Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah damn, an accident in this race. OUCH. Anyways, it wasn't pretty but at least they made it out alive. Great soundtrack as usual. I give both competitors a valiant effort.
Jun 24, 2014 7:08 AM

Feb 2014
I've seen the raw. All I can say at the end was WTF?!
Jun 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Jan 2012
Oh, wow @ the new 86 at the end...
Jun 28, 2014 2:49 AM

Jul 2011
Y'all don't sleep. ^

It was... OK. I'm a bit disappointed though, simply because I've invested so much time in the series. His last fight just lacked the excitement. Mostly bystander dialogue. :/

I loved the scene with the wings though, that was awesome.

Who was the person in the orange car? Keisuke? Is that hinting at some kind of sequel or open end?
Jun 28, 2014 3:21 AM
Jul 2008
where do you guys watch the raws? My google powers are weak :(
Jun 28, 2014 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
aWsome jst simply aWsome it was worth waiting 11 yrs to finish the whole series.
Jun 28, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
Sad it's finally over. Was an amazing series.
Jun 28, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
The whole series gets a 8/10

Final Stage gets a 5/10

Sinji = shounen character in a seinen series. He was not likable and was more annoying than Itsuki Takeuchi.
Jun 28, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
ae86 and gt86 such beauty :D btw any idea who was driving that gt86 ?
Jun 28, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
I will miss initial D alot. I loved the serie, watched it twice already. Great episode!
Jun 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Because Initial D's story based on Japanese "king" drifter named Keiichi Tsuchiya's adolescent life. He learnt drifting while using AE86 like Takumi and after he became known person in race field, Toyota asked him to test their new model of AE86 aka GT86. (Extra Info: He also recorded sounds of cars at Stage 1 and 4.) Anyway I'm thinking they wanted to make his mention in anime. For more info.
Jun 28, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
LotusJuice said:
Because Initial D's story based on Japanese "king" drifter named Keiichi Tsuchiya's adolescent life.

I won't say that the story is based on Tsuchiya's life but he has given advice to Shuichi Shigeno (the author). Also Tsuchiya gave Bunta a call in a previous stage. Stage 1 if I remember correctly.

And guess who gave Takumi a thumbs up at the end of the episode? ;)

As for Initial D, well I'm not disappointed. A great ending and will be looking forward for the new trilogy.

Moderator Note: Please use spoiler tags for images that could stretch the forum layout. Thanks.
cyruzNov 4, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 28, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
Archie411 said:
LotusJuice said:
Because Initial D's story based on Japanese "king" drifter named Keiichi Tsuchiya's adolescent life.

I won't say that the story is based on Tsuchiya's life but he has given advice to Shuichi Shigeno (the author). Also Tsuchiya gave Bunta a call in a previous stage. Stage 1 if I remember correctly.

As for Initial D, well I'm not disappointed. A great ending and will be looking forward for the new trilogy.

I would love to know this as well. That ending was a little too inspiring. Made me wanna get teary eyed.

What a good way to pitch the newer gt86 model.

Moderator Note: Please use spoiler tags for images that could stretch the forum layout. Thanks.
cyruzNov 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Jun 28, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
Subarashi!

The young shall continue to race onward. Without hesitation... Towards their dream...

cyruzNov 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Jun 28, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
Project-to Dream plus Rage your dream! The feels..

Seem like Takumi took over the Subaru WRX from Bunta now!

Damn I'm gonna miss Initial D so much. Actually it feels more like a story of Takumi and AE86's growth.

Now I have to spam the fuck out of my Initial D game to feel like Takumi.

That GT86 at the end though :o
BenphyreJun 28, 2014 4:54 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
kingkash said:
ae86 and gt86 such beauty :D btw any idea who was driving that gt86 ?

It is a nice short cameo of the 'future AE86'. GT-86 being the successor to the Trueno.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 28, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
ah it ended, very good series worth watching for all this years from 90s up to the current year, glad Takumi win but in a dramatic fashion though lol, so the D stands for Dream, it was Initial Dream all along
Jun 29, 2014 2:40 AM
Jul 2011
the time line in the anime is fucked gt-86 came out in 2012 the time line in the anime is like 1996ish lol xD really enjoyed this series, really got me in the jdm car scene I've always wanted a 86 :D btw theres also a movie coming out aye?
Jun 29, 2014 2:45 AM

Jan 2009
xDaboi said:
btw theres also a movie coming out aye?

yes and its a movie trilogy (3 movies) that summarizes Initial D with new animation
Jun 29, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2010
Meh that GT-86 add was out of place. Otherwise it was great.
Jun 29, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2012
Is Initial D over now?
Jun 29, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2013
dragonlight said:
Is Initial D over now?

Yeah the manga ended.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 29, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2014
Corleone said:
Meh that GT-86 add was out of place. Otherwise it was great.

Agreed the GT 86 was out of place an never appeared in the manga at the end but its a nice was of saying the car was reborn
Jun 30, 2014 12:20 AM

Dec 2011
Dat ending song 10/10. Damn, what happened to the AE86 really sucked. I'm so sad that it's over..

Jun 30, 2014 5:43 AM

Jun 2014
Its been an amazing series, kinda sad that its over.

Big up for keiichi in the credit scene !
Jul 1, 2014 9:23 AM

Dec 2009
Just awesome, I am so going to miss the series. Very inspiring. Easy 9/10

Curious, is this how it ends in the manga and in the manga does it go about the pro career?
Jul 1, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I don't think it needed 4 eps for the whole battle but I did enjoy it. I'm sad this is how they decided to end it all but oh well. I'll watch the movies whenever they come out. Till next time Intitial D.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 1, 2014 11:44 PM

Dec 2011
Great series....well it was a fun ride and now have to wait for the movie which will be a trilogy of the first season
Jul 2, 2014 6:22 AM
Mar 2013
Kuroibara- said:
dragonlight said:
Is Initial D over now?

Yeah the manga ended.

Yeah,It Looks its the end but you know something there is a bookend from the first stage to the last and that is the cars bypass each other moment You see
In the first stage Takumi in his car AE86 by pass a man who is shaving in side in his car and thinks "He hasn't change a bit".
In the final stage during its last moments a unknown man in a GT 86 (which is the successor to AE86) bypass Takumi in a different blue car which stunned him calling this series 'full circle'.

kittyn said:
Dat ending song 10/10. Damn, what happened to the AE86 really sucked. I'm so sad that it's over..

Yeah m.o.v.e sings their opening songs from the first stage to the last even though they disbanded before the final stage happens even their ending song from the first stage brings closure to it .

DivineTrinity said:
Great ep. I don't think it needed 4 eps for the whole battle but I did enjoy it. I'm sad this is how they decided to end it all but oh well. I'll watch the movies whenever they come out. Till next time Intitial D.

Sent with Mal Updater

Good luck with that although its kind of a reboot to new ones we are just old ones anyway.
johnknight648Jul 2, 2014 8:49 AM
Jul 2, 2014 6:27 AM
Mar 2013
GDL-URAHARA said:
Subarashi!

The young shall continue to race onward. Without hesitation... Towards their dream...

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Yeah it feels likes its spirit can live on :')

cyruzNov 4, 2014 12:26 PM
Jul 2, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
johnknight648 said:

Good luck with that although its kind of a reboot to new ones we are just old ones anyway.

Right why I said that. :P The original source is over but there is still the movies even if they are recaps its still more Initial D. It makes me think its truly not over yet since they are more projects of it being made and looking at movies seems they are attracting a new audience.
Jul 2, 2014 7:24 PM
Mar 2013
DivineTrinity said:
johnknight648 said:

Right why I said that. :P The original source is over but there is still the movies even if they are recaps its still more Initial D. It makes me think its truly not over yet since they are more projects of it being made and looking at movies seems they are attracting a new audience.

true.
Jul 3, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2008
Is very sad to see what Initial D has been turned into. It began being one of the best animes I've ever seen. In the Fourth Stage it changed, but it was still a very good anime, with a lot of epic moments (like the "Forever" one). But in the Fifth Stage... I don't know what happened, I have no idea. And this ending is another shame. Initial D ended in the Fourth Stage.
Jul 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
Is this the song from the first season I am hearing? Good feels. A bit choppy rip I watched, but it's nice to see the ending nonetheless.
Jul 4, 2014 9:03 PM
Oct 2011
this is quite long comment from me...
but shikata ga nai, I really went emotional after watching this end...
I almost want to cry coz one of the best and my favorite anime ended here...
wow.. it's really quite a ride of this show.. I started watching this maybe since mid 2000's and now it ended...

anyways not really the best stage(coz the best stage IMO is the stage 3 where they could jump on U-turn curves), but how the battle ended. Wow it really is the best of all the battles in the initial d series...

and then giving the meaning of D in the initial D.. at first I thought it's Densetsu because they wanted to be legend/legendary but it not and actually the meaning of D is *****.....

Jul 10, 2014 11:43 AM
Mar 2014
Made me cry a bit. Initial D has ended
Jul 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Dec 2011
god this is so sad. i have watched all 4 initial d stages like 3 times and finished up fifth and final stage im just so sad. this anime is so awesome. and the part where they said something like "it seems like an eternal summer has came to an end" its just too damn sad. I love the part where they retired the car and said its a good end to the car being unbeated. and honestly initial d has made the ae68 a legend in many car fans eyes. sure other things like drifting in japan has to do it with it. but i think initial d has the same effect on ae86 to the western audience as paul walkers r34 in fast and furious movies. because thats were kids back in 2000 found out about that machine built by gods.

to the person above who said that fitfth and final stage are a lot less than 1-4 i could agree. i think the new episodes missed the exciting racing parts with songs like "running in the 90's" the final stage was exciting and i was really excited on takumis overtakes but it really felt like they wanted to just get it over with and be done.

and with this
An eternal summer has really ended

feel free to message me on mal if you ever wanna have a friendly chat about cars or initial d ^_^
Jul 20, 2014 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Just caught the last two eps subbed and really feel obliged to write a comment for this all time great series.

The final battle with Shinji was as some of you said a tad too shounen, but regardless the tension of the race was great and it got me really pumped up especially through the lead changes right up to the amazing finish. They have also done a good job giving a finality to the series with the scenes of the characters in their future endeavors and lastly signing off with the special cameo and message. Really love the idea of using Gamble Rumble and Rage Your Dream as the ED theme, nostalgia ftw!

Despite never picking up Initial D in manga form, I'm happy that this series which for more than a decade has followed me through my teenage and adult years is finally complete, but alas it's still sad that all good things have to come to an end. Initial D for me will go down with Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo as some of the best sports series I am privileged to be exposed to.
Jul 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Sad to see that this anime ended (I know I am late for posting this). It's kinda' sad to know that the famous AE86 of Akina is now retired. During the credits, Nakazato and Shingo's part was the funniest part. They both still act like they don't know each other when people pass by.
Aug 12, 2014 5:41 AM
Oct 2013
fuck i cried Initial D and m.o.v.e was an important part of my childhood
Aug 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
The ending left me with a wtf face.....initial d series is seriously underrated
Aug 22, 2014 7:35 PM
Mar 2013
Nickbk201 said:
The ending left me with a wtf face.....initial d series is seriously underrated

Hey it is a cult franchise
Aug 25, 2014 1:41 AM

Oct 2012
damn i was sad when it ended
RRRRRRRRRR
Sep 1, 2014 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
My feels are confused :(, this last stage was disappointing. After all the years of building up to the greatest final race, Takumi had to go up against a brat. Kind of a let down, even though when Takumi overtook him was awesome! Also this felt rushed, it kinda ended abruptly without giving us a proper closing :/
It's sad to see Hachiroku retiring like that but I loved the end with the nod off to the GT86 with the message on the number plate: 86-239 = "Hachiroku ni sankyu".
I really need to find me a AE86 >.<

But overall such a awesome series, it's sad we don't shows like this anymore :(

7/10 for the Final Stage, pretty much 9-10 for the series as a whole. Hopefully the movies will give us a proper closing.
Sep 2, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
1st and 2nd season were best

then shit gets old fast after that

I still remember 10+ years ago when I tried to drift with my dad's FWD lol..

then did couple of 180's in the snow with RWD and busted a rim on the curve pretty hard

RIP initial D
Sep 26, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2008
geneonline said:
Archie411 said:

I would love to know this as well. That ending was a little too inspiring. Made me wanna get teary eyed.

What a good way to pitch the newer gt86 model.

Shit SO I'm not the only one who cried watching the ending of Final Stage?
God, I like the way it ended, but in all honesty, I really didn't want the anime to end.
It was so good. I will misss the eurobeat and M.O.V.E songs.

I will miss Bunta the most, that old man was bad ass.

cyruzNov 4, 2014 12:21 PM
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Oct 9, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
Just finished the last episode of last stage. Didn't expect such an ending, very sad that the Ae86 retires. I really liked this series a lot, especially the 1st stage that left a big impression so now feel like i've lost something ... Liked the new 86 at the end as well the meaning of d in project d. The thing about young drivers pursuing their dreams was nice too. The final song - brought a lot of memories and I think is one of the best songs throughout the series. As a whole, Initial D is great and I'm sad that for me it has just ended.
Oct 26, 2014 6:23 AM
Oct 2014
So does this mean Initial D will not make an Episode any more?? or takumi will use the WRX in the next episode?............... :(
Nov 4, 2014 12:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was certainly an unexpected end to that particular battle. Overall, the battle felt quite stretched out but I still enjoyed it. I kind of wanted to see Shinji get punched a bit after his contact-heavy driving, but that's probably just me. :D

The outro was pretty interesting. I would love to see some of those cars in action. There was a freaking 86 in it! Animate that, give me episodes with those cars! I doubt that'll ever happen.

If I had the money, I'd definitely have some people produce a modern generation Initial D. Some newer cars, modern art (not that I dislike the old school style), etc. That'd be fantastic.

For now I'm looking forward to the movies though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 18, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the cute little cameo by Dorikin there.
Good to see Keisuke and Mako as pros.

The showcase of the GT-86 was interesting, but it felt slightly off putting.
Anyways, dunno why they couldn't have just included this with 5th stage.

I'm curious about a sequel. We've been through so much to see them transition to pros.
This ending made me want to see more future stuff, esp. for Takumi.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 2 Discussion

SilentTruth - May 26, 2014

33 by Kraum »»
Jan 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

43 by Kraum »»
Jan 12, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Initial D Final Stage Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

31 by Phixiately »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:02 AM

» The consequences of her action: which thot?

LAKool-AidGang - Aug 5, 2023

2 by sustak »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:02 PM

» Queen Thot

LAKool-AidGang - Aug 3, 2023

7 by UnlegitMilku »»
Aug 4, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.