Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Ookami Nante Kowakunai Chapter 6 Discussion

Jun 29, 2014 3:49 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, so this is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Just so, bland. Outside of the baseball framing, there really isn't anything unique about this work, that I feel separates it from anything else Togashi's has written. & the way Todoroki wins here, is so plainly shonen that it barely mustered any enjoyment out of it. I also feel he's the least recognizable MC Togashi has, at least between his other works. More of just an archetype, without anything else about him that's unique or gives him something more.

*Edit*

Actually, I just remembered, Level E incorporated Baseball into it before, meaning that as it stands now, there really is nothing in this work that you can't see done better in another one of his works.

*End Edit*

Anyway, I'd rank the stories bundled here like this . . .

I. Occult Detective Group II
II. Horror Angel
III. Tonda Birthday Present
IV. Occult Detective Group
V. Ookami Nante Kowakunai
VI. Buttobi Straight

With the first three being worth reading, four & five being decent reads & the last spot, which goes to this one, not being worth it. The top three roughly get a 7/10, the next tier would be a 6/10 & finally the last story gets a 5/10 from me. So overall, I'd give this collection a 6/10.
Modified by Terrestrious, Oct 10, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2, 2016 2:13 PM

i didn't enjoyed that one shot i was just like when this stuff will end it's so boring even worst than the "Horror Angel" one the first 3 stories were way better than the next three especially Occult Detective Group ones i could follow an entire series from those