Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 27, 2014 7:41 PM

I'm watching the "Kara no Kyoukai" series now and I love it so far, but as the title says, I'm looking for an adventure movie now.

I'm looking for:

- Like the title says, an adventure movie that's at least 1hr long, and not too old.

- Fantastic animation, (if there are battles in the movie, I'd love for them to be like Sword of the stranger, just very fluid and intense).

- Bright colors and great scenery that pops out like 5cm per second (anything comparable to Shinkai's works really)

- Nothing with a sad ending

Any and all recommendations are very much appreciated!

Here's my list for everything I've watched/rated: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dofy
Modified by Tugglesworth, Jun 27, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 28, 2014 4:43 AM

mononoke hime
Munch munch, chomp chomp, gobble gobble, gulp.

Jun 28, 2014 5:09 AM

You've got it on your ptw and its summer wars.

That has everything you want.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Jun 28, 2014 5:12 AM

gedenkaffe said:
mononoke hime

1+

Secret world of Arrietty..

Jun 28, 2014 7:19 AM
The Princess and the Pilot (Adventure + Romance)

Jun 28, 2014 8:47 AM

Thanks for the rec's so far everyone, I've only seen Princess Mononoke and it's a favorite of mine.

I also just finished, Origins: Spirits of the past and I enjoyed it. Would have liked more adventure as the start was a bit slow, but overall good flick.

thepath said:
The Princess and the Pilot (Adventure + Romance)

This looks great, and a series is based off it?

Masked_Mantis said:

This has interested me for a while,m I love the title of it to. I'm guessing it doesn't have a sad ending then? I don't think I can take a heavy hearted sad ending right now haha.

Jun 28, 2014 8:51 AM

Dofy said:

Masked_Mantis said:

This has interested me for a while,m I love the title of it to. I'm guessing it doesn't have a sad ending then? I don't think I can take a heavy hearted sad ending right now haha.
There's a slightly sad part of the plot, but the ending is very happy, and the overall feel of the movie is about family and friends getting along.

I'd say its very happy overall. It would be tough to say much without spoilers :)
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Jun 28, 2014 8:56 AM

Maybe you can try Brave Story?

Jun 28, 2014 9:08 AM

Masked_Mantis said:
Dofy said:

There's a slightly sad part of the plot, but the ending is very happy, and the overall feel of the movie is about family and friends getting along.

I'd say its very happy overall. It would be tough to say much without spoilers :)

Perfect! That's all I needed to know. I'm all for sad parts to make you emotionally invested, but like ending on a high/happy note. I'll definitely end up giving this a watch. Have a decision to make among these great rec's.

galimx said:
Sword of the Stranger

Thanks, I've seen it already though but it's probably top 2 favorite anime movies I've sen personally. Just loved it.

XYZSpiral said:
Maybe you can try Brave Story?

Interested in this one to, I like the voice cast especially. I might look up a trailer for it to see how the colors look and all the good stuff.

Jun 28, 2014 9:17 AM

Awesome, feel free to let me now what you thought of it.

Wolf Children is another brilliant movie, like princess mononoke. But that's more upsetting so I'd save it for another day.
Trance said:

Jun 28, 2014 10:13 AM

Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou - has good ending, nice animation, interesting plot
Mardock Scramble (3 movies) - I really enjoyed animation and visuals, good story and I consider ending to be good
Sennen Joyuu - story of life of japanese actress, has some sad moments. As for ending - that really depends on how you look at that whole situation

since you liked Mononoke Princess, also made by Miyazaki:
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
Majo no Takkyuubin
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa

p.s.
You don't have Mononoke Hime on your list - and since you said you've seen it I guess you forgot to put in on your list.

Jun 28, 2014 11:09 AM

Toshiru said:
Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou - has good ending, nice animation, interesting plot
Mardock Scramble (3 movies) - I really enjoyed animation and visuals, good story and I consider ending to be good
Sennen Joyuu - story of life of japanese actress, has some sad moments. As for ending - that really depends on how you look at that whole situation

since you liked Mononoke Princess, also made by Miyazaki:
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
Majo no Takkyuubin
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa

p.s.
You don't have Mononoke Hime on your list - and since you said you've seen it I guess you forgot to put in on your list.

Hmmm thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize I never added it so I will now.

As for the rec's I appreciate the little description with them. I haven't heard of most of those so I'll definitely have to look into them, thanks.