to kill you.More directions is a better strategy.
5.He isnt alone.What is the point of attacking him if they are wide open to the others?
6.YEs he is a pussy when it comes down to his gear that earns him his money.
7.Stats and game mechanics.

Satisfied?Oh who am I kidding?You guys are too busy trashing SAO to even think what you are talking about.

+++1
Seriously, I'm not even bothering disproving those same arguments that pops up every day.

cherushi-chan said:
I think it's getting better.I like it more than episode one because of Sinon's action scenes but still not satisfied until Kirito joins in.

Yeah, GGO is the best arc so far for a reason and we still havn't seen the best parts ^^ yet.
ByonKunJul 15, 2014 6:18 AM
Jul 15, 2014 6:41 AM
Jan 2014
It makes no sense that Sinon stops to go for the kills after the fat guy dodged one time. That doesnt mean that the others are able to do so. Especially when they are busy dealing with Sinons squad.
She should have continued to take them out.
Jul 15, 2014 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
cabacc2 said:
It makes no sense that Sinon stops to go for the kills after the fat guy dodged one time. That doesnt mean that the others are able to do so. Especially when they are busy dealing with Sinons squad.
She should have continued to take them out.

Yes they can.Less weight, no penalty and the other guy can pin her squad down as was shown since they cant use cover effectively against him.
The bullet took more than one sec to reach him.That is more than enough for anyone to dodge by just leaning to the left or right.

Oh and she wanted to go kill that guy herself so even if she could kill them she wouldnt waste her time.
ssjokgJul 15, 2014 6:49 AM
Jul 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Jan 2010
Died of sleep.

The only things saved were the OSTs again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.