Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2014 3:11 AM

May 2013
Opening>last 10 seconds with Art> anything else..
That pretty much sums up the 1st episode
Jul 10, 2014 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
we finished the first season and wondered why we even bothered watching past the ridiculous sit up episode. feh
Jul 10, 2014 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was hilarious, and Nice is alive as expected.
Jul 10, 2014 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
I don't know why I'm watching this anymore.. I should drop it already, but I want to see how the main plot line from last season will be resolved.

.l. writers

Pretty much exactly why I'm watching it. I do enjoy the characters messing with each other from time to time though (like what happened in the beginning of this episode). It's not like this show is any good, but I can't help but wonder what's going to happen next.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jul 10, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
You see, it's stuff with names like these that I am absolutely at a loss for all knowledge about pronunciation.
Jul 11, 2014 12:08 AM
Feb 2014
I think I preferred how they did Murasaki's and Nice's ability in the first season xD
Jul 11, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2014
So Nice is still alive but I don't get why everyone already knew that and why they were playing the act in the first place. Huh, they better explain it later on.

And the OP is fab just like before.

But I kinda miss how they used to animate their powers with all the colors and stuff. Now it's just more 3D or something.
Jul 11, 2014 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Honey & The dating sim thing was quite hilarious haha. So the new antagonist is Art, eh?
Jul 11, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
Was generally fun, I suppose. I hope this isn't as episodic as season one..
Jul 12, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2014
I didn't like last season (RE:_Hamatora) that much, I found it (RE:_Hamatora) generic and (RE:_Hamatora) forgettable (RE:_Hamatora) and I am already at (RE:_Hamatora) wits ends with the new (Re:_Hamatora) constant transitions. (RE:_Hamatora) I don't have ADD (RE:_Hamatora) but whoever tried to (RE:_Hamatora) set the pacing with those clunky (RE:_Hamatora) transitions must have. (RE:_Hamatora)

I wish they would have explored the other characters more and left Nice dead a tad longer.
Jul 13, 2014 12:19 AM
Oct 2013
LOL so it became comedy? Or it always was?
Jul 14, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2012
lol YKH 84 that couldn't be less obvious :D

Jul 14, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2010
I'm so confused. I hope they start explaining things next episode.. Such as, what happened at the end of the first season and why is Art all crazy now.

Though from what I do understand, I'm sad that they made Art the bad guy :-(. He was such a cutey pie.. Now he is most likely going to die.
Jul 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Aug 2010
I still think Nice is dead. During the fight with the half-naked men, they said something along the lines of "Oh my god he's taking off the costume" and "There's nobody inside it!", although it's somewhat overshadowed by the main character's dialog.

Also, Nice came in at too perfect a timing and I'm left wondering why they had a funeral at all. Who were they trying to fool inside the cafe? I hope Nice coming back isn't all just inside Hajime's head, but I can't help but think that way.
Jul 15, 2014 3:22 AM

Feb 2011
wtf
Jul 15, 2014 3:28 AM

Feb 2011
Vac said:
I still think Nice is dead. During the fight with the half-naked men, they said something along the lines of "Oh my god he's taking off the costume" and "There's nobody inside it!", although it's somewhat overshadowed by the main character's dialog.

Also, Nice came in at too perfect a timing and I'm left wondering why they had a funeral at all. Who were they trying to fool inside the cafe? I hope Nice coming back isn't all just inside Hajime's head, but I can't help but think that way.

I just rewatched that scene, hoping maybe you were right. But no, they were just fanboys of the Toranker-Kun and said that because they convinced themselves it was a real creature. The words said before and after those lines a long with their reactions seem to point to this as well.
Jul 17, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
Wow I'm really liking the new OP. OK so I see way more comedy than I thought there would be considering the last episode of the first season ended on a serious note. But overall I guess I'm still enjoying this show.
Jul 18, 2014 5:37 AM

Sep 2013
katedadevil said:
Hmm still wondering what truly happend on last season ep ><

This..

I'm glad nice is back though, i liked the second half of first season, and he became a great character. The show would've sucked without him, but i already knew by the OP he was going to be back. Can't wait to see what's in store for this season, now that we know about the new villain, but not really his motive or anything yet. It's going to be quite interesting.

I really hope this season isn't fillers like the first half of season 1..
Jul 20, 2014 1:14 AM
Jan 2014
trolls lol, anyone can tell from watching. I like hajime chan alot more, shes so much cuter and talkative compared to the first season.
Jul 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2010
I absolutely hate Hajime . . She's really annoying.

I wanted to know what happened after the last part in season 1, did Nice move out of the way? How did Art get away? Etc. . . I nearly bought the whole Nice dying thing, but the opening was such a giveaway.

I don't want Art to be the bad guy . . . If so, I hope they explain why.
Aug 9, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2014
So I almost believed that Nice really died but he was in the opening and such, so of course I knew he really didn't. And I'm glad he is alive!
But I need to know how did he make it out alive.
I don't like the idea of Art being the bad guy though I like that he is alive.
This all seems really interesting, so I gotta catch up with the episodes now!
no signature because im too lazy to make one
Aug 10, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
So the beginning really made me sad when they were holding the memorial service for Nice. Then I started getting really irritated with the transition scenes. They were so frequent and very annoying not even tactful. Then NICE IS BACK! and Art is on the move. This is getting interesting.

lovexLuffy said:

This. I'm not really taken with Nice...his character just doesn't really sit well with me. His ability is great though. Sonic Minimum, sounds awesome but what if someone had the Light minimum, they would put him to shame since light travels way faster than sound, which is almost instant. It would be interesting to say the least.

I said this about episode 3 last season. and here we have it. A light minimum holder but he can't even travel at the speed of light! boooooo!! >.<!!!

Aug 17, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Love the new OP.

I was a bit surprised with Nice, i mean comon he was shot in the head (or at least it seemed that way) in the last episode of the first season and then they were saying it had been 3 months since he died in the hospital.

Anyways im happy to see him back, and Hajime is so damn cute! <333
My Candies:
Sep 22, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
Lol this was actually hilarious compared to most of the flat humor last season.
Not sure about the new attack transitions, I actually liked the effect they have before, but Nice's attack was sweet!
Sep 22, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2011
Lol that was funny. I almost believed Nice died, but after they started cracking jokes about it, they gave it away.

Great to see Art back, but what happened to him? It's a shame this episode didn't show what happened after the last episode of the previous season.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 28, 2014 3:08 PM

Sep 2012
i Think Nice death was fake, just so Nice can go undercover with that case they were involved in
Sep 30, 2014 8:39 AM

Sep 2012
I miss this show. Pretty good first episode, Cool OP.
I think the animation changed a bit.
Nice to see Hajime make an emotion and talked a lot.
What an entrance, haha. I'm glad Nice is alive, I don't know what is the point of continuing the show without Nice.
ART RETURNS!!
Oct 3, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
lmao! when Hikaru revealed his true face hahaha

good thing they didn't alter the colors during fight scenes.. damn that was awful
Oct 16, 2014 4:40 AM
May 2012
Nice is still alive. Nice one, Nice.
Opening song is kickass!! The directing got hip :O Them transitions.
Honey :3 Aw yeah!! Art is the new villain!!
Let's see what's next~
Oct 17, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
I was just getting into the mood before Nice-kun made his entrance hahaha !
They really emphasized Nice-kun's sonic minimum now.. and Hajime-chan with his headphones is awesome.
She's so adorable.. literally give me the impression that she talked more in this episode than the whole of the last season.
The colours don't have a high contrast like the prequel.. kinda lost a little of its unique trait in my opinion.
As for the fight.. almost seems like they powered up but I think it's only a change in animation.
Might need to adapt to it.. quite used to the old one. Although my eyes suffer lol.
But the art is still good.. music too.. Looking forward to what's next.
Aug 6, 2015 8:59 AM

May 2012
Nice catchup but well I do wonder what this season will offer us! THe pacing is a bit slow but well let's see what's next.
Sep 2, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
junpants said:
you can tell they've refined their animation: Murasaki's minimum looks a lot more fluid and realistic.

yes! they toned down the bright LSD colors. loved it.

Also I hope to God they don't keep the scene transitions (with the annoying guitar screech...) or at least change the sound..

was about to note that as well. so freaking annoying.
-----
well i honestly believed nice was not gone until i read the "3 months" thing. so yea i really thought he was dead. then the DVD joke happened (and as i have said before, 'tora's jokes can sometimes be funny but very unneeded) and i couldn't find it believable. that hand holding scene though lol. when will that never be used in anime anymore is the universal question X)
i really like his eyes, though. they make him look intense.

what does murasaki mean by "ran from the hospital"? turns out he didn't snap his fingers when the gun was to his head....

and they still make them fight average humans to make them look epic..... *facepalmsmack*

as for the OP, well done 'tora! another bang up job. the visuals were even better than last time and that song is love to my ears! i must say it got me super pumped. hands down in my top 5 best OP. i must be honest and say i thought that this wouldn't surpass the first. i'll be sure to not skip this one while i look at the show. but no major OST change? shucks :/

i would have liked it if the characters had brand new outfits: that would have been nice (pun not intended, but realized 2 seconds after i said it). one of the things i love about anime set in the urban life is that the outfits are usually spot on and realistic, like you could see someone in new york wearing those clothes.

yes, the "Doggy-Style" was funny, but as for hikaru and that VN moment....is he gay or a loser virgin to hate the harem life? i liked the visual change in there, though.

and he sure as heck wasn't kidding when he implied he was ugly....brrr.

and i kinda knew the rage-filled girl was just a fangirl....

oh yea and hooray for kaneko (that's her name right?) she's one of the best :3 and of course haijime was beyond cute. speaking of, according to the OP, nice knew her that long? no wonder he and her have this special bond. the "You suck" joke was great as well.

this is just a pet peeve of mine - probably not one with others. in the OP nice is with haijime, but he's wearing the EXACT clothing he is now. that was at least 5yrs ago....people don't wear the same clothing like that....arrg >.<

the little "commercial break" pictures aren't nearly as great as S1 though. i loved em. that's just me, though.

poor art...what happened to you? :(

my overall rating, i voted "liked" but rate it 3/5, although the OP gets a 500/5. i have a feeling this is just another disappointing S2 though...nervous to see what happens next and forward.
TomDaySep 2, 2015 12:05 PM
Mar 22, 2016 9:36 AM
Mar 2016
Still, I don't know how Art or Nice are even alive. Wasn't Art shot by Moral? And I mean there is no possibility that Art survived that. And Nive pretty much received a headshot. Except Art didn't actually shoot him after the screen went black. Can sb please explain how they are alive? I was pretty much like: "WTF is even going on." the whole time.
Apr 13, 2016 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
Another quality OP. Expected that Nice is alive, but oh, so that thing actually got a name? The random whatever-it-is that we always see.. Toranker-kun!!

Glad to see there aren't more of those flashy colors, but now it's the weird nerves bundles thing. Finally more Hajime action, too! Nice-kun's ecchi DVDs! Hikaru-kun's VN life!!!

doggy style though pffffffft

Animation looked so nice! But hopefully no more of that weird transition thing later on, it's gonna be so corny... But yay for more of Nice's ability! Glad to see him using his power that way (again).

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Sep 3, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2016
That was a pretty weak first episode, but that's okay. I got what I wanted, but the last minute of this episode: Art. And holy shit I wonder what happened to him? ;-; Please don't be the bad guy. Nooooo.

Welcome back, Nice! Though, I knew you didn't die. Haha!

Loved this episode.

P.S. The transition between scenes kinda bothers me, but it's cool. Still prefer the 1st OP, though.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 27, 2022 1:23 PM

Dec 2020
2 things why was it needed to pretend he is dead? And this s2 op is quite a banger.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

140 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 2:23 AM

» The show's message is contradictory

AnimeJunki3 - Oct 9, 2021

1 by Yatsu1689 »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:28 AM

» Is Hamatora a shonen or a seinen?

Sherlupin - Sep 9, 2014

7 by kari-ya »»
Sep 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

45 by DeathMitaka »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:36 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

63 by TheDoggoneGirl »»
Sep 9, 2017 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.