Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Strawhat_Pirate said:
The epitome of "will senpai ever notice me". Pretty cute and simple romcom. That's all i need to be happy with this show.

hokaru said:
I like the OP :) That poor raccoon..lol

Why is it rated so low? Under a score of 7 :/

Probably edgy trolls thinking that anything that is romcom is cancer that is killing anime. Ignore them, they're just a vocal minority (note that it's just 6.9 right now with only 28 votes)

The real score while I am writing this is at around 7,70.
MAL just doesn't update every time someone scores an anime.
.................................................................................

Jul 6, 2014 2:28 PM

I love how self-aware shows like this are nowadays.

The demographic still baffles me. Everything about it screams "shoujo".

Jul 6, 2014 2:38 PM

I liked the episode. Felt kinda similar to Itazura na Kiss without the badass teasing main male. Cant decide if thats good or bad yet, lets see :)
For now 8/10 from me.

greebo said:
Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Fight Chiyo!

Most male MCs are quite dense in romance shows. I guess if they weren't they would be over by episode 1! ^_^

Cose its shounen, thats what worries me. Go watch the abovementioned Itazura na Kiss if you want badass male.

Jul 6, 2014 2:40 PM
Really funny episode. Though since it's a comedy I can't yet say if I like the anime until all the characters are presented.

Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Chiyo Fight!
In his defense, she is not using the correct vocabulary.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Jul 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Her face when she got the second autograph was priceless lol

Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM
I thought this was well done, it didn't really look like it was adapted from a 4-Koma even though some parts were a little dragged out.
I hope more people give this a try without shrugging it off as a boring shoujo or typical rom com. Since the manga is a gag manga.

Jul 6, 2014 2:56 PM
Nozuki's face that screams "I'm a boss and I know it" is just plain awesome.

Jul 6, 2014 3:05 PM

It was fun!!! I like the scenes of the bicycle. Nozaki-kun is my favorite character. I liked the part where she was describing him and then he told her that perhaps that guy is no good.

Jul 6, 2014 3:06 PM
I actually really like this. This is the underdog of the season

Jul 6, 2014 3:09 PM

Romedbaumann said:
Strawhat_Pirate said:
The epitome of "will senpai ever notice me". Pretty cute and simple romcom. That's all i need to be happy with this show.

Probably edgy trolls thinking that anything that is romcom is cancer that is killing anime. Ignore them, they're just a vocal minority (note that it's just 6.9 right now with only 28 votes)

The real score while I am writing this is at around 7,70.
MAL just doesn't update every time someone scores an anime.

Ahh... MAL didn't update the score for several hours. Still struck at 6.93. So I went to check the stats and calculated. Yup by the time i wrote this, it's 7.71 scored by 223 users.
The non-updated low score might make people not want to watch it :( Hope it could be updated soon.

Jul 6, 2014 3:10 PM

Sakura's design bothers me a bit. It just seems awkward with orange hair, purple eyes and big red polka-dotted bows.

Besides that it made me laugh more than once and the characters seem likeable c:

Jul 6, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 6, 2014 3:14 PM

Haha her face when they are on the bike xD

I don't get how he can right a romance manga if he knows nothing about romance ! :O

Jul 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Chiyo is so cute.
My god Nozaki is dense lol. Shouldn't be surprising though.
Her two attempts at confessions resulted in her saying that she's a fan XD
lol bike scene
Can't wait for more.

Jul 6, 2014 3:32 PM
That was great! I'm looking forward to the side character romance.

Jul 6, 2014 3:33 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Comedy wise this was okay,romance wise this is bad.

Most awkward bike ride I've seen in anime.

"What's so good about a guy like that."

Feel like muting whenever Nozaki's cliche shoujo manga appears.

Guarantee the girl won't properly confess till the last episode.
Modified by VanishingKira, Jul 6, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Damn....xDDD

I hope he eventually will notice her before the end of the show xDDD
hi

Jul 6, 2014 3:50 PM

The episode was just an amazing watch, just didn't like the opening song. But the ending song was just sooooo good :D

Main character is completely awesome with her inside head tsukkomi and everything :D

Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

haha seems amusing Love Sakura's personality
<3 she's adorable
hahaha so he's a little think headed
DAT BIKE I fucking lost it
great first ep I hope it has a closed ending but they never do :(
I got sacred at the op I thought i was watching a reverse Harem O_O
[/quote]

Jul 6, 2014 3:57 PM

i knew im gonna like this because i already read the manga and is funny af with a lot unique supporting character

this and barakamon will always entertain me this summer

Jul 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Just when i thought it was good it went full shoujo after the ED

Jul 6, 2014 4:05 PM

That was unexpectedly good!
I love Sakura's voice, it's so adorable ;//;

Jul 6, 2014 4:26 PM

I loved Sakura's face in the bike scene. Priceless :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Holy crap , this anime is great hahaha

I laughed forever when he gave that autograph

Jul 6, 2014 4:37 PM

The best part of the anime was when she admitted she's stupid. I laughed my heart out. I thought , for a moment there , that she'll finally do it and say the right words but nope "I'm a fan" . You think it is a confession? NOPE! IT'S "IM A FAN" *trollface*
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Jul 6, 2014 4:48 PM

As spomeone who reads a lot of shoujo manga, this was amazing.

Also holy shit the art in this show is good.

Jul 6, 2014 4:49 PM

The show was really calming/relaxing to watch and nice to look at as the animation was really nice. I was glad to see it animated but the gags weren't funny animated (for some strange, unknown reason of mine), I guess an unfortunate downside of reading it first. But I give it it's due, the bike scene was as funny as ever.

I really liked the OP but the ED was generic and slightly annoying and not much of anything.

I'll keep watching because I enjoyed the aesthetics and its nice to see the story brought to life for 20+ minutes considering it was adapted from a 4 Koma. Hopefully the gags become funny in the anime for me, considering I can re-read scenes from the manga and find it just as funny from when I first read it. So far: Manga - 1 Anime - .5
Modified by Yukon, Jul 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 6, 2014 4:52 PM

That was a good surprise! I didn't think this show could be that amazing. It was hilarious. I think I'm in love. <3

Jul 6, 2014 4:54 PM

Not surprised that this was funny.

Its from the people who made love lab, yuru yuri, and engaged to the unidentified.

Jul 6, 2014 4:56 PM
Phoenix Wrong

Ah yes, another fun show that I'm gonna enjoy this summer! It's always the ones that you don't know what to expect and you watch it anyway. xD

Jul 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Looks like a really fun show.

*Loving Chiyo right now.

*I'm addicted to the opening!

Jul 6, 2014 5:14 PM
LOL I LOVE THIS. The bike part was the best oh god

I admit I was kind of skeptical about picking this up but I did anyway because I love Tsubaki-sensei's character designs, and it definitely didn't disappoint. 5/5

Jul 6, 2014 5:18 PM

DAT OPENING SONG
I could drop it in a food processor, turn that on, watch as it drips into my glass then drink it whole.

Yum. ( ̄▽ ̄)-3

Other than wishing for slightly faster pace, this episode was perfect. Can't wait for the next and for more side characters. Mikorin~♪

bethelwho said:
I love how self-aware shows like this are nowadays.

The demographic still baffles me. Everything about it screams "shoujo".
It's shounen 'cause it was printed in a shounen magazine. Demographics are skewed these days anyways since nearly 50% of shounen manga readers are female. It has universal appeal!
Modified by currycurry, Jul 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 6, 2014 5:34 PM

What an enjoyable and thoroughly amusing first episode. The pacing was pretty good too. I hope it turns out to be a very good series.

Jul 6, 2014 5:53 PM

Cute overload. I don't usually like shoujo setting but I must admit I quite enjoyed this one. Also, that shoujoception.

It's funny how he's so dense himself when he's even writing shoujo manga. I know that's the point of the joke but I wonder if they will ever explain it. Probably not.

I just hope this doesn't turn in a multiple love affair.

Jul 6, 2014 5:54 PM

greebo said:
Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Fight Chiyo!

Most male MCs are quite dense in romance shows. I guess if they weren't they would be over by episode 1! ^_^
still better than tsundere romance i think :I,in most cases at least...

Akanezora said:

we can only hope

Jul 6, 2014 6:03 PM

"HEY! NOZAKI-KUN! Want a ride?" Haha! Chiyo's voice is perfect!
I hope it continues at this pace. I really loved this first episode.

Jul 6, 2014 6:05 PM

Baddie007 said:
I wonder if Nozaki is gay, besides doesn't the info states that his inspiration came from one of his assistant who is a guy.

Not necessarily. Guys like him are considered as "Otomen" in Japan and are a rare type of characters nowadays. (ie: The opposite of being a tomboy for females respectively!)

They're basically straight guys who like girly stuff.

Jul 6, 2014 6:07 PM

Is it true that mangas are restricted to laws (Two person bike riding)? If so, why other manga have people get cut in half or eaten by titans?
[right]

Jul 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Anime Moderator
Haha I'm loving this! I had zero expectations coming in, but it was so cute and funny! I'm already liking the two MC's relationship, poor Chiyo, she can't work up her courage to say the right line, and Nozaki even think the guy she likes is no good XD

And I knew when he told Chiyo he brought his bike, he meant the double seated ones, since just before he was telling Chiyo about bike laws haha. The cats at the end were sooo adorable, the first cat didn't even really sound like a cat, but I love the noises it made! I guess even cats love Nozaki. And lol at the way Nozaki described "Mikorin." The OP was also full of fun. Another surprise of the season for me.

Jul 6, 2014 6:09 PM

porkypink said:
Is it true that mangas are restricted to laws (Two person bike riding)? If so, why other manga have people get cut in half or eaten by titans?
depends on which magazine they published i think?

Jul 6, 2014 6:29 PM

Nice start for the series and I'm loving the OP a lot :D

Jul 6, 2014 6:35 PM

Kawaii! This should be a great watch considering the level of kawaii and the manga

Jul 6, 2014 6:36 PM
Aah I love the manga so I was super excited for the anime to come out. It ended up being pretty funny but the manga is funnier in my opinion. The animation is great, the character's voices seem to match (Although a 'Daily lives of Highschool Boys' type of voice acting would be better) and Chiyo is super adorable <3 It's a nice break from the Akame ga Kiru which also airs today ;D

Jul 6, 2014 6:42 PM

Akanezora said:
Cute overload. I don't usually like shoujo setting but I must admit I quite enjoyed this one. Also, that shoujoception.

It's funny how he's so dense himself when he's even writing shoujo manga. I know that's the point of the joke but I wonder if they will ever explain it. Probably not.

It's an adaptation of a gag manga, so it's mostly comedy there is no serious romance/drama in this.

I was looking forward to this the most this season, since I love the manga and it didn't disappoint.The OP/ ED were great and so were the cast choices, my only minor gripe would be the lack of OST in some scenes but it was still great.
Modified by Num1dad_Asura, Jul 6, 2014 6:49 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source

Jul 6, 2014 6:46 PM
This is one of those animes of the season that I can watch to unwind. Definitely going to watch this.
That OP was freaking awesome too, and cute ED.

Jul 6, 2014 7:26 PM

This is comedy gold. I'm so glad they adapted the manga. I only wish it was longer than 12 episodes, since I'm sure there's more than enough for 24.

The ending song was super freaking adorable too.

My only gripe is the voice acting of Nozaki-kun. Although it suits him just fine, it's the exact same as Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, among others. I seriously wish they space out shows with popular voice actors, because hearing the same voice for different characters frequently can get annoying. I have this problem with Miyano Mamoru, and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka too. I like them both, but they're all like cake...delicious from time to time, but sickening if eaten too much, all the time.
Modified by 4kicks, Jul 6, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 6, 2014 7:35 PM

That was cute.. and funny. I love Chiyo she's so adorable, the type of shoujo heroine i like and Nozaki-kun, an another Nakamura Yuuichi character to love <3

Jul 6, 2014 7:40 PM

damn, that was better than expected.

Jul 6, 2014 7:48 PM

meh

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »