Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
I have no opinion on this show, but I saw the score was 8.45 earlier today and now it's dropped to 6.60 for the same episode?!?

I'm trying to work out how that could have happened... was the 8.45 some kind of glitch or is it that the people who really like rock music and are into this kind of anime would watch it really fast so the score was high, and people who don't like rock/music anime then watched cause of the score, got disappointed and rated down?

Have I got that right ^^
Jul 2, 2014 8:01 PM
Aug 2012
I don't know.
Jul 2, 2014 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
fujoshitssome people rated it highly before it started
episode 1 aired and everyone, except delusional fujoshits, realized how shitty it was
8.45 -> 6.60
Jul 2, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2012
The boys are rating it down.

But in all seriousness, the first episode was not the best. Kamigami no Asobi started out like this too and got a lot better later. I don't know why so many people are trying out this show they're already sure it's gonna suck for them.
Jul 2, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
The boys are rating it down.

But in all seriousness, the first episode was not the best. Kamigami no Asobi started out like this too and got a lot better later. I don't know why so many people are trying out this show they're already sure it's gonna suck for them.

Probably because it's like the only anime of the new season that's actually aired. Except some swimmer yaoi one...

Though this is definitely not something I'd even come close to watching. Just curious how new shows are being received.
Jul 2, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Honestly, this episode was just silly and stupid. i think I will watch the second just to give it a proper rating.
Jul 2, 2014 9:34 PM

Apr 2014
Why does it matter first of all the anime looks bad judging by the first episode and secondly it's only 1 episode u can't really weight an anime on that.

The second u stop caring about ratings is the same time ull truly enjoy anime for ur self
Jul 2, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
FrancWyvern said:
Honestly, this episode was just silly and stupid. i think I will watch the second just to give it a proper rating.

I feel like it could get quite decent in the next few episodes but the thing is, you won't fully like it unless you are into male seiyuu music and manservice.

ex_necross said:
Probably because it's like the only anime of the new season that's actually aired. Except some swimmer yaoi one...

Though this is definitely not something I'd even come close to watching. Just curious how new shows are being received.

I know, but my point was why are lots of people trying to be critiques when they were sure they wouldn't like this type of show?
Jul 2, 2014 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
People who arent interested in yaoi idols should still be allowed to rate the show.

Saying only fans can rate the show is fucking ignorant.

The show is low rated because it sucks.
Jul 2, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not saying only fans can vote, but everyone's being so harsh on it when it's mainly not their taste. I won't say it was a good first episode, because it wasn't but it honestly wasn't the worst thing ever. In comparison to the other manservice show that came out today, it pales but to say it sucks on the first episode? lol

and yaoi idols? really? should i just label madoka as yuri trash or what
Jul 2, 2014 9:52 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
I'm not saying only fans can vote, but everyone's being so harsh on it when it's mainly not their taste. I won't say it was a good first episode, because it wasn't but it honestly wasn't the worst thing ever. In comparison to the other manservice show that came out today, it pales but to say it sucks on the first episode? lol

and yaoi idols? really? should i just label madoka as yuri trash or what
Look at the ratings

If u wanna attack madoka or any actual good shows look at the anime ur defending first
Jul 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Moodie said:
Look at the ratings

If u wanna attack madoka or any actual good shows look at the anime ur defending first

Yes, MAL ratings really represent the objective truth. Do you not see what I gave Madoka as a score tho

I'm saying it's ignorant to judge shows like this as that because of one episode or their own personal prejudice.
Jul 2, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
Moodie said:
Look at the ratings

Yes, MAL ratings really represent the objective truth. Do you not see what I gave Madoka as a score tho

I'm saying it's ignorant to judge shows like this as that because of one episode or their own personal prejudice.
I dont look at people's ratings tbh idc what people like or dislike.

But taste and prefrance is based on ur biased towards things. The majority of people dislike yaoi and music might give this a bad rating . Personally I don't think it should matter what people think. But everyone got the right to dislike what they want. I find this show to be a lil too flamboyant for my taste but I'm not ignorant because I am gonna watch love stage aswell. So you shouldn't generalize people's opinion because they dislike this anime.

If this show picks up the ratings will get higher its that simple.
Jul 2, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
The 8.45 score was probably from about 3 people total who rated before it aired.
Jul 2, 2014 10:17 PM

Jul 2012
Moodie said:
I dont look at people's ratings tbh idc what people like or dislike.

But taste and prefrance is based on ur biased towards things. The majority of people dislike yaoi and music might give this a bad rating . Personally I don't think it should matter what people think. But everyone got the right to dislike what they want. I find this show to be a lil too flamboyant for my taste but I'm not ignorant because I am gonna watch love stage aswell. So you shouldn't generalize people's opinion because they dislike this anime.

If this show picks up the ratings will get higher its that simple.

Okay. Alright. I just kind of get heated up whenever people put down some of the shows I thought were rather decent (I'm not saying this show is yet) like Meganebu!, Samurai Flamenco, Nobunaga the Fool and a few others because of people just not liking it or not finding it up to their tastes. I don't want to sound very elite or anything but I like to watch with a more open mind and rate based on actually how good it is. Like, I think Hoozuki and Mushishi are great shows although I don't like either.

Oh, and I wasn't putting down Madoka at all. I used that as an example of how they were being prejudiced against this show.
MayukaJul 2, 2014 10:21 PM
Jul 2, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
dude, don't worry. that's actually a good sign simply because even though this show attracted people who wouldn't like it, it didn't really fall very low when they rated it/dropped it.

when the show finishes and all the scores of people who dropped are not counted towards it, it will probably rise back up a bit.
Jul 2, 2014 11:18 PM
Aug 2011
ReaperCreeper is right.
It's because only a very small amount of people had voted. (Actually 11 last time I saw.)

You shouldn't even be looking at the score just hours after a show begins airing because MAL stats don't always update that fast.
Jul 3, 2014 12:52 AM

May 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
The 8.45 score was probably from about 3 people total who rated before it aired.

This.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 3, 2014 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
I thought the episode was semi-decent.

Yeah, it had some manservice during the rock part, but I don't get the whole yaoi thing. I didn't see any of that here.

All in all, i'd give the first ep a 6/10. Will watch a few more episodes to see how this turns out. Don't think I'll be following this all the way through though.
Jul 3, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2014
It's boring, has no substance. All I see are random gags and elements thrown in for sake of them being there. I don't find any cohesion between all of them, and yet it tries to be funny and falls flat, tries to be dramatic, falls flat. Finally brings the music and fanservice for like 30 seconds and then goes back to just being boring.

The only value I see is the bishie character design and the music. Otherwise it's a soulless production.
Jul 3, 2014 5:30 AM

May 2012
mayukachan said:
Kamigami no Asobi started out like this too and got a lot better later. .

Really ?

It is the opposite for me. It was ok at first, but then it became boring and I had to drop at episode 9
Jul 3, 2014 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
It's Studio DEEN. DEEN is horrible.
Jul 3, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Moodie said:
Why does it matter first of all the anime looks bad judging by the first episode and secondly it's only 1 episode u can't really weight an anime on that.

The second u stop caring about ratings is the same time ull truly enjoy anime for ur self

1 - No they don't O.o
2 - Meh, generally 5 minutes is enough to see if a show sucks.
3 - But I enjoy animu :(

mayukachan said:
FrancWyvern said:

I feel like it could get quite decent in the next few episodes but the thing is, you won't fully like it unless you are into male seiyuu music and manservice.

ex_necross said:

I know, but my point was why are lots of people trying to be critiques when they were sure they wouldn't like this type of show?

A good show is a good show, if the only reason to like it is fanservice and music (Which sucked, but that's not the point) then it's a bad show.
Jul 3, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
FrancWyvern said:
A good show is a good show, if the only reason to like it is fanservice and music (Which sucked, but that's not the point) then it's a bad show.

Most MAL-ers rate on how much they like it though, so that was the point I was trying to make.
Jul 3, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Lol.... There were less than 20 people who rated back when the score was 8.45, thought that was obvious enough. Scores obviously get a better projection of the majority mal users' opinions the farther you get into a series *__*
Jul 3, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2012
mal should disable rating shows until the final episode has aired, they already have it so you cant set it to complete until its off of "airing" do the same for rating, its stupid how shows that have yet to be aired are already rated

at one point, found myself asking if this show had a shoujo tag, but no, does not
Jul 3, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
It's only the first episode. Give it five more weeks and see what happens.

Solkiskey said:
It's Studio DEEN. DEEN is horrible.
Pupa has made them irredeemable. They can pump out some decent anime all they want, but they'll never be forgiven for what they did.
Jul 4, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2014
2/10 - fucking DEEN

/thread
Jul 4, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
Hito420 said:
mal should disable rating shows until the final episode has aired, they already have it so you cant set it to complete until its off of "airing" do the same for rating, its stupid how shows that have yet to be aired are already rated

at one point, found myself asking if this show had a shoujo tag, but no, does not

No, you should stop getting upset because a show you like isnt popular.

It's outside of your control.
Jul 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
I quess the final score will be something around 7 if the show won´t fuck up and actually get better.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 4, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Hito420 said:

The manga has shoujo tag, but the anime is music :S
Jul 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
SolviteSekai said:
Hito420 said:

No, you should stop getting upset because a show you like isnt popular.

It's outside of your control.

It's not even about the popularity of this particular show. People simply should not be allowed to rate anime that they have not actually seen (and watching the first few episodes should not count either). I understand that your irrational hatred for Bakumatsu Rock has clouded your judgment, but such a policy would be better for the site as a whole, even for the shows that people generally rate highly.
Jul 7, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
Literally every time I check a thread like this I see the finger of blame first being pointed at "fujoshi" lmao you people...
Jul 7, 2014 5:06 AM

Mar 2008
SolviteSekai said:
People who arent interested in yaoi idols should still be allowed to rate the show.

Saying only fans can rate the show is fucking ignorant.

The show is low rated because it sucks.

you have no idea what yaoi means...
Jul 8, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
Hito420 said:

That's a stupid idea (Hinting at stuff like Detective Conan).
.................................................................................
Jul 8, 2014 4:25 PM
Oct 2012
well i have no clue why people rate before they even seen it. i dont do that for this reason
Jul 8, 2014 5:12 PM

Oct 2009
I think these are the top reasons why there are ppl who gave it a low score:

-They watched this show with the expectations that it would be like Gintama since they are both set in the same setting and has the Shisengumi members. I heard a lot claims that Gintama is the top comedy anime so maybe this show fell short of their expectations
-This show was the first summer anime to be released so ppl expected it to be a strong or at least a decent one. So some may seen it as a letdown (like me)
-Since this show is aimed at female audience, it's basically Hakuouki meets UtaPri. Maybe they think this show just pales in comparison. Or they just got tired of the same seiyuus singing in a new show since we have two of them in UtaPri, while one of them is in both (tho Hakuouki has no singing)
Jul 10, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2012
Well besides the awesome music this show is pretty shit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

29 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Jan 14, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

49 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:25 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:22 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

26 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.