Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Aug 2, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2008
A bit underwhelmed, it was an okay episode I guess. The character design, I'm not a fan of. I'm completely open to modernizing the style, but I feel like the design is more tailored for children's anime than anything. The opening was pretty good, and the ending was alright. Some voices really aren't quite what I'd prefer, but I guess that's what you get with a remake of your favorite series. Anyway, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised in the following episodes.
ZombieheroAug 3, 2014 6:50 AM
Aug 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
I hated it tbh. I actually loved Sailor Moon for its horror (not kidding) and the originals were scary as hell lol.
Aug 4, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2013
Very glad this is back, I really enjoyed this! Very nostalgic, I used to watch this show 15 years ago so I'm so glad that I have the chance to be watching it now. I enjoyed the opening theme song and the OST that played when Sailor Moon did the moon tiara attack (or whatever it's called). Either way, I enjoyed it and I can't wait to watch more episodes. I'm very pleased with this show so far. I love Sailor Moon!

Aug 8, 2014 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
Not sure seemed kinda average. Mostly the same to me. The OP and ED was quite improved. ED Mostly. Original OP's (All of them US/JP) Were all good too though. The main part of the show in a way did seem downgraded graphically. While others parts a bit newer. Not exactly better. The music is better than the JP version.

You can tell the similarities to Smile Precure. A lot. I've seen a lot of other Precure's but the music is so similar to Smile's.

Not as bad as I thought it would be but not too sure what the point of this was yet either. Not too different so far.
Sep 16, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
Remake is here? Ow man have to watch this.

(Watching).....Oh Usagi...still same as ever. XD I heard that this remake will follow Manga more closely. That is OK, tough honest I liked Original Anime more than Manga, =p and so this Remake hs some serious expectations to defeat to overcome my fond Memories of childhood when first Anime was showed in TV. (and Yes, Sailor Moon is so famous that first Anime was shown even in Scandinavia)

Opening...is OK, but still like First Animes OP MORE!!! XD CG of this new Anime, well when they are attacking it looks awesome, but other wise....Meh. Overall, OK /Good start of the Remake, but still wasy to go to defeat first series.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 16, 2014 11:33 PM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah finally it came. The OP song was pretty good imo but I'm not used to the transformation scene yet.

Good to see Usagi back though of course :>
I think I spotted Tuxedo in a silhouette scene in the beginning. Nice. I notice how clumsy Usagi is already and her childish personality is pretty cute. Really awesome OST so far as well. I noticed they didn't waste time introducing Tuexdo Mask either. Cool.

IN THE NAME OF MOON, I'll PUNISH YOU. Ah, that line is so classic.

Yes...that line was...what a fond Memories of the Childhood it brought back
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 12, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
I don't like Usagi or this series' CGI. Usagi has never been my favorite anime character. She's wack, she's twisted and she wins her battles with asspulls.
Apr 23, 2017 4:06 PM
Apr 2017
(Spoilers and fangirling, by the way)
I definitely fell in love with the episode! How it's animated, especially at the transformation, (an unpopular opinion though...) some of the scenes were awesome, especially in Usagi's first battle, some of the things around here remind me of myself, and best of all, the opening and ending was great! One of the best episodes ever, I absolutely recommend it!
Feb 12, 2018 7:25 AM
Jan 2017
This was good, I really liked the HD quality and sleeker artstyle, but the original dub still feels better than this to me.
Feb 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Sep 2018
This is SO CORNY! hahahah it's corny but tolerable, you know classic anime is still the best even if it's not good.. because they started it all.. they are the first who make a concept that so popular now.. I watch it to reminisce my childhood, I was not able to finished the original Sailormoon, so I watched this reboot version (cause it's more faithful to manga) the fighting scene is so funny! haahah just one beat, they already defeated.. and the transformation thing, it takes so much time and enemy can attack them but they did not :D Usagi is such a crybaby! so funny to know that her power is just crying :D and the love story is so cringe hahhaha
It's not good but I still watch it.. hahaha nostalgia hits me.. whatever, corny or not.. i still love classic anime :D
Feb 2, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2010
While i prefer the older sailor moon series style, i do think tuxedo mask is looking hotter tho. Japanese voice actress of SM was painful for my ears tho... maybe the first time ever i prefer a dub ><

Im a bit mixed. Usagi her mom looks prettier here too but sailor moon herself looks a bit odd dunno...

Oh well overall pretty much the feels i had as a kid and fond memories and not too bad, just a bit rushed
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 PM
Jul 2020
The first episode literally followed the first chapter of the manga COMPLETELY. I know this thread is a million years old but this first episode was perfect. Perhaps people weren’t used to it at the time when this first came out, especially to those who never read the manga. The pacing was just fine, since in the manga everything was fast paced anyway. Everything is straight to the point. No fillers as of yet lmao
Feb 22, 2022 5:45 AM

Aug 2021
Oh, forgive me but the design didn't appeal to me at all.
Aug 27, 2022 9:22 AM
Dec 2015
Old style, but still ok for me.
Oct 26, 2023 10:58 AM
May 2023
It's romantic and it's so good!
Nov 8, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2023
Watching after Sailor Moon (90's), so maybe spoilers:

It is very similar to the original serie, not the best cgi but to me it's ignorable. The Sailor Moon's presentation is the same, iconic, but after the 90's series it feel's very nostalgic and emotional (especifically because the last episode). Focusing this series alone, it's a nice quick catch, but I think this is more destinated to 90's fans that already know some details, in that way, this may be a show to watch twice, but this is just a first episode, let's see how do they aboard the trama.
Dec 17, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
I hate that they added eyelashes n lipstic on our precious characters 😑
Do they think it will looks more beautiful? How stupid 👎 I dislike this kind of idea..

I liked n prefer the old version better..

The only nice we got here is the Voice Actor is still the same!!
OMG 😱😱😱

Bcz of this added "eyelashes" N "lipstic", I didn't think it is worth to rewatch the whole series on a new version..
Even the story 90% mostly the same..
If I ever want to rewatch this anime once again, I will absolutely choose the older version..

I am gonna skip this sh*t, even thou I ❤ sailor moon series..

Uh... Oh..
N they also change the "Legend Opening" 😑👎

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.