Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 22, 2014 6:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say, even if this plays off in the same universe as the main story Soul Eater it did had its unique atmosphere around it and some lovely characters on its own so all in all better than I first expected! 7/10
Dec 22, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still a little sad she ended up choosing both girls as her partners. I understand why but I feel a little unfulfilled... Team Anya all the way though
Dec 28, 2014 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
It was okay. Didn't really live up to my expectations. I thought it would be like the original Soul Eater, but yeah, it was good enough. I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. It could have been so much better though. Oh well.
Jan 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
Meh, very typical ending, but at least I got to see some action in few episodes rather than huggly cuddly things. Main characters were really boring. If it wasn't for original Soul Eater series and minor appearance of its characters I'd probably never watch this show. I guess this is named "Soul Eater NOT" for a reason afterall...

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jan 5, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
I watched this show, and WoW I did not see that Yuri coming, within most episodes there were hints but it was all kidily. Don't get me wrong, girl on girl is hot, but for some reason I felt uncomfortable.

I thought tsugumi had a crush on Akame though, oh well I guess

Reason being I bought my little cousin who is 10 years old a soul eater not vol 1 manga for her birthday(since I found this version to be very girly), not that I witnessed the things that were going on within this series I am afraid to get vol 2 for her.

I loved the original soul eater, but NOT was not that good, though I enjoyed the cast from the original series

As a whole I'd give this 5/10

Because Yuri :(

P.s Kim and her weapon part was weird too, I'm glad she likes Oxford now lol
sonicgx11Jan 5, 2015 8:53 AM
Feb 3, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
I actually don't like this series because there are not much developments and good fight scenes. Still happy ending = 6/10
May 16, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
Gagantous!

I can't believe Shaula was defeated that easily and quickly...It's like she doesn't even compare to her sisters Arachne and Medusa. -_- Seriously? Ugh. Shaula had absolutely NO backstory at all, no development, no anything. It was just...Bad girl shows up, does a few bad things, gets defeated by main characters, end of her story.

Too bad Tsugumi didn't eat Shaula...It was funny how she was trailing her soul like a balloon though. xP

And omg Tsugumi and Meme <3 xD I'd ship it =O

It was pretty obvious that she would choose both of them though.

Anyways, I love Soul Eater and it's one of my favorite anime, but Soul Eater Not was just Not for me. Pun intended.
BlackFox24May 16, 2015 11:39 PM
Jun 9, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2011
As a kid's show, I was expecting this easy Shaula ending.. The timeline compared to Soul Eater is kinda confusing, but the history and other stuffs were kinda cute and fun to watch.. The "yuri" part wasn't bothering me at all.. and I'm not a yuri fan at all, but it was cute too. And I'm glad Death the Kid was in the last episode.

Soul Eater NOT! is a good anime.. it's worth watching.. I'll give it 8/10.
Sep 21, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2012
The only advantage of Soul Eater NOT is that you learn to appreciate the Soul Eater more. I remember when I was watching Soul Eater I wasn't happy about the line, that it was bit angular but now when I saw "beautiful like" Maka... Thank You Soul Eater. I was one of those kawaii versions of anime. Normally I wouldn't mind but you simply not make kawaii version of Soul Eater. If I was treating Soul Eater NOT as a separate, not related anime I would be fine ...but it's not possible when you see protagonist from the original Soul Eater...
Oct 21, 2015 3:47 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Was guud nuff anime 6/10

Cute lesbo friends, good quality moe, unexpected violence and dark twists. Was enjoyable enough to watch in 1 go.

Fun little spin-off. I liked it
Mar 23, 2016 7:08 PM
Mar 2016
As a huge fan of Soul Eater, i loved really hard this show and plan to reading the manga soon, people tend to pretend(or be) dumb and compare it to original, its like comparing DBZ to Yuru Yuri. It did a great shown on expanding and showing more of the Soul Eater universe, which aside from battles we knew almost zero from Shibusen stundents, seeing the so insane and dark world of Soul eater from the view of a normal studant who just wants to be normal is amazing to me since:
1-Shibusen to start off its a place to teach humans/weapons how to control themselfs and guide them to reduce any risk of new Kishins apearing, the EAT class its just a bonus for the true warriors, which is why 90% of the students at Shibusen are non-combatent
2-It gives us a ideia of how Maka/Soul lives where at the begening of their lives at Shibusen.
3-Gives lots of interesting details of the students lives, for example they getting paid monthly
Also it give way more details of lots of characters and important stuff, Kim and Jackeline friendship was almost sisterly in Soul Eater and only in Soul Eater NOT we get to know how it started. Liz e Patty personalities during their initial time at Death City and Kid's home e.t.c
Like everyone i was already prepared for Tsugumi choosing both of them, but think about it, in fact its predicable but its a interesthing ideia, the first ones in Shibusen to make 1 weapon-two partner works, just trowing her around its indeed stupid but its only because they started this style just now, it could get to a pretty nice fight style.
The sole and only thing i din't like about this series was the lack of characther in Shaula and her easy defeat, you see, both Medusa and Arachne are damn important to the plot and did dramatic changes in Soul Eater verse. Shaula its literaly my favorite of the tree because she looks awesome(eyes, hair, Shibusen school uniform EVERYTHING), have the good points of both her older sisters(Medusa smartness, knowledge and sadism, Arachne calm, well-manered, strategic thinking). I really liked her but she have absolutly NO REASON OR BACKSTORY. Of course Medusa its a holy fucker as well, but she have her own reasos at least(of course, selfish, twisted, sadic Medusa-level of evilness reasons), the same aplies to Arachne, but Shaula got the short end of the stick :\ Not only that but she got too easily defeated, come on, she was literaly beating the crap out of Tsugumi, Anya and Meme at same time...WITH HER DAMN HAIR! but she din't even try to hurt them, i dont think she is weak, its only her magic its not good for fighthing, Medusa vectors makes her one of the most solid and strong h2h fighters in Soul eater to the point she kicked Stein and Spirit asses(oh boy, and this ITS a thing) and Arachne got her really dangerous webs which took Maka to a trip into hospital bed. But Shaula only showed great hipnotism and ability to shoot projectils, her only source to fight there seemed to be her own physical skills, and this was enough. The only reason i found for her defeat was because she was being too easy on the girls and was catch off guard by a powerfull technique(after all, 3 souls are a big thing). I just have hope for Shaula being given more attetion on manga, also Meme lacked any story
Shaula soul belongs to Tsugumi, trough the shown din't mention this, but if i remember correctly the soul belongs to the one who made the kill, she just din't eat it maybe because its too soon, its just like Soul with arachne soul, he din't eat it, he just stored it in Shibusen until he got 99 souls i think its a rule to follow that order, which means to me that (spoiler) Soul evans its not the last death sycthe since Tsugumi can be one as well. Anyways its Shibusen rule, so the soul belongs to Tsugumi and she can eat it whenever she pleases to(or when shes a EAT class, which is more likely since all the tree are determined to become even stronger together)
The kiss scene i couldn't help but keep replaying it, it was very well placed and pleasant <3 Tsugumi have a great potential, given the time her spiritual powers can match even Maka's ones. The yuri in the show pleased me, from the very start Anya have a crush on Tsugumi, even before knowing she was a weapon. Even if im disapointed by Shaula, i LOVED IT, EAT class fighting was amazing, Kid always make me laugh, no doubt hes my 3° favorite character(behind Maka 2° and Chrona 1°) nice to see when the Thompsons sisters started to truly like Kid, since before this they only think about him as a playboy and wanted to steal his money, thanks to Kid charisma they got a change of Hearth and personality to what they are in the main series(trough Patty still enjoys evil mode sometimes) it was a really nice touch making he apear once more. I know the ending was nothing original but i have to say, i probably wouldn't get satisfied with any other type of ending, since i hate having to deal with endings where one gets the cake and the other stays alone and sad(Yes, im looking at you, cursed Strawberry Panic) Even if im heavily on team Anya, Yuri Harem its perfect as well. Im still going to read the manga in hope for more character back story but 8/10 for Giving me another view(a amazing and cute one) from the dark and insane world of one of my favorite mangas.
VoliboboMar 31, 2016 6:59 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:48 AM

Aug 2012
There's only one thing I'm confused about.

Since Tsugumi, Anya and Meme defeated Shaula, doesn't Tsugumi get to eat her soul? Or does she have to eat 99 human souls first and then eat a witch soul?
Mar 29, 2016 9:17 AM
Mar 2016
M00ner said:
There's only one thing I'm confused about.

Since Tsugumi, Anya and Meme defeated Shaula, doesn't Tsugumi get to eat her soul? Or does she have to eat 99 human souls first and then eat a witch soul?

If i'm not mistaken the rule is that the soul belongs to those who made the kill, i think Shaula's soul will be stored for Tsugumi in the same way Shibusen stored Arachne's soul for Soul and Maka, probably you need to store 99 souls and then eat a witch, for experience's sake or security(avoiding people wanting to hunt a witch first with would result in lots of deaths) or maybe they decided it was too soon for a NOT student to eat it or only EAT class is allowed to do it, also, maybe Tsugumi dint even know about it, i dont recall the Death Sycthe system being mentioned in this series, since its kinda of a thing only for those who wants to be the strongest, which happens only by the end of the show.
At least if/when Tsugumi gets to EAT class(since all tree of them wants to be stronger) she just needs the 99 other souls and the stored Shaula one will be given to her(it makes sense, because no one ever mentioned about eating it in the main series and there are no recent death sycthes)
What makes me curious about it, is that it could means
(SPOILER)
Soul its not the last death sycthe, since Tsugumi can be one as well, also i see no reason for the witches to complain about a already dead Gorgon(whose witches hates because of both Medusa and Arachnne) getting eaten
VoliboboMar 29, 2016 9:33 AM
Jan 8, 2017 8:19 AM
May 2013
Although I kinda dislike non-moe SoL side of the story, I like it better than the original.
Jan 15, 2017 9:10 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly, this anime was pretty bad to me. All the plot seemed to focus on was the Yuri Romance, and so when the time came to defeat the main antagonists the audience was left quite confused. It completely changed the whole concept of the original Soul Eater plot and characters, and to be honest, only made me want to rewatch the first series.
Mar 14, 2017 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
The three of them defeating Shaula didn't feel convincing ...
And all the cutesy gesters near the end made me cringe a bit too much.

The start of the show was interesting to me as it seemed we would get to know what it was like before being like Maka, Kid, Black Star etc. - Unfortunately the 2nd half didn't go too much deeper into that aspect and instead we got some silly drama and eventually leading to an ending that was not satisfying at all.

6/10 (7/10 for the first half)
Mar 31, 2017 9:43 PM

Jul 2015
TBH... I enjoyed this show more than the main series...
Character development was way better; art was different but nice, arguably better; maint characters were really likeable; supporting appearances of main series characters were nice; loved the SOL side.
Sure, without the main series thre'ld be a lot that wouldn't be as rewarding as it is.
Cliché ending? well... since when something unique means it is the best? there's so much stories under the Sun, dude... the really important thing is how it is carried on, and it was pretty good.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 14, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2016
They defeated a Gorgona sister that easily?!
The series can go to hell 4/10 for me (ironically it started for me with 8)
Nov 22, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
WTF did I just watched?
I should have listened to the reviewers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 12:10 PM
Jul 2013
Did she get to eat the witches soul or not?
Mar 5, 2018 12:40 AM
Feb 2018
Wait...I just realized that the entire time this was not the actual anime...wow i thought soul eater and soul eater not were 2 totally different things but there not, only thing is soul eater not takes place a year before the main one and its a spin off whelp! How about that 😂 imma just go watch the main one now
AnimeManTyMar 5, 2018 2:04 PM
Nov 13, 2018 3:13 AM

Mar 2016
A healing kiss saved Meme from her poisonous curse, quite elegant if I do say so myself. Overall, the whole way Tsugumi and Anya saved Meme was quite damn typical and cliche... ANd just as I have thought. Tsugumi ended up choosing both Meme and Anya to be her meister(s)

Now that Tsugumi has chosen her meisters, and now that she's confident, her weapon form is finally bladed! But how the fuuuuuuck did these 3 able to soul resonate each other without proper training beforehand!? That's just some powerup bullshit!

In the end, Shaula Gorgon got defeated, not because the Tsugumi, Meme and Anya sudden new power up are overwhelmingly powerful. It's simply because compared to Shaula's sisters (Medusa and Arachne) Shaula is WEAAAAAAAKKKK!!!

From how it looks like in the ending, the ending of Soul Eater NOT takes place a few bits after Death the Kid joined DWMA along with Liz and Patty in the original Soul Eater. It's actually a nice and likable ending! Definitely better than the original Soul Eater rushed af ending! Meme and Anya getting together again with Tsugumi was really heartwarming. In summary... I quite like this fine show!
Jan 24, 2019 5:04 PM

Oct 2015
It was pretty obvious Tsugumi would choose both of them to be her meister. I see she has acquired soul resonance with both of them, that is pretty absurd. The way they wielded her was really stupid in my view. I guess the creators wanted them to be all friends and not a single one should be left out, pretty much let's all be friends kind of anime.

Kinda knew at the end they would be all back together, Anya is back from Princess duties and Meme seemed to be released also but I guess she will be monitored.

Pretty average stuff and way boring than the first soul eater. Tsugumi was a typical boring MC, Meme was the slut of the show and Anya the one I hated most was the annoying blonde tsundere. The only great thing were the extras from the original soul eater series and Kanna, other than that all character sucked for me. Most of all they killed Sid and didn't even bother about him.

To tell the honest truth the story had no certain point, characters were plain and aren't memorable. It was a jumble of shit wrapped into a pretty wrapper of cliché friendship.

3/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 8, 2019 9:00 PM
Dec 2011
I know the show isn’t supposed to be taken as seriously as the original, but the ending was still bs.

1.) It took Maka and Soul, experienced EAT students, Genie Hunter to defeat Medusa. But these freshmen NOT students, who couldn’t even beat Lis and Patty a few episodes prior, defeat a witch in their first battle? You can’t have this story take place in the same universe as the original, while simultaneously ignoring the power scaling.

2.) A witch invaded Death City, exposed herself using soul release, and caused mass chaos using brainwashed students. You’re telling me Death did NOTHING throughout that whole ordeal? What kind of nonsense is that? I wasn’t expecting some epic battle, but I expected to see him do SOMETHING.
Apr 30, 2019 6:13 AM

Dec 2018
The Meme was saved.

Dat card attack.

The trio Heroine save the day.

Soo the trio just vanished into nothingness after and the original series started lol.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 3, 2019 10:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
An happy end for these three girls, they're reunited, that's heartwarming !

And the best thing that happened in the whole show : Tsugumi kissing Meme !!!!!!!!
Jul 26, 2020 10:17 PM

Sep 2018
Yeah, I enjoyed it. More slice of life beginning then focusing on the action/drama in the latter stages, I have no quarrels. Saving Meme was a little too cheesy for my liking though lol... Some nice yuri, 7/10
May 20, 2021 6:07 AM
Mar 2021
the show was fucking shit, Soul eater was really good but this was more fanservice than comedy and action it's ok to have a little fanservice but it didn't hit like soul eater, but if you like that's fine just I think its shit.
Mar 14, 2023 9:55 AM

Nov 2010
4:42 Tsubaki is so sexy! Yummy armpits!
Anya reminds me of Lili from Tekken.
22:30 Tsugumi looks hotter with that long hair! I love it! I want to smell her hair.
I wish that the final fight were better. The fights in the earlier episodes looked cooler.
It's a decent slice-of-life show. 6/10
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM
Aug 2023
Plot kind of ruins the major themes of the original series. Mediocre at best on it's own, but requires a lot of information from the source material to really understand it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.