Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the opening episode had some fillers but otherwise was the typical Persona 4. It was nice seeing some of the characters back though.

KUMA~
Ah hearing that brings back the nostalgia. The theme song was nice but damn, the pacing is way too fast.
Jul 10, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
Will watch when I get off work. Is it that bad? Lol I wasn't expecting much but damn. Is the animation quality good?

Jul 10, 2014 12:29 PM
Sep 2013
bestpsychosean said:
Will watch when I get off work. Is it that bad? Lol I wasn't expecting much but damn. Is the animation quality good?

To sum it up. The pacing is bad but the animation quality is great, much better than the original anime's.
Jul 10, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2011
Much better animation than the other Persona 4 anime, but it's advancing really fast. It seems Kanji will be in the next episode; I mean, what's up with that?

I believe this anime is aimed at those who've already watched the other one or have played the game.

And yeah, I also think this Narukami is doing a NG+, just look at how confident and strong he is already.
Jul 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2012
Using the golden opening from p4g was golden. LOVED IT.

I'm loving Yu so far. He even sang "everyday young life junes" with nanako! He does seem a bit too powerful though.

All in all, great first episode, did seem a bit rushed, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Jul 10, 2014 12:59 PM
Jul 2014
Narukami was certainly... different than in the original animation, but besides that, I liked it
Jul 10, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2013
Persona 4 is back! Yu is more talkative now this time around. Nice that they used the new songs from the vita game. Marie's social link has begun already. Adorable Nanako singing that Junes jingle. Everyday's great at your Junes!
Jul 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
At this pacing I can see why this will only run 12 episodes. Great animation. Looking forward to see the story goes with Marie.
Jul 10, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2011
Since I've only watched the first anime and have no experience with the games that was really strange seeing all over again but different. I liked the first with how it eased you into the relationships and all, but I'll keep watching this to see how it differs.
Jul 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
I felt Yu was much more likable here. Quite a BA!

Loving Marie already :3
Jul 10, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
I'm happy with the pacing, I would be bored watching it if it followed the same as the original story. So I'm looking forward to what is different.

The animation is meh, don't know why everyone is saying it's good . . . or better than the first anime. Anyway, I'll keep watching.

Was an ok first episode.

Jul 10, 2014 1:14 PM
Aug 2012
Oh man, the pacing is completely fucked. Kanji is already getting introduced next week? I can't recommend anyone watch this if you haven't played the game or seen the original anime.
Jul 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Ok first episode. I had no idea what was going on half of the time but that's probably because I haven't seen the previous Persona anime or played the game... oh well, I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Yu seems like a good lead (maybe a bit OP) and I actually like the fast pace.

Also the soundtrack is amazing as is best girl HanaKana.

I'd like to give it a 3.5/5 but that's not possible so 4/5 for now.
CaptainKatsuuraJul 10, 2014 1:22 PM
Jul 10, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
This really does feel like a NG+ and Yu is giving off some serious "been there done that before" vibes. He and Izanagi are already very powerful it feels like they could solo the end game bosses already and he is giving off a confident vibe with his character feeling like he already went through his development.

Some others also said he is more talkative and he also sang the Junes song with Nanako right off the bat.

Well if this turns out to be true this might be quite interesting to watch and see what they do with it.

DragoonDeusJul 10, 2014 1:56 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 10, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
It feels like if the player already had beaten the game and it just like "ok let's see what the new extra stuff in this golden version is " XD. It was fun I guess.
If you haven't play the game I wouldn't recommend you to watch it.
Jul 10, 2014 1:26 PM

Jun 2011
Holy Shieet. That's waay overpowered. he only fought 3 shadows in the *original* anime but here he fights thousands >.>
Theorder14Jul 10, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 10, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2011
Aww yes. This is exactly what i was hoping it would be.
Jul 10, 2014 1:39 PM
Sep 2013
From the looks of the next episode preview, it looks like this anime's main focus is to cover all the golden exclusive scenes and as a lot of other people have said already this does seem like a NG+ for Yu as he's very confident and talkative compared to the original as well as OP.

Also I'm pretty sure Yu x Marie will be made the official couple in this anime as well.
Jul 10, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
From the looks of the next episode preview, it looks like this anime's main focus is to cover all the golden exclusive scenes and as a lot of other people have said already this does seem like a NG+ for Yu as he's very confident and talkative compared to the original as well as OP.

Also I'm pretty sure Yu x Marie will be made the official couple in this anime as well.

Yea, it was pretty clear seeing those butterflies.
Jul 10, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2014
I've never watched or read ANYTHING to do with Persona 4 or the entire Persona series for that matter. I'm very excited though to start watching this to start, but I've been reading it might be best to watch other stuff before this particular series? Seems hard to tell if that's the case after 1 episode, but do you all think this is fine to start with?
Jul 10, 2014 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah animations and arts quality is amazing but pace is just too fast, they made this anime just for Marie.
Like everyone said it does feel like NG+ here. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 10, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
Yep, this isn't like Psycho-Pass which is the same thing with extra scenes. This is pretty much an alternate universe where Yu is less of a blank faced protag and Marie is the spotlight girl. I DON'T recommend this as a substitute to the original game.

And I believe there's going to be more focus on the SOL-stuff which is fine since P4 excels on that.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
Dat Persona 3 Crossover eyecatcher.
That was great, rushed, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I actually liked the pacing somehow.
Overpowered NG+ Narukami is hilarious, remebered me that I actually liked him a lot in the game.
Animation and art was great, a lot better than the nearly unbearable first adaption.

Jul 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
@Dofy you'll be completely lost in this anime. You should at least watch the original Persona 4 The Animation before getting into this one.

@topic
Dat izanagi level 99 though. And the new game+ idea was just awesome! I'm actually very excited to watch this. :3

Oh yeah, and it seems that Narukami is completely after social links. I mean, just look at the way he just greets people and shake their hand. lol xD
Jul 10, 2014 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
I can't get over how fast everything just happened. Must be cause it's a remake I keep thinking of the original. Sadly I don't think I can watch this, 12 episodes, guess some scenes from the game will be cut out since they were in the original animation, maybe some clubs and side stuff.
Rak is a Badass
Jul 10, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, I'm super loving this adaptation. Yes -- that's right -- adapatation, not must-include-everything-from-the-game anime version. They're actually using some creativity!!

Damn, that OP. Golden music, character intros, Ai bossing around Adachi. All is good with the world.

100% in love with Yu. I thought they were going to make him somewhat cooler, but instead he's even more a cheesy dork than I remember.

YOU SING THAT JUNES THEME SONG. YOU SHAKE EVERYBODY'S HAND.

All this talk of rotten food. Rotten food from the Dojima fridge WHEN.
> Eat it?

Yosuke. MY BUNNY BOY KANJI. <3

Guess the important gamey bits (dungeons + rescue blahblah) are going to be glossed over for HAPPY SMILE TIME. I am OK with this. The murder mystery is why you play the game, but the characters are why you love it.
Jul 10, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2010
It's a great first episode. Yu was funny, he maxed courage and this is New Game +.
I really like Marie, I only knew her by name, I can't play P4 Golden but I have played Persona 4 at least three times on my PS2.
I don't know how will they go with the story, still I enjoy the beautiful animation.
Jul 10, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
NG+ and they made it just for Marie. I kinda wish they would just make a special or a movie for this instead they take up one slot of Summer Anime.
Jul 10, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
gaabk3 said:
@Dofy you'll be completely lost in this anime. You should at least watch the original Persona 4 The Animation before getting into this one.

Thanks, will do then. I wouldn't want to ruin this series, as I'm pretty excited to watch for the animation alone almost (I'm a sucker for that). I'll give the original a go at some point soon then.
Jul 10, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
Hum... rushed.
I only noticed now that it's a single cour, I touhgt it would be an adaptation like the previous anime but with the new stuff.

But Yu has a different personality on this version, it was funny.
Jul 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
CaptainKatsuura said:
Ok first episode. I had no idea what was going on half of the time but that's probably because I haven't seen the previous Persona anime or played the game...

Watch Persona 4 before u start with Persona 4 Golden Animation.
This Anime is rushing and the filler "Marie" is....meh...nothing special. The animation was great, but you can completely kick off the storyline. It's like skipping until i see Marie parts.

2/5
Jul 10, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
WARNING!!!: Do not watch this unless you are familiar with either the original persona 4 anime or the persona 4 game (either the golden or the original), you will be incredibly lost and feel that it's completely rushed.

That being said, this first episode was wonderful. I loved how Yu was presented in this version of the anime, which is very refreshing compared to how they portrayed Makoto in the first persona 3 movie (granted he was more or less a player avatar in the game and he does have plenty chances of improving his boring character in the next few movies). The animation was crisp and the comedy was golden. I think this will be a great anime in the long run especially with the next episode covering operation babe hunt part deux.
Jul 10, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
Everyone wondering why it's "rushed": it's not really. This is going to be 12 episodes long. Persona 4 Animation was 25+1. Of course the first few introduction eps are going to be fast paced to get to the main story quickly. They want you to play the game to fully understand the story after all.

That being said, I am liking the quality. Hope they keep it up.
Jul 10, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
Oh boy just when i finally moved on from p4 after finishing golden late last year atlus made this announcement truly want to believe this is the end of the p4 milking lol it's little insane.
plan on watching it later only looked to see if we were actually starting all over again, so i guess the pacing is gonna be real fast to get to the golden events? which is fine by me because i liked most of them besides marie but Hanazawa voicing her might make it easier for me.

yep this sure is New Game+ Yu got all dem max Status,he doesn't take shit from no one and does what he wants!
katsu044Jul 10, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 10, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
I've played Persona 4 but I haven't played Persona 4 the Golden so I am really looking forward for this adaptation. This Marie character is alien to me haha. I feel the pacing is alright since I don't want to rewatch the whole intro thing (Maybe it's different in P4G, IDK). You guys mention this is NG+ too, that surprises me though. Would love to see the anime in that perspective.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
Jul 10, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
I was stalking the Crunchyroll comments because HYPE and found this gem:
CR said:
This a New Game+ version of events that happened in the previous anime/game. You don't necessarily have to watch the last one or have played the game, but do be aware that they will be glossing over some things compared to last time.
which expresses my feelings on the matter nicely.

Still shocked that they're going with New Game+ but everything points to it. The forward, chipper attitude, the one-shot KO shadows, the maziodyne (AOE Lightning), the megidolaon (AOE powerful magic attack)... if this were Yu at the beginning he'd be a lot more reserved and apathetic. Even "The Golden Days" seems like not only a title drop but a man looking back in nostolgia on the best times of his life.

I... I'm just really affected, somehow. Didn't know I missed these kids this much. ;_;
Jul 10, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
WHAT WAS THAT OMG Y H G HJ

I'm not really sure if I loved or hated what they did, but it was certainly... something. The new awakening scene had me speechless, it was so endearingly stupid.

The mega-fast pacing and NG+ troll behaviour may just have been the best thing to do in this situation.

This is strictly a fans-only thing, please don't watch this for an introduction to Persona 4. Play the game instead.
Jul 10, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2013
CaptainKatsuura said:
Ok first episode. I had no idea what was going on half of the time but that's probably because I haven't seen the previous Persona anime or played the game... oh well, I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Yu seems like a good lead (maybe a bit OP) and I actually like the fast pace.

Also the soundtrack is amazing as is best girl HanaKana.

I'd like to give it a 3.5/5 but that's not possible so 4/5 for now.

Yu is OP because this is NG+

Why are their heads so small?
Jul 10, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2007
Amazing. I like it more then the first series. :D Using Goldens opening song and even kept the style introducing the characters. Oh hell yes. It's already been beaten to death but its clearly NG+ story here. Talking back to King Moron and Izangi was so powerful. xD I can actually forgive the pacing of this since the beginning of P4 is soo long and I'm happy they made it enjoyable. I'm already excited for the next ep since I really can't wait to see how they handle all the Golden exclusive stuff.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 10, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
The art was absolutely dreadful and it seemed really rushed.

> Production: A-1 Pictures

Ah, that's why.
Jul 10, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2008
This was horrible. New comers into P4 should 1. watch the original animation or 2. play the game cause this is so rushed and fast paced and just makes no sense like wow.

Jul 10, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
The pacing is too fast and it's lacking character.
Just hitting on the major scenes, no added character interactions or dialogue.
The production values are nice though
Jul 10, 2014 4:43 PM
Mar 2014
So this anime is devoted to Marie, the bikes, the beach, and the ski trip, and is meant to be a supplement to the original anime right?
Jul 10, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
I dont remenber Izanagi being so strong.
Dam you New Game +
Jul 10, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2010
watched the first one + the movie and i really dont feel like watching this a "third" time for a few extras.
Jul 10, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
yeah won't watch that.. feels like blazblue all over again.
Jul 10, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2011
Wow is Yu new game + or something? He's looking op as hell and he's making the manly decisions from the game I see.
Jul 10, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2013
Kerozinn said:
watched the first one + the movie and i really dont feel like watching this a "third" time for a few extras.
What movie? You mean the Persona 3 movie? The one about a completely different story?
Jul 10, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
lx_theo said:
Kerozinn said:
What movie? You mean the Persona 3 movie? The one about a completely different story?

Kerozinn most likely means this movie, as it is indeed just a recap of the Persona 4 anime.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.