Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
So it's a tease for the movie huh?

It's difficult to judge this 2nd season. I hated the first half so much that I almost dropped it. There were too many forced jokes as well as forced moe moments that the girls almost became like a parody of their real selves. It's almost as if the producers was trying to pander to the fan base as much as they can. It was nearly unwatchable especially with the excessive "nyaa" from Rin (I swear she wasn't that annoying in s1).

Thankfully they did a 180' starting around ep 8 with the story taking a more serious turn and the girls behaving like normal girls while still being charming. Normal girls who aspired to become idols just like how they were in season 1, not a collection of moe dolls trying to act as cute as possible. I don't think it was a coincidence that it started from a Nozomi episode, the most mature member of the group. From then on it has gone strength to strength and there were times when I thought it was even better than S1.

I'll wait for the movie, I hope they can keep the same standard as the 2nd half of this season. Overall score 2/10 for ep 1-7 (yeah, it's that bad I actually had that score temporarily) and 8/10 for ep 8-13, averaged to 5/10
Jun 30, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
great series.. 9/10

and also, Nico's mom is the best girl..
Jun 30, 2014 2:33 PM
Aug 2013
It's finally over :( Holy mother of shit. This episode was the best ending for Season 2 I could ever hope for.

Nozomi looks so cute with the Snow Halation hair. (Best Girl XD)

My feels overloaded when Honoka was on the roof looking back at what happened last season. I shed way too many tears.

This has been one hell of a emotional roller-coaster. Thank you Sunrise and Love Live. 9/10

Can't wait for the movie. Lets hope the movie makes a third season XD
Sunrise, don't let your cash cow die after the movie. OK.
Jun 30, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2010
really last 5 episodes always tears and when i heard the songs i just needed to sing along. damn you SIF!!!
Nyan~
Jun 30, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2013
Some good feels when they sang Aishiteru Banzai. ;_;

I wonder what message Hanayo got on her phone?

Anyway, good series overall despite some melodrama and cheesy moments here and there.

8/10
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
Real good way for "ending" it. Im really looking forward to more info on that movie though. Hopefully it's soon.

Overall 7/10. I should really take more points off for the first half of Love Live

Nico's mom> Nico>>>>>>>>everyone else.
Jun 30, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2013
They didn't show absolutely nothing about the end of the love live, muse celebrating the win, etc. I'm disappointed.
Jun 30, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2011
This season turned out to be great! Tears were flowing, and a new movie!!!

Love Live 2nd Season - 9/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 30, 2014 8:40 PM

Feb 2014
Happy maker is now one of my favourite PV's simply becuase Maki is cute in it.

They even made an ALTIMA reference on this PV

Jun 30, 2014 9:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mom Yazawa: "Nico Nico Ni", even she does it xD

So many feels for this episode. I miss muse already, even Maki, but they will forever live in our hearts.

The ED song was catchy.

So movie in the making now. Nice

Jun 30, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was basically sad as fuck, with the graduation scene and the rooftop scene. Then it brought you back to being happy with the movie announcement.

Movie aside, gonna miss Nozomi and her big boobs.
Jun 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Aug 2008
A great ending. Probably the second best episode in my opinion. I liked their costumes at the ending sequence best. Cute without being on the sickening side.

And what exactly happens with that phone alert? An agency invites them to form a group and go pro? I mean, they DID win an influential tournament in the industry (may be fictional, but it's a story). It's hard to believe that they weren't approached by a big player or two for an offer of something.
Like, those other three girls graduating... they could easily make a successful career out of being idols.

Oh well, I hear there's gonna be a movie. Maybe it will be sequel. Or an original non-canon story could be interesting and fresh too.
Jun 30, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2012
I... JUST WATCHED... A MASTERPIECE.
Jun 30, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
Lovely finale. I will miss this anime so much because I grew attached to the members, all nine of them. One of the most wonderfully directed anime of recent years and a motivating one at it! T_T

At least I now have a movie to look forward to. :')

9/μ's
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2014
Awwwwh yisss, dat movie announcement tho!
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 1, 2014 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
mofumofu said:
They didn't show absolutely nothing about the end of the love live, muse celebrating the win, etc. I'm disappointed.

Yeah I was expecting that too ! Watching episode 13 looked like Love Live never existed or was just some random contest~
Jul 1, 2014 2:31 AM

Feb 2012
That movie set-up didn't really add anything to this episode, except give it a milking feel. Still not too bad. It has a faint glimmer of motivational anime of old. People do stuff and not just for comedy, which has always been one of the more entertaining types of anime to watch for me for some reason.
Jul 1, 2014 2:35 AM

Oct 2012
Nico's mother.. Almost everyone in Yazawa family have the same face xD
Nico nico niii~

Umi's expression.. just never get boring

Sweet ED :)

Aww, I love μ's.. All of them!!
I'll miss them so much :(
Even if it's not anime, please make it more!! T_T

And I feel it's too rushed.. It's like they're jumping from 1st floor to 10th floor
"Signature removed"
Jul 1, 2014 3:20 AM

Mar 2014
mofumofu said:

That was kind of disappointing; one of the only gripes I'd have with this episode. It's not entirely surprising though, since the entire show's primary focus is on the characters, with the plot just sort of being there to provide structure.

This was the first pure idol anime I've ever seen. I'm glad I gave it a shot. Well played, Sunrise. I look forward to the movie. Here's to hoping it's a blockbuster.
FireKiller87Jul 1, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 1, 2014 6:39 AM

Feb 2014
The most that surprise me on these episode was not the movie announcement at the end nor u's winning the love live!. It was the brown alpaca that turns out to be pregnant. All these year I thought the brown alpaca was the male one while the white alpaca was the female.
Jul 1, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
Life without my dose of Nico Nico Smile will be painful.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 1, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Man, I had a great joy ride when watching this series! So happy it stepped up its gear with a great 2nd season impact! I'm going to miss this show, but can't wait for the movie!
Jul 1, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2009
I'm certainly going to miss this show. It feels like this season flew by; the Spring season in general, honestly.

You could tell there was always a lot of passion behind Love Live. It's just a nice, innocent and fun show. 7/10.

Nozomi best girl. I'm going to miss her, too. :(
Jul 1, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
And another great season of Love Live ends D:

Lovely music and dance, heartwarming and fun moments, I enjoyed it so much!

Now I just have to patient and wait for the movie...

Nico still best girl :3 (Those Nico x Maki moments <33333)
Jul 1, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
OrangeRafi said:
Happy maker is now one of my favourite PV's simply becuase Maki is cute in it.

That's what I was referring to, Maki being perfect again.
Jul 1, 2014 9:23 PM
Feb 2007
I was kind of looking forward to see Eri's mom. :< And omg that brown alpaca's a girl?! And a violent one. Hoho. XD

I'm so glad there's gonna be a movie. I was kind of hoping for a third season though XD
Jul 2, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2013
Season 2 finally ended with news for a MOVIE!and also a new song:Happy Maker!
Those feels when honoka is reminiscingthe past practice sessions.
Definitely gonna miss muse and my nico nico nii. =(
Jul 2, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2009
Perfect Finale!!!

What a way to end the series and I was impressed with so many things happening in this episode. Even Nico's mum did her signature move and that was hilarious to see. The graduation scene was well done and that speech and song sung by everyone was very good as well! That scene with Eri and Honoka in the Student Council room was a good scene.

Hanayo being the president of the club followed by Maki being the vice-president was brilliant. Those pets having made a baby surprised me quite a bit. The scenes where Muse walked to all the venues and places in the school was excellent and well done especially when they were all lying down on the grass area and finishing it with the rooftop scene was the best decision and it was very creative too with the Muse sign created by the water and even using the fading effect to remind the memories of Muse from Honoka's view was just absolutely phenomenal! So many feels in this episode!

That last scene when they were about to graduate by going out of the school only to be stopped by a phone call which has some sort of surprise. Really liked how they finished it with that new song and the CG and animation was top-notch and was the best way to finish it off!!

Overall this has been such a good series and I loved this series ever since the first season and when this second season started, I know I was in for a good treat and I definitely received it fully. Art was consistent all the way through and I liked how they did character development episodes as it gave me a wider understanding of these characters and really combines well with Muse's motto. A brilliant set of music songs used and the characters have obviously been the main highlight. I liked the A-Rise involvement in this show as they proved to be a good rival for the cast although the only thing I would say about this show was that it would've been nice if other idol groups were involved thus making it more competitive as it was really between two groups but all is good as it was really entertaining!!

Can't wait to see the movie and I wonder what it will be about!? ^_^

[u]Final Scores:[/u]

Art/Animation: 9/10
Story/Plot: 8/10
Characters: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Score: 9/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Thank you so much Muse!

Muse last moment:

Parents (Lol at Honoka's Dad, XD nice one!):

Muse final moment:

Jul 2, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
jenchiuk said:

Oh, wow, finally Maki's mom being supportive. Didn't notice that. The Love Live parents are so like their kids, and not just mama Yazawa.
Jul 2, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2009
MihoWittmann said:
jenchiuk said:

Oh, wow, finally Maki's mom being supportive. Didn't notice that. The Love Live parents are so like their kids, and not just mama Yazawa.

Yeah it was for a split second but I noticed and just had to make a shot of that! XD

I like how they put the group's parents in them and gives that supportive feel to them and indeed they do look alike especially Nico's mum! Hope we get to see more of them! ^^

Jul 3, 2014 12:40 AM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I loved everything about this show except Honoka. Absolutely every other girl deserved the spotlight more than her.

I'm gonna miss my Nico, Maki and Hanayo. Bless their hearts.
Jul 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Ah we reach the end but the movie is going to be exciting !!!

I gonna be sad since there is no Love Live for a while T^T

RedChromeJul 3, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 3, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2011
Welp
They didn't even show how they won the Love Live.
Shit ending.
7/10
Jul 3, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2010
That cg was so unnecessary. I think I enjoyed the first season better. 6/10
Jul 3, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2010
Haha dat llama.

Well after two seasons and a lot of hilarious petrified faces, it's finally coming to an end. Had a nice balance of singing and idling around, with everyone getting their own little arc. One of those shows where I felt like all the main characters were equal and had balanced screen time. The show was great and I'll miss it.

Jul 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Come true, everyone's dreams.
What a profound way to end this.
Jul 3, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
I knew it would end, but those feels still hurt.

Got to love how Hanayo was saying big news, and I knew it was a build up to a sequel. Wasn't expecting a movie though
Jul 4, 2014 8:08 PM

Aug 2008
Best idol anime ever.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
... eh...

Singing during the graduation ceremony, touching.

Credits song, probably the best one of the season (not a performance though).

They tacked a performance onto the end of the show?... felt out-of-place (the performance itself was good, the anime needed a LOT more of that)

The second season overall I thought was garbage compared to the first. There was zero conflict or drama, and the performances were not integrated into the show very well. The lack of (or poor presentation of) A-RISE as the "pros" didn't help either. I forced myself to finish this one: 3/10 (bad)
Jul 7, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2007
Nico's mama looks more cute saying the catch phrase of her daughter. And I love the song Honoka and all school sang on the ceremony!
Jul 8, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
Honoka's dad is still awesome XD. I enjoyed all of the music, I just wish they showed full versions instead of just part of it though.
Jul 8, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
BurntJelly said:
... eh...

Singing during the graduation ceremony, touching.

Credits song, probably the best one of the season (not a performance though).

They tacked a performance onto the end of the show?... felt out-of-place (the performance itself was good, the anime needed a LOT more of that)

The second season overall I thought was garbage compared to the first. There was zero conflict or drama, and the performances were not integrated into the show very well. The lack of (or poor presentation of) A-RISE as the "pros" didn't help either. I forced myself to finish this one: 3/10 (bad)

Ouch.

You're a harsh critic.
Salmon is delicious.
Jul 9, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
I take it that the emergency is a teaser for the upcoming movie.

A brilliant ending to a great fun series, which got progressively better as it went along.

It was obvious that Nico would choose Hanayo as the next president, but the stuff that Hanayo said after that was a bit... odd? Or did I just not understand it properly. Oh well. Whatever.

I will, of course, be watching the film when it becomes available. Although I really don't know how they could stretch it beyond that? Maybe they won't.

Either way, great series. I'm so glad I watched it. And I was right - it is a series watched in a marathon. That's how I watched the first one. And that's how I watched the last 5 episodes of this one - I should have paused my watching of it sooner so I could have marathoned more.

Oh well. Whatever.

A great way to finish the spring season, in preparation to start on the new summer stuff this weekend.

And finally...

さぁ...夢を叶えるのはみんなの勇気...

8/10
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 9, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
A very enjoyable last ep for a really fun series! I can't wait for the movie to come out! c:
Jul 9, 2014 6:30 PM
Jun 2014
NICO NICO NII!
Jul 10, 2014 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
"Happy Maker", a fitting name for the last song considering that was my strongest emotion this episode. I love Honoka's idea to make her speech into a song, that was so sweet. The reminiscing and bonding of Muse was very touching now that it's finally come to an end...or has it? Looking forward to that movie, started laughing so hard when Hanayo's phone rang and she was super excited cause I'm just thinking "BIG NEWS!!"

Season 2 was a huge step up and had so many emotional moments as well as more performances. I'm glad they didn't squeeze in drama like with Kotori in S1 and stuck strictly to the journey towards Love Live. The way the girls bonded knowing that their time was dwindling was very heartwarming as well, I probably could have learned from them if I had watched this a few years ago.

+1 for each member of Muse, 9/10.
Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
LOL nico's mother doing nico nico nii was awesome.

Gonna miss this show so bad. I love every character so much.

This has been a great series and i love that Snow Halation gets a special episode in this season cause imo it was the best out of the 6 pv. I just love the song and costume of it.

Nice to see Nozomi with her Snow Halation hairstyle, best hairstyle for her.

Its sad that there probably wont ever be a 3rd season for the anime but i can get some temporary consolation with the movie. Hope that more and more amazing song will come from muse. 10/10
Jul 21, 2014 5:37 PM
Aug 2009
nowascki said:

This has been my issue mostly the whole second season.
The whole Love Live thing felt like some side thing. We got what? maybe 4 episodes (and not full ones) dedicated to it and even then it was just a performance once a while.

I dunno, i was really hoping for something more like the competition songs and characters, especially since it felt like in the first episode it would have been taken serious but sadly it wasn't at all.

And then ofc the ending. Why can't a show nowdays end normal for once? You make all that buildup for like 3 episodes in a row and then turn around "but wait, its not done yet, fooled ya!". If the show ended there it would have an actual impact, now it feels really meh.
AssirraJul 21, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
The scene where Honoka is reminiscing about their past really got me :'( The original 3 girls where they were starting to dance, Maki and Rin learning Nico Nico Ni~~, and then Hanayo learning to be more flexible....I REMEMBER IT ALL </3

BUT YO IM SUPER EXCITED FOR THE FILM, more lovely Muse songs to hear!
I didn't know how much I enjoyed idol animes until this one. I'm thinking of starting Idolm@sters then.

Muse forever~
Nico Nico Nii~~~

Assirra said:
And then ofc the ending. Why can't a show nowadays end normally for once? You make all that buildup for like 3 episodes in a row and then turn around "but wait, its not done yet, fooled ya!". If the show ended there it would have an actual impact, now it feels really meh.

Well they needed to do that for the film announcement lol. (Also I fixed some of your grammar, no probz)
Jul 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
A nice ending for the season, though I wonder what is next, especially how long and emphasized the parting was...

It was probably better than the first season, though it was still plagued by certain problems, like playing a joke too long (especially in the first few episodes) and going rather melodramatic and sentimental towards the ending (coming from someone who is sentimentalist himself). Anyway, it wasn't bad. Umi and Maki a best girls. 6/10.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM

» [Spoilers] Should I watch the music videos/OVAs?

Kayroad - Dec 18, 2023

6 by Kayroad »»
Dec 19, 2023 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.