Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was cute :>

Chiyo is adorable. The artwork of the show is quite something as well. Umetarou is a character that I find to be strict yet could be appealing as well. I think the manga has more humor so hopefully we'll see more of that soon. I find Chiyo's imaginations to be overboard lol.

I really like the charm of this show so far though.

Jul 6, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
OP is favorable. lol @ the opening interaction (failed confession). She followed him without knowing that he wants assistant on his manga. She didn't know until helping out that he uses female pen name to publish shoujo manga. And he notices her art.

This is so funny yet sad. The girl helping him out with manga (idea and assistant) while liking him, but he only considers her as his assistant without knowing that she likes him. Her confession failed again.

ED is cute.

lol~ Nobu's character! So he's assistant.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
Based Dogakobo, that was hilarious. I think I'm going to enjoy this one.
Jul 6, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
I loved the ending and all Chiyo's expressions, she was so cute.
Both confession were hilarious.
Jul 6, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
The OP I like
Jul 6, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2009
I also quite liked the OP song and video (when they attack that tanuki lollll)
But yeah.. The pacing is too slow!! The manga is hilarious! But it doesn't work if they keep going back to Chiyo's romantic feelings! We know she likes him, now get the gags going...!!
Well, some Mikoshiba next time, that should be funneh :D
Jul 6, 2014 11:34 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder if Nozaki is gay, besides doesn't the info states that his inspiration came from one of his assistant who is a guy.
Jul 6, 2014 12:12 PM
Oct 2009
Baddie007 said:
doesn't the info states that his inspiration came from one of his assistant who is a guy.

That's the inspiration for the personality of one of the characters from his manga, not for the romance events or anything else within.
Jul 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
That was really adorable.
Pretty funny too, and I couldn't stop smiling.

That school building is super faaancy.

Loved the OP, cute ED too.
Can't wait for next week!

Generic shoujo MC, but she's still pretty lovable.
Jul 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Sep 2011
Eh.... not really into shounen made for a shoujo audience

There were a couple of funny parts but I'm really not into the shoujo art style.. idk to me it makes it look like Nozaki is 25 years old
Jul 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Holy crap that opening <3 The acoustic guitar slapping is pure win.

That was a pretty funny first episode. This show definitely has potential if it goes down the right track. Animation and BGM was a bit lack luster, but the comedic value is there and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
first episode was cute xD
i like the opening song, it was cute and the song was catchy
lol the bikes

i cant wait for the other characters to be introduced~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 6, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed that first episode, I'm liking the both of the main characters all ready, I think there's going to be lots of funny moments through out this anime. That opening at the beginning was really good too.
Douglas24Jul 6, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 6, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
That was funny!
The introduction as a mangaka on the book compared to the actual author xD
The two person bike, Chiyo's reaction calling it lame! Imagined it in an actual shoujo manga but then it came!
Chiyo being really happy then those disappointments!
Her constant blushing and tried to confess twice as a lover fan! She was really cute ^w^
Mikoshiba comes, those descriptions gave by Nozaki! Can't judge a person by their looks! A big main cast!
Jul 6, 2014 12:50 PM
Mar 2013
Oh! That was almost cuter than Barakamon. The ending song is super catchy too.
Jul 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Aug 2010
Cute series :3 I think I'm gonna like this :3

Lol'd at the beginning XD Quite the confession there "I want to always be with u" XD and how easy was that "Okay, u want to go home with me?" XDXDXD

She didn't even know he's a manga artist and did the Beta for 4 hrs XD

How his class treats him and how he's tactless even though he can depict women's emotions in his manga so well was lol

Dat double cycle was so lol XD How he first said a couple riding together would be against the rules so ofc he can't use it XD

The shoujo he's writing is so cute :3 How the hell does someone like that write this stuff XD And the VAing for the manga is cute too ^^

For someone who writes Shoujo manga this guy is so dense XDXDXD "What's so good about a guy like that XD"

I was thinking this is really fast paced if she really does confess at the end but Seems like we still have a way to go with that fail XD

And Dat Mikorin XDXD Really soothing type indeed XD "Liar" XD
Jul 6, 2014 12:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Chiyo Fight!
CratexJul 6, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Fight Chiyo!

Most male MCs are quite dense in romance shows. I guess if they weren't they would be over by episode 1! ^_^
Jul 6, 2014 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
I don't really like the way Nozaki looks :/
AccountKiller
Jul 6, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
It has been quite a while since a Comedy-type show made me actually laugh. Made me think of Bakuman with more comedy.
Jul 6, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
Really enjoyed this first episode, especially the bike scene. Looking forward to the rest of this anime.
Jul 6, 2014 1:11 PM
Mar 2014
this was actually really good and i cant wait to draw sakura
Jul 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
OH GOD THAT OPENINGS GOOD >__<
The show seems cute, I'll defo be watching this for a weekly shoujo fix. I think i'm reeeaaally going to like the cast. Can't wait for episode 2!
Jul 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
glad its not 3mins
Jul 6, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2012
I have nothing to say. This is perfect.
Jul 6, 2014 1:19 PM
Jun 2010
Wow, it's been so long since the last real shoujo anime aired, loved this!
Jul 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode, I fell in love with this series already.
Nozaki and Sakura are so funny and actually do look quite cute together.
LOL at the bicycle scene. I never would have expected Sakura to do that.
and LOL @ Nozaki: " What's so good about a guy like that?"
jose21Jul 6, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Cute first episode (and funny too)

"Your bra is showing through your shirt" oh Nozaki-kun

Ow god the bicycles... the bystanders' and Sakura's reaction faces are hilarious

The OP and Ed are both really catchy. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 6, 2014 1:24 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
greebo said:
Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Fight Chiyo!

Most male MCs are quite dense in romance shows. I guess if they weren't they would be over by episode 1! ^_^
I fully understand, but my point here is, for me it's the difference between 'dealing with the character type for the sake of the story' and 'this is funny' :D
Jul 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
This wasn't a show I was expecting to pick up but I ended up enjoying it quite a lot.
The other student's reactions when they were on the two-seater bike was hilarious. And Sakura is so cute ahhhh c:

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
魔法少女グレイシー
Jul 6, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2013
Lol that failed attempt at a confession at the end. Hopefully she can eventually confess for real.
Jul 6, 2014 1:32 PM

Apr 2010
I like this it was funny especially with the main.
And the scene on the bicycle made for a good laugh the reactions of the main where great to.
Her personality seemed interesting.
Jul 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
This's really good really cute!! I knew I should go with my guts feelings when choosing anime, I was sceptical a bit at first due the the low rating, but I decided to watch it, and it's REALLY GOOD!! It's funny, cute and funny and good!! xD
The OP and ED is awesome too!!
Jul 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2011
I like the OP :) That poor raccoon..lol

Why is it rated so low? Under a score of 7 :/
Jul 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
This was actually really funny. Let's hope it stays that way.

Mikorin ^^
Jul 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Liked opening song a lot! The episode was fun. For me, some places seemed a little bit dragged out (like the second confession scene), but that's understandable, because they're adapting 4 koma manga after all.
Seeing Mikorin at the end was fun~ Looking forward to some Seo action next week.
Jul 6, 2014 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Sakura didn't know Nozaki is a manga artist and did the Beta for 4 hours.

Nozaki likes to draw Shoujo manga.
Jul 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2011
Ohooo, Chiyo is really cute :3!

Um... Nozaki looks like he's older than someone in high school should be lol.

Chiyo... I'm sorry to say... but... you have failed...

Hahahaha, Chiyo thinking it was easy to get Nozaki to call her over to his place XD (I think he misunderstood what she was trying to tell him lol).

LOL, Chiyo thinks poor Nozaki brings girls over all the time.

Hahahha, Chiyo's reacted to Nozaki being a mangaka only afte she was leaving his place XD.

Oh yeah, Nozaki's exactly like those guys that wrote the article think "she" is...

LOL, nobody believed him when he told them that he's Yumeno Sakiko XD.

Yes Chiyo, he's after your talent not your body!

A bike for two! Good job Nozaki!

LOL, now Chiyo's with the two person bike hype XD.

Damn, Nozaki is totally oblivious...

LOOOL, the cat headbutted Nozaki after looking so weak on that branch!

Holy crap now he's got himself a whole cat family!

Chiyo... you have failed once again... but look on the bright side... you have another one of his autographs!

Yeah... Mikorin is exactly as Nozaki described him to be!

This series sure is funny. I haven't read the manga and whatnot so I can't say how it fares compared to that, but I like it.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 6, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2009
The epitome of "will senpai ever notice me". Pretty cute and simple romcom. That's all i need to be happy with this show.

hokaru said:

Probably edgy trolls thinking that anything that is romcom is cancer that is killing anime. Ignore them, they're just a vocal minority (note that it's just 6.9 right now with only 28 votes)
Jul 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
Ah pure love from shojo manga, how nice. I will definitely enjoy this title. Hopefully the story will develop in one way or another as 12 episode only about misunderstood love will last only few episodes more. Still if something got an anime adaptation it should have good development and I am looking forward to find out in which way it will go.
Jul 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2012
Strawhat_Pirate said:
The epitome of "will senpai ever notice me". Pretty cute and simple romcom. That's all i need to be happy with this show.

hokaru said:

Probably edgy trolls thinking that anything that is romcom is cancer that is killing anime. Ignore them, they're just a vocal minority (note that it's just 6.9 right now with only 28 votes)

The real score while I am writing this is at around 7,70.
MAL just doesn't update every time someone scores an anime.
.................................................................................
Jul 6, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
I love how self-aware shows like this are nowadays.

The demographic still baffles me. Everything about it screams "shoujo".
Jul 6, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the episode. Felt kinda similar to Itazura na Kiss without the badass teasing main male. Cant decide if thats good or bad yet, lets see :)
For now 8/10 from me.

greebo said:
Cratex said:
Awesome

Cose its shounen, thats what worries me. Go watch the abovementioned Itazura na Kiss if you want badass male.
Jul 6, 2014 2:40 PM
Oct 2010
Really funny episode. Though since it's a comedy I can't yet say if I like the anime until all the characters are presented.

Cratex said:
Awesome

I'm not usually amused by ultra-dense characters, but for some reason it really works here. Chiyo Fight!
In his defense, she is not using the correct vocabulary.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Her face when she got the second autograph was priceless lol
Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2012
I thought this was well done, it didn't really look like it was adapted from a 4-Koma even though some parts were a little dragged out.
I hope more people give this a try without shrugging it off as a boring shoujo or typical rom com. Since the manga is a gag manga.
Jul 6, 2014 2:56 PM
May 2014
Nozuki's face that screams "I'm a boss and I know it" is just plain awesome.
Jul 6, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
It was fun!!! I like the scenes of the bicycle. Nozaki-kun is my favorite character. I liked the part where she was describing him and then he told her that perhaps that guy is no good.
Jul 6, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2013
I actually really like this. This is the underdog of the season
Jul 6, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2011
Romedbaumann said:
Strawhat_Pirate said:

The real score while I am writing this is at around 7,70.
MAL just doesn't update every time someone scores an anime.

Ahh... MAL didn't update the score for several hours. Still struck at 6.93. So I went to check the stats and calculated. Yup by the time i wrote this, it's 7.71 scored by 223 users.
The non-updated low score might make people not want to watch it :( Hope it could be updated soon.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

509 by Stratocaslyn »»
Apr 16, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

154 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

150 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 24, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.