Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 10, 2014 7:30 PM

That censoring really killed it... I'm thinking about waiting for the DVD release when it shouldn't be censored.

Jul 10, 2014 7:31 PM
SayonaraSelena said:
keragamming said:

If the lack of explanation is what you don't like about this series, then I can bet you're not a fan of snk then. Any was this episode was pretty good, the censoring is a bit too much.

If you meant SNK = Shingeki No Kyojin then you're correct. I do hate it too, but not most because of lack information. If I remember correctly they have mentioned the year Titan appeared and the recently OVA atleast opened my mind a bit.
Anyway, Let's talk back to TG, there are few ridiculous things pop out in my head:
1) There is many ghoul out there, they eat people for living, so why in the day people not showing they are scare or discussing about the ghoul, or atleast any news to tell them not go outside at night. The CGG (or CCG) looks poor and patheic.
2) The ghoul, which I hated most. Just jerking around and talk about morality and life while eating people's organ. When the main character turned in to the ghoul. They just like "Hey, you're ghoul. I'm gonna teach you how to live like a ghoul without any information about how we're born"

Considering the anime is still only on episode 2 am not sure what the hell your expecting. If you can't be patient to wait like a normal person, for them to explain your 'problems' (Some of which are already addressed) then just drop the show. If you didn't like Shiki, your not gonna like this.

Jul 10, 2014 7:39 PM

dedeogbe said:
SayonaraSelena said:

If you meant SNK = Shingeki No Kyojin then you're correct. I do hate it too, but not most because of lack information. If I remember correctly they have mentioned the year Titan appeared and the recently OVA atleast opened my mind a bit.
Anyway, Let's talk back to TG, there are few ridiculous things pop out in my head:
1) There is many ghoul out there, they eat people for living, so why in the day people not showing they are scare or discussing about the ghoul, or atleast any news to tell them not go outside at night. The CGG (or CCG) looks poor and patheic.
2) The ghoul, which I hated most. Just jerking around and talk about morality and life while eating people's organ. When the main character turned in to the ghoul. They just like "Hey, you're ghoul. I'm gonna teach you how to live like a ghoul without any information about how we're born"

Considering the anime is still only on episode 2 am not sure what the hell your expecting. If you can't be patient to wait like a normal person, for them to explain your 'problems' (Some of which are already addressed) then just drop the show. If you didn't like Shiki, your not gonna like this.

I'm already say that after episode 1, I read ~ 40 chapters of the manga and still no explaintion so what is the problem ?

Jul 10, 2014 7:45 PM
SayonaraSelena said:

I'm already say that after episode 1, I read ~ 40 chapters of the manga and still no explaintion so what is the problem ?

This conversation is gonna end up bad. Can we just say that you have expressed your opinion on the anime/manga and we can stop arguing with each other? But I guess these sorts of arguments happen and the world would've been a much better place if everyone stops fighting.

Edit: I just realised that I always point out the obvious, sorry if this annoys people who've seen some of my other posts :(
Edit2: lol, I'm not even doing any help to the fire, am I?
Modified by soraibi, Jul 10, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 10, 2014 7:45 PM
SayonaraSelena said:
dedeogbe said:

What isn't explained in the manga? The only thing we haven't gotten to is what ghouls are, and how they came about. which is to be expected seeing as people will keep reading to find out. Apart from that your issues are cleared up by chapter 40 of the manga. Number 1 in particular. Not arguing am just trying to point out that your demands are illogical for a series only on episode 2. And as i said if you don't like series like Shiki, which deal with difficult questions on morality, then there's no point in you continuing this .
Modified by dedeogbe, Jul 10, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 10, 2014 7:56 PM

@SayonaraSelena It seems you don't like these kind of anime. *look at his list. Sao 2 he gave it a 10, also he has no game no life in his favorite list. And I'm not trying to say your taste is bad or anything since I like those series as well, but it seems you're not a fan of dark edgy series. Which is not a problem, but you should just stare clear from these series from now on.

Jul 10, 2014 7:58 PM

keragamming said:
He seems to not like these kind of anime. look at his list. Sao 2 he gave it a 10, also he has no game no life in his favorite list. And I'm not trying to say your taste is bad or anything since I like those series as well, but it seems you're not a fan of dark edgy series.

Actually i'm a fan of dark series.
I don't want to make people upset, If I did, I'm sorry.
I'm gonna leave it at here.

Jul 10, 2014 8:01 PM

That censoring was so... ew. It was pretty hard to tell what was even going on with the why they did it. Anyways, overall this episode was just okay. I feel like all of the excitement got killed because of the censoring. The opening was good. Although... I kinda wish they didn't show Kaneki with white hair in it mostly because in my opinion, it sorta killed the excitement/surprise of his transformation lol. And the ending, I actually don't care about. The artwork in it is gorgeous yes, but it's basically a Power Point presentation with scrolling text set to music.

Hopefully this episode is just a bump in the road and everything will improve. Really hoping that they aren't going to be rushing the anime too much. I don't think I'm going to really be too excited with this anime until we get to the manga's current arc as that's where most of my interest with Tokyo Ghoul is.

Jul 10, 2014 8:03 PM

Loved the episode, except the censoring :( but I guess I kind of expected it. Definitely gonna watch it again when the BD's come out.
[spoiler]PLACEHOLDER

Jul 10, 2014 8:07 PM

keragamming said:
@SayonaraSelena It seems you don't like these kind of anime. *look at his list. Sao 2 he gave it a 10, also he has no game no life in his favorite list. And I'm not trying to say your taste is bad or anything since I like those series as well, but it seems you're not a fan of dark edgy series. Which is not a problem, but you should just stare clear from these series from now on.

The 2 are pretty different, to me anyway. SnK the story is mainly about where did the titans come from and how to stop them. Tokyo Ghoul the story is more about how to get the ghouls to adapt to humanity before being wiped out (and Kaneki adapting to becoming a ghoul). The bit of how the ghouls even came into existence is never even touched upon, a tleast not that I remember from what's been scanlated.

Jul 10, 2014 8:10 PM

solid episode that Op being kick ass has lead me hyped to seeing kaneki grow

worst part of this was indeed the censoring it was overkill felt like it was just trying to pretend it was paint lol

even if Nishiki an dick i doubt hes dead actually feel he might become a ally at some point oddly enough

Jul 10, 2014 8:19 PM

SayonaraSelena said:
keragamming said:
He seems to not like these kind of anime. look at his list. Sao 2 he gave it a 10, also he has no game no life in his favorite list. And I'm not trying to say your taste is bad or anything since I like those series as well, but it seems you're not a fan of dark edgy series.

Actually i'm a fan of dark series.
I don't want to make people upset, If I did, I'm sorry.
I'm gonna leave it at here.

I'm not upset or anything, just talking from what I see from your list. It would be best if you add more anime in your list. Because all the anime that are in your list are fairly light hearted series. And it might give someone the wrong impression including myself.

antonn said:
keragamming said:

The 2 are pretty different, to me anyway. SnK the story is mainly about where did the titans come from and how to stop them. Tokyo Ghoul the story is more about how to get the ghouls to adapt to humanity before being wiped out (and Kaneki adapting to becoming a ghoul). The bit of how the ghouls even came into existence is never even touched upon, a tleast not that I remember from what's been scanlated.

I know that, I was just using snk as a example since both series is dark and gory.

Jul 10, 2014 8:29 PM

Kaneki annoys me. "IM A HUMAN IM A HUMAN BOKU WA NINGEN DA" well obviously not...

With these shows, it's painful to think about how NONE of it would have ever happened if such little things were changed. In this case, he could have just skipped the date.

Jul 10, 2014 8:46 PM

i liked the op i don't know about the ed i guess its so-so

the censorship makes it hard to follow wtf is going on

Jul 10, 2014 8:50 PM

Yeah, the plot has all but lost me. Annoying censorship. Unstylized violence. And all in service of what's basically a shonen action show. Dropped.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck

Jul 10, 2014 8:53 PM
Def not a shounen but ok

Jul 10, 2014 8:57 PM

worse censoring

Jul 10, 2014 9:13 PM

Pretty good episode. What happened at the first scene? I couldn't tell because the screen was completely black :/

Jul 10, 2014 9:16 PM

stupid censoring. I am thinking about waiting for the BD :/

Jul 10, 2014 9:16 PM

Eh people are complaining about the Nishiki fight censoring? Wait that was censoring? I thought they were trying to be stylish and thought it was a nice touch lol. The first scenes though..eh no amount of inversion can work on a black screen.

It kind of felt like things were happening too quickly though but I don't mind. That said, I really enjoyed it. The OP is amazing, I like the ED too.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Jul 10, 2014 9:33 PM
Spoony Bard

Was Hide listening in to the convo the whole time?
That would be pretty freaking awesome, I'm starting to like that kid more and more.

Good episode. Didn't like the whole "suddenly I have powers" plot device, considering we didn't even know they existed, nor have we received an explanation.
But, it was still okay.
I like how Kaneki is distinguishing himself from other ghouls...instead of just turning into one, he's still retaining his humanity.

Ughh...I can't stand how bland Kaneki is, though. I hope he gets more personality in the future.
I keep comparing purple-haired girl to Rukia. Similar plot actually with Bleach.

VanishingKira said:
What it should have been:

Please put a spoiler tag with gory gifs...that freaked me out.
Modified by fishergirl16, Jul 10, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 10, 2014 9:35 PM

Godly opening and great episode. So I guess he does have to eat flesh? I was hoping there was an alternative I guess that'd be to cliche'd. At one point I thought he was gonna start eating other ghouls.

I dunno but I don't think that other guy is dead either.He's in the opening and I'd be surprise to see him already killed off. If he is then lol @ him.

Was really hoping to see Touka in action, that was my only disappointment about this episode, they skipped it and showed she had injuries after.

Jul 10, 2014 9:35 PM

can ghouls eat other ghouls? if so there was a all u can eat meal hanging from the roof

Jul 10, 2014 9:36 PM
That censoring. I couldn't even tell what was going on. Is Nishiki dead?

Otherwise. Beautiful opening. Love it. The episode is also quite solid, I'm glad Hide didn't get killed. That part where it shows him awake has me wondering if he'll be involved in the plot in the future. I'm interested on what he'll do now that he knows Kaneki is a ghoul now.

That scene with Touka and the butterfly was pretty. I see that she also has injuries. I'm curious at what happened there.

Jul 10, 2014 9:47 PM

SayonaraSelena said:
dedeogbe said:

The only thing about ghouls that has been explained is where they originated from, but you learn plenty of other stuff about them as plot goes on. That is the best way handled world-buliding instead of info dumping everything about them one go.

Jul 10, 2014 9:47 PM
Can someone who's read the manga tell me if this series gets better than a vampire story rehash?

Jul 10, 2014 9:53 PM

HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
Can someone who's read the manga tell me if this series gets better than a vampire story rehash?

For one thing it's not vampire rehash, and other if you actually care about character depth and story where things aren't don't consist of black and white morality then it should be right your alley.

Jul 10, 2014 9:58 PM
Jagd84 said:
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:

For one thing it's not vampire rehash, and other if you actually care about character depth and story where things aren't don't consist of black and white morality then it should be right your alley.

I'm just saying, I feel like I've seen this type of story a lot before. Like it's pretty predictable. He'll feel like giving in to his dark side but then something happens at the last second to save him but he eventually accepts his dark side and gives in. Plus being a grey morality show isn't too special nowadays :/

If I'm completely wrong, please correct me

Jul 10, 2014 10:03 PM

fishergirl16 said:
That would be pretty freaking awesome, I'm starting to like that kid more and more.

Good episode. Didn't like the whole "suddenly I have powers" plot device, considering we didn't even know they existed, nor have we received an explanation.
But, it was still okay.
I like how Kaneki is distinguishing himself from other ghouls...instead of just turning into one, he's still retaining his humanity.

Ughh...I can't stand how bland Kaneki is, though. I hope he gets more personality in the future.
I keep comparing purple-haired girl to Rukia. Similar plot actually with Bleach.

VanishingKira said:
What it should have been:

Please put a spoiler tag with gory gifs...that freaked me out.

I think you weren't paying attention.It makes sense he has Powers he has Rize's Ghoul powers(Whatever that's called I forgot) the police also said that Rize and Jason was S-type Ghouls meaning pretty powerful.
Anyway there's a lot of stuff that was cut in and Go give the manga whirl also don't give up on the anime it starts getting better.

Jul 10, 2014 10:05 PM

fishergirl16 said:
That would be pretty freaking awesome, I'm starting to like that kid more and more

Yes he did.

I giggled when I see Kaneki sitting on a chair in the opening.

They squished another 4-5 chapters. I didn't like this episode because they skipped many minor things that actually make this part enjoyable, such as the conversation between Kaneki and senpai that's supposed to be longer and more philosophical. They also skipped the explanation why Hide tells Kaneki to leave first instead of going to senpai's house with him. The conversation between manager and Kaneki is supposed to be longer too. Man, so many things missing in this episode. They're really rushing this series, but that's probably because they want to get the interesting part of the manga.

Jul 10, 2014 10:07 PM

I hope he overcome his inner demon soon because its really starting to get annoying.

I though Hide was a ghoul. It seems I was wrong.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Jul 10, 2014 10:09 PM

so kaneki was fed human flesh while he was unconscious. i wonder if he'll be able to consume flesh when he's awake. i hope that's the case since the point of this episode was to combat some of his inner struggles with his diet

Jul 10, 2014 10:09 PM

Please, someone tell me that not every fight in this anime will be censored like that... Thats one way to ruin the show.

Jul 10, 2014 10:10 PM
I don't like how in the anime they show Rize talking to him in his mind unlike in the manga (people who have read the manga know what i'm talking about). In the manga it was different! So far, compared to other mangas vs anime of a series, this holds to the manga pretty well. even the dialouge. Unlike Sankarea or some others. I admit I would have perfered it to be uncensored, but I guess whatever. They showed the "Doves" too early though.

Jul 10, 2014 10:14 PM

KuroKuma01 said:
I don't like how in the anime they show Rize talking to him in his mind unlike in the manga (people who have read the manga know what i'm talking about). In the manga it was different! So far, compared to other mangas vs anime of a series, this holds to the manga pretty well. even the dialouge. Unlike Sankarea or some others. I admit I would have perfered it to be uncensored, but I guess whatever. They showed the "Doves" too early though.

I like it really its a nice touch.It showed that Kaneki is descending into madness because of his hunger.
ALSO TO THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW CENSORING WORKS.GO WAIT FOR THE DVD RELEASE WHERE EVERYTHING IS UNCENSORED OR JUST BE QUICK ABOUT IT AND WATCH THE RAWS BEFORE FUNIMATION CENSORS IT.

Jul 10, 2014 10:30 PM

sorry but the censoring killed the anime for me
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.

Jul 10, 2014 10:45 PM

ugh i'm so scared that they're gonna squish everything in after seeing the opening.

it's cool if it's more than one cour but if not....

Jul 10, 2014 10:50 PM

Awesome episode again. Kaneki goes through great deal of emotions again in this episode. Maybe the mangaka is a sadist LETS BUTCHER THE MC's LIFE!

But those retarded censors ffs, If only they remove those censors, I'll enjoy it 10x more. BD versions in need. :<

OP song is very good but ED was average, still loved the illustrations in ED though, Kaneki looks so cool. Kaneki's Ghoul self so BA!!!! and who was that white haired guy at the end? Kaneki? He looks so cool. >_<

Dammmnn, HanaKana's seductive voice totally suits Rize. I'll say it again, Yandere HanaKana role is the best Hanakana role.

Nishiki confirmed asshole character #1 of Summer Season, Nishiki feeds on animal feces too, this guy is literally shit.

Loved that standout and the fight of Kaneki vs Nishiki. Kaneki 0wned. :D

Hide and Kaneki's friendship was beautifully done. :) And Hide knows Kaneki is a ghoul but I guess he will remain silent about this, such a good friend indeed.

Easily tops the season for me along with Barakamon, this anime is so good. Even the gore is done so well unlike it's other gore counterpart shows. :D

Jul 10, 2014 10:53 PM

Good episode but so much censoring.

Jul 10, 2014 11:00 PM

Damn, that was so fucking epic!

Man it's just feels to be that guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 10, 2014 11:01 PM

Agreed with you guys. The episode is really good, but censoring really pisses me off -_-

Jul 10, 2014 11:13 PM

Meh i'll drop this show until a uncencored version is released.
How do I signature?

Jul 10, 2014 11:28 PM

I found that majority of people who dislike this show have NGNL in favorites with 10. Coincidence...?
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.

Jul 10, 2014 11:34 PM

Man, i hate the mc kaneki so annoying atm & i love the OP, liked the ep especially that fight.

Jul 10, 2014 11:38 PM
slovak125 said:
I found that majority of people who dislike this show have NGNL in favorites with 10. Coincidence...?

So what conclusion did you draw out from tha observation Slovak-Kun?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.

Jul 10, 2014 11:56 PM

pretty cool
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Jul 11, 2014 12:21 AM

bonifide said:
All that damn censoring. Well i'm dropping it for now and wont pick it up until they get to the manga current arc. Plus since they rushing it so quick even though its a top selling manga probably be soon for that arc to show up. For those of you who watched Attack on Titan was it rushed like this because i only read the manga.

How are they rushing it so quick? They've only covered like 9 chaps and Tokyo Ghoul has short ass chaps with shit tons of filler. Did you not know that the raws are over chap 100? Like way over. 9 chaps is nothing.

Jul 11, 2014 12:23 AM

Wow that fucking censoring in the beginning...what the fuck is this Pupa all over again?

Lol jokes aside pretty good episode. I see that they changed it in the anime from the manga where Kaneki discovers coffee is drinkable. But they did so in a way that really didn't change anything so that's good.

My memory from the beginning chaps is a little vague, but in the manga did he keep having those hallucinations of Rize when he was in his apartment and when he was going to eat Hide? Or did they add that?

Also I noticed that since the first episode that Rize is voiced by the goddess Hanezawa Kana. I cant really complain since it's Kana and every character she voices is perfect and a part of me likes Rize even more now, but at the same time she wouldn't have been my choice for Rize's seiyuu. I imagined a lower pitched voice that could really emphasize the sinister and alluring way she talks, plus she's the age of a college student which is difficult for Kana's light hearted voice to reflect.
Modified by Jonesy974, Jul 11, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 11, 2014 12:26 AM
Jonesy974 said:
Wow that fucking censoring in the beginning...what the fuck is this Pupa all over again?

Lol jokes aside pretty good episode. I see that they changed it in the anime from the manga where Kaneki discovers coffee is drinkable. But they did so in a way that really didn't change anything so that's good.

My memory from the beginning chaps is a little vague, but in the magma did he keep having those hallucinations of Rize when he was in his apartment and when he was going to eat Hide? Or did they add that?

They added it.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.

Jul 11, 2014 12:40 AM

I came out to watch gore but I am honestly feeling so fooled right now (if you know what I mean)

But man, I love what they do with Rize's hair and the BG when the music just picks up the tempo, dunno why I am just repeating that part. The OP is awesome.

Did Hide lose his hand?

I just hope this angst ends soon. I like how they are doing it and if anyone else was in Kaneki's place, they would have reacted the same, but too much of it can ruin this awesome anime.

I am starting to like Touko. The ED is okay/ somewhat nice.

8/10

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »