Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
meh .. I'm only watching this for tatsuya anyway, I don't even know the reason behind this competition ?! I liked the previous arc much more :x. Nice new OP btw, can't wait to see tatsuya vs that prince who I don't his name in next episode
Jul 12, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2010
Toaki90 said:
Kerozinn said:

i just love it when they speak in technical mumbo-jumbo for 14 fucking episodes and it goes in into my right ear and leaves through my left ear.

rarely a show has felt sooo pointless.
Is this sarcasm? Sorry I got confuse
Because it felt so honest

But seriously, Is it still bunch of lecture?
Because I've put it on hold since ep 11

absolutely honest here. nothing changed since ep11
Jul 12, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
OP change aside, tihis episode was friggin awesome. Finally OP main character (well, and the other 2) will kick some butt.

And Azusa thinking he may be in fact Taurus Silver just because of some random dude comment... Gotta be more careful, Shiba.
Jul 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
The new ED is great...Yeah, that was the only highlight of the episode.
Jul 14, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2010
These magical competitions are great, just like the ones shown previously
With the gamble syndication involved trying to fix the matches and the Third High competing it's interesting
New OP and ED, the first ones are more prefered by me though
Jul 14, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
Wow new OP and ED. Still nothing can beat dat Elisa x LiSA combo

Miyuki is op yo

Kinda saw Tatsuya being chosen to participate haha thats what he gets for being main character

though I didnt think he'd be coerced lol
Jul 15, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
lucidbrandon said:
Still nothing can beat dat Elisa x LiSA combo

Elisa was nice. LiSA is overrated tbh
Jul 17, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
We get to see the guys now, then?

Feel sorry for the victims. Not just the ones injured by the attack but the ones in the other school's team as well. After all, they're not trying to create these issues.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 17, 2014 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
well, I don't think this anime will be able to portray the novel in it's full glory, though I'm not saying the VN is a masterpiece either.

Tatsuya isn't a character thta does well in an anime, he's too emotionless (yeah right) and a lot of important nuances that made the novel enjoyable and Tatsuya likeable just can't be shown very well.

I'm honestly not sure if this show will get better; the next arc will have more action and might spice things up a bit but the overall quality isn't very impressing,
the characters seem a bit flat :/
Aug 24, 2014 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
new op and ed aren't bad
Not much action this past few episodes
Looks like we may have a new antagonist maybe >.>
SHIT needs to hit the fan it's def building up into something
[/quote]
Nov 2, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
new OP is even more wincestuous, love it. Miyuki is so beautiful there <3
Honoka is still a cheater, once a cheater always a cheater lol
Dec 2, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode! Looking forward to see what's next!
Jan 8, 2015 1:44 AM

Jan 2013
The action parts were good, but it still suffers since they were small.
Also, the male competition looks more interesting, good thing that we are going to watch it next.
didn't like the new OP & ED.
Feb 3, 2015 11:13 AM

May 2014
I like the new OP and ED, especially the ED.

Badass battle incoming! :D
Feb 10, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
The first and true debut for the trio is about to begin. Fufufu.
This is one part of the Nine Schools Competition I look forward to the most.
Funny how compared to the light novel Tatsuya's attitude in the anime is quite refreshing actually.
Miyuki vs Shizuka wasn't that exciting though.. Shizuka was stronger in the light novel.
They didn't adapt the make up scene with Miyuki after the match either.
Apr 19, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUf1NoPK-8Q&list=RDhUf1NoPK-8Q 2nd intro ...i like it better than the first easily. Well for starters as I wont do many comments on this show, I will simply say this show DOES infact do a great job of forecasting, if you will, the technologically possible ways ' magic' could be harnessed and used. With fair explanation that, though seemingly high brow, is still easy to understand. Aside from the sketc bro sis thing...and the obvious plot that unfolds like tic tac toe which even a toddler could foresee, its not at all bad. I forecast this show being an easy 8 /10 if it doesnt fork it up. yay lol
May 16, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
dropped this series at 13, resuming because of erika
May 31, 2015 1:15 AM

Apr 2014
Finally, things are starting to become interesting again. The past few episodes have made me contemplate dropping the show. So much for Tatsuya's attempt at maintaining a low profile while helping his school to victory. How much of his combat prowess will he reveal in the competition? I'm also curious to see the dynamics between him, Miki, and Leo, and what the Crimson Prince and his prodigy partner have to offer against them.
Jul 11, 2015 10:30 AM

May 2015
Oooh, looks like MC is getting involved. Excited.
Jul 11, 2015 10:33 AM

May 2015
Emiko_ said:
meh .. I'm only watching this for tatsuya anyway, I don't even know the reason behind this competition ?! I liked the previous arc much more :x. Nice new OP btw, can't wait to see tatsuya vs that prince who I don't his name in next episode
What do you mean by 'reason behind the competition'? It's a tournament in which schools scrimmage against one another. Not too hard to comprehend.
Aug 4, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2015
Tatsuya being Taurus is really cool. <3 <3
Aug 16, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2012
time for suzaku and boy george to find out that tatsuya is both of them combined
x10

Mar 9, 2016 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
Ohh gonna be cool to see how hard Tatsuya will wreck the enemy.
Jun 6, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2015
The new OP and ED are awesome. A-chan finally realised that Tatsuya is Silver, I wonder what she'll do now
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 9, 2016 8:38 PM

Jul 2013
The new OP and ED are nice, even if I liked the first ED a lot more. :)

This episode was also good. The conversation between Tatsuya, Masaki, George and Miyuki was interesting to see/hear.

I really love these competitions between the schools. Amazing in how much different ways they use magic for their strategy. Poor Shizuku had absolute no chance against Miyuki, especially to see her after the pillars break finale :(

And again an "attack" right before monolith code of the boys begun. After that I knew Mayumi would ask him for beeing the replacement. What I didn't expect but really liked to see was when Juumonji persuade Tatsuya to join the monolith code team. The way he did was absolute awesome and I also think he's the only who could have done this, because Tatsuya has a lot of respect for him :P

Looking forward to see Tatsuya in action vs Masaki and George :>

Jul 19, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
Wow the Prince and the Cardinal, such grand titles you want to utterly destroy so that you can wipe that confidential smug on their faces. Bwahahaha!

Juumonji using the "duty" card to compel Tatsuya's consent. "Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather." eh?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 19, 2016 5:54 AM

Dec 2014
yes finally what I have been waiting for.... tatsuya finally joins the race
Dec 5, 2016 11:57 PM

Sep 2015
Time for our bro Tatsuya to prove his skills!
Apr 19, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2015
I WANT TO SEE SOME BLOOD! GIMME BLOOD!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 5, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2016
Toaki90 said:
Up to this episode, is it still series of lectures about how magic works?
Sadly most of us are not the type to drop shows unless it's really bad.
Aug 15, 2018 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
He doesn't even need those two fools, he can just crash the whole world by himself after all.
May 23, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
I really wish they would stop pushing stuff on him. He doesn't want to compete, so let him be. There's no reason for him to compete other than Saegusa and the others don't want to lose now. Tatsuya barely wanted to be at the competition in the first place. It's literally bringing unnecessary attention to him and that is the exact opposite of what he wanted when joining this school.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Aug 3, 2020 11:10 PM

Aug 2017
Oh new OP, it will take time to get used to.

More sabotages and now it became clear to me that that terrorist organization abroad is behind all this. Tatsuya in the end is going to participate against the Crimson Prince and the genius dude, I am interested to see how it develops! Another interesting point is that Azusa deduced Taurus Silver's true identity, I wonder how this will affect in the future.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2020 2:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The competition at each number for the girls beginner kinda too easy for them to be the victory. Yeah, most of them thankfully because of Tatsuya settings. The feeling was fine. Still, the scenes of their match might became more epic if they picked up more better direction than that. Yeah, its kinda predictable with the one sided match than i found it kinda boring. Shizuku against Miyuki at final had a better moments there. However, its still lacking some good momentum, and the sadness of Shizuku kinda forced to me. Oh, well. Lets continued.

Meanwhile, the boys beginner get wiped out at every numbers of the match, created their beginners position decreasing at the second positions. The last number at the Monolith Code kinda important to the student council for the sake of their own honour, eventhough their overall points of the First School already signed in that they were in the first position. Tatsuya faced the dilemma there, knewing the fact that his identity, sooner or later can be uncovered. Even Acchan already smelled a good sign of the most person that she admired. Lol.

Lets see how well he solved the request from the student council. Because i found it pretty intrigueing and funny at the same time, to knewing his decision toward the huge scheme from everyone might led some big change of his peaceful day as a high schooler.
badabassOct 6, 2020 2:59 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2020 10:02 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, I knew they were going to find some reason to weasel Tatsuya into fighting the two Third High guys.

I'm very interested to see how strong seemingly-overpowered Third High guys are (also, how did a 13 year-old legally get into a war?); however, it's Tatsuya. He'll find some way to win-- it's his show, after all.

Azusa's realization that Silver is Tatsuya was pretty dumb. The guys at the sidelines were obviously exaggerating, but she took it to heart and made some pretty lengthy connections. Yes, she's all shocked and everything, but what would the realization change? Literally nothing. Tatsuya's still a genius whether he has the alias 'Silver' or not.

There's a lot less "onii-sama" time, which I really appreciate. It seems that Miyuki is starting to get a hold over her emotions, since there's no more freezing whenever girls start doting on Tatsuya.

I'm interested mostly in the strategies Tatsuya will have to make to secure the win with two underpowered teammates.
Jan 26, 2022 11:10 PM
Oct 2019
and what's the second reason? "their abilities," he said with a smirk

haha. good way to end the episode. looking forward to this monolith thingy match game next episode. please don't disappoint me like this entire competition arc has disappointed me

oh, and acchan figuring out he's that silver guy was great. her head was about to explode
Apr 8, 2022 3:45 PM

Mar 2019
Still don't feel bad for that kid, but I loved the dialogue at the end. Especially how Tatsuya's answer wasn't just "yes". He told them that there will be consequences, but Juumonji is so amazing, his answer was a simple "I don't care" but with a lot of seriousity, loved that a lot. And then how he immediately accepted Tatsuya's choices despite what Mayumi was about to say. This match is going to be amazing, really glad it finally picked up!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 19, 2023 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
Honoka's strategy during the board match was excellent!
The new ED sounds and looks good! Miyuki is so beautiful!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

456 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 16, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.