Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Initial D Final Stage Episode 4 Discussion

Aug 13, 2020 1:01 AM
So lame that Takumi won via another fluke. Beating some young kid on a fluke is the climax? Meh.

I hope the best for Shinji.

Keisuke went pro. Takumi did...what exactly? He has the girlfriend but career-wise what did he do?

Itsuki, Iketani and Kenji still haven't done jack. Sigh. Mako and Iketani still haven't gotten back together? Omg is that ridiculous. I'm SO, SO GLAD that Natsuki and Kazumi's bitch asses never had a reappearance. F them.

Bringing back the original OP for the final montage was great. That song is fantastic.

Really solid season (8/10) and series overall (probably 8/10 even though I didn't think Stage 4 and 5 were quite as good, and I thought Stage 3 was pretty weak). Glad I watched and would recommend to others. Not really sure there's much "payoff" at the end though.
Modified by HagePotPotato, Aug 13, 2020 1:06 AM

Aug 20, 2020 9:32 AM

Surprised that they didn't include a scene for Mako and Iketani when they met again
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 25, 2020 10:41 PM

86 is the best character and proved why with its sacrifice in the end.

Great conclusion! When played Rage your Dream at the end I was satisfied.

Even though Fifth and Final Stages aren't the greatests, that last episode left a good overall impression.

Thank you, 86. Thank you, Initial D.

Aug 26, 2020 7:32 PM
Honestly im watching the second episode now and im so fkn bored. The anime was good till the final stage but the final opponent is such bs.

I get they wanted to battle him against another natural driver, with a similar car and home turf adavantage. But even if i try i couldnt imagine a worse endboss.

Lets take a younger boy. He is also a natural. He doesnt like driving. He is also a creeper.

Now suddenly the mc who who is the best talent so far and did nothing elso then make huge skill improvements the 5 last seasons struggles to beat him.
You know why the other guy is so good? Boom! He was watching the road while someone elso was driving and sometimes he even drove his mom home. Makes total sense but when thats all what it takes why cant the drivers who race on the street for years do it?
Second advantage of the boy? Boom! He doesnt use braking and drives boring. I mean sure we heard the last 5 seasons that drifting is cool and u gain speed with it but now its better to just not brake.

Honestly who designed this last oppenent?

Edit: Wow now he gave way in the final battle and Takumi will still loose the first round? Could this even get any worse. Like wtf. In the final in a sports anime the mc who got better from the start to finish shouldnt get fucked over by a kid who isnt even racing.

Okay finished now. It didnt get better. What Project D stands for was also a big disappointment. The way he won was so bad too.

I would give the other seasons 8 as average.

This one is 4/10 at best
Modified by We_Ka, Aug 26, 2020 8:32 PM

Sep 11, 2020 7:50 AM

We_Ka said:

I would give the other seasons 8 as average.

This one is 4/10 at best

TBH this series ended perfectly as in Third Stage. Fourth stage does have some cool races but at the same time two of the whole "wons" in FS are done by technical win, that did made me disappointed why Project D didn't just admit their loss

Oct 28, 2020 4:08 PM
Hated it, most of the races have disappointing resolutions.
failes love stories just fill plot-gaps between races? seriously? Shigeno is a on- trick pony man.
And what the hell with that cel shading on car textures? they look like papercrafted toys! we needed metallic textures.

Nov 8, 2020 2:38 PM

An accident was not a problem at all for such experienced driver like Takumi! ;p While it would be cool if Shinji won, I'm glad that Takumi was able to be victorious in that style, I mean by showing that he is truly superior as a driver.

It was the last episode of this amazing series. The finale was simply excellent. It was so cool to see all characters from the past and to see the the future of Takumi, Keisuke and Ryousuke. We also learned was was hiding behind "D" in "Project D". Dream.

Dec 11, 2020 1:03 PM

Rage your dream will always be a timeless classic for me haha

The battle ended rather surprisingly but still Takumi won :D

poor AE86 though. I guess now is the best time to put it into retirement.

Good thing Mogi became completely irrelevant

Feb 8, 8:58 PM

That is by far the best way Takumi has ever won a race! I literally screamed out loud when he won! Takumi is truly a legend, and seeing all the people hes beaten before stand before him at once was amazing!

Even though I hated her I wanted to see Mogi at least once since she left for Tokyo in stage 3, shed be so jealous of Mika.

What an absolutely beautiful anime, I almost cried at the ending. I wish we got to see more of Itsuki, Iketani, and Kenji, its sad they barely showed up after stage 2.

Project Dream.

This anime will be special to me forever.

Mar 17, 7:21 AM
kingkash said:
ae86 and gt86 such beauty :D btw any idea who was driving that gt86 ?
could be takumi's dad who else could be driving at at this pace on akina pass

Apr 11, 9:00 AM
Finally finished it today and the last scene when the new 86 pops up made me tear up a little, the first outro song from the first stage also hit hard

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store