Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2009 2:00 PM

Apr 2007
Nooooooo April~~ She really impressed me in this episode and she's dead already. Damn you Hei ;______;

Anyway that was a nice episode. This has the same feeling as the first series so far and I like it. August 7 also seems like a really interesting character, but I doubt he will surpass the amazing November 11 in my book.

Also guys, Mao was never confirmed to be dead. He only lost connection with the cat in the gate we barely know anything about. Who knows, he may regain his consciousness be able to reconnect with a different animal. If he does come back my guess is that it will be in Suou's pet squirrel (or w/e it was), who escaped from the cage.
Oct 9, 2009 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
Lilgnomy said:
Yeah really nice episode, but you don't know who's dead
There was an epilogue at the end of the episode that showed who died.

BEGINNER
Oct 9, 2009 2:07 PM
May 2009
Oosran said:
SUCK3RPUNCH said:
WTF Goran dies in the first episode?
I think there must be some explanation in the next episode. He seems quite cool.

Apparantly he wasn't cool enough to be of any importance x) He was just that random cool guy who makes one appearance and then he's gone : D

April dies too. She isn't cool enough ? :D
Then more than a half characters from the first season wasn't cool enough xD
Must be some kind of explanation in the second episode.
Oct 9, 2009 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
adamantine said:
Lilgnomy said:

Wouldn't call it an epilogue, more like a preview for the next episode : >

SUCK3RPUNCH said:
Oosran said:
SUCK3RPUNCH said:
I think there must be some explanation in the next episode. He seems quite cool.

Apparantly he wasn't cool enough to be of any importance x) He was just that random cool guy who makes one appearance and then he's gone : D

They weren't cool enough, thus they were killed : >
They were simply these random cool guys that can be killed when they've served their purpose : D
And no, I don't think April was cool enough : O (*preparing for rageattacks* : / ) She was just your random contractor that happens to work for MI6 or so, and she really looked strange xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 9, 2009 2:13 PM

Apr 2009
Grimmm said:
Mao died at the end of the last season. o_0 His connection was cut off therefore the cat mind took over and he "died". I'm sure the black cat was just a little tribute in a sense to Mao...I guess. = /

But if that really was Mao then I hope they explain how he survived. o_0

That's what I said, too o.o And I'm pretty sure about this. Maybe the cat was really just a cat. Maybe even the one that was Mao's 'host', but not Mao...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 9, 2009 2:23 PM

Dec 2008
Awesome episode. It started off kind of slow, but it ended with a bang, so I'm giving this episode a solid 4/5.

DtB2 is what I've been looking forward to most and it's not disappointing so far. I was pretty apprehensive about Suou, but she seems to be likeable enough.

But...dear Hei needs a good shave and a little bit of a trim D:
Oct 9, 2009 2:26 PM

Mar 2008
OMG so epic. First I thought. Tanya her human personality was very cute <3. BUT THEN ;_;

Suou is great. Hei is badass. There back! And there even Darker than Black! \o/
Oct 9, 2009 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
Now that was a really promising first episode. Looking forward to more.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 9, 2009 2:34 PM

May 2007
Great episode, got me interested all over again. :)

Where's Yin though? I miss her~

Oct 9, 2009 2:35 PM

Apr 2009
watch after the ED they showed april dying saying "BK 201"? why are ppl wondering who died?
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Oct 9, 2009 2:35 PM
May 2009
Oosran said:
adamantine said:
Lilgnomy said:

SUCK3RPUNCH said:
Oosran said:
SUCK3RPUNCH said:

They weren't cool enough, thus they were killed : >
They were simply these random cool guys that can be killed when they've served their purpose : D
And no, I don't think April was cool enough : O (*preparing for rageattacks* : / ) She was just your random contractor that happens to work for MI6 or so, and she really looked strange xD

I don't admire April too, though Goran was on soooo much in the trailer and CM's. Pretty strange to kill him right away.
Another good think about DtB:RnG is Russia. They done a very appreciative work. No stupid Cummunism/Stalin/Lenin/Vodka/Balalaika things at all. Everything is almost exactly as-it-is. No stereotypes. The only thing was the book "Дпкиэ Птицы". It must be "Дикие птицы". But anyway. BONES are the best.
SUCK3RPUNCHOct 9, 2009 2:45 PM
Oct 9, 2009 2:38 PM

Dec 2008
wasn't expecting them to kill off april so soon :(
Oct 9, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2008
Oosran said:
adamantine said:
Lilgnomy said:
Eh, I call it an epilogue because I remember calling it that for Gundam 00 - since they weren't really previews and instead tied up the loose ends of the episode like an epilogue would.

BEGINNER
Oct 9, 2009 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
adamantine said:
Oosran said:
adamantine said:
Lilgnomy said:
Eh, I call it an epilogue because I remember calling it that for Gundam 00 - since they weren't really previews and instead tied up the loose ends of the episode like an epilogue would.

Oh I see what you did thar
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 9, 2009 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
so hiei is back and killing all ready! i wonder whats so important about the girl, and what is her brothers contract?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 9, 2009 3:21 PM
May 2008
I loved the sound! And I loved the movements. Darker than Black is baaaaaack!)))))

Hei is obviously not working for anyone now (remember him standing at the roof of the bar watching April go away? His cloak was torn apart which never happened in the 1st season ><).
And he is suffering from hangover. Because you have to drink much when you're in Russia lol

ALSO --- a really good try to show Russia, I cried while watching the first half XD
Oct 9, 2009 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
Rewatched it with subs:)
Bad ass Hei killed Suou's dad>_<
and everyone seems to be after um... Shion.
Poor Shion- gets seperated with his sister.
Hamburger blonde dies +_+
too many deaths in one episode. ahh.
too bad this series only have 12 episodes..+_+
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 9, 2009 3:35 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode.
Suou is probably going on my favorite characters list soon.
Oct 9, 2009 3:47 PM
Nov 2008
Such an amazing start.
Oct 9, 2009 4:05 PM

Mar 2008
The last remnant of November is now gone.
Oct 9, 2009 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
Well watched the one subbed by BSS.....oh that was an awesome episode....that fast blondie dude dies too fast by april...he was quiet cute....april dies!!!--that was shocking really at the very first episode....where did shion go????maybe hes goin to join an experimnetal facility or join forces maybe.... how come theres still rumours that contractors have no heart...they do actually...ex: april,hei..well lets keep others as etc.......and saw hei after so long...his eyes looked kind freaky at first....hei loooked depressed and alcoholic...he should fix himself quickly...cuz hes quiet..ahem....*shy*....
tanyas power is wierd and she removed her hair.....reminds me charles angels....that crazy dude...that was grotesque to watch....cant wait 4 next ep!!
Oct 9, 2009 4:23 PM
Jul 2009
im a little confused....how did rain kill that guy?
Oct 9, 2009 4:24 PM

Sep 2008
Xizel said:
The last remnant of November is now gone.
What about July?
Oct 9, 2009 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
ashkon77 said:

They fell at high speeds, so they became bullets.

But that begs the question:

1.) Why did it do nothing to her?

2.) Why doesn't she use it more often?
Oct 9, 2009 4:46 PM

Jul 2009
ashkon77 said:

I assume it was due to the rain and his speed, ultimately making those half frozen raindrops becomes like bullets when they collide with you at that speed.

Awesome start at the series, though I feel like I need to rewatch season one since it's very blurry atm =P
Oct 9, 2009 4:48 PM
Sep 2007
Eeeh, it was really wonderful 8D BONES never disappoints.

I'm worried, though, because there were a lot of holes from the first series; Ryuusei no Gemini has some huge shoes to fill!

And I'm a little irked by the fanservice >__>;; I don't remember there being so much in the first series. Like it's not overloading or anything, it's just that the small things that are unecessary.

And since when did BONES need fanservice in any series?
Oct 9, 2009 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
RaiMidori said:
And I'm a little irked by the fanservice >__>;; I don't remember there being so much in the first series. Like it's not overloading or anything, it's just that the small things that are unecessary.

I was pretty annoyed by it, too. It felt really out-of-place in this show.

BEGINNER
Oct 9, 2009 5:02 PM

Apr 2007
But naked Suou is awwwwwwriiiiiiiight.
Oct 9, 2009 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
Good start. I REALLY hope that wasn't Mao. Also, Yin is where?
Gar_LoganOct 9, 2009 5:16 PM
Oct 9, 2009 5:42 PM

Oct 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Good start. I REALLY hope that wasn't Mao. Also, Yin is where?

I thought Mao was dead.
Oct 9, 2009 5:55 PM

Feb 2009
I have only one thing to say:

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Amazing start, really hyped for next week's episode.
Oct 9, 2009 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
You can tell Shion is hiding the Sharingan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
kerobear said:
Tanya who can control bugs gets "captured" away. IN order to use her bug powers she needs to pull her hair off. ( nasty power)

Bet she's gonna be bald by the end of the series!
Oct 9, 2009 6:12 PM

Sep 2008
adamantine said:
RaiMidori said:

I was pretty annoyed by it, too. It felt really out-of-place in this show.
I viewed it as an added bonus.
Oct 9, 2009 6:25 PM
Jun 2008
OMG Suou is an awsome char n shell become a contractor right? or a fighter right?! =D
Oct 9, 2009 6:28 PM

Sep 2008
Speaking of Suou, does anyone know where I can find some gifs and/or avatars of her?
Oct 9, 2009 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
My God, Bones rocks. I couldn't have asked for a better first episode
Oct 9, 2009 6:47 PM
Apr 2009
Marxist said:
Great way off kick off a new season.

My only complaint was: No opening animation yet.

I have to agree with you on that...he seemed like he had no sleep or any form of rest for a while..other than that...the Episode was great
Oct 9, 2009 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
MM805 said:
But naked Suou is awwwwwwriiiiiiiight.

Wrong! Shy is Suou is awright also shy Tania. I think red in the face is done well.
RaiMidori said:
Eeeh, it was really wonderful 8D BONES never disappoints.

I'm worried, though, because there were a lot of holes from the first series; Ryuusei no Gemini has some huge shoes to fill!

Same thing the first season had little fanservice....it did not have any at beginning and so was fine.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 9, 2009 6:51 PM

Mar 2009
really enjoyed it and hei already killed two people one the girls father and then a pretty importsnt charcter in the first season and if he tries to help that girl how can he since he killed her father
Oct 9, 2009 7:39 PM
Mar 2009
Pretty damn good episode to kick off it's season. Suo seems like an interesting enough character, hopefully she can develop overtime, and Hei is back to being the ol Chinese Electric Batman we all love. I'm guessing quarrels between syndindicates will be the main plot line to this show along with the relationship between Suo and Hei. DTB2 seems very promising.
Oct 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Feb 2008
Daaaaaaaayum, there's deaths already. xD And I hope that cat wasn't Mao. Please. D: I'd be heartbroken...!

Aeterna said:
DtB2 is what I've been looking forward to most and it's not disappointing so far. I was pretty apprehensive about Suou, but she seems to be likeable enough.

But...dear Hei needs a good shave and a little bit of a trim D:

My thoughts exactly...Suou is all right so far, but the fanservice was no. :/ Anyways, everything's going great so far. :3
ScarletApplesOct 9, 2009 7:45 PM
Oct 9, 2009 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
YoshiBoshi said:
Speaking of Suou, does anyone know where I can find some gifs and/or avatars of her?
Here, I made it for the lulz

If you want it, I could make it 100x100 ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 7:56 PM

Sep 2008
Brilliant!! The show with my highest expectations this season absolutely delivered with its first ep. Looks like the plot will be interesting this time. Hei looks freaking badass, When a heard 'Male, Asian, and wears a mask' a big smile went on my face. I am sure Mao is fine, remember he can switch animal bodies. He probably went into a bird one. Did not expect April to die, was like 'oh shit'. Was an epic shot as well. I will like to see how the plot all connects up in the next few episodes. Glad they got into the serious part fast otherwise I am sure people would have been complaining.
Oct 9, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2009
August 7th looks awesome
and killing off April already was woah =0
Hei looks awesome
and i like the new characters Suou and Shion
this ties with Toaru Kagaku no Railgun for me :)
can't wait for the next episode
this ep was awesome :D

Oct 9, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2007
Bones is really stepping it up this year, that was one of the best first episodes I have ever seen (even though its for the second season). Too bad its going to be so short- I hope they dont rush the story along too much.
Oct 9, 2009 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
This series is off to a great start. Sucks that the super speed guy died though, I liked him.
Oct 9, 2009 8:29 PM
Jun 2009
OHH MY GAWDDD I'm so ecstaticc! I never even KNEW there was a 2nd season to this..well maybe >.>
I thought Hei and April were...non-enemies. What a big ass shocker. The previews at the end were pretty bomb too. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE.

Hei <3 needs to go to Supercuts :D
Oct 9, 2009 8:34 PM

Dec 2007
Antanaru said:
I have only few words to say. What the hell is this shit?! Another total disappointment?
Ditto.
Seriously, what in the hell was that? Let's just hope the following episodes don't follow suit and revert back to the style of season one. We are clearly in the minority though.

I, for one, was not expecting this drastic of a change. The more I dwell on this first episode, the more concerned I become about this new season. That classic "Darker than Black" feel is completely gone -- one major cause being the change in settings. Additionally, the new animation seems like a major downgrade when compared to season one. And also, the loss of Yoko Kanno's excellence is apparent, I can't see the music being very impressive this time around judging from what I've heard thus far (strange that they couldn't get Yoko Kanno this time around). And just an odd thing that I noticed throughout this entire episode: Nearly all of the scenes were extremely zoomed in (compared to the first season that is). I really enjoyed the "openness" of the first season, I am not liking this one bit.

This just doesn't feel like Darker than Black... The director is certainly talented, and presented the given material very well, but this type of show just isn't up my alley. Maybe I'm judging it too quickly though...But I really do want to see this new season succeed.
DunkyOct 9, 2009 8:37 PM
Oct 9, 2009 8:35 PM
Jun 2009
Oh! and about the manga..I took a glance at the manga and it looks quite different o.o
If I start reading it will I get confused? :/
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.