Forum Settings
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2014 6:24 AM
Sep 2013
Hoho~ I've been waiting for this, such a beautiful story. Can't get enough of it <3
Jun 26, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
Kitiara said:
babymilo91 said:
So they finally did it. Was Souta watching the whole thing? lol.

No, but he found a condom. That's what he gave back to Izumi. School pin is just a little lie.
http://mangafox.me/manga/horimiya/v05/c037/27.html

But even if it is a condom isn't it a used condom lol?

Jun 26, 2014 7:39 AM
Mar 2013
THEY HAVE DONE IT.

THEY HAVE DONE IT. IT WAS SO CUTE AND ASYDGASYDGASYFGYADHUDFHSA OMG MY FEELS MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS ASHYDAGSDGASHYDGASYDHGASDHAS
I cant understand how i am still alive
It was really unexpected and so cute,in a special way.Not like when it happens in other shoujo mangas. *an applause to the author please*

please someone give a miyamura to me please
Jun 26, 2014 8:15 AM
Apr 2014
Wow, totally unexpected. It happened so fast :o their relationship was so innocent, they were like "should we kiss each other?" a few chapters before.. and than bam, they done it. Lol still was a pretty good chapter.

THE RED KING
Jun 26, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
Love bites huh..

I have to admit that Souta part of the story was really creepy...

aceapple said:
But why did she bit him?

Maybe it was all according to Hori's plan to make his hair longer again :3c
TazuJun 26, 2014 8:41 AM
Jun 26, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
I'm really surprised about this chapter, seriously.
This chapter can take the manga to a whole new level, of drama and etc.

I don't think t's going to become a School Days style, but it does scary me.

Also, did they used protection? O_O
Jun 26, 2014 9:09 AM

Feb 2011
YellaTurtle said:
Skullcrusher said:
I don't see the problem with the two of them having sex, they are dating for quite some time, they love each other and there was nothing vulgar in the chapter, all was described in a romantic way.... I think it to be strange if they did not have sex, it's the story of two people that love each other, not the story of a priest and a nun.

That's true, but a lot have said that it felt rushed or that it escalated rather quickly. It probably explains my being uncomfortable as well as my excitement. I was hoping for more of a kiss and maybe in the later chapters, a tease before the actual thing.

There hasn't been that much of an insight of Hori and Miyamura wanting (to touch) each other, so it was quite a surprise.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the first half, but was rather upset for Souta.

Lice said:
Wow, totally unexpected. It happened so fast :o their relationship was so innocent, they were like "should we kiss each other?" a few chapters before.. and than bam, they done it. Lol still was a pretty good chapter.

Although people are defending it saying it's normal and all, but that's not the problem. They really did have trouble kissing for quite a while, and to jump into this so quickly with not much warning and really no hesitation (lol) was anticlimactic. I'm still a bit shocked that things went that smoothly for them.. hmm. I was expecting a bit more bumps! haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2014 9:19 AM
Nov 2012
Okay. So I just read the manga chapter again and now I finally understand it all.

Carks32 said:

You know, when girls have sex for their first time, they broke their hymen. And that kind of hurts, or at least that's what i've heard.

Now because of this, if you recall Hori cut down Miyamura's hair and he called it as payback & either she purposely gave it or because of how it hurt, like people said earlier.

And those who say it's a condom, it's most likely that it is. Though it might be that it wasn't used but more of one left off by Miyamura forgetfully.

But this seriously was one of the most awesome manga chapters I read in ages, which are actually still on going & new. Love it >.<
Jun 26, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2014
It can't be a condom

Miyamura looks at it and sees that its his school pin
Jun 26, 2014 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
Damn They Did it, It's like they went to a whole new level(Last time Miyamura was just Grinding Slime tho)
And Souta Saw it !!! It's hard to know where to start after this.I expect this manga to be somewhat an Innocent Romance kind of thing.It's not like it's bad but somehow it scale out too fast yet, Im still happy[Unexpected Chapter]
Jun 26, 2014 9:33 AM
Mar 2010
fynnian said:
xinchi said:
Totally didn't expect that from this manga o.o
But it's a good surprise nonetheless ^^

But something's really bothering me...

Yes yes he was and I think his in primary school note not sure I can never get the track of time on Manga
Jun 26, 2014 9:35 AM
Mar 2010
ranta said:
i didn't see that coming it was nice chapter but when did they had their first kiss.

They has it a long time ago he even kids her and took a candy directly from her mount abs she said he took my candy don't remember what chapter
Jun 26, 2014 9:41 AM
Mar 2010
Raven-kun said:
RomeoXD said:
That was sooo unexpected, didn't believe it at first. I always thought that this was a light hearted comedy series but never thought that sex would be involved.

This, am I the only one who disliked this progress? How the hell they went to progressing into something that serious?

Leave the sex scene out. Dafuq, they are like 17 years old? What's even more weird is that Souta knew. Here I was attempting to read just a light-hearted rom-com series..

This chapter seriously killed the series for me, drop down a rating. Can never look at this series the same ever again.

Weird seriously I think you forgot that the marriage age in Japan is 16 so sex at 17th pretty normal if you look at it plus in real life there are some who actually chi it at 14
Jun 26, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
37 Chapters just wow..
It didn't take that long but I just want to see what's going to happen next. Also what he told Souta was just wonderful.
Jun 26, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
What. What. What. That escalated too quickly.

The ending was really sweet but I can't stop stressing over Souta. Oh gosh, poor kid. How much did he see? Is this gonna affect something? Is it really back to normal for the three of them after those sweet words Miyamura said? I am worried.
Jun 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2011
They finally did it, huh. And Souta found it! The way Miyamura handled the situation was very mature.

I don't think it was unexpected, or escalating too quickly. They've been dating for a while, and ever since their first kiss, the sexual tension has always been there. Hori has been hinting about "doing more" and they finally did!
Souta was the unexpected factor here.
Jun 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Their first kiss was in chapter 27, for those who were wondering. As for the development in this chapter, there is absolutely nothing wrong with two high school seniors who have been dating for quite a while having sex. Souta saw it and was a bit traumatized, but kids see their parents doing it all the time without it being a huge deal. In this situation, Kyouko is more of a mother figure to Souta than a big sister, so it is kind of like that. I thought that Izumi handled it fantastically!

The rationale for her biting him? I think it has been pretty clear that she wasn't particularly pleased with the amount of attention other girls were giving Izumi after he cut his hair. In a way, I think she was "marking her territory" by leaving that bit mark on his neck, and letting him know that she prefers him with longer hair.

In any event, this was an absolutely great chapter! It started with some nice humorous girl talk, but then the girls telling Kyouko that she will scare Izumi away if she isn't girly enough totally fed into her insecurities about her own self-image and the way people's opinions of Izumi changed after his hair cut.

The thing that I absolutely loved about the chapter was how the intimacy of her calling him 'Izumi' started the cascade of emotions tumbling down, then, at the end, it is clear that they are no longer calling each other Myamura and Hori, but Izumi (Izumi-kun in public, of course) and Kyouko. That step forward in intimacy is an important part of a relationship, at least in manga and anime, and, one presumes, in Japanese culture as well.

I really love this series!
DalPuri said:
They finally did it, huh. And Souta found it! The way Miyamura handled the situation was very mature.

I don't think it was unexpected, or escalating too quickly. They've been dating for a while, and ever since their first kiss, the sexual tension has always been there. Hori has been hinting about "doing more" and they finally did!

Exactly! The sexual tension has been increasing steadily for several chapters. It was clear that they were heading toward a more intimate relationship.
[Edit: For instance, in chapter 31 - "Don't Interupt", the tension is thick enough to taste and Kyouko basically tells him she wants to be more intimate.]
zensunniJun 26, 2014 1:57 PM
Jun 26, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
Well ... I think they skipped some steps and did not follow the advice of Jake
They went straight to step 15! o.o

But they are still adorable! * w *
Jun 26, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2014
zensunni said:
The thing that I absolutely loved about the chapter was how the intimacy of her calling him 'Izumi' started the cascade of emotions tumbling down, then, at the end, it is clear that they are no longer calling each other Myamura and Hori, but Izumi (Izumi-kun in public, of course) and Kyouko. That step forward in intimacy is an important part of a relationship, at least in manga and anime, and, one presumes, in Japanese culture as well.

This x100.
Before that the last few chapters actually felt kind of slow, and I was hoping there would be more development. Most stories would result to having huge drama in order to force characters to change, but this chapter, while still being completely cute and lighthearted, addressed Hori's insecurities and emotions, which Miyamura wholeheartedly accepted, just like he always does. Her calling him Izumi was the sum of all of it, and so it goes from there.
Jun 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2008
xX_Ulquiorra_Xx said:
YellaTurtle said:

That's true, but a lot have said that it felt rushed or that it escalated rather quickly. It probably explains my being uncomfortable as well as my excitement. I was hoping for more of a kiss and maybe in the later chapters, a tease before the actual thing.

There hasn't been that much of an insight of Hori and Miyamura wanting (to touch) each other, so it was quite a surprise.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the first half, but was rather upset for Souta.

Lice said:

Although people are defending it saying it's normal and all, but that's not the problem. They really did have trouble kissing for quite a while, and to jump into this so quickly with not much warning and really no hesitation (lol) was anticlimactic. I'm still a bit shocked that things went that smoothly for them.. hmm. I was expecting a bit more bumps! haha.

If you go back to how they started dating it was exactly the same story. They were so shy around each other, scared to admit their feelings, and then suddenly bam, they are dating. It was also handled in a same, vague manner that left a lot to the imagination. It shows spontaneous, unexpected and imperfect situations that make the characters more believable. Yes, it is quite unexpected but very consistent to how the story progressed so far at the same time.

Souta seeing them do it isn't really that creepy. Something like this happens all the time and I'm sure it happened to many people here as well, me included (as in accidentally seeing/hearing your parents do it while you were still a child). From his childish perspective he might have seen them "wrestling" or "hugging each other naked", so I wouldn't be too worried about his mental state.

Also big +1 to zensunni, said exactly what I had in mind. :D
Jun 26, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2008
Souta's reaction at the end felt a bit out of character for me. I hope the next chapter would elaborate more on how Souta came about seeing them? I was surprised because it seemed like no one was home when they did it? And even if Hori's family were home, surely they would've been more careful or at least wait until no one was home or stop at a certain point? Idk i might just be overanalyzing it. Overall, I have mixed feelings with this chapter.
Jun 26, 2014 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
JavaChip said:
Souta's reaction at the end felt a bit out of character for me. I hope the next chapter would elaborate more on how Souta came about seeing them? I was surprised because it seemed like no one was home when they did it? And even if Hori's family were home, surely they would've been more careful or at least wait until no one was home or stop at a certain point? Idk i might just be overanalyzing it. Overall, I have mixed feelings with this chapter.
I think he just found the condom sometime after.
Jun 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2013
JavaChip said:
Souta's reaction at the end felt a bit out of character for me. Overall, I have mixed feelings with this chapter.

Ya I felt he was out of character too

jpem said:
I think he just found the condom sometime after.

Didn't he find a pin?

Jun 26, 2014 5:00 PM

Jun 2010
They having sex was really nothing special but damn, that escalated quickly. Now I don't know where will this manga go anymore.
Jun 26, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2010
As a kid, how many of you walked into your parents room and accidentally walked into them having sex. I remember it happening, guaranteed only a few times, but I remember my reaction well. You walk in, see things you KNOW you aren't supposed to see and you leave in mortification. You leave feeling like "omgomgomg I hope I don't get in trouble for seeing things I wasn't supposed to see" Plus in this day and age, you know from a young age that what you walked into was sex. Sex is EVERYWHERE in media and you can't avoid it, even as a child. Souta's mature enough to realise what he walked into.

Sure, it leaves you confused and a little distraught, but that's why as a child you confront your parents to settle things. To me, Souta had a classic reaction to a kid running into his parents having sex. He confronted Miyamura to settle his feeings and Miyamura handled it perfectly. From now on, if Hori and Miyamura have sex, they just need to be more careful.

Other than that!

I think this handled sex perfectly. As many people have said, Hori and Miyamura's relationship has progressed lately and there has been a sexual tension apparent. For them to have sex now makes perfect sense. The way in which it happened was pulled off really well too. By Hori calling Miyamura 'Izumi' she's reinforcing and clarifying their relationship and the next palpable step in a relationship is physical connection.

Overall, really happy with the progress!!
MahouShoujoLainJun 26, 2014 5:24 PM
Jun 26, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
DalPuri said:

Indeed. I don't think any of that was particularly unexpected (Souta seeing them not withstanding). As you've said, the tension between Hori and Miyamura has always been there, so like any relationship that has built up tension, it was only a matter of time before something happened.

Now if you want to talk about the difference in tone between the first half of the chapter and the second half, then that's a different story. I can see how the change from comedy to more mature/serious themes can make the mature stuff seem like it "escalated quickly" and was unexpected.

I loved the dialogue between Miyamura and Souta near the end, and the fact that Hori was listening in. I'm also really liking how the relationship between Miyamura and the Hori family has developed thus far, and how it will develop in the future.
Kuro_YuukiJun 26, 2014 5:42 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 26, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
zensunni said:
Their first kiss was in chapter 27, for those who were wondering. As for the development in this chapter, there is absolutely nothing wrong with two high school seniors who have been dating for quite a while having sex. Souta saw it and was a bit traumatized, but kids see their parents doing it all the time without it being a huge deal. In this situation, Kyouko is more of a mother figure to Souta than a big sister, so it is kind of like that. I thought that Izumi handled it fantastically!

The rationale for her biting him? I think it has been pretty clear that she wasn't particularly pleased with the amount of attention other girls were giving Izumi after he cut his hair. In a way, I think she was "marking her territory" by leaving that bit mark on his neck, and letting him know that she prefers him with longer hair.

In any event, this was an absolutely great chapter! It started with some nice humorous girl talk, but then the girls telling Kyouko that she will scare Izumi away if she isn't girly enough totally fed into her insecurities about her own self-image and the way people's opinions of Izumi changed after his hair cut.

I really love this series!
DalPuri said:

Exactly! The sexual tension has been increasing steadily for several chapters. It was clear that they were heading toward a more intimate relationship.
[Edit: For instance, in chapter 31 - "Don't Interupt", the tension is thick enough to taste and Kyouko basically tells him she wants to be more intimate.]

just +1

didn´t think the mangaka would pull off that card so quick

Love what he is doing with it
fatmouth7 said:
Balls-to-the-Wall action that makes your testosterone levels skyrocket.

Jun 26, 2014 5:59 PM
Dec 2013
Wait. He saw them doing it...?
Jun 26, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Wonder how Miyamura was bit in the back of the neck... Nevertheless enjoyed the series so far. Did not see Souta coming into the picture though.
Jun 26, 2014 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
linny501 said:

It was never explicitly stated how he found out. Most people assumed Souta saw them, but it's also possible that he just heard them... I'm sticking to the assumption that he "saw" because I don't think he can identify sex sounds.
Jun 26, 2014 11:19 PM
Sep 2009
While I like the development in the relationship, the best part of the chapter has to go to Miyamura's interaction with Souta! So cute~

It was a little bit confusing with who called out to Souta at the end but I want to believe that it was Hori that said Izumi-kun. And then later Miyamura asked if he could have "Kyoko." Does that mean they're on first name basis now? :D
Jun 26, 2014 11:39 PM
Sep 2009
DalPuri said:
linny501 said:

It was never explicitly stated how he found out. Most people assumed Souta saw them, but it's also possible that he just heard them... I'm sticking to the assumption that he "saw" because I don't think he can identify sex sounds.

I think, rather than saw, that he just put the pieces together. Though he's usually a little slow on these things so maybe Yuna helped him out since she seems a little bit knowledgeable for her age xP
Jun 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
Wow I didn't see that coming not now anyways but in the future none the less it was a nice chapter.
Toshihiro_ChrisMay 12, 2015 5:22 PM
Jun 27, 2014 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
Souta and Yuna sex scene next chapter, callin' it now.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 28, 2014 2:04 AM
Jun 2012
Kinda....i wanted horimiya to be a innocent Manga....why did they do it? They don't look like the type that are gonna do it before engage or something....souta too....how did he know what was going on....i'm disappointed...
Jun 28, 2014 5:25 AM
Mar 2014
JulietTalyor said:
Kinda....i wanted horimiya to be a innocent Manga....why did they do it? They don't look like the type that are gonna do it before engage or something....souta too....how did he know what was going on....i'm disappointed...

the manga is suddenly add a mature scene,im disappointed too...this manga is like 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' and then surprisingly the story jump into 'Kimi no Iru Machi' if you get what i mean!
sanzo23Jun 28, 2014 5:36 AM
Jun 28, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Glad I'm alone in this boat. They shouldn't have done this
Also, I think it's kinda stupid doing it while you're in school age.
And I wanted it to be a pure manga. Innocent and loveable. I think the rating just dropped for me. Are they going to show more of them and other couples doing it as well?
The guy, sanzo23, that was exacly what I thought. Although I really liked Kimi no Iru Machi and I'm even going to read it again sometime in the next year(cause I read it last year, I mean, it was a beautiful manga but it lead to sex quite nicely and didn't rush a thing), dropping it into Horimiya is just too much.
Jun 28, 2014 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Why can't sex be pure? It felt pretty pure and lighthearted here honestly.
Jun 29, 2014 12:10 AM
Jun 2014
Carks32 said:
aceapple said:
But why did she bit him?

You know, when girls have sex for their first time, they broke their hymen. And that kind of hurts, or at least that's what i've heard.

Thanks for that answer LOL
Jun 29, 2014 12:12 AM
Jun 2014
sanzo23 said:
JulietTalyor said:

the manga is suddenly add a mature scene,im disappointed too...this manga is like 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' and then surprisingly the story jump into 'Kimi no Iru Machi' if you get what i mean!

I think Kimi no Iru Machi was a great manga and if u look on the bright side its just them taking their relationship to the next level
Jun 29, 2014 6:34 AM
Sep 2013
wait..... did souta see them actually doing it?
Jun 29, 2014 10:21 PM

May 2012
fynnian said:
xinchi said:
Totally didn't expect that from this manga o.o
But it's a good surprise nonetheless ^^

But something's really bothering me...

Jun 30, 2014 12:27 AM
Sep 2012
To those who are upset about the sex thing... Well, you're a little far off from the nature of the series when you see it as a "lighthearted" and "innocent" romcom. Sure, Horimiya is free of stupid shoujo woes like the ex, the annoying third parties and unnecessary drama, but the manga has had its fair share of darker undertones right from the start (if you recall Miyamura's chapter about his piercings and junior high). The original web comic makes it even more alarming because of the simple and down to earth art style and 4-panel nature, and the fact that it covers more mature details than the manga adaptation.

The original didn't cover why or how Souta knew, but I assume he isn't as traumatised as you thought because that wasn't his key question. He was more flustered over any changes in the relationship dynamics he had with Miyamura and Hori, so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Some spoilers about the sex in the web comic.

Regarding their age... Things like these happen in real life, so I'm not too shocked about the entire implication. It was like a natural flow of events that would happen sooner or later, and Hori is more forthcoming than you'd expect! I'd take this pure romantic sex scene over any stupid blushing scenes any day, and if it makes you feel better... >>> MAJOR spoiler here
Jun 30, 2014 1:54 AM
Jun 2014
Jin-le said:
But what if she gets pregnant? Cuz remember in chapter 25 her dad said they had Hori at their age and they were coming up with all those baby names.

Yeah thats what i thought too. Its a possibility
Jun 30, 2014 5:39 AM

Feb 2012
I know a lot of people are happy that they did it... but i'm one of the few that disagrees. I mean I don't hate that they did it, it's just that I'm very disappointed. I came in reading this manga expecting it to be an "innocent, pure, lighthearted, easy-read" love-comedy story, but they just turned everything upside down by doing it in a young age, while Souta is watching (or listening) them do it in action.

I was aware that it was slightly mature for ONLY the piercing and tattoos, but boy was i wrong after this chapter.

-2 points (minus 5 points if she gets preggers after this)
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 30, 2014 6:32 AM
Oct 2012
xxxSakura said:
To those who are upset about the sex thing... Well, you're a little far off from the nature of the series when you see it as a "lighthearted" and "innocent" romcom. Sure, Horimiya is free of stupid shoujo woes like the ex, the annoying third parties and unnecessary drama, but the manga has had its fair share of darker undertones right from the start (if you recall Miyamura's chapter about his piercings and junior high). The original web comic makes it even more alarming because of the simple and down to earth art style and 4-panel nature, and the fact that it covers more mature details than the manga adaptation.

The original didn't cover why or how Souta knew, but I assume he isn't as traumatised as you thought because that wasn't his key question. He was more flustered over any changes in the relationship dynamics he had with Miyamura and Hori, so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Regarding their age... Things like these happen in real life, so I'm not too shocked about the entire implication. It was like a natural flow of events that would happen sooner or later, and Hori is more forthcoming than you'd expect! I'd take this pure romantic sex scene over any stupid blushing scenes any day, and if it makes you feel better... >>> MAJOR spoiler here
xxxSakura said:

A lot of people were disappointed in the flow of events, and I don't agree that they should be, even though I can see where they are coming from. I mean, I personally enjoyed how they went about having sex, because I felt that it was way more realistic than how other shoujo manga portrays it. Sex isn't always planned, y'know? If sexual attraction is there, and the moment seems right, would it happen? I'm not saying that all people are like that, but isn't that what just happened here? What's wrong with people who are attracted to each other having sex? Horimiya is different from typical shoujo, and it's quite refreshing. (shit i'm sorry these two make me so happy no matter what)

Also, I agree with the fact that Souta saw them having sex, and it makes me sad that he feels that he won't have room in his sister's heart anymore. I don't think he found a condom though? isn't he like 6 i don't think he'd know what it's for (but miyamura did comfort thing v good)
Okay, so wait. In the webcomic, he explicitly states that he...
if that's the case i'm literally going to scream like really loud

(i'm sorry i wrote a lot i only have like one person who i can talk to with about this)
Jun 30, 2014 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
jbeat said:
I know a lot of people are happy that they did it... but i'm one of the few that disagrees. I mean I don't hate that they did it, it's just that I'm very disappointed. I came in reading this manga expecting it to be an "innocent, pure, lighthearted, easy-read" love-comedy story, but they just turned everything upside down by doing it in a young age, while Souta is watching (or listening) them do it in action.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think their relationship was pure enough? Haha, I don't know, personally I'm not one for easy sexual relations, especially so in shoujo manga and if it was any other couple I'd have been disturbed, but I ship Horimiya so bad I'm glad it happened, and that it happened in a rather pure manner xD

Saccharine said:
A lot of people were disappointed in the flow of events, and I don't agree that they should be, even though I can see where they are coming from. I mean, I personally enjoyed how they went about having sex, because I felt that it was way more realistic than how other shoujo manga portrays it. Sex isn't always planned, y'know? If sexual attraction is there, and the moment seems right, would it happen? I'm not saying that all people are like that, but isn't that what just happened here? What's wrong with people who are attracted to each other having sex? Horimiya is different from typical shoujo, and it's quite refreshing. (shit i'm sorry these two make me so happy no matter what)

Also, I agree with the fact that Souta saw them having sex, and it makes me sad that he feels that he won't have room in his sister's heart anymore. I don't think he found a condom though? isn't he like 6 i don't think he'd know what it's for (but miyamura did comfort thing v good)
Okay, so wait. In the webcomic, he explicitly states that he...
if that's the case i'm literally going to scream like really loud

(i'm sorry i wrote a lot i only have like one person who i can talk to with about this)

I get what you mean. For me the whole thing wasn't disappointing at all because the mangaka did a good job of underlining their attraction to each other, and well I don't really think it's wrong xD About Souta... Well it'll be rather disturbing if he saw such things at that age, but I don't think it really had any big impact on him other than him being slightly possessive over both his sister and Miyamura.

AND YES YAY YOU READ MY SPOILER. Come spazz with me now because yes,
:O

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but Horimiya reminds me a lot of Kare Kano. It started out pretty lighthearted but it kind of turned more mature as it dives into the main characters' personality, particularly the male lead's.
Jun 30, 2014 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
xxxSakura said:

I get what you mean. For me the whole thing wasn't disappointing at all because the mangaka did a good job of underlining their attraction to each other, and well I don't really think it's wrong xD About Souta... Well it'll be rather disturbing if he saw such things at that age, but I don't think it really had any big impact on him other than him being slightly possessive over both his sister and Miyamura.

AND YES YAY YOU READ MY SPOILER. Come spazz with me now because yes,
:O

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but Horimiya reminds me a lot of Kare Kano. It started out pretty lighthearted but it kind of turned more mature as it dives into the main characters' personality, particularly the male lead's.

I mean the thing with Souta, I was about his age when I walked in on my parents y'know... [i[doing the do[/i](oh god) But at that age, I didn't have an explicit understanding, rather it was something I wasn't supposed to intrude on. so maybe souta didn't exactly know what he was witnessing just felt kinda uncomfortable idk but he's so cute i want all of them to be so happy together

about your spoiler...

i haven't read kare kano!! :> is it any good?
Jun 30, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2010
Like everyone else I thought the sex was a bit abrupt. I think it's fine that it happened, the only problem I have with this turn of events (and the whole fucking manga actually) is that there is so much being "implied" that I find myself being confused. I didn't even realize they were dating until someone asked them if they were dating, and she said 'yes.' And I know there was the one kiss scene with the candy in her mouth or whatever, but I honestly thought they hadn't really kissed at all...but seeing how far they went in this chapter, obviously they've been kissing. I'm not asking for the author to shove their first kiss and all their "milestone" moments in my face, but when I literally don't know what the hell is going on in their relationship, doesn't that make this manga a failure as a romance? The flow is very random, I don't know what time it is chronologically, and the characters' personalities seem to me radically different from how the manga started. Sometimes, it feels like the author him/herself doesn't know what their personalities are supposed to be like.

Anyways, I'm glad this sex scene happened because the manga was getting confusing and boring.

But I can understand why some people (ya prudes) are upset, cos this manga started out really slow in their relationship, with 20+ chapters of denial over their inevitable attraction to each other. And then it becomes "aww they're dating how cute, when are they gonna kiss? oh look they're cuddling - WAIT WHAT THEY'RE NAKED AND LEAVING HICKIES."
PknoctisJun 30, 2014 10:02 PM
Jun 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
This chapter was a damn roller-coaster for me, first I'm busy laughing my ass off minding my own business then BAM, quick escalation! like really, how so? I was still waiting for him to introduce Hori to his mother, and did they ever really go out on a date at all?, then the last bit with Sota was two sided, did he hear them or see them and the scene with Miyamura!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Horimiya chapter amount

Volctra - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Volctra »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

22 by DENISE_DARDEN »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

22 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

16 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 2 Discussion

Insidious - Sep 13, 2012

23 by OnigirisBasket »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.