Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, flashback with a rivalry. Well, I think some people might think that's not Madara but it is. He looks quite different as he is now.

Anyways, the episode had some humorous and of course the more grimmer moments like with the war going on. Quite a balance there. Poor Madara and his parents ;_; and to think rock skipping would be so important between two friends.
Stark700Jul 3, 2014 4:24 AM
Jul 3, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
Man, Hashi's 7 year old brother being killed coupled with some domestic violence. Hashirama had it rough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah the symbolism behind the rock skipping scene is great and how its incorporated into the story and ultimately there battle at the valley of the end.

This episode was pretty cool, though i think the pacing has moved down a tad which is not a bad thing. I wouldn't want them to rush through these critical historical moments.

Though correct me if im wrong but did the studio really get rid of the scene behind the Origins of the hidden leaf village, where hashirama comes up with the name or is that later? If the studio got rid of that critical moment, with the hole in the leaf, man ill be pissed.

Jul 3, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode.
Lol dem humorous moments.
Feels nice and slow this episode which is good :D
Especially for episodes like these
Itama :(
And Madara having lost 3 of his siblings too..
Jul 3, 2014 4:53 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A flashback episode for once. Not bad!

Hashirama & Madara could've been best friends, if not enemies due to the clash of their respective clans.

The rock skipping part served as an analogy to their friendship and rivalry. Nicely presented.

Anyone noticed Itama's hair? Zetsu of the Senju clan!

Jul 3, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
if I'm not mistaken the one who come up with the name of Konoha is Madara, and the one who came up with the name of Hokage is Hashirama.
anyway, good episode, though still doesn't cover up all the 2 week waiting.
Jul 3, 2014 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
We waited two weeks for that?... Looks like this will be another extended flashback.
lol'd when their last meeting ended with "lets exchange pet rocks"
Jul 3, 2014 6:08 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode, I loved the flashback. We got more information about Madara's and Hashirama's personality. I liked the way their friendship was presented, and how both of them had a similar vision.

Also, I think the pace is a little slower, which is a nice thing. The flashback episodes will be better if they are not rushed.
It was very sad though how they used to be good friends and they ended up rivals..
The rock-skipping scene and the scene where they sat while gazing and thinking about the future were very nice.
Jul 3, 2014 6:12 AM
Oct 2012
The new ED is disappointing..
Ghostaras21Jul 3, 2014 6:18 AM
Jul 3, 2014 7:17 AM
Mar 2013
I had been expecting them to continue the battle but I'm pleasantly surprised how it turned out.

My favorite part of the episode was when Hashi told Madara about his plan to build Konoha. He planned everything; the training schools, hierarchy of shinobi, even mission allocation. His foresight is something to behold.

Seeing Hashirama's family and getting a small glimpse of the warring states period was intriguing. Next episode will go further into detail and judging by the preview it's something to look forward to.

The new ED sucks though. It's probably one of the worst ones in Shippuden in my opinion.
Jul 3, 2014 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
It was nice to see more back story for Hashirama and Madara, the new ending is not too bad either.
Jul 3, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like they sped up the pace... not too bad.

Can't believe we have a new ED too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2013
That was a nice flashback :)
Jul 3, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
They explaing Madara's origins yet it feel like another filler.
Jul 3, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Nicely done episode with symbolism and all. Never thought I'd say this, but I'd like the previous ED back...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 3, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
Really liked the episode. Had some nice bits in it and the cycle of hate could've ended right then and there if not for the family's of Hashi and Madara.

I always wondered how Hashi came up with the idea of Konoha etc, so liked the fact that they also incorporated that in this episode.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds that darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Jul 3, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2007
Zalyeos said:
Really liked the episode. Had some nice bits in it and the cycle of hate could've ended right then and there if not for the family's of Hashi and Madara.

I always wondered how Hashi came up with the idea of Konoha etc, so liked the fact that they also incorporated that in this episode.

Actually it has not quite been explained yet.
ArtimesGamerJul 3, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 3, 2014 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
Sure, slow down for the flashbacks and not the good bits -.-
Jul 3, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Very nice episode. I already like this flashback, time went by so fast. And I'm even more excited for the next episode, judging from the preview, the next one will have great animation, and clean art. 4/5

I don't know how I feel about the new ED, I'm not a fan of the beginning of the song, but it will probably grow on me.
Jul 3, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
I don't see how this ending theme song could ever grow on me. This is like not even fcking music accept the last parts of it. Just lyrics with no tune.

Jul 3, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Great flashback! Hopefully they won't drag it out longer than needed.

New ED is horrible.
Jul 3, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
What a horrible ED
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Jul 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
This episode deserves a 5/5
Although it covered less than 2 chapters, I don't mind seeing the episode being extended with the addition of filler scenes. Hashirama's relationship with Madara was portrayed well in this episode. You can already see they were destined to be friends the moment they met. They were laughing, smiling and training with each other. I like how they, the animators, added more comic relief scenes to convey the strength of their bond more easily. Watching this part of the manga, made me realise how it's such a shame that things didn't turn out as Hashirama and Madara had wish for. They both shared the same ideals and wanted to do something about the conflicts/wars that they and everyone are a part of. Man, it really was emotional listening to the two discussing about peace and stability. I felt sorry for the two who had to endure so much as children (with their loss of their siblings). That's why Hashirama and Madara went along well with each other. They experienced the same kind of pain and it is this feeling that allows them to understand and connect more with each other. Seriously, this flashback is definitely one of my favourite ones of all time as it perfectly demonstrates what a shinobi's life is like.
The ED well... Only the last parts were enjoyable
Sorta have a thing against most japanese rappers.
To be honest most of them suck!
Loved this scenery in the ED
Kazi9Jul 4, 2014 8:06 AM
Jul 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
I like the new ending. :P
Jul 3, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2014
madara is amazing in this flashback, looks just like sasuke in terms of personality
Jul 3, 2014 12:24 PM

Mar 2014
That was a good episode - can't wait for next week!
Jul 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
Lol little Hashirama with that hair lol.

New ED is pretty weak tho.
Jul 3, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode! New ending is nice, but the last one was better though. 7/10.
Jul 3, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
Flamingo_Power said:
That was a good episode - can't wait for next week!

I don't really see it.

Their fundamentals are pretty different, and so is their personalities. If anything he reminds me, just a tiny bit of Naruto is some vague similarities.
Jul 3, 2014 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
I thought Hashirama and Madara was hilarious
Jul 3, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeSage18 said:
I thought Hashirama and Madara was hilarious

They really were though. Every moment between them just seemed so right and they truly would have been close friends. But due to family rivalry they will be broken apart.

I really enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would. I'm not bothered at all by the fact that we are having more flashbacks. I want to know the history in Naruto and I feel it adds more depth to the story although some people will argue that it doesn't. Personally, I want to know what happened in the past that resulted to how things are in the present. This is wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens next. Such an interesting story.

Jul 3, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
I think
http://media.tumblr.com/6f48853d2d811f58ee0b96b28a368bc5/tumblr_inline_mjqinc3lAj1qz4rgp.png
sums up everything perfectly
Jul 3, 2014 5:08 PM
Dec 2013
Prefer the previous ED song, Great episode, did it better than in the manga.

[size=25]Needs more NaruSaku openings/endings jussayin'
Jul 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
At first i thought they cut out a segment during the portion where Hashirama and Madara were discussing there plans of building konohagure. But it looks like that part hasn't come yet, it will be in the next episode though.

Thank god, if they cut that part out, i would rage, manga readers know what im taking bout.

Jul 3, 2014 5:58 PM
Dec 2013
SlushyCoffee said:
Is this episode filler?
Nope, It's in the manga.
Jul 3, 2014 7:57 PM

Jul 2010
It was sweet.
Liking the flashback better in the anime than the manga.

Next week, gonna get those feels with the rocks.
I miss the ED from a while back. The one with the Gedo Statue and Obito and the "Wakatendayo~" thing. That was haunting.

DarkMorpher said:
There was a major revealer in this episode, though many people probably never gave it a second thought.

Enlighten me, please? Use a spoiler if necessary...
fishergirl16Jul 3, 2014 8:00 PM
Jul 3, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
SlushyCoffee said:
fishergirl16 said:

Enlighten me, please? Use a spoiler if necessary...

Same. But please tell us if it's a big important spoiler we should avoid too.
I would like to also know this as well.
Jul 3, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2007
Minagatachi said:
SlushyCoffee said:

Same. But please tell us if it's a big important spoiler we should avoid too.

I am intrigued as well, i didn't notice any thing in particular.

Jul 3, 2014 10:33 PM

Jun 2014
Madara looks so cute compare to how he looks now XD
i agree whit madara hashiramas hair style when he was a kid was not so stylish
Jul 3, 2014 11:19 PM
Mar 2013
Suox said:
Madara looks so cute compare to how he looks now XD
i agree whit madara hashiramas hair style when he was a kid was not so stylish
Madara reminds me of a mix between Sasuke and Itachi. On the other hand, Hashirama's hairstyle reminds me of Lee.

link9us said:
Minagatachi said:

I'm curious about this as well. Were you referring to the old
emeraldrosaryJul 3, 2014 11:24 PM
Jul 3, 2014 11:36 PM
Dec 2013
emeraldrosary said:
link9us said:

I'm curious about this as well.
Jeez, count me in! My curiosity level is tingling.
Jul 3, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
Interesting episode of these two interacting.
Jul 4, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
lol I'm having a hard time peeing too when someone is standing behind me.. especially when that person is waiting for me to finish 'cause hes gonna take a leak too.
Jul 4, 2014 1:12 AM

Mar 2009
Worst ED ever.
Jul 4, 2014 3:10 AM

May 2013
I love this kind of filler. It really boosts the curiosity about the next episode. Not to mention it's about Hashirama and Madara.
Jul 4, 2014 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
It's not filler....
Jul 4, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2013
Episodes like this remind me why I love Naruto. I like how Hashirama pointed out that the whole senju=love uchiha=hate thing is a bullshit. Everybody loves their family and friends and want to keep them save. But the way they are doing things is pure madness.

I think that the foreshadowing that DarkMorpher was talking about is the body Hashirama and Madara found was from the Hagoromo clan. And we now know that
I guess that the clan will become relevant later on.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jul 4, 2014 5:10 AM
Feb 2013
Good episode,

Was a bit more interesting than expected and the younger Madara and Hashirama differ more from Naruto/Sasuke than I thought.
I also really like Tobirama now, he seems like a very adult person at that age, same with Hashirama and Madara, although in a different way.
4/5

A bit more off topic(about Naruto Storm Revolution) so in spoilers:
Jul 4, 2014 6:32 AM

Mar 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I think that the foreshadowing that DarkMorpher was talking about is the body Hashirama and Madara found was from the Hagoromo clan. And we now know that

I'd call that mere speculation and a case of us fans looking too deep into things. After all,
Keep in mind I'm being as vague as possible here so as not to spoil things.

I think DarkMorpher is referring to something else entirely, and he honestly has me intrigued as well.
Jul 4, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

I'd call that mere speculation and a case of us fans looking too deep into things. After all,
Keep in mind I'm being as vague as possible here so as not to spoil things.

I think DarkMorpher is referring to something else entirely, and he honestly has me intrigued as well.

I agree but
Just saying :P

As for what DarkMorpher had in mind, only he knows.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Apr 17, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.