Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 16, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2012
great I love this show,.
I dont let the animation put me down like Kingdom did, but I actually like the art its beautiful..
when I look at the score I was like "seriously! people these days"..

Jul 16, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
Freakin loved it. It's Nobunaga The Fool meets Steins;Gate meets Kingdom, how could it not be great? Miyano never fails, he pretty much made Saburou's character. Funniest moment was when he handed Tsune the EROSU and said "Tsune-chan, want it?" For some reason the fidgety rotoscoping there really fit in an ironic way and made it hilarious.

Really excited for this one.
Dark_Messiah said:
great I love this show,.
I dont let the animation put me down like Kingdom did, but I actually like the art its beautiful..
when I look at the score I was like "seriously! people these days"..
Yup, it's not near as big of a turn off, so hopefully it'll suffer less early drops than Kingdom did. I just hope the story will provide half the payoff that Kingdom did in the long run.
Jul 16, 2014 11:16 AM
Jun 2014
I found this anime quite interesting and surprisingly enjoyable.

The art is unique to my taste but I'm sure I can quickly adapt to it.
Wasn't sure if that was the opening or ending song at the end but I really liked it.
Also happy to see three of my favorite seiyuu taking role. ^3^
Jul 16, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2013
Surprisingly, I adapted to the art style rather quickly. It seems to match the main character's quirky nature.
Jul 16, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
The characters look a bit weird but it's still fine.. doesn't bother me that much. The background arts though.. GORGEOUS! Especially the sakura tree..

Pretty much like Oda Nobuna except no tits XD

As long as they don't reveal that the guy has been in coma all this time at the final episode, this would be just fine.
Jul 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
The character design does not, do, the, animation, any, favours.... also does not go well with the 20min length. (Reminds me of Yamishibai)
Other than that, everything else was pretty good.
Hate the MC personality though.
Not looking forwards to watching more of the character design, hopefully the the other aspects will make it more bearable.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 16, 2014 1:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a great first episode! I really liked it!
xchee said:
I didn't like the art at first and then as I watched it just clicked. That was my fastest "will take time to get used to" ever haha.

My reaction as well :D When I saw the PV, I was like, the art is meh. But it took me only a few minutes to really like it, especially the backgrounds and like you said, it's kind of like a screen painting in motion.

The OST and the ED? OP? was really awesome. The vocalist's voice resembles Taka from ONE OK ROCK, and a quick search on the band showed me that he's Taka's younger brother! No wonder! I'm pretty sure that's the OP but they just put it at the end this episode, but anyways, it's got me hyped up.

Really liking the humor so far, and Saburo is definitely a silly character. You can tell how different he is just because of how easily he adapted to the environment. I also love when he said, "Don't talk to me right now. I'm legitimately reading a textbook for the first time in my life." XD It's a little surprising to see that Saburo actually cares about the history not changing so he must do what he has learned about Japanese history. I'm also looking forward to seeing Nobunaga as well.
Jul 16, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
While the show is odd-looking and I especially hate the faces, it's entertaining and has an awesome cast. I didn't know what to expect from this show, but it's a fun watch.
Jul 16, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
Okay first episode! I really like the ending and story seems cool so far. The landscape animation is great but the character animations are kind of meh. Nobunaga and his twin's guyliner bug me ._.

Jul 16, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2011
Dammit, I thought the manga was rushed, but the adaptation cut out lots of stuff and rushed it even more. :(

Is it 12 episodes or something? Because otherwise I don't get the point of rushing the first episode. I loved seeing it brought to life, but seeing it rushed and skipping out some education and/or important stuff is disappointing. The character 3D is a bit choppy. Scenery is beautiful though.

The MC is funny, ingenious and witty. Love his lines. The OP/ED is also really good. Though I don't see this series having the same investment payoff as Kingdom did, which is a bit of a bummer. Then again, 3D never bothers me much in the first place. o.O
MirorinJul 16, 2014 2:40 PM
Jul 16, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, I love this. Got used to the animation style halfway through and I just really enjoyed it throughout. The OST is by far, the best this season along with Ao Haru Ride and Zankyou no Terror's (and Free!'s). I adore the comedy as well as the drama thrown in.

Quite underrated so far (not as much as Shounen Hollywood). Needs at least a 7+ which it will probably have as long as it keeps up it's quality. This is my new Uta Koi! :)

I just hope Crunchy releases this asap when it's aired in Japan. I'm gonna love Friday nights.

AlexTheRiot said:
Freakin loved it. It's Nobunaga The Fool meets Steins;Gate meets Kingdom, how could it not be great? Miyano never fails, he pretty much made Saburou's character. Funniest moment was when he handed Tsune the EROSU and said "Tsune-chan, want it?" For some reason the fidgety rotoscoping there really fit in an ironic way and made it hilarious.

^ SAME!
Jul 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Saburou is the best Nobunaga, more effective and better than the original one.

Not sure how people from the past used to think.. Tsune wanted to kill Nobu because he was acting eccentric, then after a few strong words about conquering the land, he resubmits himself to Nobu again. What!?

That was some good horse tackling though. Saburou is quite adept.

That bug repellent scene was actually funny in a way. Kichou is pretty smart!

Not a bad start, even though the animation is somewhat strange. Ending song was pretty good though.
VindstotJul 16, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 16, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
Totally watched this on a whim (I'm so over the historical shows), but I strangely enjoyed this.
Maybe it was the different (...cheaper) animation, and relaxed atmosphere.
Jul 16, 2014 5:39 PM

Dec 2009
Was going through a Time-travel phase this summer. Picked up a ton of manga about this genre LOL.

So watching another Sengoku rance time travel anime isn't that bad. :D

I think in a few year's I'd learn more about the Japanese wars of unification than I'd like ROTFL.

It seems cheap CG animation is starting to get traction to anime studios. I'm not complaining really, animating through cel shades is expensive as hell so studios blow their budgets in action scenes.

"Wait, did Nobunaga end up conquering the land?" LOL
NettoAzureJul 16, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 16, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2014
Well, today I learned One Ok Rock's vocalist has a younger brother in a band and sounds very similar to him. The things you accidentally learn from anime.

First episode wasn't AMAZING but obviously first episodes aren't usually meant to be. I'm gonna keep watching.
Jul 16, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
interesting animation kinda smooth episode we'll have to see where this is going
Jul 16, 2014 10:18 PM

May 2012
Very glad that I did not drop it immediately after seeing the animation.. the story is really interesting and the MC is good so far. And damn! Despite the animation, this show has the most popular VA's! And that ED too. Really cool.
Jul 16, 2014 10:43 PM

Apr 2008
Everything about this was great... except it looked like ass. I'll just watch the drama instead.
Jul 17, 2014 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
Normally I don't watch historical anime but this is pretty interesting. Glad I gave it a try.
Jul 17, 2014 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
That art, like I'm watching some picture cartoon in the past. i like the seiyuu, hmm, the pacing is interesting. If we have a different art style maybe we get more audience...But I'll try ep2.
Jul 17, 2014 5:26 AM

Sep 2010
The first minute: seiyuu recognized after he said few words -> okay I am watching it! Simply if that guy is voicing the main character I can watch the show even if it's bad. But still this anime was quite good.

I don't know why but I actually liked the art style for its uniqueness. I know it is a 'little bit' too static but still I did like it.

One thing I didn't like was how the show started or rather how did protagonist ended up traveling back in time. Falling down from height is not convincing way to travel back in time but it seems to that the producers/author just says "DEAL WITH IT!". When I saw that scene I was thinking of dropping the show right away but I continued to watch it and enjoyed the rest of episode.
Jul 17, 2014 10:37 AM

Mar 2013
The arts different but it's not bad, I like the music so far and the concept is nice as well as Saburou's character. This 1st episode, I liked it and am hoping the rest are as good.
Rak is a Badass
Jul 17, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
That was beyond my expectations
Great animation and art although let's just say it has its own appeal
Kinda similar to Kingdom with more comedy
and that ending sequences.... that animation was really fluid and well done for anime standard
Definitely in for more
Jul 17, 2014 11:02 AM
Jun 2009
An average episode. The artwork is not bad but the animation is so horrible. The characters look so soulless thanks to their lack of depth eyes. If you cant do it good, then dont do it at all. Stick with what you are good at. Even the animation in Aku no Hana and Sidonia are better than this. The main character is a typical eccentric shounen type that you usually see in mainstream shows. At least he's not dumb.
Jul 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
soluuloi said:
An average episode. The artwork is not bad but the animation is so horrible. The characters look so soulless thanks to their lack of depth eyes. If you cant do it good, then dont do it at all. Stick with what you are good at. Even the animation in Aku no Hana and Sidonia are better than this. The main character is a typical eccentric shounen type that you usually see in mainstream shows. At least he's not dumb.

Lol, I don't think they were out of "skills" or "budget", it was done that way deliberately. Same with Aku no Hana and Sidonia.

Heck, once in a while we get something interesting and creative in a deep mist of anime all the same. The hate will never ends.
Jul 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
Liked the first episode more than Nobuna no yabou, Nobunaga the fool and Nobunagun.
Jul 17, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Akanezora said:
Heck, once in a while we get something interesting and creative in a deep mist of anime all the same. The hate will never ends.

This is my Ping Pong of the summer season, in terms of style.
Jul 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2012
What the fuck is with that characterization? It's almost funny.
Jul 17, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
Not bad. Don't mind the CG but WOW are there plotholes galore.

Gonna give this a few episodes. I like his relationship with Kichou, his wife, and Mamoru Miyano's voice acting. Perhaps this will teach me a thing or two about history? Maybe? Maaaaaaybe?

Kichou >>>> everyone else.
Jul 17, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
currycurry said:

There are? o_O
Jul 17, 2014 8:06 PM
Jun 2009
Akanezora said:

Being new, strange, unique or creative doesnt the same with being "good". No matter how "creative" something is, if it's executed poorly, it will be bad, no exception.
VudisJul 19, 2014 8:58 AM
Jul 17, 2014 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
soluuloi said:
Akanezora said:

Heh? Are you stupid or what? Being new, strange, unique or creative doesnt the same with being "good". No matter how "creative" something is, if it's executed poorly, it will be bad, no exception.

LOL 1/10 after one episode? Can you back up your reasoning with facts, other than the animation being "horrible".

Also, Sidonia's fits it really well. Aku no Hana's is quite distracting but improves it's creepy atmosphere (can't say if it's good or not because I haven't finished watching it yet). This show's also fits it pretty well IMO
Jul 17, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
currycurry said:

There are? o_O
Yup! Off the top of my head, "Nobunaga" can suddenly ride horses like a pro, dodge sword attacks like nothing when his retainer must have a lifetime of experience, no one questioning his future tech....

A lot of it seemed very convenient ("Nobunaga" needs must do a thing and so he does!) to the point of making me cringe with embarrassment, but somehow the show manages to pull it off with charm?

So, while the logic so far doesn't appear to be this show's strong point, shutting my brain off means I can still have fun. Or at least I hope! :O
Jul 17, 2014 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
^ Well, it's not like I was taking this show seriously, like actual serious shows such as Shinsekai Yori or Monster. It seems like it'll be more of the comedy gag theme rather than some sort of military movement. But yeah, those are valid points.

I was a bit bothered that none of the side characters questioned the stuff Nobu was saying.
Jul 17, 2014 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
^ Well, it's not like I was taking this show seriously, like actual serious shows such as Shinsekai Yori or Monster. It seems like it'll be more of the comedy gag theme rather than some sort of military movement. But yeah, those are valid points.

A show can be both comedic and serious, though! Not that I've any idea where to put NC. It's not overtly funny and will likely end tragically on some level, but at times the situations (and "Nobunaga" himself) are have an understated goofiness about them! Really hard to categorize.

Seems like it'll be best just to kick back and let it do its own thing. Whatever that will be.
Jul 18, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
Riding horses isn't that hard, and avoiding the sword can probably be chalked up to how he's obviously an active type + a little luck. They probably think the future stuff is witchcraft or something.
Jul 18, 2014 1:23 AM

Jul 2010
soluuloi said:
Akanezora said:

Being new, strange, unique or creative doesnt the same with being "good". No matter how "creative" something is, if it's executed poorly, it will be bad, no exception.

I feel like I won't get any intelligent discussion from you. How was this executed poorly if it WAS INTENDED to be made so? Take for example Yami Shibai, is it bad? Because the animations are really stiff? No, of course not. If you watched the show you could see how the animations actually make sense in helping the show being REALLY creepy and special on its own.

Not enough? Take for example Ping Pong where they don't show any faces in some scenes, is it because they can't do it? Of course not, not in a million years. It's like that because it was meant to be funny and comedic so that you could've make fun of it. Basically it's the same concept with Nobunaga Concerto.

currycurry said:
mayukachan said:

There are? o_O
Yup! Off the top of my head, "Nobunaga" can suddenly ride horses like a pro, dodge sword attacks like nothing when his retainer must have a lifetime of experience, no one questioning his future tech....

Lol yeah, that thing bugged me the whole episode but I guess I can get over it since the show doesn't really try to be that "realistic" since there are time travels and such you know.
VudisJul 19, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 18, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
Saburou can avoid attacks because he's an acrobat: in Tokyo he juggles with his book then walk on a fence like on a wire. That's why he summersaults and climb trees too. If he's had circus experience -- which is likely because acrobat training isn't that common -- then riding isn't out of the question either (because circus often have horses).

If there's a plot hole it's how or why it's time travel, but since it's only been one episode I wouldn't call it a plot hole at this point.
Jul 18, 2014 12:47 PM
Apr 2012
Surprise first episode of the season. Fantastic start, the CG was good for the most part, the premise is fun and original (well original to me, haven't seen this before) and the main character seems like a good guy. Looking forward to more.
Jul 18, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Story/Characters seemed alright.

The CG/Animation will take some time to get used to, though I don't like or dislike it.
Jul 19, 2014 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the artwork, but the animation was terrible. I'm all up for experimental art, but this just seems poorly done.
Jul 19, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
Horrible Animations for sure, that's what I thought first when I start watch.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed some spam posts.
Jul 19, 2014 3:53 PM

May 2013
EratiK said:
Saburou can avoid attacks because he's an acrobat: in Tokyo he juggles with his book then walk on a fence like on a wire. That's why he summersaults and climb trees too. If he's had circus experience -- which is likely because acrobat training isn't that common -- then riding isn't out of the question either (because circus often have horses).

If there's a plot hole it's how or why it's time travel, but since it's only been one episode I wouldn't call it a plot hole at this point.

From the manga the only explanation for Saburou's physical prowess that I got was his own answer of "I have very good reactions", or something like that. Which I guess is decent enough but I did feel like him being able to ride a horse was still unlikely. Your reason of "circus experience" would make sense... if there was such a setup or background info proving it. However in both the manga and anime nothing is revealed... yet (I doubt it would be anyway).

I wish the time travel instance was also explained more clearly. All we got was that he fell by chance into a wormhole- a pretty poor excuse just to give reason for the setting and whole plot, which is pretty disappointing, given that the author could have done a much better job.

Blackbird said:
Horrible Animations for sure, that's what I thought first when I start watch.

The animation won't sit well with some, that's for sure. But what the anime makes up for it is it's overall attractive and appealing storyline and characters, especially through the main character Saburou's current predicament in trying to live out Nobunaga's life accordingly and his charismatic personality to boot. I actually like the CG animation and art style. In my opinion it fits the anime perfectly and is a nice change of pace.
cowfeenmoosicJul 19, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 20, 2014 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
I quite enjoyed it but the animation was indeed an eyesore, it wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the faces being so doll like.

The episode felt a tad bit rushed but none the less it was fun, thats really all there is to it. The op/ed was fucking awesome though.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
It's truly amazing. No, it's not only original, creative, it's also done masterfully.
Loved the art, animation, premise, pace. Maybe the best anime this season :)
Jul 20, 2014 7:13 PM
Jul 2014
Just watched the first episode and it exceeded my expectations. The music + voice actors are really good. I like the ED, and the ost puts for a relaxing atmosphere. Also really like the MC's attitude.

I was surprised by the animation style at first, but got used to it quickly. Reminds me of Yami Shibai some reason.

There are a few things I would nitpick on, but I'll just turn a blind eye to them.
Jul 20, 2014 9:01 PM

Apr 2008
BakaAniki said:
I think I'm the only one who liked it.

I did too!!!

Art is beautiful!!! <3 Loving the character designs, humour (those one liners!!) and Mamo-san is rocking the Saburou dialogue delivery!!! Animation does take some getting used to but liking that it's different :)
Jul 30, 2014 8:39 AM
Jul 2014
Wow that's one unique anime :) I really enjoyed the first episode. I've never seen anything quiet like it ^^ I must compliment the voice acting and the OST and ED, it sounded great!
Aug 6, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2008
Very interesting character design and animation. Love the BGM, and first ep was really good.

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

132 by oooo3333 »»
Sep 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

40 by R2 »»
Apr 26, 2018 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.