Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Nov 17, 2012 7:05 AM

Jun 2012
That was epic.
Dec 1, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
I liked this episode, but oh my gosh dude, Hei's frickin' evil! I was excited when he finally showed up, but the first thing he does is kill two people in cold blood? Jeez, I hope he hasn't lost his human side and turned into a heartless killer or something.

The first half of the episode with the pink-haired girl was so nice, though. I felt like I was watching a different anime. It was pretty friendly and harmless. But then that one blonde girl has to summon a swarm of locusts on her boyfriend. That's harsh.

Hope they explain Hei more in the next ep.
Jan 14, 2013 4:05 AM

Jan 2012
The season starts of great. I'm so glad to see April and July again. Looking forward to next episode.

Mar 30, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2012
Amazing first episode of this second season, interesting stuff happening and the slight slice of life part wasn't bad either! It's nice to have something like that pop up in this setting! I like how Hei's hair has grown out! But killing April already was quite a surprise!

A great start of this second season! Lets see what's next!
Jun 8, 2013 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
unexpected to see April killed so early in the show but interesting episode.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jun 12, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
Mmmmm, Hanazawa Kana.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 5, 2013 3:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
First episode in and April dies. I actually kind of liked her too. And that Tanya, I knew I recognized her voice from somewhere, Ishikawa Yui! Her cold tone of voice when Tanya became a contractor sounds just like Mikasa :)

Anyways, interesting first episode I guess, and as usual, first episodes are hard to judge. And Hei has long hair? His eyes also look bloodshot. I also wonder who that hamburger eating guy was...he pretty much died a minute after he was introduced. But he was pretty funny, knocking into the tree because of the speed.
Aug 3, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
Crazy ending! Was starting to think I was watching a completely different anime. LOL

DawnJ said:
Mmmmm, Hanazawa Kana.

Yeeeee
Sep 26, 2013 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
This episode is the reason why I hate sequels so damn much... It's nothing like the original show !
What a huge letdown...
alpirSep 27, 2013 3:03 PM
Oct 2, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Aww why did she have to die so soon?
Nov 10, 2013 12:46 AM
May 2013
7 August looks like Dante from DMC .
Hei is back and now he had long hair, I like it.
I'm not sure yet if I'm glad or mad that I've watched Gaiden .
alpir said:
It's nothing like the original show !
Jan 19, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2013
If this anime continues to be about a damn little girl, I will scream. There was such a build up in season 1 and in Gaiden, I've lost my hope at an amazing anime.
Hei looks as amazing as ever with long hair and a shabby look but it doesn't make up for the fact that he doesn't seem to be the main character anymore.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 25, 2014 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
Zarnaav said:
7 August looks like Dante from DMC .
haha I agree

Hei had an awesome transformation.. nice
Jul 7, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
Hanazawa, Kana IS THE BEST VA
pretty good start Hei has long hair >.>
did that guy die because he was running to fast in the rain ???
I wonder if Mao is in the squirrel ????
[/quote]
Jul 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
alpir said:
This episode is the reason why I hate sequels so damn much... It's nothing like the original show !
What a huge letdown...

I can't argue with that...
Aug 16, 2014 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Good first episode, i wonder if Hei is still looking for Yin.
My Candies:
Sep 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
bloodiemonster said:
Hanazawa, Kana IS THE BEST VA
pretty good start Hei has long hair >.>
did that guy die because he was running to fast in the rain ???
I wonder if Mao is in the squirrel ????

Wasn't Mao dead? I think that was just a regular cat.
Jun 21, 2015 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
Oh wow.. April's gone just like that.
It's been a long time since I've watched the previous two seasons..
I can't remember anything from the story before.. it was a bit too complicated to remember damn.
Just seeing Hei in action made it worth the watch no matter what the plot is about.
Animations like these don't come often anymore. This is just too beautiful.
Btw Hei may look like a drunktard but when his mask is on.. freaking badass. XD
Nov 10, 2015 6:21 AM
Dec 2011
shit that couple damn Tanya turns in to a contractor and i was so happy for the young couple tooo.. oh...my god.... mao's cat body is shot dead shit!!
oh....no....April died i was super hyped to see her specialy she is talking about second hand smoking like November 11 oh... i miss him too !
i love suou and shion!
i have doubts about their daddy ???? i mean hei doesn't kill like that only if they are bastards or only contractors!
( hei killed April because he didn't know her but i am sure if he knew how she is like he wouldn't have done that but if she was unknowingly a key player to the syndicate hei doesn't have a choice)
that army guy who was fighting april hit himself to a tree that was funny,, poor guy is dead!
wow this episode was epic exciting and sad at the same time :3
Nov 17, 2015 8:18 AM

Jan 2012
what kind of rain is that. , lol he is back with long hair

Dec 1, 2015 6:21 AM
May 2012
As we all know, many people doesn't like this season 2...but we will see.
Not bad first episode. I like Suou (HanaKana <3).
Yeah, what the fuck happened to Hei ahahaha.
Mar 5, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
Eating burgers? BEST REMUNERATION EVER!

Just when I was starting to like her, I can't believe they just killed off April like that...

Not bad start so far, Hei's behavior does has my worried though.
I'm still waiting to see if it goes to shit later on like many as stated
Mar 31, 2016 10:10 PM

Apr 2009
So Hei now is a long hair dude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2016 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
OMG ! long hair Hei looks so cool with the mask

I wonder how did he get to Russia
FrancosiusApr 7, 2016 11:01 PM
May 30, 2016 6:16 AM

Jul 2008
Oh crap April is dead because of Hei...and did they kill Mao?!!! NOOOO!!!
Jun 21, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
This series has more in common with the genre romance than one would think at first. Seasons one as well as the second are starting with some romance build up even though it get's crushed afterwards.
Jul 4, 2016 4:46 PM

Nov 2015

Wow, what the fuck was all this!? This was brutal!
Not only the animation got a upgrade but the story itself looks fresh! Looks amazing.
The new characters, the twins, seem to be nice and I already want to know more about them. The comeback and good bye of old characters and then.. Hei. What in the world happened to him!? He already killed April in the very first episode! And... Mao... was that Mao?? for real!? T_T

WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Amazing start, going for the second episode right away!
Mar 13, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
When the meteor strikes I thought she or her brother would die XD

Whoa I like the action in this episode better than the 1st season. Faster and has more epic with the music.
Jul 13, 2017 7:35 PM

May 2010
Wow, black chick lived through entire first season to get killed off in the first ep of the sequel >D

Seems liket Hei doesn't fuck around anymore, and I have to say: I'm a little bit invested already. New girl looks okay, plus she has KanaHana's voice so I'm sure I'm gonna like her anyway. Decent start!
Sep 23, 2017 12:24 PM
Aug 2014
lmao what a way to die, death by high speed collision with rain.
Jun 19, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
the guy ran in the rain, rain at high speed killed him, thats what u get for not knowing ur opotment 😂😂😂
Jan 2, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty decent start to this season, and from the outlook of things, there seems to be a progressive story this time around compared to the 2 episodes per arc structure the first season went with. I remember nothing about this season of Darker than BLACK so I'm curious to see how it plays out but the setup was pretty solid and the end with Hei killing April and making his status of a character this season to be unknown is pretty great. Visuals looked slightly weaker than the first season but overall, the episode was a good start. I'm curious to see how the rest of the show turns out, especially since what I do remember is this season being a lot weaker than the first one when I first saw it.
Jan 3, 2021 9:39 PM
Apr 2016
The first half was very lighthearted and fun; with some romance, but then it got darker and more corresponsive with Darker than Black's prequel's nature. Good first episode, it was entertaining and interesting.
Feb 11, 2021 7:33 AM
Oct 2019
Meh. Not overly impressed by the first episode.

falling contractor stars literally fall to the ground? they're made of meteor shards? how the heck do people even become contractors

I'm not following the timeline. there's no November 11 so it must be after his death. but there's a black cat with a bell? that's Mao? He also died around the same time Nov 11 did...

5/10

I don't like the tone of the show. too lighthearted initially. It's one of the things I didn't like about the first season, when it would get too lighthearted and lose the neo noir type setting

but i wan't some kind of finality to the overall DtB story so i'm going to keep watching and hope I get answers
Apr 11, 2021 12:50 AM

May 2020
So apparently, Gaiden was released after this came out. Interesting to see how that affects the viewing experience, since all the initial reactions were based on S2 alone and not with the additional information we have from Gaiden.

Shame they killed off April this fast. She wasn't great in S1 but this season could've fleshed her out more.
Jul 5, 2021 3:08 AM

Jan 2020
Ugh.....I hate it when a child will be the MC especially considering the tone of this show...

Seems like this season setting will be mainly in Russian and it seems like this season will be more light hearted, which is not what I wanted...
Aug 15, 2021 8:59 AM

Mar 2019
WAIT APRIL??? Why, that was so random. Hei also looks so much different, poor kid got turned into a contractor, kinda hurts to see that. Everything is so confusing. Can't wait for the opening, it's amazing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2021
aaaaaaaah. Hei with long hair looks so cool

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because
they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Dec 5, 2021 6:14 PM

Aug 2018
Is that really Hei?

I wonder if the whole season will be in Russia

Mar 3, 2023 4:08 PM

Dec 2022
The start of this was so cheery and saccharine that I was just begging for something to happen. And happen it did. Hei is as badass as ever as well.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 26, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2021
Oh boy a child mc ... and a female to boot! Oh goody! Not! We all know she'll end up being some kind of Mary Sue type, sooner or later she''ll become better at being a contractor than her brother and she'll even surpass Hei! Mark my words! One episode in, and without being a fan of any kind, I've never read the manga, didn't find the first series that particularly good but I'm already calling it! She'll be the bestest evah!

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Archean-Return
The start of this was so cheery and saccharine that I was just begging for something to happen. And happen it did. Hei is as badass as ever as well.
@Archean-Return
It's nice to see someone using saccharine as a descriptor. I don't hear or see it often. Quite an indicator of a good vocabulary.

Anyway.

OH bloody hell, really? Killing Mao!? This is a disturbingly intrepid move if it really was him and we didn't get psyched out. I just think he added a necessary perspective different from Huang and Hei. At least we still have Yin.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.