Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great to see the show back this week.

We get the continuation of the match and the atmosphere is intense. Some of the plays made me chuckle a bit though. On another note, I'm liking the OST of this particular episode when it captured some of Eijun's stunned moments.

The last few moments gave me a sigh of relief though. Brilliance was achieved this episode with its return. Loved it!

Stark700Jun 28, 2014 6:02 PM
Jun 28, 2014 5:48 PM
Jan 2014
Guy on second, 1 out...
Guess walking in high school baseball not allowed?
Sawamura pls
dan123222123Jun 28, 2014 5:57 PM
Jun 28, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2010
The coach puts his confidence into Sawamura. It felt kind of good to see it!
Raichi hitting fouls just so he could hit Sawamura's best throw.
The showdown was pretty intense! That aura and his best throw. Raichi is got that though!
Sawamura losing himself and later got taken off the mound before the promised time. He was that close from breaking before the coach and Chris said those words.
Yakushi's momentum skyrocketed after the double point from Raichi's home run.
Kawakami accidentally threw it too high! Masuko with that catch making it a double play!!! Knocking now the almost unstoppable momentum Yakushi was going to build.
I thought the step was going to be Tanba. It being a messanger :P Tanba looks ready though! A team that gives the pitcher confidence!!!
Jun 28, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
poor Eijun :-( I knew Raichi would hit it though. he's a BEAST
Jun 28, 2014 6:45 PM

Dec 2010
Whew, great play by Masuko.

The facedown between Sawamura and Raichi was INTENSE. Sucks for Eijun, but it's a good experience for him.
Jun 28, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
Ace of Diamond back on track after that one week break. Liking the intensity between Sawamura and Raichi. Unfortunately that homer shattered his pitching spirit but looks like Tanba might be coming up on the mound soon. That last catch by the third baseman was marvelous :d
Jun 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2009
THE FEEELS~

Such a great episode. seriously my feelings were all over the place. Well worth the wait. Best episode yet

Jun 28, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
Awww, too bad for Sawamura :(
I wonder if Sanada has some kind of injury... :O

Nice week will be mostly about Kawakami, I don't mind though, since it's SHIMONO HIRO! <3
Jun 28, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2012
Didnt like this ep. :/ Hopefully next ep is better.
Jun 28, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
lovexLuffy said:
THE FEEELS~

Such a great episode. seriously my feelings were all over the place.

YEAHH. Oh I felt so bad for Eijun when Raichi struck out, but that was excellent. And that catch at the end; shows how unpredictable the sport can be! Love.
Jun 28, 2014 9:12 PM

Feb 2010
2 words:
SO INTENSE

But it felt like they dragged on in this episode a bit longer, i dont like too much tension in sport series, but it was good to see Sawamura dumbstruck at that hit, nevertheless it was a good episode.
Jun 28, 2014 9:40 PM

Nov 2013
Oh man, I totally know how it feels to feel like you didn't play up to your coach's expectations - it's definitely hard to shake off such an event (especially if you don't have a lot of experience!)

I really adore how realistic this series is; emotions are rampant, "luck plays" do happen, errors happen, and the opponents are actual players with actual strengths and weaknesses.

Let's go Kawakami! Side-arm pitches all the waaaay~
Jun 28, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely felt bad for Sawamura... the eyes man, the eyes... :-(

The sound, as always, keeps getting better and better.

And Masuko-senpai! You are awesome!!
Jun 29, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
Man, it's a real shame Sawamura had to suffer that. Sawamura was confident with his pitch but Raichi still managed to hit a home run. It's alright, Sawamura. ;~; Masuko's save was awesome though!! Geez, even Tanba's getting really serious while practicing. Can't wait to see him soon~
Jun 29, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2013
Why dont they just walk the motherfucker?
Jun 29, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2010
Ahaha, Chris who apologizes in Sawamura's place for the boss thing.

Really, this show is really brave on making Sawamura lose in that occasion, I appreciate what they have done, this gives chances to Sawamura to develope even more.

It seems from the preview that Tanba will come back next week, looking forward to it.
Jun 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that homer scene was so cool.
Jun 29, 2014 2:47 AM

Oct 2013
these past 2 episodes had me doki doki for every catching and pitching... very nicely played!!
Jun 29, 2014 4:37 AM
Mar 2013
better luck next time eijun XD but I really like to see haruichi next episode as a pinch hitter XD
Jun 29, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2011
Intense episode ! Was probably the best of the series.
The OST and animation was perfect.
Jun 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
You know what, you can talk about pride and risk and what not, but I would have just walked the guy, there's no way he wasn't getting a home run being that fired up and having already seen Sawamura's pitch and getting coaching advice on how to hit it. Now the game is close again and it's pretty much just cause they refuse to try to avoid the superstar batter.
Jun 29, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
Sourire said:
Lol Seido? Intentionally walking a batter? That's not something they do...
Jun 29, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
This ep was friggin HYPE!!! I was on the edge of my chair!

Really felt sad for Eijun. That was an epic pitch. His face of despair he was making after getting switched out was hard to watch and so was the face he was making when he was trying to keep himself calm. But as Chris and Coach said, this was a great experience for Eijun. I'm sure he'll come out of this one stronger than ever :D

Lol'd how they reacted to him calling coach Boss! XD

AND DAMN!!!!!! RAICHI IS A FRIGGIN MONSTER!! The dude is BEAST!!! O_O

Nice save by Masuko. He got the tempo back to Seidou :D It's becoming more obvious that Sanada has some issues, injury? Stamina? sth like that for sure.

Loving this much a lot. And I can totally understand the audience with how they cheer Yakushi. The team is too fun to watch :D
Jun 29, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
I felt so bad for Eijun! :'( It's just that Raichi's crazy and can hit anything. Anyway, awesome episode. YES MASUKO!!

Sourire said:

Probably their pride as a pitcher would go down.
Jun 29, 2014 4:03 PM

May 2012
after 1 week break glad to have epic ep..

Jun 29, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Pknoctis said:
Sourire said:
Lol Seido? Intentionally walking a batter? That's not something they do...
yeah well it surely paid off amirite? lol.
Jun 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2014
I felt so bad for Sawamura :/ His eyes looked messed up after that home run.. And shoutout to Masuko for making that double play lol
Jun 29, 2014 6:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Eijuuun ;_; I seriously teared up when he was trying so hard to get back up after that home run, and then that moment when the coach switched him with Kawakami...and of course I know that all the team members are super nice and don't blame Eijun at all for that home run, but it's like coach Todoroki said, their kindness must hurt. But great job Masuko, that was a wonderful play. Changing the tide once again.
Jun 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2013
Sourire said:

I believe it was to throw off the other their momentum. If Raichi got beat again, then the team's morale would definitely drop. I guess it was a gamble for Seido that was lost.
Jun 30, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2011
This is the first series about baseball which I have never seen someone walk intentionally...

Pride? Honor? Moral? What about the others series? They didn't have these?
Jun 30, 2014 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
Should have walked Raichi, would have been much better. Also judging by the last scene and the preview of next episode Tanba's coming to the mound, three cheers!!!
Jun 30, 2014 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
To the guys talking about walking Raichi, you do realise that he probably wouldn't have allowed that. He'd have kept hitting for fouls, thus increasing the pitch count which would go against Seido.
Jun 30, 2014 10:06 PM

Dec 2010
yhunata said:
To the guys talking about walking Raichi, you do realise that he probably wouldn't have allowed that. He'd have kept hitting for fouls, thus increasing the pitch count which would go against Seido.
In an intentional walk, the catcher can stand up and have the pitcher throw out.

Intentional walks are risky, and remember, the five-hole is a pretty good batter too. Having Raichi on base with 0 outs and batters coming up could be riskier than having Sawamura face off Raichi...I suppose. Since he jammed him before, they thought he had a chance he could do it again.
PknoctisJun 30, 2014 10:14 PM
Jul 1, 2014 8:33 AM
Mar 2013
the atmosphere was soo intense *-*
too bad fo Eijun ;-;
Jul 2, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2014
Next week more yuki. *.*
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jul 2, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Sawamura... ;(

But this was great episode!
Jul 2, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2012
Kitoge said:
I believe it was to throw off the other their momentum. If Raichi got beat again, then the team's morale would definitely drop. I guess it was a gamble for Seido that was lost.

I'm with you on that. Walking Raichi would totally be a disservice to Seido since they were trying to shake off Yakushi. Obviously didn't work but they tried.

The OST used in this episode was superb, it paid off having a week without episode to have such tense and amazing adaptation.
"I don’t know what you want out of nationals, but who sets their goals on something anyone can go to? We try because it’s hard. It’s a dream because it takes a lot of work." - Jun Isashiki, Diamond no Ace S2E51.
Jul 5, 2014 2:24 AM
Mar 2014
very intense yet fun episode to watch. musko stepped up big at the end there. poor sawamura though giving up 2 runs to raichi though! cant wait to see tanba pitch
Jul 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2011
A homerun is inevitable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. First time Seido has had it that hard. Wonder if they'll make it to the final.

I'd really love to see an off field conversation between Sawamura and Raichi
Jul 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
The more I watch this show the more I dislike it. I don't know why, but this adaptation so unimaginative. Paint-in-numbers sports shounen. Rather than improve upon its source material, it degrades it by stretching the length of an episode with boring-as-hell static reaction shots from everyone on the team, taking around 7 seconds each time something of import happens. Each time. Which is multiple times and episode (and doesn't include numerous pitcher/batter stare offs).

I get that it's supposed to make everything seem more "cool" but when the directors only rarely change-up this stock formula it just makes the characters look like pretentious showy narcissists. And when everyone is acts like aliens I can't buy into the "realistic setting".

Maybe I'm just running on negative emotions here, but Raichi+Haruichi's VA work and animated bat swings seem to be the only thing stopping me from dropping this show to the curb. Oh, and lingering affection for the characters. Oh, and Chris. ♥

It just frustrates me so much. They give us an interesting baseball game but inject zero soul into their final product. What the hell are you doing, studio? *breathes into hands*

Edit:
RediceRyan said:
Damn, that would be wonderful. The series is dearly in need of some decent character interaction. 85% of it is joke fodder with little relevancy to the persons themselves.

Whoops, still in rant mode. /gomen
currycurryJul 7, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 16, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
That face Sawamura makes at 14:14 is priceless.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Dec 18, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2011
It's not a bad episode. However, I hate it when they make it all about "team" effort and in the end I as a viewer get lost and have no one to support. In the end the Yakushi team seemed much more appealing than Seido to me and I consider this a plot failure. The coach was definitely better than Seido's and their players had more personality and life.
Everything else was ok I guess. Tension was there and decent strategies etc to keep our interest
Mar 13, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2011
currycurry said:
The more I watch this show the more I dislike it. I don't know why, but this adaptation so unimaginative. Paint-in-numbers sports shounen. Rather than improve upon its source material, it degrades it by stretching the length of an episode with boring-as-hell static reaction shots from everyone on the team, taking around 7 seconds each time something of import happens. Each time. Which is multiple times and episode (and doesn't include numerous pitcher/batter stare offs).

I get that it's supposed to make everything seem more "cool" but when the directors only rarely change-up this stock formula it just makes the characters look like pretentious showy narcissists. And when everyone is acts like aliens I can't buy into the "realistic setting".

Maybe I'm just running on negative emotions here, but Raichi+Haruichi's VA work and animated bat swings seem to be the only thing stopping me from dropping this show to the curb. Oh, and lingering affection for the characters. Oh, and Chris. ♥

It just frustrates me so much. They give us an interesting baseball game but inject zero soul into their final product. What the hell are you doing, studio? *breathes into hands*

Edit:
RediceRyan said:
Damn, that would be wonderful. The series is dearly in need of some decent character interaction. 85% of it is joke fodder with little relevancy to the persons themselves.

Whoops, still in rant mode. /gomen
The directing is also one of the problems I have with the show, it kind of annoys me every time whenever a character is uncertain or down, other characters would say something motivating just at the right time, and the character would have this huge realizing face on, and the background would turn white. It happens a lot especially with Eijun, recently with 'boss' 'consoling' him after he got switched out.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 27, 2015 2:36 AM

Oct 2014
Once again a great episode. Wasn't expecting him to get a home run off sawamura's best pitch!
Aug 17, 2015 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
I had a hard time watching this episode. :'(
Aug 20, 2015 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh, seems they really are gonna go with the Tanba last pitch win after all. Corny as hell...

Other then that, really liking this arc.
Dec 27, 2016 11:06 PM

Sep 2015
Masuko nice play!!
Looks like Tanba is ready at any moment now when they need him.
May 19, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2016
Eijun's shocked open mouthed expression though... Oh Gods. Raichi, please disappear... It was really cute when Furuya hit the wall lmao xD
Ohhhhhhhhh no. The moment I heard the music box soundtrack noise paired with Eijun's horrified face, I felt so bad. Everyone was so nice even though he had just given away a two run homer, I don't think I've ever seen him look so distraught since the beginning of the show when he said goodbye to his friends. FUDGE! The moment I saw Coach Kataoka's face, I had already imagined the words he was thinking inside his head. "A pitcher who is easily swayed by his mistakes on the mound does not deserve to be pitching." Or something like that... Jesus, this is going to have a dent on Sawamura, he was on a roll with the "Osh! Osh! Osh!".
Jan 13, 2018 5:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Home Run destroyed the Sawamura moral!!!
This is true, he lacks experience!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.