Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jul 6, 2014 7:20 AM

Mafia Society is a unique club dedicated to mafia games on MAL, we are ever growing, with new 
and old members keeping the club active we are in need of new staff to expand our team in 
order to accommodate this. We welcome anyone and everyone to apply, if there is a role that you
are interested in but are unsure whether or not you are fit for the role, do not hesitate to ask 
questions and we are also willing to help train you. For instance the game manager role, it's a 
learning experience and we can definitely help with anyone interested in that role. 
Finally, we are looking for people who are active members of the club so that
we have an idea of how you are as a person and whether or not you'll fit into 
the team. As we are a very different group of staff from other clubs, if you join our staff
team you are family, which also means that we are not looking for individuals who
only join to complete their staff duties and thats it, we want individuals who cares
about the community and are willing to help out with other areas of the club when
necessary while also getting to know and hanging out with the rest of the staff. 
The current staff positions are open:

Game Manager:
Main Role: Your duties in this role includes managing the Mafia Game Queue thread
by updating it when new hosts apply to host a game, check their setup to make sure
it is balanced, updating the thread and club details when games goes in sign ups
and starts and co-hosting games when required.
Specific requirement: Experience in hosting games, how to balance setups
and good organisational skills. Have an adequate understanding of how mafia
games work.
Amount: 0

Graphics Designer:
Main Role: Help Mafia Society by making/designing the required graphic materials
for the club. This includes, but not limited to, banners, cards and layout.
Specific requirement: Experience with image editing software
Amount: 2

Event Planner:
Main Role: Help Mafia Society by planning and organizing seasonal events for
summer, christmas, easter, halloween etc. This involves coming up with ideas for events,
planning out the games by assigning which staff member will be working on what games,
making a working points/reward system (if this is the idea you want to go for), making
a schedule of the event so you are clear on what needs to be done when, while making
sure that other staff are meeting the set dates/deadlines. Examples of our previous events
can be found here: Magi Summer Event, Easter Event, Valentines Event and Christmas Event
Specific requirement: Leadership, creativity, planning and organizational skills are crucial for this role
to be performed effectively. The ability to communicate with and manage the staff that are helping
out with the event is vital for an event planner.
Amount: 0

Moderator:
Main Role: Read site and discord and moderate behavior on both. Escalate extreme behavior to global mod or leaders as appropriate.
Specific requirement: Experience with handling people. Responsible behavior and good analysis and judgement.
Amount: 1

Other:
Role: If there are areas of the club that you think you could
contribute in but does not have a role, feel free to recommend
it to us and we will consider it.
Specific requirement: None
Amount:

Requirements:
- Must have at least 100 posts
- Must be an active user who visits MAL daily
- Active on both site and discord
- Can speak English fluently
- Bonus: Has had experience as a staff

Apply using the following form:
>>>Application Form<<<
Username:
Position:
Do you meet the requirements:
Why do you want to join:
What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join:

Note: if you are applying for graphics designer, please show examples of your work.
You will receive a pm from a member of staff if you are accepted.
Modified by osieorb18, Apr 15, 2:56 AM

Jul 6, 2014 10:00 AM

I can help with the graphics. Just let me know what you want.

Jul 6, 2014 12:34 PM

I was working on a banner/header but if you know how to make something similar to this then have at it.

Bomb said he wants a black/red color scheme, not sure how that'd look on MALs default, so I tried some stuff just grey scaled w/ text. Nothing really outstanding, though. hehe.

Jul 6, 2014 1:19 PM

If you want to make it, go ahead lol. I'll just help however I can.
I've been inviting people who play these games in FG to come here.

Jul 6, 2014 7:16 PM

Hey there, black and red was just a suggestion because maybe I thought it would be mafia themed like this

Jul 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Hello, I want to join the admins, mainly for game hosting and possible graphic assistance.

Jul 14, 2014 9:58 AM

i know u from other clubs Mishukax so i think u can be trusted to be admin so welcome to the team.

Jul 15, 2014 3:21 PM

I can help out with graphics if needed.

Examples of my work ;

Jul 15, 2014 3:34 PM

I will talk with the other admin karote i think your work looks great but i want to talk with people who know more about graphics than me 1. if u do get admin it will be on a trial basic if that is fine with you.

Jul 15, 2014 4:11 PM

@Jack to be honest Karote Work is really great Even more creative than me xD , I approve but as you said you can discuss it with others!

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC

Jul 15, 2014 4:19 PM

Haine15 said:
@Jack to be honest Karote Work is really great Even more creative than me xD , I approve but as you said you can discuss it with others!

Ok thanks haine wanted to check with others 1 because i dont know this stuff that well i will talk to others Karote but u have a great chance at the moment

Dec 1, 2014 2:36 PM

I am interested in being a staff.

I feel like this club has lost quite a bit of activity and would love to help out.

I'm not a Photoshop expert or good photo editor.

So it looks like recruiter is what I can apply for.

But what does a recruiter do?

Try to get more people to join the club?

Dec 5, 2014 2:07 PM

Soren333 said:

Yes, that's exactly what a recruiter does. You can also do newsletter delivery!

Lulu ❤

Dec 6, 2014 12:48 PM

grave_robber said:
Soren333 said:

Yes, that's exactly what a recruiter does. You can also do newsletter delivery!

Will do ^_^

Feb 1, 2015 2:24 PM

Username: -Blonde-
Position: Recruiter
100 Posts - Yes
Visits Daily - Yes
Fluent English - Yes
-Stopping the rule breakers!
-Members
-Help Co-hosting
-I have no life, so I'll be able to help new members often.
Why do you want to join: I want experience of being staff and to help new members. I'm not exactly an old member at all, but I know my way around well and love helping others. Plus, there's a bonus of having power. It all sounds fun to me and the responsibility makes it exciting, so I won't let you down ^_^

Feb 1, 2015 2:39 PM

Thank you for sending in your application. We shall review it.

Feb 2, 2015 5:49 AM

is this still open?
if so...
Name: SodaWithYoda
Do I meet the requirements?
100 posts: Yes
Active member: Yes
Fluent in english: Yes
What can I bring?
An australian demographic, more members
Help with co-hosting and general admin stuff.
why do i want to join?
Because I am a really big fan of mafia games, I want to give back to the hosts and people who organise the really cool mafia events (live the valentine event) and just other general games.
I also wish to gain the skills to host my own mafia games and promote mafia games this way as well

Thank you

Feb 2, 2015 7:37 AM

SodaWithYoda said:
is this still open?
if so...
Name: SodaWithYoda
Do I meet the requirements?
100 posts: Yes
Active member: Yes
Fluent in english: Yes
What can I bring?
An australian demographic, more members
Help with co-hosting and general admin stuff.
why do i want to join?
Because I am a really big fan of mafia games, I want to give back to the hosts and people who organise the really cool mafia events (live the valentine event) and just other general games.
I also wish to gain the skills to host my own mafia games and promote mafia games this way as well

Thank you

Yes this is still open thank you for the application the staff will review your application and discuss it and we will give you a answer soon.

Feb 2, 2015 9:30 AM

Added newsletter position.

Feb 2, 2015 9:33 AM

Soren333 said:
Can I change my application to Newsletter position? Do I have to post a totally new application?

Feb 2, 2015 9:37 AM

-Blonde- said:
Soren333 said:
Can I change my application to Newsletter position? Do I have to post a totally new application?

It's mostly the same, so I don't think you need to.

Feb 2, 2015 9:40 AM

Ok, I'll like to change it the Newsletter position then.

Feb 4, 2015 10:45 AM

I have very little experience in Photoshop or any other image editing programs. Just enough to get by with slightly modifying my own images/reaction pics I have.
I've had experience in moderating and running a club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=30963

During the week I'm on and off throughout most of the day(8 - 16 hours, varies greatly depending on schedule) I'm usually on when not many other users seem to be on. Early morning EST to Midnight EST with some gaps in between.

I find the more moderators a group has the easier the job is for everyone so applying I could really help with the burden(if there]s any). This is a club I'm very active in so wanting to help out is natural. Hope I can be of use!

Feb 4, 2015 12:30 PM

DoubleC said:
I have very little experience in Photoshop or any other image editing programs. Just enough to get by with slightly modifying my own images/reaction pics I have.

During the week I'm on and off throughout most of the day(8 - 16 hours, varies greatly depending on schedule) I'm usually on when not many other users seem to be on. Early morning EST to Midnight EST with some gaps in between.

I find the more moderators a group has the easier the job is for everyone so applying I could really help with the burden(if there]s any). This is a club I'm very active in so wanting to help out is natural. Hope I can be of use!

Are you applying?

Please use the application form.

Feb 5, 2015 8:59 AM

Username: DoubleC

Position: Any available that I'll be most capable

Do you meet the requirements: Yes

What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: I have very little experience in Photoshop or any other image editing programs. Just enough to get by with slightly modifying my own images/reaction pics I have.

Why do you want to join:

I hope this is acceptable.

Feb 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Thanks for applying in the correct format. Your application will be in review.

Do you have any examples of your work which demonstrates the use of image editing software?

Feb 5, 2015 9:15 AM

My DP pic is a very simple one. Simply cropped, changed the format, and then resized.
I can create an example of a better work when at home.

Feb 5, 2015 9:19 AM

DoubleC said:
My DP pic is a very simple one. Simply cropped, changed the format, and then resized.
I can create an example of a better work when at home.

What about adding text onto an image and simple editing such as changing the tone of the colors, adding a border etc?

Feb 5, 2015 9:25 AM

I can do that. I know the basics of editing. Like simple touch up(removing acne from poor teen's face was the worst exercise I took ;-;) and adding stuff to images, so borders and text are no biggie. But that's about as pretty as it gets.
Here's another image I modified
The DP of this club
Very amateurish, but I'm super super proud of it
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=64243

Feb 5, 2015 9:36 AM

DoubleC said:
I can do that. I know the basics of editing. Like simple touch up(removing acne from poor teen's face was the worst exercise I took ;-;) and adding stuff to images, so borders and text are no biggie. But that's about as pretty as it gets.
Here's another image I modified
The DP of this club
Very amateurish, but I'm super super proud of it
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=64243

Sounds good.

Do you think the graphics designer position would be a fitting position for you?

Feb 5, 2015 10:29 AM

Not with my current skills.

Feb 5, 2015 12:37 PM

I think we could have CC take over the membership cards thread and do general thread management and update the club details regularly. He can help in the upcoming events as well.

Thanks for applying CC, we'll get back to you with an answer soon ^^

Lulu ❤

Apr 14, 2015 3:02 PM

New Staff Positions!

Event Planner:
Main Role: Help Mafia Society by planning future events that will take place on Mafia Society, for example the Valentines Day Event.
Secondary Role: Help Mafia Society manage the club in general. This includes, but not limited to, helping members around the club, helping out with co-hosting when needed, help deliver newsletters and making sure that the rules are not broken.
Amount: 2

Chat Moderator:
Main Role: Help Mafia Society by moderating/deleting/editing posts in forum topics and the comment section of the club that don't follow the club rules.
Secondary Role: Help Mafia Society manage the club in general. This includes, but not limited to, helping members around the club, helping out with co-hosting when needed, help deliver newsletters and making sure that the rules are not broken.
Amount: 1 or 2
Modified by Blonde, Apr 16, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 15, 2015 1:28 PM

Username: Doughkey

Position: Event Planner

Do you meet the requirements: I meet the post count requirement, and I may be able to speak and write English fluently.

What can you bring to the table: I think I have a knack for coming up with things like events and games. I am sure CC could at least somewhat vouch for my creativity based off my help with UAS 2.

Why do you want to join: I find planning things like this is actually kind of fun. As for my secondary role, I am on Mafia Society quite a bit so I can do that while I am on threads anyway. Heck, I already help members with advice on general mafia rules, and I am a co-host.

Apr 16, 2015 3:10 AM

Thanks for applying, your applications will be put under review and we'll get back to you soon ^^

Apr 16, 2015 10:19 AM

Username:Shap111

Position: Event planner

Yes, im active in MAL in a daily basis and I consider my english fluent

Well I have experience in being an admin and im resposinble when it comes to my tasks, I could co host sometimes as well

Why do you want to join:
Bringing up ideas to promote club activity sounds as something i would enjoy a lot, so thats why im applying to event planner, also this club is one of the few clubs where i hang out daily
Trust me, im Shap

Apr 16, 2015 2:13 PM

Event Planner Position Closed!

Apr 16, 2015 11:24 PM
Yee

Username: Lambtron

Position: Chat moderator

Do you meet the requirements: I believe I should be fine as far as said requirements go, I am able to speak/read and interpret English both fluently and out of context ^^. My spam count should be more than enough along side my usual daily activity within this site. ( The most part of 6-7 hrs weekdays, half the day if not more some weekends ).
As for experience most of my past efforts have been within gaming communities started amongst friends and otherwise working my into such a position. This includes taking on the role of dealing with players starting arguments/confrontation or those making a bad name for our clan within the game and it's respective community as the leader felt less at home dealing with this side of management. ( Issuing warnings, fixing what I could prior to needing to take action as an administrator along side the leader). I have also taken over a thread within one club on MAL and some minor tasks on the side when need be.

What can you bring to the table: The aforementioned experience with dealing with the less comfortable jobs and willingness to deal with not only a mix of the lesser tasks around the club but also easier things I am capable of when need be in someone else's place.
Though this could be looked at as a disadvantage I believe it would be a good idea to have someone such as myself on-board due to my time-zone, as it will bring a better spread in terms of keeping the place clean. Not to mention the amount of "freedom" that comes with being a Kiwi :3 .... Australian :'<

Why do you want to join: I believe it would be a refreshing feeling to get back into doing something I can think of as "useful" and give back to this community which I have come to be rather fond of through these mafia games ^^. It would also serve as a gateway reason to get to better know not only the usuals around the club but the new and upcoming users as I do acknowledge I have some problems getting to know others on a personal level or otherwise.
^ Hopefully the above can lead to others being able to place their trust in me for tasks such as co-hosting, I love making sure other peoples plans go well and helping with tweaking and the likes.

I also like to try to make sure all users understand the rules both within these games and the club itself, as I have felt at times a little unnerved when head-butting some aspects I hadn't had a grasp on at that point.
I prefer everyone is kept up to pace and are able to enjoy things at an equal level and as much as I enjoy winning against odds, I prefer to do what I can to instead ensure no-one else loses and that tasks others can't complete for whatever reason are taken care of where possible ^^.

Sorry for the rain of words, I did actually shorten this before posting <.<
Edit: Fairly ironic that I had little to no access to my computer for the last 3 days due to letting my bro use it for the majority of the day, his computer can't run a game he was playing with mates.

Apr 17, 2015 2:34 AM

So many promising candidates =3

Lulu ❤

May 19, 2015 2:36 AM

Username: Transience

Position: Graphics Designer

Do you meet the requirements: I do believe I fulfill the requirements. I've been doing graphic design for about 2 months now. While I'm not sure if that's enough experience, I do know that I can say I've improved enough to be quite okay at it. My post count is sufficient enough. I also spend quite a few hours every day on MAL. I get busier on Fridays and Saturdays and so, my visits are less frequent then. I can speak/write English fluently. And I do have some experience as staff in these clubs: KSCH and Cloud Atlas.
I'll admit that I've never made a layout before but I'm willing to try.

What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: Eh, well simply put, I can make a lot of pretty pictures and customizations to put up around MS. Here are some of my works:

What are your skill sets: I believe I'm quite creative and imaginative. I also love learning new things.

Why do you want to join: Well, that's easy, actually. I really like this club and if I can contribute anything more than what I already do, I want to do it. (Although I will be sad that I won't get to count to a 1000 or more on the 'Count to 30 before a staff member posts.' game, if I get accepted.)
Modified by Transience, May 19, 2015 2:42 AM

May 19, 2015 3:57 AM

Thanks for applying in the correct format. Your application will be in review. ^^

Lulu ❤

Jun 10, 2015 9:25 AM

Thank you for applying Ichigo, we will review your application and get back to you shortly.

Jun 25, 2015 4:11 PM

Username: Ichigo321
Position: Graphics Designer
Do you meet the requirements: I think I do, got more than 1000 posts you can see, I use photoshop for over 2 years and I improved a lot recently, I can make cards, badges, layouts (I tried 2 times, not good as karote did but still I can I guess) and I can make a lot of stuff, all what is needed O.O I spend most of my day in mal (I'm addict xD) so yeah I can say I will be very active :3 english I speak pretty good, I guess good enough to talk with people, not gonna give warnings to people or host mafia games since I don't really play them, but my english good enough, if you got any problems feel free to correct me my grammar not the best sometimes, I speak fluenty I think (karote will help me in worst case o.o)
Why are you suitable for the role you applied for: because I make cards for long time and I got passion for it and I love doing that, so I guess in all what related to graphic I will enjoy do it :3
What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: I can bring cool badges and some limited editions if you want xD and layout I can try make but I'm not into mafia pics so better keep it for karote or someone else, and ehh....you will have fun with me, people say I'm nice person xD I will be nice cool admin I guess :3
What are your skill sets: I love improve in photoshop and improve in anything, I love to talk and I love to creat things, I'm creative also :)
Why do you want to join: because this club seems cool and it's like the club I'm the most active one so it would be nice to give something from myself to it, hope you will consider my apply ^^

And ehh......I guess I will show you some examples of my work?

I deleted my post because too scared to get rejected after heard things, anyway since I passed trauma already in other club I can bear anything now, so feel free to reject me, and................I will do my best be the most serious person if needed.

Jun 26, 2015 2:52 AM

Thanks for your application, Ichigo ^^

The staff will review your application.

Jun 26, 2015 3:17 PM
Tea Addict

Username: KaitoKirishima
Position: Chat Moderator, Open for Anything else but Graphic Designer (My experience with photoshop is limited)
• I just recently got into using the forum section of MAL, pretty much not till I joined Mafia Society did I become active on the forums.
• I am on almost all day long, atleast until the end of August when my classes start again.
• Fluent: In English Only sadly :D
Why are you suitable for the role you applied for: I can understand the difference between right and wrong. I'm quick to notice profanity or any unnecessary insults in general. I just like to be able to monitor the chat and forums whenever I can.

What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: I don't really think I can bring anything new
• I can punish the evil doers :D
• I can help with cohosting when needed, atleast until my classes start in August!!
• Im constantly online so I can monitor the club very frequently
What are your skill sets: Don't really have any particular skills pretty average person XD.

Why do you want to join: Like to help keep the chat clean if possible. I really enjoy this club in general so ide love to be able to actually monitor it. I mean I've already seen a few rage posts in mafia games so ide like to be able to deal with those on the spot if it could.

Jun 27, 2015 3:45 AM

You did it because I went apply too right? >.>
Also, I think this role is full o.O

Jun 27, 2015 4:17 AM

Thanks for your application, Kaito ^^

The staff will review your application.

Lulu ❤

Aug 14, 2015 2:12 PM

Username: -Blonde-
Position: Newsletter Team
Do you meet the requirements: Yes
Why are you suitable for the role you applied for: I've had the position here before and I've had months of experience, so I think I'm well qualified.
- Help showing people around.
- Help plan, organise and run events.
- Help create and send newsletters.
What are your skill sets: Low-level photoshop? ;P I wouldn't say I have any exceptional skills, but I love to input my ideas and I'm not afraid to do so.
Why do you want to join: After leaving and having time to think things over, I decided it'd be best for me to join again. I feel useful being part of the staff and I want to keep that going.

Aug 14, 2015 2:47 PM

Username: lupadim
Position: Statistics Analyst
Do you meet the requirements: Naturally.
Why are you suitable for the role you applied for: I have interest in analyzing statistics for mafia games, and I do have the time required to do so. So yes, my interest in this position is mostly personal.
What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: Statistics that help understanding the average mind of a mafia player.
What are your skill sets: The most important thing here is that I can easily handle statistics and numbers. I can also display the data acquired in creative ways. Finally, I have a lot of hosting experience, which allows me to co-host and review other games' rules if needed (to perform my secondary role).
Why do you want to join: As I said, I am personally curious about what kind of statistics would be acquired. But I can't bring myself to seek it unless there is some sort of responsibility involved. That's why I think this is a good opportunity.

Aug 14, 2015 6:21 PM

Username: Xanic

Position: Statistics Analyst

Do you meet the requirements: Yes.

Why are you suitable for the role you applied for: Statistics are my life-long dream... Joking, I have experience with working with statistics due to running surveys and similar projects.

What can you bring to Mafia Society if you join: A friendly attitude and statistics that will be uber-powerful!

What are your skill sets: Excel files, following, leading, being creative. Am also capable of co-hosting and judging what is appropriate and not based on the rules if required.

Why do you want to join: To help out the already amazing staff on Mafia Society.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »