Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
Absolutely amazing.

Jun 25, 2014 2:47 AM

Mar 2012
Wut so that real Diego isn't the same as the Diego that Meruem killed before or what?
Keep moving forward
Jun 25, 2014 2:53 AM
Sep 2013
Great episode. I can't really say anything else tbh. Brb, crying (;_;)
Jun 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2010
I am speechless.
Jun 25, 2014 3:24 AM

Mar 2008
Just saw the episode, it was really good and made me very sad. I really love this show!
Jun 25, 2014 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
It has been a long time since any anime series has managed to make me shed so many tears. Thank you Togashi-sensei, Madhouse !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jun 25, 2014 3:48 AM

Jun 2012
That was sad. Do anyone know what Palm promised to Killua actally? I forgot it operantly.
Jun 25, 2014 3:48 AM
Jul 2013
Beatiful ending to such an awesome arc

With every new episode of Chimera ant arc, HxH, Madhouse, they just make it more perfect than it was last episode

This is the real power of anime industry, it sounds funny yeah, but HxH is making a masterpiece here

Impressed !
Jun 25, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2011
Melvinkooi said:
That was sad. Do anyone know what Palm promised to Killua actally? I forgot it operantly.

That she wouldn't let them have Komugi no matter what.
Jun 25, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2012
THE FEEEEEEEEEEEEELS T.T
Jun 25, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2010
That was really Beautiful.
Jun 25, 2014 4:48 AM
Jul 2011
I'd hoped that Komugi and Meruem would survive together... The sadness was almost as great as my happiness that they went out together.
Jun 25, 2014 5:18 AM
Mar 2011
It's not the first episode where I feel like this, but after seeing it I felt something like "what is that? that is weird. did I enjoy it? I don't know". So I voted 3. I didn't dislike it nor didn't find it masterpiece. But that impression made me like it more after some time. So I would give it 4 or 5 now. So, with this arc it's difficult to give a right appreciation of it immediately... at least for me.

Another thing is... why did the king choose to kill her? Did he know that she would prefer to die?

And also that scene... Does anyone else feel that it feels a little bit like Pupa? I mean them two lying, and talking softly and blood...

And about the poem. Is it a real poem? That page earlier said "excerpt from Kikuchi Masaou, 'that thing called man' (Minmei Publications)". Is it a real book? Where can I find it?

And also, did they cure Palm from her ant part? She looked like fish, but the next day was normal.
Jun 25, 2014 5:19 AM
Dec 2011
Amazing arc and nice ending tho I didn't feel sad at the end.
I felt sad for Palm and how she ended up like she belong to non species(from human perspective not real friends).
and for some people saying the human more cruel than ants, well I have to agree but many not all
the sad part is we have emotions and felling ants doesn't.

R.I.P Meruem
R.I.P Komugi
R.I.P Netero
R.I.P Neferpitou
R.I.P Kite
If you notice all these are the most badass characters in HxH expect of Komugi of course.

Joke part:
This part is a joke don't take it seriously..
Chimera Ant Arc End:
Naruto ver: Gon fights the king then he lecture him then the king(somehow)become a nice person.
Fairy Tail ver: Natsu gain Nakama power and beat up the king.
One Piece ver: Luffy got beaten by the king several time then he finds the king weak point and defeat him.
Bleach ver: Ichigo become a holo and you know the rest (and no body die)^ ^
what ?! not funny?! ok sorry * - *
tiagraJun 25, 2014 5:23 AM
Jun 25, 2014 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
My cold heart resisted so much, but I end up shredding a tiny drop of tear after all...
Jun 25, 2014 5:42 AM

Oct 2013
Just Beautiful .......
Jun 25, 2014 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
"Komugi, Iru ka?"

"Hai, hai, nandeshou ka.."

I was gushing tears.
Jun 25, 2014 5:48 AM

Oct 2012
the first FUCKING EPISODE I RATED 5/5 WITHOUT ANY ACTION NEEDED! WOW
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Jun 25, 2014 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
Lirina said:
If I hadn't scored this anime with 10 already I would do so now.

This. HxH is Top 10 bound!
Jun 25, 2014 5:55 AM
Feb 2013
naens said:
It's not the first episode where I feel like this, but after seeing it I felt something like "what is that? that is weird. did I enjoy it? I don't know". So I voted 3. I didn't dislike it nor didn't find it masterpiece. But that impression made me like it more after some time. So I would give it 4 or 5 now. So, with this arc it's difficult to give a right appreciation of it immediately... at least for me.

Another thing is... why did the king choose to kill her? Did he know that she would prefer to die?

And also that scene... Does anyone else feel that it feels a little bit like Pupa? I mean them two lying, and talking softly and blood...

And about the poem. Is it a real poem? That page earlier said "excerpt from Kikuchi Masaou, 'that thing called man' (Minmei Publications)". Is it a real book? Where can I find it?

And also, did they cure Palm from her ant part? She looked like fish, but the next day was normal.

Mereum told Komugi that he's poisoned and about to die soon, but before he finished talking, he already saw/sensed Komugi's response, which she responded by her willing to stay with him. I don't know how people keep missing this.
Jun 25, 2014 5:56 AM
May 2014
My tears shall speak about this episode
;_; ;-;
their love was purest love i have ever seen in an anime
Jun 25, 2014 5:59 AM

Jul 2013
dafuq is wrong with Palm crying her eyeballs out and shit.. part ant my ass. there are others like her who openly "betrayed" their so-called King.

they've done a poor job trying to prolong this episode with the chess scene.. what's with the crying? She was crying even before knowing about Meruem dying after some time.. seriously.. this was a great arc but the end was kinda anticlimactic

ps: does Komugi really have to die with him? it's true that the poison was contagious?
Jun 25, 2014 6:07 AM

Oct 2012
Satouji said:
Actually my point was how easily human's thoughts can be manipulated. Have you realised that you're crying for a killer ?

you definitely haven't watch the previous episodes even if this is sci -fi what the previous episode said was "THE TRUTH", humans are even fast worst than any other creatures there is. we kill each other, we enslave each other. we destroy everything and all the things there is given the fact that WE HUMANS ARE RATIONAL BEINGS WE STILL DO ALL THIS HORRIBLE THINGS.

BUT HOW about meruem? the killing part of him was in his genes! he was BORN A killer, a predator the highest in the food chain? are you saying a lion that kills an animal bad because he was born to live feasting on other creature?

and saying that an enlighten creature, who's perception change is not acceptable?

jzz go fucking study philosophy please! before you talk shit dumb ass.

Jun 25, 2014 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Fantastic episode

Goodbye Meruem and Komugi, such a touching death scene :'(
Jun 25, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
Solipsistic said:
I don't get the (few) people who think this should've ended any other way. All the build-up of the last few episodes tells us that the King is essentially unstoppable. No other Nen users come close. It would've felt really bullshitty if he'd ended up losing to Gon in some epic end-of-arc showdown, not to mention completely out of place. Gon's hatred was always personal and directed at Neferpitou, not the King; he wouldn't even be able to muster the rage to fight him in that costly adult form (let alone the fact that he *just* got done using it).

It's only fitting that the bomb's poison got him in the end. It makes Netero's sacrifice worthwhile, since he was still the one who brought down Meruem (and 2 of the royal guards) -- reiterated in the episode when the green dude thanks him for his service and Morel says he did his job well.

Finally, it ties back into the arc's theme of humanity's potential for unflinching greed and malice. In a fair, honorable fight, the ants (Meruem) wipe the floor with the humans (Netero). It was only through underhanded, artificial, deceptive tactics that Netero was able to pull out a win. Even then it required self-annihilation, a final act of rage and selfless deference to one's species -- mirroring the ants' own loyalty.

Humanity's dominating instinct is just as fierce as theirs, but they've evolved to use trickery and exploitation in combat to make up for a lack of natural weapons like teeth and claws. The poison perfectly represents this understated yet tenacious killing instinct. The arc's over, and the threat to millions of humans has been eliminated. Why? Because humans themselves are already so good at killing millions of other humans. All it takes is a "poor man's, easily mass-produced" bomb -- not even the worst of our arsenal.

Togashi's writing of this arc was truly masterful. Thematic and character development unlike anything else I've seen in shounen. I am so glad I picked up HxH and got to witness this beauty as it aired.

it just show's how humans can be the most brutal creature in the face of the fucking planet. looks my be deceiving -le blanc.

Jun 25, 2014 6:12 AM
Feb 2013
PrimeX said:
dafuq is wrong with Palm crying her eyeballs out and shit.. part ant my ass. there are others like her who openly "betrayed" their so-called King.

they've done a poor job trying to prolong this episode with the chess scene.. what's with the crying? She was crying even before knowing about Meruem dying after some time.. seriously.. this was a great arc but the end was kinda anticlimactic

ps: does Komugi really have to die with him? it's true that the poison was contagious?

1. Palm IS a Chimera Ant. Just because you betray the King doesn't mean you're no longer an Ant. Not sure why you're making a fuss out of this.

2. Komugi cried because she has always been a cry baby.

3. Yes.

Not sure what kind of ending you want. Let me guess, Kurapika suddenly show up and defeat Mereum with some crazy power, and then Komugi never be spoken again. That's what you want right?
Jun 25, 2014 6:18 AM
Apr 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen...Let's start the election
Jun 25, 2014 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
xieghart said:
PrimeX said:

1. Palm IS a Chimera Ant. Just because you betray the King doesn't mean you're no longer an Ant. Not sure why you're making a fuss out of this.

3. Yes.

Not sure what kind of ending you want. Let me guess, Kurapika suddenly show up and defeat Mereum with some crazy power, and then Komugi never be spoken again. That's what you want right?
I don't understand what you're trying to say in number 1. She is an ant that's a fact but so does the others who betrayed the king but they didn't shed a single tear. An ending I want? Let's see. maybe they should've made Meruem's death a little shorter and instead made some explanations as to what really happened after Meruem's death or before I'm not sure.. but they did some timeskip shit and I don't exactly know what happened. (maybe they will in the next ep I don't know because I don't watch previews)

Also this'll be my last post for the night I need to sleep maybe we can continue this "discussion' tomorrow. I'm sure more of you die-hard HxH is the best anime in this rotting world fanboys would show up and quote what I've said. Seriously everytime I say something a little negative in this forum.. guys like you appear.
Jun 25, 2014 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
Epic ending to an epic arc to be honest! <3
Jun 25, 2014 6:37 AM

Oct 2012
PrimeX said:
xieghart said:

3. Yes.

I don't understand what you're trying to say in number 1. She is an ant that's a fact but so does the others who betrayed the king but they didn't shed a single tear. An ending I want? Let's see. maybe they should've made Meruem's death a little shorter and instead made some explanations as to what really happened after Meruem's death or before I'm not sure.. but they did some timeskip shit and I don't exactly know what happened. (maybe they will in the next ep I don't know because I don't watch previews)

Also this'll be my last post for the night I need to sleep maybe we can continue this "discussion' tomorrow. I'm sure more of you die-hard HxH is the best anime in this rotting world fanboys would show up and quote what I've said. Seriously everytime I say something a little negative in this forum.. guys like you appear.

palm is somewhat mad or angry r even shocked to a creature like meruem, who was born a ruler/ king to have a change of hearth, put your self in to her stand. then think, and ask why would this fucking king even care for low creatures like us and humans? wouldn't you get angry? like you killed tons of humans and ants and now you fucking care for them? and at last, when the king is about to bown down to her. she cried and couldn't stand how change this king really is. how a born ruler, bown down to a low creature like her. with the fact that she ant. the more the reason she couldn't bare it

Jun 25, 2014 6:40 AM
Mar 2011
xieghart said:
Mereum told Komugi that he's poisoned and about to die soon, but before he finished talking, he already saw/sensed Komugi's response, which she responded by her willing to stay with him. I don't know how people keep missing this.
Meruem didn't have to go and play with Komugi and he knew that it was dangerous for her. He could have also stopped playing and go away before it was lethal for her. So that means that letting her die was his decision. I don't say that it makes him evil. I only say that usually people try to save the life of persons they love. But the King was different. And why, I don't know.
naensJun 25, 2014 6:45 AM
Jun 25, 2014 6:45 AM

Jan 2012
I cried... nice episode
Jun 25, 2014 6:56 AM
Feb 2013
PrimeX said:
xieghart said:

3. Yes.

I don't know why you're questioning why other ants didn't cry and Palm did. Like, why would you? Seriously, you're nitpicking, complaining for the sake of complaining.

Can't understand why people could be this cold-blooded and talk shit at an episode such as this. I guess the saying, one man's treasure is another's trash isn't wrong after all.

This arc has a lot of ups and downs, and you pick THIS to complain? I just don't know what to say, if you think episode like this count as bad. Like come on man...

ps: Serious question, do you have sympathy? Do you have any emotion? Are you a human?
Jun 25, 2014 6:57 AM

Feb 2009
Damn this anime for making me cry... ;------;
Jun 25, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2014
Just....just..... the Chimera Ant Arc

I didnt expect that to happen just like that, but my reaction when i saw Pouf dead was" Damn Pouf, you deserved a better end". Same with king but it was executed brilliantly, the whole Komugi x Meruem . Looking forward to see what happened to Gon ,Killua seemed lost in that 1 scene we got from him.
Anyway one of the best arcs i watched so far, and i talk only about the Chimera Ant Arc, i have wathced the original 1999 series and the OVA's as before that and it was really hard in the beginning to get into HxH 2011.

Just great Arc and if anyone still wonders, yeah Gon is supposed to be searching for his father.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 25, 2014 7:06 AM
Jun 2014
the ending couldn't have been more emotional. Madhouse is the best, they just proved that you don't need no emotional background music to make a scene emotional, you can make any scene emotional without sad background music if the dialogue is good enough.
Jun 25, 2014 7:59 AM

May 2012
naens said:
xieghart said:
Meruem didn't have to go and play with Komugi and he knew that it was dangerous for her. He could have also stopped playing and go away before it was lethal for her. So that means that letting her die was his decision. I don't say that it makes him evil. I only say that usually people try to save the life of persons they love. But the King was different. And why, I don't know.

It's easy to say that they had more than enough time to play one game and Mereum could of left. It was Komugi's decision to stay with him. And Komugi had nothing else to live for anyway

naens said:

No she wasn't did you not see the sleeves and big orb still on here head?
Jun 25, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2008
Meruem has gained 100+ more favorites because of this episode, haha.

Jun 25, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2013
xieghart said:
PrimeX said:

3. Yes.

Komugi cried of happiness because she could play Gungi with an opponent that was worthy. Gungi is her life. Meruem brought light (or happiness) to a blind girl exactly what his name means actually, and that's why he says "I was born for this moment..." (he found happiness through playing Gungi with her too) Komugi says this too... They follow death together. Maybe there is a spiritual message here like "death is not the end" and that true death is being alone....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 25, 2014 8:15 AM
Feb 2013
naens said:
xieghart said:

Here's the thing. Mereum didn't really realized that he was in love with Komugi. It was after the moment Komugi responded that she is willing to die with him that Mereum felt a sense of affection between him and Komugi, thus when he said he was born to live this moment, he found love for the first time. I think Mereum knew the poison will take awhile before it kills the person, that's why he decides to spend his final moment with her, not expecting her to die with him, but she chose to anyway.
Jun 25, 2014 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
Manly tears has been shed!

Jun 25, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
I had very watery eyes, but didn't cry. No anime has made me cry yet but a few have come very close, this was probably one of the most bittersweet episodes I've seen of anything. Magical. Brilliant.
Jun 25, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
Im not going to cry:
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 25, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2012
Wow, that was great. The last bits of their dialogue made it that more much painful to watch. Komugi also looked like a goddess at the end.

Excellent episode. Excellent arc

Jun 25, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2014
This is not just an anime, its a masterpiece!
Thank you Togashi for sharing us the wonderful story of Komugi and Meruem. Their story is something that I will never forget and will always adore and cherish. And Kudos to MadHouse for the excellent job of animating this. You know, even Pouf's death whom i've always despise made me sad. Dying beside people who don't give a fuck about you is just extremely despairing.

RIP Komugi, Meruem, Pouf, Pitou, Youpi, Netero,Kite, Pokkle, Ponzu and everyone who died in this arc.

Oh i just want to share with you this guy's review about the whole chimera ant arc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0TyY1pY8w&list=PL5k8kgVRPLo8Vmg9vpZT8qmfQvEsYCPiL
tenshiyvesJun 25, 2014 8:54 AM
The world is not what it seems.
Jun 25, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
;-;

My room is now flooded with my tears.
Jun 25, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
Nikoka said:
Melvinkooi said:

That she wouldn't let them have Komugi no matter what.

Ok, thanks!
Jun 25, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
They really did leave the best 'til last with this one. Powerful, emotional, sad, happy...beautiful! I never thought this would be the pinnacle of the arc for me. I was so fixated on Gon getting revenge for Kite. I never imagined that the story would develop in this way; that the omnipotent king would change so dramatically, by the love of one seemingly insignificant girl.

If there's to be any criticism, I guess the beginning of the arc was really slow. And more annoyingly, the antagonists seemed far too strong... But hopefully we can now see Hisoka, Kurapika, and Leorio again :3
Jun 25, 2014 9:18 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful episode.
WAS THAT DAYLIGHT I SAW FOR A WHILE? WOOOOOW
Finally, new arc pls
Jun 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2011
FormerObserver said:
Kurokokoy said:

very good sir

WOW damn nice that you noticed and told us , which makes it even better and well thought!

excellent
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.