Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who Do You Prefer?
Jul 8, 2014 11:14 PM
Mar 2012
Even though I don't like how passive Kou is, I prefer him over Touma. Touma does look like the perfect love mate, but he seems too possessive over Futaba.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2014 11:33 PM

Mar 2012
The first guy is always THE guy. Trust.
Jul 8, 2014 11:44 PM

Nov 2012
KOU, I just can't stand Touma.
Kou seems more real. I think Touma being a "prefect guy" is just a facade, which might be the reason of his insecurities.
Also, I no longer see Touma looking to win the affection of Futaba, but rather looking to beat Kou, and to prove he is better than Kou, while Kou couldn't care less about Touma and is actually trying to get Futaba back (Although, if Kou would do it faster would be nice).
Also, IMO In all the confrontations Touma started and lost against Kou, he has even proven he is not a better person than Kou.
Jul 9, 2014 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
Touma started out fine but then he got so...aggressive and ignored reality that she wasn't ready but he basically forced her. He always seems to be pushing her, like when he surprise kissed her.

Like what was said above it seems like he basically did it because he wanted to keep her away from Kou more then he wanted her. I have no doubt that he had some feelings for her but he went like right into overdrive it seems like. He barely knew her or even talked to her but then he saw her and Kou and that situation (from his outsider point of view) and he became annoying.
Jul 9, 2014 2:09 AM
Dec 2013
Kou. I don't like Touma
Jul 9, 2014 2:27 AM
Sep 2013
Kou for me cuz Touma does only care about his own feelings while Kou wants Futuba to be happy.I kinda have a weakness for the guys with altruistic love!
Jul 9, 2014 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
wtfitsmegaman said:
Kou for me cuz Touma does only care about his own feelings while Kou wants Futuba to be happy.I kinda have a weakness for the guys with altruistic love!

This can explain everything. Actually, I don't mind if there would be a spin-off where Futaba would end up with Touma in the end but stiill, I'll end up rooting for the mature guy who can wait and even accept the decision of the one he likes a.k.a KOU :))
o.0
Sep 7, 2014 8:24 AM
Sep 2014
I really like Kou, although he screwed a lot with Futaba, but in the end he is just a 17-year old guy with no love experience and a lot of insecurities. But, he is really sincere in his love for her, he was always true to her and never loved, went out or kisses anyone else (it was Narumi who kissed him).
Futaba instead...what is she doing with Touma?? I stopped liking her when she decided to forget Kou by being with another guy. It's just selfish and immature, and so cruel for everybody (Kou, Touma and her). Seriously, what the hell! Ninako in Strobe Edge was a lot more honest. It's like Futaba's feelings are not serious!!!
Touma is just plain and annoying. Really pitiful and foolish.
But I am afraid the story will end with Touma and Futaba being together, since so much has been compromised already, and to go back to Kou Futaba's character should really become even more selfish.
So, despite I am hoping for Kou to win, I think he will not :(
Also, a K+F ending would be too similar to Strobe Edge's plot, and I don't think Sakisaka will repeat herself.
What do you think? Please convince me I am wrong!!!
Sep 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Nov 2012
Midorilla said:

But I am afraid the story will end with Touma and Futaba being together, since so much has been compromised already, and to go back to Kou Futaba's character should really become even more selfish.
Also, a K+F ending would be too similar to Strobe Edge's plot, and I don't think Sakisaka will repeat herself.
What do you think? Please convince me I am wrong!!!

I guess a Touma ending is possible, however I see it very unlikely the way this manga has been going. I don't really agree with so much has been already compromise, so far the only thing Futaba has done for Touma is agreeing to go out with him after his continuous attempts. I would actually think it would be more selfish if she continues to try dating him even thought she is not feeling anything, as well as I think it is pretty selfish of Touma to keep trying when he even admitted he force her a little and knows that she is not feeling anything, and would be even worse if he has known all along that Kou has feelings for her and no one else.
I don't really think Futaba is that selfish for what she is doing. I just can't blame her for dating Touma. If Touma gets heartbroken, that is his own fault. He used the situation and even admitted, and what would anybody expect of a heartbroken high school girl, who is being pressure not only by Touma, but in a way as well by her friends to date him.
IMO I would even say that precisely cause neither Kou and Futaba were selfish they are not together now. If Kou wouldn't have care about Narumi this may have not have happened, and the same with Futaba, if she would have just care about her own happiness she wouldn't be trying so hard to make Touma happy ( Kind of weird, considering Touma was the one supposed to make her happy and forget all about Kou).

I really don't think Ao haru Ride is that similar to strobe edge. I don't even think the main characters match. Mainly, IMO I think it would be an insult to compare Ando with Touma. Ando was by far a better guy than Touma, and the same with other characters except for Ren. Kou is better than Ren and I don't know if it is just me, but I have more of an Ando vibe from Kou.

Finally, let's supposed that Futaba will end up with Touma, I would think the author might want to get Kou out the picture already and try to get some chapters where Futuba starts developing feelings for Touma because so far she hasn't and it would be pretty lame if she ends up with Touma, just like that without any backstory. The more I think about it, the more difficult I think it is to have an ending where Futaba does not end up with Kou.
Sep 8, 2014 12:31 AM
Sep 2014
Hi Jose21! First of all: thanks for your reply! I absolutely loved reading your considerations and I must say I am feeling a lot relieved about Kou and Futaba :D

jose21 said:

what would anybody expect of a heartbroken high school girl, who is being pressure not only by Touma, but in a way as well by her friends to date him.

Absolutely agree with this. Frankly, I am a bit upset with Murao and Kominato for knowing the truth (Kou is not with Narumi and loves Futaba) and not telling her or helping the two get together. "It's better if she moves forward" - how can they know that? Especially after seeing how much Kou cares for her, and she for him. I bet the big revelation at some point will come from Murao, who will eventually understand the couple's feelings and regret holding the truth from Futaba. I don't think Kou will spill everything out himself, not because it wouldn't be in his style, but because this kind of indirect revelations add drama to the plot!

jose21 said:

I really don't think Ao haru Ride is that similar to strobe edge. I don't even think the main characters match. Mainly, IMO I think it would be an insult to compare Ando with Touma. Ando was by far a better guy than Touma, and the same with other characters except for Ren. Kou is better than Ren and I don't know if it is just me, but I have more of an Ando vibe from Kou.

Yeah, I agree, the two stories are not similar at all, like the characters aren't. I was just suggesting that the love triangle is similar, and if Kour and Futaba get together, then it will be like in Strobe Edge, where the original couple wins.
But I agree with you, the characters in Ao Haru Ride are MUCH better! Ren was kinda "flat", a nice guy but not really fun or lively, whereas Kou is so much more complicated and interesting...he is also more masculine (in my view) and brave. He can say what he thinks clearly, and I LOVED how he kissed Futaba as soon as he got a chance. That scene gave me butterflies in my stomach! I was a big supporter of Ren, but I am MADLY in love with Kou. He's just so great, so fun and sarcastic and yet so deep. Aaaaah (heart eyes).

jose21 said:

Finally, let's supposed that Futaba will end up with Touma, I would think the author might want to get Kou out the picture already and try to get some chapters where Futuba starts developing feelings for Touma because so far she hasn't

This is actually a very good point. It's true that if Futaba and Touma were to be together "forever", then the story with Kou would have to be over. But maybe that's what the next chapter is about, could it be? I hope not, LOL.
I do not agree though that Futaba does not have feelings for Touma. She does still have feelings for Kou, but she is also developing a thing for Touma. This "I don't want to hurt him" thing, and the way she can't stop thinking about him after he first kissed her, show that she is liking him. Also, she runs to him whenever she sees him, and when she is waiting alone in the class with Kou (the time he is sewing the button, ahah, so cute) she thinks "this is the first time I don't feel anything for him" and she is at ease even though they are alone. It's true that during and after the school trip she is starting to have stronger feelings for him again. I guess though what will make ever definitely fall for him again is the revelation that he has never been with Narumi.

I can't wait for the next chapter!!!
Sep 8, 2014 2:09 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
At first, I liked Kou. Touma, I never liked him. But after all those chapters, I don't like Kou anymore either.

If I had to pick up a male from the series though... Definitely Tanaka.
Sep 8, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually torn. I like Touma, he's a nice kid and I feel bad for him. We all know it's going to end with Kou though so I won't get too attached to Touma, but I feel really bad for him. In the end this whole mess IS Kou's fault for being an idiot.
Sep 10, 2014 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
Kou, I don't think it's right for Touma to love Futaba even he knows kou is still in her heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2008
"Prefer" as in with Yoshioka in a relationship or as an individual character?

Edit:
marycosplay said:
I don't think it's right for Touma to love Futaba even he knows kou is still in her heart.

O_O
Sep 11, 2014 8:44 AM

Jun 2014
Kou all the way!
Sep 11, 2014 11:51 PM
Dec 2013
Midorilla said:
I really like Kou, although he screwed a lot with Futaba, but in the end he is just a 17-year old guy with no love experience and a lot of insecurities. But, he is really sincere in his love for her, he was always true to her and never loved, went out or kisses anyone else (it was Narumi who kissed him).
Futaba instead...what is she doing with Touma?? I stopped liking her when she decided to forget Kou by being with another guy. It's just selfish and immature, and so cruel for everybody (Kou, Touma and her). Seriously, what the hell! Ninako in Strobe Edge was a lot more honest. It's like Futaba's feelings are not serious!!!
Touma is just plain and annoying. Really pitiful and foolish.

I get your point of view, but the way i see it, let's not forget about how Kou stood her up on a date in junior high.. she was waiting for hours.. then he's gone the next day.. and when they reunited, Kou asked her out again, making her so excited, but then he canceled it, when she was kissed, and got excited/happy again.. then Kou said he did it cuz "i got carried away by the mood".. n finally when she's finally confessed, he said i can't go out with you.. I think she's serious enough with Kou, but i think she's just feel tired to get excited for nothing, i know Kou has his 'reasons' for doing that but after all she doesn't know how Kou feels about her.

But don't worry i'm 100% sure Kou will end up together with Futaba.. i mean seriously.. all pictures, banners, posters even pictures for this anime/manga on myanimelist all are Futaba with Kou.. Touma doen't even show up in the anime.. -__-"..

just wait and you'll see :)
Sep 12, 2014 1:17 AM
Sep 2014
gafoe13 said:

I get your point of view, but the way i see it, let's not forget about how Kou stood her up on a date in junior high.. she was waiting for hours.. then he's gone the next day.. and when they reunited, Kou asked her out again, making her so excited, but then he canceled it, when she was kissed, and got excited/happy again.. then Kou said he did it cuz "i got carried away by the mood".. n finally when she's finally confessed, he said i can't go out with you.. I think she's serious enough with Kou, but i think she's just feel tired to get excited for nothing, i know Kou has his 'reasons' for doing that but after all she doesn't know how Kou feels about her.

Ahahah you sure are right, he did a total mess! ...But that's what makes this manga good. I mean, I still remember my love life at 16 and definitely guys weren't coherent all the time! So this is a realistic depiction of a 17-year-old guy being goofy with the girl he loves. And let's not forget that: a.) he wanted to go to their first date when they were 13, but probably his mum did not let him or something ("where are you going? come back and eat all your vegetables!") - he said so to Futaba when they met again 3 years later; b.) he canceled the second date because he was at Narumi's father's funeral (quite a good reason to cancel, come on, she is his friend); c.) Futaba knew he was lying when he said he kissed her on a whim: she even thought "he must have a good reason to lie" - ok, not a nice thing to do to her, but he had decided to be close to Narumi, which is dumb, but hey he IS dumb (a dumb guy with a heart of gold).

gafoe13 said:

But don't worry i'm 100% sure Kou will end up together with Futaba.. i mean seriously.. all pictures, banners, posters even pictures for this anime/manga on myanimelist all are Futaba with Kou.. Touma doen't even show up in the anime.. -__-"..

just wait and you'll see :)

LoL, I did not know that Touma wasn't in the anime! Seriously? Ahahah, that serves him right! So how is the story developing after they kiss? It just ends after he dumps Narumi? Kinda curious now.

You made my day :)
Sep 13, 2014 12:07 PM
Aug 2013
Omg who is going to like some one selfish like Touma i just hate him so much, And kou he doesn't tell futaba that he dont love her so he still can tel her that he love her , And i think the mangaka wnats to end the manga with futaba and touma together!!!!!!!!
Sep 13, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 2013
sakura-chii said:
Omg who is going to like some one selfish like Touma i just hate him so much, And kou he doesn't tell futaba that he dont love her so he still can tel her that he love her , And i think the mangaka wnats to end the manga with futaba and touma together!!!!!!!!

where does that assumption come from? ^
Sep 14, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2012
wtfitsmegaman said:
sakura-chii said:

where does that assumption come from? ^

Well, I also think the mangaka wants Touma to win at the end.
Why?
well,
1- I got a bad feeling about how Touma and Futaba met each other, sure Kou and Futaba have some history together.....but IMO usually the guy that wins is the one who met the girl by accident or situations similar like the one Touma and Futaba met.
2- Guy who wins is usually the one who is more immature and foolish, Kou used to be, now pretty much since Futaba and Touma started dating he is the only character in the whole series who has mature, while Touma on the other hand just keep getting worse. In few words the most desperate one usually wins.
3- Guy that looses is the one that is able to accept the girls feelings and step aside. Kou has repeatedly been saying that the decision will be only Futaba's for quite a while.
4- IMO it seems like the mangaka has been purposely making Kou and Futaba relationship to take a different route, and most likely Kou will get friendzoned towards the end.

I would say that maybe Murao's and Kominato's talk on previous chapter could have been also a hint, but can't really believe what the characters say anymore, since Futaba changed her "the first person I saw was Touma" to "the first person I really saw was Kou" on chp 42.......
Sep 16, 2014 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
Goooooooooooooo Toumaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D
Sep 17, 2014 12:10 AM
Sep 2014
jose21 said:

Well, I also think the mangaka wants Touma to win at the end.

I think you have strong arguments and I like your theory, but I believe that Touma cannot win.
I mean:

1. 85% of readers (according to the poll above) are rooting for Kou. Having him friendzoned would be a massive commercial suicide for Sakisaka sensei. I would not read another of her manga if she did so, and probably most of the other readers would do so. She knows she has to please her public if she wants to be successful.

2. All of the advertisements for the manga, the anime, and the live action movie portrait Futaba and Kou together as a couple. Or they show Kou as the ultimate female crush. It's because this is what it is: he is hot and they are going to end up together.

3. We went through 33 or something chapters of their chaotic love story before she started dating Touma. Why waste so much time showing the evolution of a love story and giving so much background about Kou if he is going to be friendzoned at the end?

4. We know nothing about Touma, only that he loves Futaba (why, it is not clear), has 2 sisters (never shown), an ex-girlfriend (never shown), a band (that he doesn't really care about, since he is not planning to make a living out of his music), and a piercing (done for uncool reasons). Is that all we get? Where is the depth of this character? We know everything about Kou instead, we saw all of his family, growth, and past relationships. Unless Sakisaka sensei is planning to make another 40 chapters of Touma development (and come on, who would read that), I don't think a Touma+Futaba ending could work.

I tend to be paranoid about the ending of this manga, but if I think about it rationally there is no other possible ending than Kou+Futaba! :)
Sep 18, 2014 12:22 AM
Jul 2013
Damn I accidentally click vote on Touma....can I have a re-vote here?
Sep 21, 2014 7:23 AM

Dec 2013
Everywhere I look, it always ends up being an anti-Touma thread =.="

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't mind either way. If Kou gets Futaba, yay. If Touma gets Futaba, equally yay :| Both Kou and Touma have their faults, so I won't pick sides. If Kou hadn't waited so long, and if Touma hadn't pushed so hard, this manga would've ended by now.

But, to be honest, I can see Futaba ending up with Kou. It feels pretty obvious/predictable. Dunno, somehow it feels more like Futaba is obligated to being in love with Touma. There's nothing so far that has made me think, "Wow. She really loves this boy", besides the whole chasing the thief thing. She doesn't get all flustered over the way Touma smells or the way the "moonlight glitters in his eyelashes" :| It makes me sad to think that Touma's probably gonna end up getting his heart smashed to pieces, I don't think he deserves it, but he knew what he was getting into.

Kou has also started to take things really seriously; pretty soon I think Futaba will have to choose. For who ever's luck strikes out, I will blast Adele's "Someone Like You" and personally shed a few tears for them ;-;

I'll root for Kou and Touma :) Futaba's such a lucky cake :|
Sep 21, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2007
I liked Touma at first but his aggressiveness and his insecurities makes me less likely to get Futaba on his side, even if they are "currently" dating...it doesn't seem like it as she is very much still concerned with Kou.

Furthermore, Touma's friend calling her a bitch....I wonder what will happen to that friend if either Touma or Kou found out.

Anyways, Kou will most likely end up with Futaba in the end.
Sep 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
Who I prefer? Kou. Who Futaba prefers? Touma, at this point I don't really believe she deserves Kou. I'm pissed >:I
RothSep 21, 2014 2:09 PM
Sep 21, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
JCDRANZER said:

Furthermore, Touma's friend calling her a bitch....I wonder what will happen to that friend if either Touma or Kou found out.

That's a good question. That would be interesting, and maybe funny....
I don't think Kou has any right to do anything to him, since basically is his fault for going after the girl of his friend. What can he do?.... tell him: "hey you are wrong, I am the one who is trying to steal your friend's girlfriend" LOL.
But Touma on the other hand what can he say: "hey you are wrong, it was me who was a bit pushy and started dating her being aware of her feelings for Kou" LOL as well.....
I don't really think that either Kou and Touma have any real good reason to do anything to that guy. They can tell him something to clear any misunderstanding he has of the situation, but nothing more than that since it is basically their fault that he end up calling Futaba that.
Well maybe Touma might end up fighting him cause he is the perfect guy trying to defend his girlfriend, but them what about the group, hey no group, no singing his song on Christmas.
Sep 21, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
Just one thing I can't understand...
Touma fans like him because he is cute or because they like that he pretends to be good or just have wrong impression of him?

Because I just always find comments how cute, honest and nice he is,
but nobody said "I like Touma and I like pretends to be good for Futaba"

I just re-readed some old chapters and Touma was kinda always like this...
When he start to like Futaba, he doesn't mind eavesdropping on her private conversations or saying something, but this "but true I wanted asked about that, but I don't want her to noticed I eavesdropping her talk with friend"
or he was this one who tried start fight with Kou.
He is this one who said that he doesn't care this isn't wrong to make a move on girl who is just heartbroken and there is lot of things like that...

So I have feelings like some Touma fangirls read manga like this:
Blalalala... But your are amazing Yoshioka-san... blalalabla... nevermind.

Sakisaka-san said that she likes Touma's cunning...
but there are still people who think "Touma is cute and nice guy"

Just I don't get it...
Is like they can see only bad things about Kou,
but they don't think about his past and about good part in his character,
but they can't see bad things about Touma.

Just like there read only 5% of story and rest ignore.

Is like somebody could said "Oh! I like Tanaka-sensei, he is so mature, cool and
serious" ignoring that other part of his character as "big brother", his fashion style...

I have some favorite villains, so I can understand somebody can like if character is manipulative or treat some people as pawns, and life is just game for them,
because there are more interesting than good characters.

Just I have feeling like people ignore Touma's bad behavior and see him only as good and nice guy.

And I want know...
They like Touma with all his bad behavior
or they like him and don't see that bad part of him?
Sep 21, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
^You just basically described the same thing that goes on in HnR, except the bad behavior i.e. I thank thee.
Sep 22, 2014 11:30 AM
Apr 2014
I dislike both of them.

But i need to choose Kou, even if i got to hate him, he is still million times better than Touma, his backstory was really hard while this fag stalker made his piercing cause his ex told him he was too much of a good guy or something, like, dude, GROW A PAIR.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 10, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2013
Kou!

The reason is because... Not only am I a sucker for childhood relationships and having a cute back story like they do, but I think I choose Kou simply because he's the main character and the plot and how the story is portrayed all aims to make us sympathize with Kou and like him. Realistically speaking if I were Futaba's friend and this were real life, and I had to support Touma or Kou I'd probably choose Touma (even though reading the manga has made me extremely frustrated with his presence in Futaba's life). But since this is not real life and I am not Futaba's friend, I definitely choose Kou. They have a lot more chemistry anyway.

ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅᴀʏᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

☽ ʟsᴋ
set by Omikamitarocchi
Oct 14, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 2013
Can't choose. I love them both. I don't understand the hate towards Touma though, he's just too cute. I feel sorry for him.

Oct 14, 2014 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
I am so confuse at people saying they don't understand why so much hate towards Touma. Do you seriously read the comments or do you just read that they hate him and skip their reason??????
Anyway, main reason people dislike him is cause he pushed her to date him knowing she was still in love with Kou, and now that she couldn't return his feelings she feels guilty/sad/depress of hurting his feelings. There is even no point arguing whether he push her to date him or not, since he recognize it himself (I guess the mangaka had to made it clear, so those who are unable to accept the true wouldn't have a choice).
I understand that there might be people who do not think that is a good reason to not like him and find what he did cute, but there are people who thinks what he did was disgusting.

Also, IMO every time he starts arguments against Kou with the wrong reasons, the image he gives is not that of a good guy, and that's why he always end up losing those arguments against Kou.

Not really a good reason, some people think is cute and sweet, but at least for me it is also a bit disgusting when a guy has to steal kisses from and give bear hugs to a girl. BTW did he ever get a kiss that wasn't stolen?????????
jose21Oct 15, 2014 4:26 AM
Oct 19, 2014 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
[quote=Face_Faith]"Prefer" as in with Yoshioka in a relationship or as an individual character?

If I have to choose, I'd like to say Yoshioka as an individual character which Kou likes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
Yo guys I caught up so I can formulate a more educated opinion.

So if I were to pick who I preferred, Touma is the obvious choice for me. He's so honest, sweet, innocent and adorable. He's not Kou who has male shoujo lead syndrome. But Touma is so incompatible with Futaba. Every time I watch them interact, I just think, boy you are definitely better off with a girl who actually likes you. This shoujo manga is not like Hirunaka no Ryuusei where the heroine actually starts liking the second boy. Futaba only likes Kou.

She matches Kou. She loves Kou. She belongs with Kou.

/end of story
Nov 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2008
I don't understand why people think Touma is "honest, sweet, innocent and adorable"
Like these part when he lied Futaba, make good face for bad game.

Eh... most of fans have really biased towards Touma or ignore some moments about him
or look at it "Oh, he forced her to dating, doesn't care about her feelings, but this is ok since he likes her" -.-
Nov 12, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2012
LittleStar said:
I don't understand why people think Touma is "honest, sweet, innocent and adorable"
Like these part when he lied Futaba, make good face for bad game.

Eh... most of fans have really biased towards Touma or ignore some moments about him
or look at it "Oh, he forced her to dating, doesn't care about her feelings, but this is ok since he likes her" -.-

LOL did you not read my post at all?

I said I preferred him as a male (again, this is an opinion so you can't make me change who I prefer) but she doesn't belong with him at all. I think that Touma being flawed/imperfect (like taking advantage of her) is being honest and straightforward which is something Kou lacks. He [Kou] even admits himself that he always ends up hurting her and isn't sure how to get her back because he makes her angry all the time.

Touma did not force her into anything. Granted taking advantage of her is not the nicest thing ever, but it's more realistic than the underdog who does nothing on the sidelines. She consented to it because she believed that she had no chance with Kou if he was with the other girl.

Other than forcing him unrequited feelings onto her, there's nothing else that would make him a bad person.
Nov 12, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
^ They are the same. Both high school kids who have no clue as to how relationships actually work.
Nov 12, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
Aerensianic said:
^ They are the same. Both high school kids who have no clue as to how relationships actually work.

Yes, but reason why I preferred Touma as a character was that he took the initiative and wasn't as wishy-washy as Kou. (LittleStar, I'm not trying to bash Kou btw, but this is just what I think)
Nov 12, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
Eh he just deluded himself in the opposite way to Kou. Kou tricked himself into believing he didn't want/deserve her love while Touma convinced himself that he was a better guy and because of that he deserved the girl and she would come to see it that way.
Nov 12, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Aerensianic said:
Eh he just deluded himself in the opposite way to Kou. Kou tricked himself into believing he didn't want/deserve her love while Touma convinced himself that he was a better guy and because of that he deserved the girl and she would come to see it that way.

LOL are we reading the same manga? I didn't see Touma's point of view that pessimistically like that.

See, I recently marathoned both Heroine Shikkaku and Hirunaka no Ryuusei which also had a phase in the middle where the MC dated the underdog boy and it's pretty much the same as AHR. To a certain extent, the underdog (Touma) believed that Futaba would be happier with him and I don't really see what's wrong with that. I don't think he knew the entire story so he believed that she needed to move forward.
Nov 12, 2014 10:12 PM
Aug 2011
mayukachan said:
Aerensianic said:

LOL are we reading the same manga? I didn't see Touma's point of view that pessimistically like that.

See, I recently marathoned both Heroine Shikkaku and Hirunaka no Ryuusei which also had a phase in the middle where the MC dated the underdog boy and it's pretty much the same as AHR. To a certain extent, the underdog (Touma) believed that Futaba would be happier with him and I don't really see what's wrong with that. I don't think he knew the entire story so he believed that she needed to move forward.

I'm pretty sure Touma himself said that he's better than Kou hence he deserved Futaba in 41? He just honestly believed in it, though his belief was easily shaken by Kou's "Futaba is the one who decides."

Either way, Touma learns nothing from this whole relationship. He probably still thinks he can just make another person fall in love with him /sigh. Oh well. Hopefully next time he'll chase after someone that actually returns his feelings and not force a relationship prematurely.

Personally, if possible, I'd choose Touma before he became desperate and Kou after he resolved his mess LOL. As for Futaba though, no matter how many times Kou hurts her, she'll probably still go for him anyway as long as he returns her feelings.
Nov 12, 2014 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
I don't think Kou ever really "hurt" her. Sure he annoys her all the time but keep in mind she has always been actively pursing him in some way. Until recently, he always held her at arms length because of his own very mixed up feelings. She has always been the active party in this case, trying her best to drag him out of the darkness that he was wallowing in. In this she has some agency, too often she subverts her own wants and needs to others to try to be "normal" (See her and the "friends" and the start and later with Touma). With Kou its the only time she is actually doing something "selfish" in trying to pull Kou out (partly for his own sake but also for herself). So in a way he is the only one who places 0 expectations on her so she can be herself for once instead of having to conform to some image of normality she has in her mind. You can see it as this: In the first part of the manga it was focused on Kou overcoming his past and the marks it left on his personality (and the dumb decisions he made because of it). This second part right now is Futa finally realizing and acting on the things she has to overcome (IE getting over trying to be some ideal for others). Notice how her BFF got angry at her because she was still in *that* mode even when deciding what to do. In this we come full circle as both the main characters are moving past their own flaws and attempt to be happy together.

Touma was just never developed in any significant way, which is why his character seems shallow. Sure maybe there is more there that is positive but all we got was him pressuring Futa to date him then him spending half that trying to make a girl who doesn't love him to like him while getting into immature pissing contests with the guy he is sure that he is better than. He is the stereotypical shojo alternate love interest but watered down so he isn't as easily labeled the clear "bad" guy. However this more or less makes him seem like a cross between the pushover type and the aggressive douche type.
May 15, 2015 6:35 AM
May 2015
Although I'm still in chapter 40, my bet is on Kou.

As some of you had said, I think Touma had forced in the relationship. IMO. And I think... Futaba really just want to forget Kou. So.... I think she's forced to answer Touma? I think. Yeah, I guess so.

Anyway, I won't ever support Touma. Sorry dude.

I wish Kou will tell Futaba his true feelings. Eventually. I'm in the school trip part, BTW.

Also, I can't help but to be annoyed in Futaba. A bit. OK, maybe a lot.

I mean, I wish she could have waited a bit longer before answering touma. (I think touma really took advantage of the situation. Which is really annoying too. ) But it's what makes the story exciting? But I strongly disagree with touma and futaba. And also touma's surprise kiss, I was like..... O-O!!! Dude, what the...! No!! Disgusting,!! Dude, what's wrong with you!?!? Get off!! Get off!! Futaba, do something!!

Kou. All the way.
May 15, 2015 7:13 AM
May 2015
Ah, and also... don't you think futaba's reaction to kou and touma is different?

I don't know. Maybe it's because of the... butterflies and stuff? You know with the fluttering in my stomach thing? And then there's when futaba feels so nervous and blush when talking with Kou. She's so not like that with touma.

It looks likes she's her normal self with touma. Also, I don't get the couple feeling. Which I hope I won't really get. And there's the 'I don't want to make him sad' from futaba. So... I assume she's doing it out of kindness only.

But then, I'm still on chapter 41, so lots will still happen.

Nah, i'm still with kou. No matter what. (Futaba, break up with touma!! Yeah!)

Just kidding, please don't get angry at me. But it can't be helped, so it's... okay?

KouxFutaba. >:P
Jul 21, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
Ever since I saw the Chapter with the stolen backpack, Kou didn't even try to seem a hero he was just hoping Futaba was okay. Honestly, Touma just wants to try to beat Kou when in all reality Kou is really the one that is concerned for Futaba's well being. I agree with all the previous posts about Kou > Touma ^-^ !
Oct 31, 2015 5:32 AM
Oct 2015
I know this choice is really different on many fangirls but, I choose Touma
Because... Uhmmm...
I feel like they'll make a cute
couple (//^-^//)
And on my POV,I find Touma cute, kind, HONEST and SERIOUS. He suits for Futuba.

That's why I SHIP THEM!~

But, I'm still reading, so, maybe my POV will change because of strong wind and, after all land on a choice which doesn't make any difference, to Kou

And, I know that, in the end she'll just fall to Kou 😥 which makes it really predictable, so I was expecting for a little twist😏. But, eveen soo, I will still be sticking up to 💪Team Toumaa!~😸

So, in short 💝I SHIP FUTUBA × TOUMA 💞🙌
well, no offense to Kou fans ✌

Poll Results:
Kou --- 148 73.27%
Touma-- 54 26.73%
Voters- 202
🙀Guess it can't be helped eeh? 😖

Oh wait, just gonna share:
"Sometimes the best way to be happy is to learn to let go of things you tried hard to hold on to that are not longer good for you" 😆😄🙌
x_Alice_xOct 31, 2015 10:08 PM
Nov 7, 2015 3:09 AM

Mar 2012
I prefer Touma, because he's type "2nd lead who is rejected" and always I fall in love in these characters. I like his precious smile and sweetness. By the way on the concert he reminded me of Shin from Nana (probably it's reason why I like him that much). Althought he's naive and he shouldn't be with Futaba if she didn't confess to him. In the other hand there's Kou. At the beggining his attitude in romantic moments irritating me, because he was undecided. Anyway I wish from the start that Futaba will be with him. So... I like the end, but it'll be better if Touma end up with me.
RaeHoonNov 7, 2015 3:15 AM
Nov 23, 2015 3:16 PM
Oct 2014
jose21 said:
KOU, I just can't stand Touma.
Kou seems more real. I think Touma being a "prefect guy" is just a facade, which might be the reason of his insecurities.
Also, I no longer see Touma looking to win the affection of Futaba, but rather looking to beat Kou, and to prove he is better than Kou, while Kou couldn't care less about Touma and is actually trying to get Futaba back (Although, if Kou would do it faster would be nice).
Also, IMO In all the confrontations Touma started and lost against Kou, he has even proven he is not a better person than Kou.

Totally agree!! Really, Touma isn't needed... I really hate him cause he stopped the growing love between Kou and Futaba... Really annoying chapters 😵😡 love Kou😍
Dec 3, 2015 6:13 AM

Feb 2010
Smooched said:
The first guy is always THE guy. Trust.

hahahah so true

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.