Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2014 3:33 AM

Jan 2014
It was back in the late 90s. Around '97 I think.

I watched a Japanese drama series on TV. It was airing in Singapore at that time. And I really really want to watch it again, but I can't remember the title. Or the name of any of the actors. I do remember the plot though. So what I will do here is tell the story and if any of you knows which series I am talking about, please reply.

Plot:

Some old rich dude was dying. And he's searching for a missing grandchild. His heir. So this orphan girl was found and arrived at the mansion. All seemed well at first. But then, another poor girl was found and was considered as a heir candidate as well.

The problem is the old dude already had a son-in-law and daughter. And they had a daughter. The legit ojou-sama. Naturally she didn't like the idea of sharing the family fortune with a brat born out of wedlock or whatever. So the bullying started. I remember a scene where the family maids beat up the two heir candidates during a kendo lesson.

One most mind-fucking bullying moment involved an accident with a horse. One of the orphan girls was riding a horse when it went crazy and threw her off. Turned out that someone put a needle in her riding shoes or stirrups so she would prick the horse during riding. Turned out that this someone was the orphan girl's childhood friend who vowed to protect her. And then it turned out that this childhood friend, a guy btw, did it because he was totally in love (lust?) with the legit ojou-sama. There was a scene where he went into the classroom to report his deed and earned a kiss from the ojou-sama.

On the orphan girl's side, she had an ally. A high school boy who's also a boxer. Who also cross-dressed as a high school girl once to sell underwear or whatever. There was another mind fuck bullying scene devised by the legit ojou-sama. She got some poor kid to pretend to be a rich guy. He then pretended to fall in love with orphan girl. The idea, I think, was to dump the orphan girl after she's been toyed with. To break her spirit probably.

Anyway, the ploy was uncovered by the high school boxer ally. The poor kid who was pretending to be a rich kid turned out to be a boxer as well and they had a bare knuckles boxing match. And the orphan girl's ally broke the other kid's fist.

There's also a blind police detective in the story. One time he showed up at the high school boxer's home and found syringes. He concluded that the boxer was drawing blood to lose weight.

So any of you remember ever watching a drama like this?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What are your favorite J-Dramas?

EtherSword - Mar 24, 2011

2 by Kikuchi_love »»
Sep 1, 2015 6:27 AM

» Who's your favourite actor/actress?

Riechan - Oct 16, 2009

8 by nickylynn »»
Mar 4, 2015 5:21 PM

» What JDrama are you currently watching? :)

sandreen - Apr 1, 2009

27 by nickylynn »»
Mar 4, 2015 5:16 PM

» Shokojo Seira **major spoilers**

Teckmeister - Jun 30, 2014

0 by Teckmeister »»
Jun 30, 2014 3:24 AM

» What was the last Drama you saw?

songochang - Jan 21, 2009

23 by nachapa »»
Jan 24, 2013 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.