Forum Settings
Forums

Producer of Fullmetal Alchemist Lectures on How To Produce a Successful Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2010 4:11 PM

May 2009
Wishy said:
The thing is that reading manga via PC is somehow awful, it's way cooler to read the real thing instead of reading manga from a screen, at least I feel really better when having the little book on my hands.

I know what you mean but I can't afford to buy everything i read :(
Aug 16, 2010 4:40 PM

Apr 2010
BigSimo said:
2. The amount of children's pocket money is relatively small.

lol really?

This, exactly, what I thought. Haha~
Aug 16, 2010 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
dtshyk said:
3. There are few manga stores within the walking distance from home.
He expects the download service of manga will expand the manga market outside Japan.

Yeah and it's even worse where I live. I know ONE place where you can buy manga here, it's a 40 minute train ride from my nearest train station and even then they only sell manga that has been out for over three years because that's how long it takes them to translate the manga into our language (lazy bastards) and because of that they are ridiculously over-priced.

Seriously, they are still selling the first chapters of Naruto (not shippuuden) here. My only option of reading manga was by reading it online but now they licensed about every manga out there so I have no chance of reading it anymore.
Sep 5, 2010 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
LolitaDecay said:
Moe never was and never will be a promising genre.

So true
Nov 24, 2010 5:36 PM

May 2010
dtshyk said:

Manga publishers have to pay the production costs, the expenses for the advertisement, and the fees for the airing blocks on TV.

Interesting...I didn't realize that it was the manga publishers who funded most animes. They must really have a lot of money at their disposal.

adamantine said:
Yamine said:
So how much is a manga volume in Japan?

Around $4.50 in USD.

Wow...they should totally publish more manga digitally in the US (and elsewhere, of course). I mean, why not? Think of the production costs they could save. I mean, it's nice having the paper volumes, but there's so much digital niceness that you can get on your computer/iPad/Kindle. (I wish I could afford an iPad/Kindle, but at least I have a computer.)

And to buy it hardcopy, if I'm lucky I can find a half-price copy in the limited selection at the used bookstore, or pay $10+ for a new copy at Barnes&Noble. Or if they don't have it, I can buy it off an online store, but with the shipping it usually ends up being $12+.
Dec 19, 2010 7:29 AM
Apr 2010
komplizierter said:
Well, how much is it in the US then?

wth, i thought in Germany they were already expensive, but actually they seem to be quite affordable, around 5-6€ each volume.

EDIT: No shipping cost included. There's only one really good Manga/Anime/J-Music/Lolitaclothes/Japan in general- store in my city, but thankfully it's about three minutes walking from my home. *lucky as shit*

Charliehsv said:

around 500/600 Yen, or at times even 800 yen

*Calculates...*
1 € = 3,98 PLN (at the moment)
5-6 € = about 20 to 24 PLN

100 yen = 3,51 PLN (at the moment)
500-800 yen = about 19 to 28 PLN

Standard price of a volume in Poland:15 to 20 PLN(rarely any over 20 PLN)

I'm lucky!!!
There's only one really good Manga/Anime/J-Music/Lolitaclothes/Japan in general- store in my city, but thankfully it's about three minutes walking from my home. *lucky as shit*

Awww, I have mine about an 5 min tram ride away.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.