Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
it would have been awesome to see Hisoka fight the chimera ants lol too bad his busy chasing Chrollo
Jul 8, 2014 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
Great to see Leorio and Kurapika again, even if it's only in the OP and ED for the time being! Enjoyable episode, Hisoka and Illumi seem to be back and I'm curious about who the unknown Zoldyck is. The CA arc was one of the best arcs I've ever seen in a shounen anime, it had a very different vibe to it that made it all the more better. I will admit, though; it does feel great to be getting the similar vibes previous arcs have given off once again. Looking forward to more.
Jul 8, 2014 7:57 PM
Aug 2012
New OP is nice(but I would like a new song), new ED is nice too(I'd like the same), and the preview song is much better than that childish song.

Ging being very smart even if its just for fun, 5/5.
Jul 8, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
Hisoka can predict the power level of each hunters, while Ging can predict the events of whats gonna happen lol both of this characters are unreal
Jul 8, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
Lol Hisoka wearing high heels, love that dude. I liked the chimera opening alot better than this one, and the ending is ok. They Really need to change the OP song tho, it got old 50 episodes ago.
Jul 8, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
Hisoka can predict the power level of each hunters, while Ging can predict the events of whats gonna happen lol both of this characters are unreal

Every nen user can estimate power levels. Just see Colt doing the same with Netero and Pitou.
Jul 8, 2014 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
I had myself smiling thru out the whole episode, I got that Hunter x Hunter 'adventure' spirit again, seeing so many old faces again even if it was just a little glimpse like Bisky, she looked really cute on that black dress, and of course Hisoka and Illumi. The animation for the opening looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see the interaction between Killua and Silva next episode
Jul 8, 2014 8:16 PM

Sep 2013
That horse dude has swords and Nobunaga (phantom troupe) has swords so ... ;)

The chin is horrible and the animation was okay not great but that op thou :O
Jul 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Forever_A said:
j0x said:

Every nen user can estimate power levels. Just see Colt doing the same with Netero and Pitou.

Hisoka has his own way of estimating nen power levels though, his measuring nen power level through personality if i remember right

and Knov and Morel did say one time to Killua that the usual way of nen measuring is flawed, i forgot the episode number but it was mentioned
Jul 8, 2014 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
I had to watch that twice to understand it lol probably because it's 4 in the morning here. That was amazing!!! I'm starting to like hisoka more and more;he's absolutely amazing! They way he said the paper was blank and the reaction he gave when he found out about killua and gon were just priceless. Pariston seems like a very interesting but at the same time annoying guy. Ging was amazing predicting all of that but come on does he not care for gon at all? I know he said he won't die but still. Lol hisoka doesn't watch the news and doesn't even know when the world is going to be taken over by mutant ants; sounds a bit like me. Does anyone else love the poses hisoka does? It adds to his individual character (which is probably it's purpose so yeah I'm stating the obvious) An amazing episode I really wonder why killua is going to die? And why Illumi want to kill alluka? I guess these questions will be answered in good time. I'm still high from that episode,absolutely loved it!! Now just seven days to go :(
Rukz16Jul 8, 2014 8:31 PM
Jul 8, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
Forever_A said:

Hisoka has his own way of estimating nen power levels though, his measuring nen power level through personality if i remember right

and Knov and Morel did say one time to Killua that the usual way of nen measuring is flawed, i forgot the episode number but it was mentioned

No. Hisoka uses the personality to estimate the type of the nen: transmuter, conjurer, etc.

Knov and Morel just said that the upcoming of the battle is uncertain because there are other factors. But the strenght of the aura is still measurable.

Rukz16 said:
Ging was amazing predicting all of that but come on does he not care for gon at all? I know he said he won't die but still.

Well. He's the same guy that told to Razor to go at full power against Gon
Forever_AJul 8, 2014 8:58 PM
Jul 8, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
Forever_A said:
j0x said:

No. Hisoka uses the personality to estimate the type of the nen: transmuter, conjurer, etc.

Knov and Morel just said that the upcoming of the battle is uncertain because there are other factors. But the strenght of the aura is still measurable.

Yeah, this is all right. The first part is like how Pouf was able to help the Chimera Ants develop their Hatsu, by learning of their personalities through his "Spiritual Message" ability. But Hisoka just has an intuition sort of thing.

We just see more of it with Hisoka because it's part of his character -- he's always looking for strong/worthy opponents.
Jul 8, 2014 9:10 PM
Apr 2014
jreginald said:
lxixsxa said:
too many fillers.
feel so bad.

The show's following the manga, the hell fillers are you talking about?

This episode.They left out many details,Ging's introduction,interaction between Hisoka and Illumi,some dialogues and movements,etc.And they added some unnecessary frames.
not filler......not necessary changes.
yatabareJul 8, 2014 9:29 PM
Jul 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2009
Forever_A said:
j0x said:

ok thanks for clearing that up, i remember now, my memory is not that good
Jul 8, 2014 9:36 PM

Mar 2014
lxixsxa said:
jreginald said:

The show's following the manga, the hell fillers are you talking about?

This episode.They left out many details,Ging's introduction,interaction between Hisoka and Illumi,some dialogues and movements,etc.And they added some unnecessary frames.

Details like what? Sorry, I haven't actually watched the episode lol. I was just assuming you were seeing things since no one else has pointed out huge changes like you did.
Jul 8, 2014 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
The_Mad_Wizard said:
TripleSRank said:
Leorio is awesome in it too. (Am I the only one who wants to see what he'll be like once he has a hatsu?)
Great episode.

It's in the OP. When Leorio punch the table. ^_^

...I was talking about the OP there. xD

I want to see more than a punch! That only whets the curiosity. He's an emitter, so his style should be pretty different.
Jul 8, 2014 10:00 PM

Mar 2014
Is it just me, or is anyone else insanely glad that the CA arc is over? I absolutely could not stand all but a handful of the new CA characters (especially the ants, fuck the god damn ants), and have been impatiently waiting for the arc to end since shortly after it started.

With that said, I'm VERY excited for the new stuff! Maybe we'll finally get more than 1 in 10 episodes where the mains do anything relevant or the plot progresses in a meaningful way? Maybe? Please???
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's. Their lives a mimicry. Their passions a quotation.
-Oscar Wilde
(Note: No satirists were harmed in the making of this signature. Mostly.)
Jul 8, 2014 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
BladewingM said:
Is it just me, or is anyone else insanely glad that the CA arc is over? I absolutely could not stand all but a handful of the new CA characters (especially the ants, fuck the god damn ants), and have been impatiently waiting for the arc to end since shortly after it started.

With that said, I'm VERY excited for the new stuff! Maybe we'll finally get more than 1 in 10 episodes where the mains do anything relevant or the plot progresses in a meaningful way? Maybe? Please???

There are a few others that feel the same way as you do. A few. And I hope your second statement isn't some sort of implication that that's what the Chimera Ant arc was. Cause others, like myself, would tell you otherwise.

Anyway, as for the episode... let me just say over and over again that I'm so glad that Mad House got to handle HxH 2011. The OP was amazingly done and I really love what they've done with their source material. I love the VA's for the Zodiacs (even Pariston, a lot actually) and they've really captured how the Zodiacs should be, at least from what I got from reading the manga. Pariston is such an asshole and Ging is such a badass. Both manipulative characters but also very different. Pariston is definitely that character everyone will love to hate. The way he just smiled at Ging when he said that Gon wouldn't die -- shit's eerie!

Only gripes I have so far are the designs of some of the Zodiacs. Botobai wearing red looks fine but his face makes him look like a huge clown. Also, Cheadle looks stupid with all that green. I was honestly expecting sky blue and white or something...

EDIT: Damn, I forgot how smart Ging was. He's amazing.
jreginaldJul 8, 2014 10:28 PM
Jul 8, 2014 10:27 PM

Jul 2013
^Yes, I can't decide which of the Zodiacs' voices I like the most. They seem to fit very nicely, imo.
Jul 8, 2014 10:38 PM
Apr 2014
jreginald said:
lxixsxa said:

Details like what? Sorry, I haven't actually watched the episode lol. I was just assuming you were seeing things since no one else has pointed out huge changes like you did.

Like ‘Ging goes missing every 2 years.',Melody,Hisoka's JoJo style(2 right hands),dialogues between iHisoka and Illumi in HA,moe points of Cheadle and Hisoka,etc.Many details.....compare with CA arc,this episode is below average.
Jul 8, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
Nefarious said:
Damn Pariston really is annoying. I think he's the first character that I've started disliking the moment I saw them.

Well that means he does his job...
But really MADHOUSE,he looks 10 times better in manga.`-` What the hell is that jaw?

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jul 8, 2014 11:12 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome start for this arc and Ging is amazing to plan things in advance.
Hisoka shock hearing about Gon and Killia.Sure he don't want them to die before he can beat them himself
Jul 8, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2010
Hisoka seemed thrilled when Illumi entered, to think that he's well yeah.

I don't like the change in Hisoka's appearance. His older appearance was nicer, they also changed the tint in his hair which bothers me greatly.

I wanted Illumi to have his outfit from the manga, growing sick and tired of the green crap he wears xD

But yeah, I've been waiting for MONTHS for this arc to begin.
Jul 8, 2014 11:16 PM

Mar 2014
lxixsxa said:

Like ‘Ging goes missing every 2 years.',Melody,Hisoka's JoJo style(2 right hands),dialogues between iHisoka and Illumi in HA,moe points of Cheadle and Hisoka,etc.Many details.....compare with CA arc,this episode is below average.

Okay, now you're being nitpicky lol.

- Ging has been missing from Gon his entire life. I think that's more than enough to get Ging's irresponsibility across to the viewer.

- Melody? Are you serious? >_>

- 2 right hands!? Damn, I commend you for being SUPER detail-oriented. But for your information, someone actually made a thread about how different Hisoka looks and people even started bringing up JoJo's references. So I think it's safe to say that the "JoJo" style is still there.

- DUDE, they had the same exact dialogue in the manga as they did in anime, albeit at a different location. The stuff that mattered was still there -- we are told Hisoka was chasing Chrollo around (which helps answer people wondering where Hisoka was this whole time), we are given the premise of the Zoldyck's mystery child.

So they take out one side character (that people have probably forgotten by now) and they changed the placements of certain fingers and all of sudden this episode is "below average"?! Wtf kind of standard is that? Damn, you're nitpicky as hell. While you're looking for shit like Melody, people are already starting to think that Pariston is an asshole, Ging is badass, and people are getting hyped that Hisoka finally back. Mad House did an amazing job with this episode, I don't know what you're talking about.

You wanna talk about unnecessary frames? We'll talk about unnecessary frames: 20 minutes of Gon crying while flashbacks of Kite killing fodder ants played in the background. Now, THAT is filler. Don't get me wrong, I love the CA arc but your claims are just dumb.
jreginaldJul 8, 2014 11:20 PM
Jul 8, 2014 11:20 PM
Apr 2014
jreginald said:
lxixsxa said:

Okay, now you're being nitpicky lol.

- Ging has been missing from Gon his entire life. I think that's more than enough to get Ging's irresponsibility across to the viewer.

- Melody? Are you serious? >_>

- 2 right hands!? Damn, I commend you for being SUPER detail-oriented. But for your information, someone actually made a thread about how different Hisoka looks and people even started bringing up JoJo's references. So I think it's safe to say that the "JoJo" style is still there.

- DUDE, they had the same exact dialogue in the manga as they did in anime, albeit at a different location. The stuff that mattered was still there -- we are told Hisoka was chasing Chrollo around (which helps answer people wondering where Hisoka was this whole time), we are given the premise of the Zoldyck's mystery child.

So they take out one side character (that people have probably forgotten by now) and they changed the placements of certain fingers and all of sudden this episode is "below average"?! Wtf kind of standard is that? Damn, you're nitpicky as hell.

You wanna talk about unnecessary frames? We'll talk about unnecessary frames: 20 minutes of Gon crying while flashbacks of Kite killing fodder ants played in the background. Now, THAT is filler. Don't get me wrong, I love the CA arc but your claims are just dumb.

lol~
Not irresponsibility,elusive.
Other side characters all appeared.
Not exactly.Different place,different feelings.
And Pariston should be 10 times better.Ging's voice sounds not good.I have a lot of complaints actually.
yatabareJul 8, 2014 11:42 PM
Jul 8, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2014
Nice one Kil! your very own arc.
I love Math equations and 2D, so deal with it.
Jul 8, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
lxixsxa said:

lol~

Sigh, at least you didn't totally waste my time. Now I know that Hisoka had 2 rights hands in the manga for this particular part of the series.
Jul 8, 2014 11:38 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was pretty damn good! Also Hisoka and Illumi was in this chapter. :3 I don't know what people were saying that I would hate the character design for the zodiac as well, so far only a few of the zodiacs looks retarded, everyone else looks like actually humans, not animal mutated type looking. Overall a good episode 5/5. I hope I see a few fights in this arc, I'm finally looking forward to HXH again.
Jul 8, 2014 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like I'll be enjoying HxH again, thank God the old interesting characters are back and that dragged to hell Palace Invasion arc is over
Jul 8, 2014 11:59 PM

May 2013
Viltsu300 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
some kid runs towards Killua and he starts to smile again

You haven't read the manga?

I did but I'm trying to to spoil others :)
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jul 9, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
I hope I see a few fights in this arc

Haha, wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
Jul 9, 2014 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

No fights at all?

Jul 9, 2014 12:18 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
jreginald said:

No fights at all?

Well, there's SOME fights.. if you could call them that.

Not really a spoiler but you might be disappointed if you read it.

Jul 9, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
No fights at all?
There's quite some action involving characters pursuing each other a bit more more directly. (In a fashion similar to the climax segment of Yorkshin.)
GalekCJul 9, 2014 12:27 AM
Jul 9, 2014 12:20 AM
Apr 2014
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

A few fights...Too greedy.It is more likely that there will be no fights.
Jul 9, 2014 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
Oh, ok. As long as we have a few action that's ok. Fights can wait, I have patience for that.
Jul 9, 2014 12:31 AM
Jan 2013
Hisoka does fight someone
Jul 9, 2014 12:32 AM

Oct 2013
Viltsu300 said:
Hisoka does fight someone

+1
Jul 9, 2014 12:36 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
Oh, ok. As long as we have a few action that's ok. Fights can wait, I have patience for that.

Patience as long as years? Lol
Jul 9, 2014 12:39 AM

Jun 2007
Even though I'm tired of Departure, the opening visuals where awesome. I loved Hisoka's serious reaction to Illumi about Gon an Killua. Also Ging's voice actor suits him very well. I wonder why Ging thinks he is so sure about gon surviving.. does he have a back-up plan?

Anyway great episode! Looking forward to the Hisoka/Illumi stuff.
Jul 9, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

Wtf? Are you bullshiting me right now?

Jul 9, 2014 12:50 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
jreginald said:

There's action, that's for sure. :)

Just don't get your hopes up, really. Doesn't make the arc bad, though. Not at all.
Jul 9, 2014 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

There's action, that's for sure. :)

Just don't get your hopes up, really. Doesn't make the arc bad, though. Not at all.

oh, ok. I like enjoyed this episode though, even though it didn't have any action in it.
Jul 9, 2014 12:57 AM
Apr 2013
absolutely no gon in the op... they make sure not to even give us a hint as to what's gonna happen to him

when hisoka was evaluating dudes, the one he said 95 for was illumi or a guy we only saw a glimpse of and i missed?

also, what's the deal. is the anime done after this arc or is that unknown yet?
Jul 9, 2014 1:00 AM

Mar 2014
guyuz said:
absolutely no gon in the op... they make sure not to even give us a hint as to what's gonna happen to him

when hisoka was evaluating dudes, the one he said 95 for was illumi or a guy we only saw a glimpse of and i missed?

It was Illumi.
Jul 9, 2014 1:02 AM

Oct 2013
guyuz said:

After this arc ends the anime will go on hiatus, until more chapters are out, at least that's what I've heard.
Jul 9, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
I hate Pariston here and in the manga, he has an asshole character.

But i'm very exciting to 138 ^,^
Jul 9, 2014 1:16 AM

Jun 2007
keragamming said:

oh, ok. I like enjoyed this episode though, even though it didn't have any action in it.

HxH can be interesting without having a lot of action.
Jul 9, 2014 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
guyuz said:

After this arc ends the anime will go on hiatus, until more chapters are out, at least that's what I've heard.

I hope it's just a hiatus, and not the end of the anime.

I personally wish more shows would go on hiatus when they catch up/get close to the manga. It's a lot better than over-padding and filler, imo.
Jul 9, 2014 1:25 AM
Apr 2013
TripleSRank said:

I personally wish more shows would go on hiatus when they catch up/get close to the manga. It's a lot better than over-padding and filler, imo.

what's the difference? you can just not watch fillers if you don't like them
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

59 by plutoHendrixx »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Today, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.