Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck I had a feeling we'd get a cliffhanger. That teaser at the end though, can't wait.
Jul 1, 2014 6:37 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome episode...

Next week seems so epic ! Onoda following Midosouji and the other assitant from hakone !

Oh what ? This is the end of the season ? **** No ! Damn :(
Oh so it means that could be the third day, Onoda is way too tired to go up again this race haha !
StormBoiJul 1, 2014 6:41 AM
Jul 1, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2013
THAT WAS EPIC. THE DETERMINATION AND TEAM SPIRIT WITHIN HAKONE AND SOUHOKU! :O

Loved it so much, cannot wait till season 2!
Jul 1, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
And we end with a 3 month cliffhanger =/
Jul 1, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
It was a great ride so far, but I can't imagine of a worse way to end the season.
At least we will get more Yowamushi Pedal in a couple of months. I'm looking forward to it!
Jul 1, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
damn what a cliffhanger~ they could just give us one more episode...
Jul 1, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
GIMME 2ND SEASON ALREADY AAAAAAARGH.
9/10 anyway, this was my favorite spokon of the two last seasons, really enjoyed it to the fullest.

I expected the cliffhanger but hell man, the wait is gonna be painful.
Jul 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
Of course they end with a cliffhanger. Of course they do.
Jul 1, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
cliffhanger ending~ cant wait till the fall!!~ xD

that teaser at the end ><
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 1, 2014 7:11 PM

Jan 2008
Who ends the season that way? 'Pedal' is disappointing in this way.

Look how 'Ping Pong' has ended (ok, not the season, but what an ending!) - excellent - that's the best sport (and maybe overall) anime of the season/year!

lolijandro said:
...10/10 Best anime 2013-2014

Is that so?
Have you forgotten about:
- Ping Pong
- Initial D final stage
- Hajime no Ippo: Rising
just to name a few from the similar genre.
GDL-URAHARAJul 1, 2014 7:20 PM
Jul 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
Woah, loved it so far.
Lol damn that cliffhanger.
Woah, teaser alert. Midousuji vs Onoda vs Manami :o
Seems like that would happen on the 3rd day though, given how tired Onoda is right now.
9/10
Jul 1, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
GDL-URAHARA said:
Who ends the season that way? 'Pedal' is disappointing in this way.

Look how 'Ping Pong' has ended (ok, not the season, but what an ending!) - excellent - that's the best sport (and maybe overall) anime of the season/year!

No need to put it down that much :/ Yowapeda still has more to adapt. Ping Pong and shounen sports are hard to compare because both have things that they did better than each other. Also, Haikyuu is the sports AOTS/Y so far.
Jul 2, 2014 4:22 AM

Feb 2011
It did not expect that cliffhanger actually. This episode was so good it just flew by!

Overall, 8/10. Can't wait for October now!
Jul 2, 2014 6:12 AM
Jun 2013
Goddamn I hate this anime.

10/10 for hime.
Jul 2, 2014 6:17 AM

Jan 2014
What a cruel way to end a series. How could I wait and resist the temptation of the manga...
Jul 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2011
i wasn't really expecting that they would finish the second day (seeing how yowapeda is really slow with the races) so that didn't bother me.
i just cannot believe that i'll have to wait 3 months for more. seems like i'll have to satisfy myself with others sports anime or check the manga
9/10
Jul 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
My score for this anime dropped by 1 due to that ending...
Are they for real? ...

phoebe5a said:
Goddamn I hate this anime.

10/10 for hime.

+1
Jul 3, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
Hope everyone in Japan that watched this anime will rage at the creators of it, and then demand that they start on second season right away :P
It's not like they have anything better to do :P

Jul 4, 2014 2:44 AM
Mar 2014
10/10. hands down the best anime I've seen in quite sometime. just incredible, S2!
Jul 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
midousuji almost kill my enjoyment for this show.

7/10, will watch 2nd season just to see him crushed.
Jul 4, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2010
lol what a way to end this season. 7/10.
Jul 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Jun 2007
Maybe it's because I'm busy at university right now, but when I watched episode 38 last week I didn't even realize the season ended. ^^
Jul 8, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
UGH THAT ENDING
WHY
Jul 8, 2014 6:53 PM
Sep 2010
Wow didn't expect them to end it before the race even finish. Waited for the next ep to come out and realized that that was the last ep LOL
Jul 17, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2009
The episode was great until that hell of a cliffhanger ending! They could have at least showed us who won...like really? really?
Well now I suppose they are trying to make us watch the second season to find out who wins, and I will definitely be awaiting for that of course.

Good season. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this series and getting hyped with everyone else. Loved every second of Onoda and his Hime song too! :)

Jul 20, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
good series.. will watch next season

8.3/10
Jul 28, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2011
Nooooooooooooooo
Aug 12, 2014 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
THAT WAS GOOD.

I wasn't expecting this at all, but I ended up really liking the series by the end.
That teaser at the end was awesome.

This is a great series. I'm looking forward to this fall :-)
Sep 6, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't mind the cliffhanger that much but I still have to wait a month? Ugh...

I am very curious how this will end though, who'll win the 2nd, but more importantly, the 3rd day. Aside from that, I would like to see Onoda win the King of the Mountain point on the last day [like the ending clip suggests?] but I'm mainly rooting for Imaizumi and Naruko to win something.
Sep 27, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
Wtf, that ending! Good thing the second season is going to start airing soon. Overall, a pretty solid series so far. Looking forward to the second season.
Oct 21, 2014 4:26 AM
Nov 2013
Was looking forward for the Ending but now have to wait for next season to complete =_=
Jan 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
Well this whole anime sucked ass. Half of it was flashbacks, a quarter of it was obnoxious poses & the rest was mediocrity filling the spaces. The only good thing I can say it had going for it was the princess song, hime hime hime! & that Midousuji thing is the most annoying character I've ever seen, in any medium whatsoever, Jesus Christ. I felt like dropping it every time they showed his face, or his tongue hanging 3 meters outside of his mouth. It's like it's a fucking battle shounen with your no-two-ways-about-it-this-person-is-meant-to-be-viewed-as-a-bad-person-villain-monster-creature-thing, uugghh. I'm not 12 anymore, I won't root for the more virtuous guys because of that. There's lots of other things wrong with it too, I just can't be arsed. This anime is shit.
Feb 2, 2015 5:09 AM
May 2011
Eh, i don't know anything about professionally cycling but some of the things they do seem counter productive.

I mean they try so hard to win certain spots in the race and use up all their energy doing it. Wouldn't it be better if they all just rode as a team taking turns drafting until the final sprint?

Anyway.. Okay anime, i just think like they took forever to get through those races, feels like they should have been 5 episodes max.

And they go up to irregular 38 episode season but can't do 3-4 more episodes to finish that race? What kind of bs is that?
Feb 14, 2015 8:58 PM

Apr 2008
Even though I saw it coming, I can't believe they ended the series in the middle of the Inter High. Even worse, in the middle of a race! I'm so glad season 2 is already airing.

Apr 12, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
I'm watching this much later so I don't feel the cliffhanger but damn, that was intense.
Sep 26, 2015 12:58 AM

Jun 2009
6/10

It was 5/10 at certain points. One of the main things that pisses me of about this series is the almost complete lack of character development, especially for the MC. Although, I suppose it's not a surprise when Onoda is a self insert for the author.

Oct 5, 2015 6:36 AM
Dec 2009
This show hooked me good at the beginning and I blew through the first 20 or so episodes really fast. The second half didn't hold my attention as well, there were some amazing races and I can't wait to watch the next season but... just felt like things were drawn out a little too long sometimes. But hey, it's a sports anime. I'm not surprised.

I was very surprised by the cliffhanger ending though. Didn't feel like the end of a show or season or anything!

Tyestor said:
6/10

It was 5/10 at certain points. One of the main things that pisses me of about this series is the almost complete lack of character development, especially for the MC. Although, I suppose it's not a surprise when Onoda is a self insert for the author.

Wow, it really looks just like him! Haha. Interesting. Still, his love for the sport really comes through in this show IMO.
Jan 15, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
I love how if you weren't a member from Souhoku or from Hakone (except for Midousuji) you might as well not exist in this series.Even the freaking coach barely gets any screen time!

So much damn talk,just so much talking over and over about the same things "oh you don't believe in the team? well you should believe in the team. Should I rely on the team for various things?Yes you can rely on the team for various things."

Midousuji was just a absolute caricature and a stain to a otherwise somewhat decent show. MC Otaku-kun wasn't any better and got extremely annoying very fast,luckily the rest of the main characters were decent and fairly enjoyable (the guys from Hakone should have been the main characters).
Not even gonna bother with the sequel...
Apr 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
That's such a bizarre place to end the season. Glad there's still plenty more to look forward to though! I don't even need to think about it, starting up Grande Road ASAP.

Well as for the journey so far, this series has been nothing short of delightful. I really like how it took its time to set up for the Inter-High, Onoda joining the bicycling team had a bigger impact as they slowly immersed him into his potential as a rider. But more importantly, the role he has in the team's morale.

Similarly to other sports anime I love, this too has been a huge source of motivation for my own training. I took interest in the Tour de France in 2014 (courtesy to Over Drive) and have always meant to add cycling to my list of workouts. Yowa Pedal finally got me to take that first big step and it really is exciting and challenging. I'm glad I waited until now, however, because Yowamushi really has made me better appreciate the sport. Most especially Onoda's optimistic approach to the joy of bicycling. The coach describes it best.

Speaking of, Onoda you really are best boy! I mean the rest of the cast is great, but he really stood out. In terms of sports anime, it's the first time I've seen a nerdy, soft spoken character take the spotlight as protagonist. And strangely enough, it works so well! It's easy to touch base with Onoda as well, both the passion for anime as well as the thrill of exercise and exceeding physical limits. I also really could relate to his earnest desire to make friends, which not only has he done, but he's earned their respect as an irreplaceable member of Sohoku.

9/10, hime hime! (That's going to be stuck in my head for weeks and I ain't complaining!)
Jun 6, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2009
Good anime, couldn't stop watching so finished it in one week. The plot and characters really get you into it. Also the soundtracks are not bad.
Really hate Midousuji, he's a jerk. And really gross. Hope he loses all races
Jul 17, 2016 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
I am glad I get to watch this whole thing without waiting lol.

This is a great anime. 8/10
Sep 3, 2016 2:17 AM

Feb 2016
6 or 7/10 for me . I still can't understand how can kimusuji win the first day and win over the sprinter in the second day ( he even won on the mountain ) , and still has power to keep up , when we saw the other racers break after going all out just for one time

Add to that drifting for others doesn't make anysense , cause you can simple use the other teams . In real life , you see all the racers on one line .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Dec 14, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well, this was a huge let down. I was really enjoying this for the first 18-20 episodes, basically anything before the race starts. But then we come out of the gate with abs guy and it just went downhill from there, no pun intended. The evil guy that was evil just to be evil was really boring, Tadokoro feeling better and being able to overtake people because he was singing an anime OP. It just was all so damn bad after the race started. Don't even get me started on the blue balls ending were they could've ended the second day but decided to make it a cliffhanger. Geez, this turned into a failure so fast. I watched this because I saw it was getting a third season in January but I don't think I'm going to continue this one, it was just too much of a disappointment. Damn, I'm just so bummed with the shift the show took after the race started because I was having a lot of fun with this one, oh well.

6/10
Apr 14, 2017 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome anime, probably gonna end up as my favorite, 10/10 for me... I honestly believe that anime's strongest point is characters, character development, flashbacks, character relatioships, interactions. And just the fact that i could feel for every character is amazing, except Midosouji (for now at least) I also liked how the rival team is not antagonist one and they are really likable.
As far as my favorites go. I like every Sohoku member and all Hakone's members. Sohoku members more tho. My favorites go as follows Makishima>Todokoro>Naruko>Onoda>Kinjou>Imaizumi>Toudou>Arakita>Shinkai>Izumida

AS far as the episode goes. Hakone catching up was amazing and Fukutomi's stone eyes and his trust in team was amazing. The best part was Sohoku catching up to them. Fukutomi believed they will too. Thanks to amazing Makishima and Onoda's climbing, they managed to do it. Really liked how Naruko called Onoda his friend and said that he won't let him fall, and after Onoda almost fell Imaizumi caught him, telling him to stay strong as the race is almost over. Honestly showed how much close they are and how good of friends they are with Onoda. (anime started with Onoda having no friends so it's big development they showed at the end).
I also love how they were changing the drafter every time. Can't believe Tadokoro started drafting for them with his insane powerup and then Naruko drafted, that part was amazing even Fukutomi was amazed.
And i just loved the Kinjou x Fukutomi's realationship, rivalry one. Fukutomi admitting that Kinjou's team is the only one who brings him delight and challenge. He couldn't believe he was feeling happiness for another team.

The final battle started and it looks like Midosouji switched to plan #49. Honestly how anyone in their right mind will remember all these different plans LMAO. Really enjoyed seeing his shock after he saw that Sohoku caught up. No one, No one believed they would. Except Fukutomi, Izumida and Toudou probably.
Sohoku showing everyone that even if someone is exhausted they will help him and work as a team,evident by their drafting at the end where they would change drafter.

Jun 12, 2019 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, they really ended it on a cliffhanger. I'm just not gonna watch the sequels and believe in my heart that Hakone managed to win in the end. For how much people praised this as one of the best sports anime, it failed badly to live up to expectations.
Jun 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2015
That left us hanging, since there was still so much intensity in the race. Sohoku making its comeback was great, especially when Imaizumi held Onoda when he was about to give up. I'm glad Imaizumi finally held his head high after getting defeated by Midousuji and able to lift up the spirit of his teammate. As for Hakone, I guess they aren't giving in either since the members have started to combine again. I can't wait for the sequel, to see who will take it!

Overall enjoyable series with good characters along with a splendid animation! I will make sure the second season is on my list of priorities.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Sep 2018
I want Sohoku to win, not because they are the protagonist but because they deserve it.
Jun 23, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
That's a very weird way to end a season.
It already had an uncommon number of episodes so you think they could have at least ended on the final of the second race.

Oh well, it's not an issue at this point in time.
Mar 4, 2021 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Sohoku catching up last minute, Midousuji was shook xD They went all out with the hype and intensity.

Still can't believe they ended this part right there. Thank God I don't have to wait this time.

Before my rewatch this anime has been an 8/10 on my list. Now after hundreds of anime later as well as this rewatch, I gotta say it's easily a 9/10. There's quite no other anime with so much cheesy energy and over the top characters in the sports genre.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2021 12:54 PM
Feb 2021
MorelMcCarnathy said:
Awful way to end the season, in my opinion. It feels really incomplete, and I really wished it would've ended with a winner decided. Now when we come back from the season break, we're rushed into an extremely exciting situation; But the tension's all gone.

Yes!! I feel like this isn't a cliffhanger it's just straight up not finishing the season. Really frustrating even though I don't have to wait for the sequel, it makes the inter-high feel way more drawn out than it needs to, which ruins the tension!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

120 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 12:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.