Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Aug 9, 2014 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
vongola-undecimo said:
bastek66 said:

What do you mean?

did'nt you see how they reacted to that missile,they're lifeless...........the protag is more robotic than the mechs they'll be fighting

err, except Inaho saying calm, all of them react right after that scene.
Are you sure you did watch the episode?
Aug 9, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
Nice first episode. I started viewing this today, and the story sucked me right in.
Aug 23, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
Kinda poverty first ep, but it was a'ight. I feel like this is going to get pretty intense pretty quickly.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 24, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2013
Dat OST. Dem explosions.

Hmm, intense start. I can't wait for background stories to help us know characters.
I mean Slaine is interesting and so is Princess Asseylum, who I think isn't dead yet.
Also, I want to know more about Inaho, who's pretty calm and enjoys egg sales.

A war between Earth and Mars begins again. I think Mars set this up.
Earth is pretty screwed so far. Just look at New Orleans!
Can't wait for the mech fights!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 28, 2014 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
Very Gundam like setting, that wasn't the real princess in the car obviously.
The OST has Sawano written all over it ^_^
Sep 2, 2014 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty cool, shallow at some points, that ending with the kids making a wish was lame, but great music.

Also calling it: princess is alive through magic powers. Otherwise it was fucking stupid to step out the car with only one missile left and the car still intact. (She didn't know it was the last but so what?)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2014 8:18 AM

Jun 2011
I laughed when the kid wished for world's peace.

The music during the landing feels a lot like Kill la Kill's.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 15, 2014 3:55 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

For now, the start of A / Z, is the best introduction, among the anime who might win the prize for summer series more interesting.
The potential is there, from all points of view, Character Design is good, but personally I do not like very much.
The OST is appropriate to the subject, I hope not last only 12 episodes, would be a bit too short.
For now, my vote is 7/10!
Sep 21, 2014 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
kaykenner54 said:
I been waiting for this to come and I have to say, it did meet my expectations. It does come off as your regular mecha anime but I have a feeling there will be more to it seeing as Gen Urobuchi is involved with it.

But I have to say the part where they totally destroyed New Orleans had to be my favorite part of the whole episode, Especially because I live in New Orleans!

[Puts his Confederate Army Calvary hat]

YOU WANT NEW ORLEANS, YOU'LL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT, YOU MARTIAN SONS O BITCHES!

[Watches in horror as COLONY DROP in Lake Pontchartrain, office towers on Poydras Street getting the glass sucked off, Bourbon Street firestorm, and people getting vaporized on the Crescent City Connection]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm not from New Orleans, but i'm from South Louisiana and i have been to all those places, so my pride was a bit wounded! If i was on US 90, though, i'd have jumped in the river, the last crawfish boat to Nope Ville!
Sep 23, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
At the start of the series, I thought it was boring then things started heating up and I like the sound tracks being put in to action

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Sep 25, 2014 3:34 AM

Jun 2008
I admit this was great for me. I like it a lot. I only hope it would keep a correct course.
I guess the two guys where working for those Martian lords since they seem to want the war more than anyone.

SolviteSekai said:
valvrave the liberator third season

It didn't seem so to me. Saw none of the crazy silliness of that until now and i hope it won't come down to that.

Grunbeld said:

Also calling it: princess is alive through magic powers. Otherwise it was fucking stupid to step out the car with only one missile left and the car still intact. (She didn't know it was the last but so what?)

What are you talking about? I she's alive is probably because she stepped out of the car since the last missile destroyed the car. The car was bulletproof not missile proof.
Even a tank isn't missile proof, how the hell would staying in the car save her?

MrNTR said:
I sense NTR, or rather, Netori.

Anyways, if the Martians are so technological superior, why didn't they just conquer the Earthlings long ago? A reason for aggression? You only need a reason if there are diplomatic repercussions with other foreign countries. The princess's "death" was most likely set up by the Martian leaders so they can have an excuse to attack Earth but, like I said, why did they even need an excuse? They all wanted to attack anyways so just do it.

They needed a reason because of other parts of Martian politics not thinking it was the right way. So basically i think they needed an excuse against the naysayers inside their own camp(like the princess for example). Now if one of them objects they will just tell him "how dare you, they killed our princess" etc.
MonadSep 25, 2014 3:45 AM
Sep 27, 2014 12:48 PM
Mar 2013
Did noone say something about that ending OST? I was about to drop this anime from boredom until the MC showed how badass he'll be and the OST near the end made me cry at how amazing it got so suddenly, so 2/5 for the first half of the episode and 5/5 for the last 10 minutes or so.
Sep 27, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Monad said:
SolviteSekai said:
valvrave the liberator third season

It didn't seem so to me. Saw none of the crazy silliness of that until now and i hope it won't come down to that.

It wasn't. Valvrave is way more enjoyable. If someone wants another Valvrave, go for Captain Earth or m3.
Sep 28, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
This was absolutely amazing for the first episode. Kalafina ED? Awesome. Animation is also looking really good.

The people from Mars really seem to hate Terrans. Damn, I was surprised that they'd kill of the princess, but they might not have killed her off (might be an upcoming plot twist). So far this is amazing. Really goooooood.
Sep 29, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
what the fucking fuck is wrong with anime these days? why make two protagonists? fucking shit! First Zetsuen no Tempest then Zankyou no Terror and now this? I can't support two dudes at the same time man especially if they're on the opposite sides. anyway I'm all for that emotionless kid from Earth. He may seem boring but at least he won't annoy me... hopefully.

dat OST near the end... KLK? damn that was powerful.
Sep 30, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
Considering that im not a fan of Mecha at all for the most part, this was a pretty decent start i believe :)
Oct 9, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2014
It seems pretty interesting. Let's see what's next..
Oct 16, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2011
ToG25thBaam said:

I cried at that scene...

Aozure said:

Plus, it was obvious that the Martian royal military orchestrated the whole thing, creating an excuse for them to start the war.
Oct 20, 2014 8:10 AM
May 2012
Looking good so far, ey.
Sawano OSTs~ I can't help but think of Attack on Titan.
Nah, both sides want war. So, let them fucking kill each other, but what about the innocent people like that kid wishing for universal peace :'(
Looks like there will be 2 love interest. I kinda prefer that dude who got bitch slapped by that fucking bastard.
Well, let's see what will happen.
Nov 4, 2014 11:12 AM
Nov 2013
Looks like gonna be fun watching this ANIME
Story looks Interesting and start gave me a good impact
High hopes for this anime now although Mecha is my most hated genres
Nov 4, 2014 11:15 AM
Nov 2013
raidenwarrior said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I cried at that scene...

Aozure said:

Plus, it was obvious that the Martian royal military orchestrated the whole thing, creating an excuse for them to start the war.

And i was bit shock at that Scene when they said world Peace but actually it's alien invasion they should have asked galaxy peace XD
Nov 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2009
Well that escalated very quickly, Holy mother of god.
Nov 28, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent start, it was pretty obvious that they wanted to start a war framing the attack on the princess on Earth but well let's see what's next!
Jan 3, 2015 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
I'm interested.....keep it coming.
Jan 3, 2015 9:31 PM

Aug 2010
Sadly, when i watch a show, i cannot shelve my logic.

It happen in 2014 on Earth. Moon landing happened 50~ years ago. So in 50 years top, thank to some 30 000 years old techs, the martians colonist somehow mastered that new techs, forsake all democracy and civil liberty for a monarchic system and see themselves as a new superior specie...?

Not to forget that i doubt humanity is united at all, so a martian envoy get bombed on the road by a terrorist like attack. It's the fault of all Terran as a whole and certainly not some random guys?

And Vers empire? What empire? You can't call a single country (or planet in solar system level) an empire. An empire is several formerly independents countries ruled by a single one but that are not integrated/assimilated (the Soviet Union or the Empire in star wars).

Lets hope the show is good enough to make me look past that.
Jan 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2013
Maal said:

Oh boy, you are going to love this show. Please, please stick with it 'til the end.
Jan 14, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Finally got around to start watching this show!

The ending was insane! New Orleans was blown up! Craziness...

My favorite part of this episode was when the first missile was shot, Inaho said a missile was coming in the most calming, I really don't give a fuck way! A missile was coming out of the fucking sky dude!!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jan 15, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
fst said:
Maal said:

Oh boy, you are going to love this show. Please, please stick with it 'til the end.

I fully agree with you, GodSlaine, has a master plan, will ask Goku the Dragon Balls to resurrect all the Terrans he killed in the last 19 meses.Também agree that godSlaine, which acts on behalf of godSlaine with killing, genocide, destruction apple and mistakes are forgiven.
I also agree when you say that the great physical knowledge, as the sky is blue, is something that only a God knows.
It has a map with Asia, the rest of the planet has already been taken by Martians, Inaho returned to Deucalion, after 19 months, plus he woke before this, you do not see the estrevista of va on the show, about a boy who was fighting, by asia.
How many criminals in jail, would like to be godSlaine, the man who has all faults, crimes and sins forgiven.

waterfallsxo said:
Finally got around to start watching this show!

The ending was insane! New Orleans was blown up! Craziness...

My favorite part of this episode was when the first missile was shot, Inaho said a missile was coming in the most calming, I really don't give a fuck way! A missile was coming out of the fucking sky dude!!

I noticed also, in the scene where Slaine visit the princess in the tube, he is happy, with no sign of remorse or regret for their mistakes, and when he kills those four Terrans still speaks what is on behalf of the happy princess, who is in coma is against it, and even after the maid loli, tell him hows earthlings helped both used as the princess, continues to kill earthlings.
I also noticed that he accused Inaho and the Terrans, they are using the princess, and now Saazbaum and Slaine estam using princess image in a coma, divugar to war and kill people.
I agree Slaile says one thing and does another.
Face 19 months have passed, and Slaine the king of physics, that fanboy say comes with a master plan still has not learned why the sky is blue.
Also very real your background history, the fa fairy tale, The rocket that fell in the bathroom of the princess, inclussive was pulblicado the Recovery Red Riding Hood.
Without forgetting the famo yaoi torture scene with the whip in one of the most ridiculous torture, has no blood or istrumentos of torture, and the Martians killed thousands of Earthlings, and almost destroyed the whole earth.
Clearly to please fans of yaoi and women, Ladies the face of the script did Boku hentai in Piko, war on face is the first time I see a torture with a whip
Jan 15, 2015 10:03 PM

Jan 2015
The Martians, use super Robots, and claim to have superior technology.
And make a ridiculous scene of torture that with a whip, clearly idea who wrote the script, KatsuhikoTakayama, The creator of hentai, Boku-no-piko, clearly to attract a public fan of yaoi and women, who do you think foia the idea that the servant of Slaine was a man.
Face the rocket scene and the whip, the most ridiculous is that I've watched in a mecha anime
Jan 17, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
It’s kind of slow and I expected the art to be a little better but the story is interesting; it kind of reminds me of a book called Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I hope it becomes better though.
Jan 19, 2015 4:15 PM

Dec 2009
I wish for world peace, yeah right kid. This is the start of war.
Jan 20, 2015 12:14 AM

Jan 2012
calling it now..

that princess is still alive and the one in the car was a fake

she'll team up with the earth dude on the ship and the main student guy with no emotion

and take out or convert all knights from mars to make peace while eradicating dem terroriest

the end...

hopfully it's not that simple or it's gonna be another waste of time show... too many of those popping up nowadays.. sigh
Jan 24, 2015 10:35 PM

Sep 2009
Sorry to say this but, altho it seems rather intriguing in some points, its nothing that great nor that good of a promise... Not to even talk the completely unrealistic scenario or the technology and metamaterial standpoint of view of this...

Spoiler: They should have died along with the Terrans in that impact :V

Also for those who know this HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) for this episode:

Alternate HISHE:

Srsly... I spent my time playing Civ Beyond Earth and by turn 500 I had already won 3 times with unlimited resources, teleporting units and Siege Worms trembling at my Titans, mauahahha! (won the Transcendence, Contact and Dominance, in that order)

TLDR: Foolish Versanity are foolish, they see a blue planet and they want it for themselves, even if its completely sh*t at the moment, instead of molding their own planet into something that surpass earth itself...
MXMachJan 24, 2015 10:38 PM

Made by me xD

Feb 8, 2015 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm , Started watching this , i think i like it although im not big fan of mecha.

I Think i will like it

People speak Japanese in New Orleans.. :l
Feb 9, 2015 4:22 PM
Jul 2014
R-OrioN said:
Hmm , Started watching this , i think i like it although im not big fan of mecha.

I Think i will like it

People speak Japanese in New Orleans.. :l

Jaja, details ;D
Feb 12, 2015 7:01 AM
Mar 2014
Woah i realy liked the OST, the art is beautifful aswel.

New Orleans got rekt hard.
Feb 14, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
War from the first episode, this is interesting~ The music is good, I like it!
Feb 21, 2015 10:54 PM
Dec 2014
really nice first episode. i like how the people in new orleans were speaking japanese, haha. i'm looking forward to watching this series.
Apr 18, 2015 7:06 PM

Nov 2010
"I don't think that we should be here right now."
/what face
OH SHI-------------

AH HA HA HA. I really enjoyed it. I don't think that I was getting into the series until that moment happened.

Sooo... Correct me if I'm wrong but the story is going towards Earth versus Mars?
Also, New Orleans, U.S.A., the people there speak Japanese?!
I mean, that's cool.

Okay... I really like the music.

Onto the next episode.``
Apr 25, 2015 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
I really liked this start, pretty impactful (as I would hope). Also was looking forward to the soundtracks, wasn't disappointed.
Yasu-kunApr 25, 2015 3:00 PM

May 1, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2014
Holy shit, that ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2015 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Love the OST.<3
Aug 11, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
I'd heard good things about this show, and i can say I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED.
That CGI from the start was freaking awesome.
Then comes that MOTHERF**KING OST. MY MIND WAS H-BOMBED!
Honestly, this is the first anime in a while that got me hooked from the start. I think the last one was Sousei no Aquarion (I guess i have a weakness for mecha anime.)
Dec 21, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
Good 1st episode...or should I say 2nd half. Dat OST tho.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 18, 2016 8:17 PM

Nov 2015
please! someone link me to where i can watch this for free in sub. i cant find anything
Feb 29, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
RIP America....

Good start but waiting to see how it develops..
Jun 14, 2016 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
rinneganfire4u said:
RIP America....

Good start but waiting to see how it develops..

Trump was elected so maybe he just didn't tell people they are about to die.
Aug 12, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2015

I'm already liking this.
Very good animation, very good sound effects, very good music, a first sight of a good plot... what else do I want?
There's already a conspiracy in the first episode.

I'll have to watch more to elaborate a better comment but again, so far, I really like what I watched with the first episode.

Kalafina = budget so, Hiroyuki Sawano = more budget. I expect nothing less that goodness! jeje. Oh, that castle just vaporized USA.. damn!!
Aug 17, 2016 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
once again... Japan is to be blame for Many other States in crisis...Really Wtf This story is not Original I know. It seems so like Martian Successor Nadesico... What's Next? A Real Robot like Black Serena charge In out of nowhere to Enact Vergence?
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 6, 2016 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
LOL the MC dude literally gave no fks.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.