Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2014 1:18 PM

Jun 2013
I had a feeling that a majority of the audience who didn't keep up with the collection of music Jin created would be confused. But this was rushed to the "good end" (there was a little Outer Science). Each episode was roughly based on each song as well as trying to hold a linear plot which gave its spotty execution. Knowing that already, I'm still satisfied with what they can make with this (but that is just my fan-boy speaking) and still had a legitimate ending. I'm sure given enough time, Shaft could execute this even better given they were probably busy with the Monogateri series and I heard they animated the Super Smash Brothers announcement of Paulina too. I'm just going to consider this a service to the fans of the Kagerou Project.
I'm pretty sure Jin himself sung the last song "Summer Record' too :)
Akio-kunJun 28, 2014 1:23 PM
Jun 28, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
Amaya-dono said:
Raniero said:

Ayano looks so cute without her scarf.
Her long hair and that dress are perfect.

Only reason to watch the show.

The character designs was what I enjoyed the most (+the Opening). The rest left me completely indifferent. 5/10
Jun 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
I wish they could've shown the other loops or had made this longer... It just feels too short. As a fan of the original sources, I thought this was a pretty good adaptation, though I wish we could've gotten a second season. Kind of impossible for one now, since everything was wrapped up.
wow gay
Jun 28, 2014 1:21 PM
Jun 2013
I'm a big fan of KagePro but I was really disappointed with this anime; especially in this last episode. It felt very rushed as a whole.

They should've made this at least a 24 episode anime; There's plenty of material for that!

They could've shown some of the other routes along with Kano and Seto's past and their days in the orphanage among many things.

They screwed up.
Jun 28, 2014 1:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fencel said:

Thank you, that was really helpful.

I only watched the MVs after the first episode, and read the manga translation up to a certain chapter, so I was able to appreciate the overall story line. Honestly though, I don't care if this is an extension of Kagerou Project, because the anime really wasn't that great. I haven't the LNs, but I can say that I enjoyed the manga a lot more than this, and I have a feeling I would probably enjoy the LN too if I were to read it in the future. Even a few of the MVs made me cry, and I'm not even a fan of vocaloids. So yeah, this being an extension of the Kagerou Project doesn't necessarily excuse the fact that this anime really wasn't that great in terms of execution as well as the animation. But it at least did make me want to get into Kagerou Project.
Jun 28, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Summertime Record is a huge trigger for me. I can't stop the tears.
Well it was mediocre, but at least I now understand Outer Science. So that's where the budget went!
Some parts are still so confusing, I'm glad I read the novel.
But they had no right to make Ayano alive again I mean, she wasn't even in Summertime Record.
Jun 28, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Hibiya's ability is great. Hehe, he really saw the ladies' bath.

Jun 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Dec 2013
And it's over.
It was a good episode. Like the series as a whole, it had it's fair share of awesome moments but at the same time had parts that felt rushed. It has certainly made me want to reread the ln/manga and rewatch the PV's..

Overall, not bad. Just wish it had a bigger budget.
Jun 28, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2013
So much intriguing build-up and then we get this ending...
I'm not going to completely, utterly destroy my rating of this anime on the ending, but man did they screw that up. This needed either two seasons or a couple more episodes(which is tough since with how the season formula works it's either 12-13 episodes or 24-26 episodes).

I feel very unfilled and i'll drop my final rating by 2 and give it a final grade of 6/10.
Jun 28, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 2014
I think the episode in itself wa alright but for my tastte, it's too cliché. I'm not saying I want them to die or anything but come on, Ayano came just because Shintaro went to look for her? really?. Kuroha's fight was epic but too short and I don't understand the part of him saying "Give me more wishes" I didn't really get it.

I wish they actually did an OVA or something going through a bad route, it would me more interesting, they could even make a movie or something out of this. It was 7-8/10 for me
Jun 28, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
well, that was god awful... 3/10 should have dropped it ages ago. what a waste of time
Jun 28, 2014 2:22 PM
Feb 2014
What the hell...

I mean, really, what the hell???

I didn't understand that ending at all... what the hell happened???

I feel like a guy who went through hours of traffic in a car with a broken air conditioner on a burning hot day just to get ice cream at a shop on the opposite side of town, only to find the ice cream shop CLOSED...

I really kinda had hopes that this anime would shine in the last couple of episodes and blow me away on the last with some mind-blowing conclusion... Instead, all i got was half-baked explanations and just a bunch o seemingly random events leading to a happy conclusion...

I mean, sure, I bet if I'd watch all the original songs and read the LNs (im reading the manga) it may all make sense, but come on man, surely the anime could've tried to make some things comprehensible to the average anime viewer such as myself (i think I at least qualify as having average intelligence...)

But, story confusion aside, I found this episode esp awkward. The fight scenes looked really awkward n stupid, especially in the first half. I really didn't like the Shaft influence in this episode...

The only good thing thing abt his episode the last scene with Shintaro and Ayano.

Overall, I had hopes of giving this series an 8/10, but I just gave it a 5. I even contemplated a 4, but I kinda liked a lot of the ideas and if some things were done better, I really would have loved the show... maybe I'll change my mind and give it a 6 later after my mind sorts whatever it was that last episode was... I mean, I really liked the character designs and the OP and I did enjoy watching some of the characters, but ugh... bad story telling just ruins everything...
Duri1nJun 28, 2014 2:36 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 28, 2014 2:39 PM
Mar 2014
I don't know what my feelings are doing!!! :'( At least Kuroha finally appeared.

So....Kuroha and Konoha both died ? :| ..And if that's so, and Haruka is still alive...what was that moment with Haruka saying to Shintaro that he shouldn't cry and he doesn't have much time left? A-and...in the end..that Shintaro's memory..of Konoha running..was it implying that he still remembers his friend? Damn I'll miss that white android :'|
Jun 28, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
meh, rushed ending. loved the moments of angst throughout the series.

7/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 28, 2014 2:50 PM
Jan 2014
If I have to be honest, the insert songs, OP and ED made this anime for me.
The story telling part was confusing at first, but it got a bit better later on.
The animation could have used a lot more work, as well.

But overall, since this is part of the Kagerou Project, I will rate this 7/10 overall.
I think I'll get into the light novels when Yen Press starts releasing them, for a proper look at a different route of the story.
Jun 28, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty big fanboy of the series so this left me feeling empty.

Even with all the bias I have for it the best I'm going to give this is a 4/10, can't even bring myself to try to defend it since... everything about it was terrible.
Jun 28, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
I did enjoy this anime, even if I'm more confused than ever. I believe I'm going to watch/read the original material, just so I can figure out what the hell was going on.

I'm giving it a 7/10, it could change after I get through the source material.
Jun 28, 2014 2:59 PM

Nov 2008
I totally went with whatever this show pulled because I expected it all to become clear in the end. It... didn't.

Show gets an 8/10 because I really did love it until this episode. Not only did it end things in a confusing, clearly rushed manner, but the animation was also really uncharacteristically bad. It's nice that it ended happily (I think it did??? idk for the last ten minutes I had no idea anymore) but... how? And why? And where? What when huh oh okay sure...

I guess I'll have a lot of things to read now. Going anime-only probably wasn't the best idea ever.
Jun 28, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
It was disappointing.

First episode was unique, and as it went on it became full-on cliché.
Most important of all, it was boring.
Art was nice though

4/10

PS: It seems that this season was plagued by dull shows
Jun 28, 2014 3:17 PM
Jan 2014
personally, ayano + ayano alive + her dress at the end= 10/10

but really... i give it 6/10 cuz it was bad.. it's like a one messed up composition

i cant wait for the songs ^0^
Jun 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Where did Ayano's scarf go lol?
Jun 28, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2011
For a positive note, SHAFT made Ayano very pretty in the last few minutes :D
Jun 28, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
I'm kinda hurt right here, it was really rushed and that low budget is killing me, plus, Kuroha feeled like it was there for the sake of a 'WTF let's put him in the anime to punch them a little and then beg, so the fans will be happy' thing. This deserves something much better. Still giving it a 7/10 just because I love KagePro.

Raniero said:

And for this!
GrazihJun 28, 2014 3:55 PM
Jun 28, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 2010
that ending was so fast...i feel it is just like Angel Beats with more happy ending. Still i love the songs tho
Jun 28, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Cheers for the powerpoint presentation at the end.

Seriously, the music video has better animation.

6/10
renzbiohazardJun 28, 2014 4:10 PM
Recommend me an anime
Jun 28, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Does the manga do the story justice? Since I'd like to start as ahead as possible in the light novels without missing any key information by reading the manga chapters that are out first.
NYANPASU~!
Jun 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
Had potential , then again what really matters in any story is the end
The end could either make or break the whole thing , and since it sucked the show failed miserably.
Jun 28, 2014 4:33 PM
May 2014
OK but rushed ending 6/10 - not terribad. A bit of a letdown just because the last few episodes actually managed to bring the show up a bit, though I guess I'd be even more disappointed if I read the original materials beforehand. Speaking of which, now's the time to get myself there...
Jun 28, 2014 4:37 PM
Jun 2010
I hate Shaft style, I hope they go out of business.
Jun 28, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
I'm pretty satisfied with the ending, but to me, it just felt like its missing several stuff in it and the last episode was rushed. I wished there are more episodes in here to cover up most of these stuff that are not present.

The first half is inconsistent and pretty much crammed up in a 12 episode series. Shaft did okay in here, so I'll give this a 6.5/10.

Jun 28, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
The story was alright I guess, but I'm so confused.

Can somebody explain this to me?:
In the end - Did haruka remember everything again?
(Thinking about the wish-thingy a lil earlier)
Is haruka even alive?
WHAT DID HE MEAN WHEN HE SAID "I don't have much time left, do I?" AND THEN.. I THINK I SEE HIM AT THE END ..
Someone explain this to me and I'll praise you for the rest of my life ;_;
Jun 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Feb 2014
I got to be honest. This series was so rushed. It was messed up and rushed as heck. I am glad that they kept everybody alive, though. Although the last episode felt like I was a 10-minute episode. I give it a 5/10, just for keeping everyone alive and ending the snake.
Jun 28, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Yep as I thought the Finale didnt clear up most of my confusion regarding the plot...

It's hard for me to rate this series, I mean, the parts I understand were pretty good, but there was just too many shit I did NOT understand... saa maybe I'm dumb

Like many others here I get the feelings a few extra episodes would have done the trick... too bad, another potentialy great anime wasted

Ps: If you need a slightly mad characther on the brink of completely losing his mind after defeat, Mamoru is definetly your guy... Nails it every time
Jun 28, 2014 5:34 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know what the hell happened this whole series, and unfortunately this episode did nothing to clear it up, only made it worse with some deus ex machina. I have a feeling this could have been a hugely successful psychological series like Madoka if they had better storytelling, but instead they left me too confused.

4/10
Jun 28, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
okay friends
now for the real question
where do we get that version of summertime record
[right]
Jun 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
I think this was the "true ending" but just a representation of it, like if they are showing to us how the "true ending" is but not really happening in the anime, and I think this way due to Marry last words, she says something like "it might have been this way if I had done that", so it's like it didn't really happened, but will happen.

Btw, I don't know if someone already said that, probably yes but I'm just showing my opinion on the ending, I'm not rating the episode but trying to understand it.
Jun 28, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
InTheOtherWorld said:
Moodie said:
its his direction

he is basically ran everything in this anime

Shinbo directed this, not Jin. You can blame him for weird animation quirks. Jin does not control the quality of the animation itself, Shaft is also responsible for this. You can blame the story on Jin, but the animation is all Shaft.
overall, the animation is better than the story, so Jin is more to blame
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 28, 2014 6:03 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Sonority said:
okay friends
now for the real question
where do we get that version of summertime record

it's been confirmed that the covers will be coming out with the volumes..
so whenever the last bd comes out (I think decemeber?)
Jun 28, 2014 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
Zelot said:
it's been confirmed that the covers will be coming out with the volumes..
so whenever the last bd comes out (I think decemeber?)

kind of a long wait.. but i have no choice so this should suffice
[right]
Jun 28, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2009
I honestly don't care what anyone says, I liked this series and this ending. At least this anime is a WHOLE lot better then how Black Rock Shooter was as an anime which was damned horrible.

Also, I love when Takane went Ene on that one guy who caught her and screamed in his ear and made him piss his pants by firing 4 very close shots at him after saying "Violence isn't my thing, either, I'm a delicate flower after all." xD
Cy_ManJun 28, 2014 6:31 PM
Jun 28, 2014 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
i have no idea what was going on most of the series
but still. i give it a generous 6/10
Jun 28, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
Amaya-dono said:
Raniero said:

Her long hair and that dress are perfect.

Only reason to watch the show.

Agreed.
My Candies:
Jun 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Oct 2007
ilok said:
I hate Shaft style, I hope they go out of business.

I don't think the company has to completely go out of business but a massive scaling back in their popularity and as Aniplexs premiere go to studio as well as a breather from Shinbo antics would be more than welcome as an industry trend. Honestly he may have put them on the map with his whole gimmicky style but at this point it seems clear that he's holding them back creatively with his whole spastic and needlessly confusing and pretentious directing style. I want to see a Shaft series without him having any say whatsoever at some ppoint again just to see how it'd look.
Jun 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2011
Knoha was Kuraha : 0

Gonna watch the MV's now to get a better understanding of Kagrou Daze
Jun 28, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
The ending feels kind of... dumb?
Why would Kuroha not kill them in this timeline when he have done that already in the wrong ones? It just feels like Jin did not knew how to end it.
I think the interactions between the MekakushiDan where nice (and funny at times) and would like to see more of it. It also felt really rushed, if we had more 5 episodes the plot could have been shown better.
Won`t rate it . I would feel bad for giving it a low score since is such a dear story to me.
Jun 28, 2014 7:19 PM
Nov 2013
Man, the animation kind sucked. And the ending left me really confused, but I liked the happy ending.

I love SHAFT, but they could've done a lot better. 6/10 because I really enjoyed the music. Should I read the manga or the novels?
F0RMATIONJun 29, 2014 7:20 PM
Jun 28, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
welp that's over with thought this was okay until the end were it just felt super rushed and left me even more confused than the start.

though Ayano without that stupid scarf was nice.

as a whole i give this a 7/10 this ending gets like a 5, I love you SHAFT but this was almost like Sasami-san level but at least that had a better budget,honestly would had preferred if they had just let some other studio do this least that way i could had gotten more Nieskoi! ;-;
Jun 28, 2014 7:31 PM
Oct 2011
I actually really liked the series. Though I do say the last episode felt rush in that it had inconclusive answers. But it was very nicely wrapped up if you used your head to think a bit.
Jun 28, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2013
Raniero said:

Indeed she is. Also, with that dress.
Jun 28, 2014 8:34 PM

Sep 2007
I am disappoint that there wasn't much reaction over Shintaro & Ayano re-entering the scene.
Even more upset there wasn't really an explanation whatsoever about his eyes (It's from a snake right? Why isn't it called back to Marry? So confused as heck....)

Oh well....I wasn't expecting much from this show in the first place. So in terms of the low standards I already expected of it...it matched perfectly.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.