Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2011
Seeing Barto fanboying on Luffy is so hilarious!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
Rebecca lying in the floor : *do whatever you like to me* I'm like... really? imagine if that was Sanji in luffy position lol.

and Bartolomeo was hilarious with his "Luffy-Senpai" and seeing he watch all the straw hat bounty poster in the wall scene. lol
Jul 6, 2014 8:30 PM

Feb 2013
Bartolomeo turning into a Luffy fanboy really ruined the character for me, he was the first character one piece has introduced in a VERY long time that I actually liked. But of course knowing this show I should have expected they would do something to fuck him up, sigh.

As for the rest of the episode, eh was pretty boring. More helpless fodder crying for Luffy to save them and plenty of screen time for Rebecca's breasts. The only semi interesting part of this episode was Luffy's conversation with Blackbeard.
Shape430Jul 6, 2014 8:33 PM
Jul 21, 2014 11:12 PM

Apr 2009
Maybe it's just because I took a few weeks off from One Piece, but this episode felt like it was firing on all cylinders. Everything came together very well to make a rather great episode. I never would've guessed in a million years Bartolomew was a Straw Hat fanboy, so out of left field, hilarious, and brilliant. Luffy defeating Rebecca while still eating his lunch was neat.

And Blackbeard's line. "It'll be like having Ace in my group." So cruel and twisted, I loved it. One Piece is great at having villains you truly loathe or love to hate even.
Jul 30, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2009
LMAO that's the last thing I expected from Bartolomeo!
Lol I love how they kept shitty animation for everything else and Rebecca's body looked delicious <3

Need moar Blackbeard :/
Sep 2, 2014 8:28 PM

Jan 2014
The mystery builds. Blackbeard - Ao Kiji alliance?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 29, 2014 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
- Bartolomeo's character got completely ruined if they keep doing this whole exaggerated "notice me senpai" crap

- It appears that the animation budget goes through the roof when they're dealing with fanservice

- Gonna be really rustled if Ace's fruit gets wasted on Rebecca
Jan 18, 2015 9:01 PM
Jun 2013
Beautiful episode. I loved it!
Mar 1, 2015 3:26 AM
Jan 2015
at first i thought bartolomeo wanted to kill luffy but i see he admires him, i hope he joins the strawhats, and that ending tho damn rebecca's hot haha
Jun 3, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2009
Well the first half was actually interesting. Bartolomeo is actually Luffy's adoring fan, as if senpai will actually notice you, Bartolomeo! LOL And the old geezer in his gratitude for the restoration of his old drill head wants to put their navy under Luffy's command, just another day in Luffy's life I bet. XD The other half covering a brief encounter with Blackbeard's lackey and Rebecca's sob story were so- so.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 2, 2015 11:38 AM
Sep 2014
Rebecca said:
Do whatever you like to me!

Damn.
Dec 23, 2015 1:19 AM

Jun 2015
damn that sexy body *_*
Jan 25, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2015
So bartholomeo is just a creepy stalker? weird.
Jun 2, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
tqran said:
So bartholomeo is just a creepy stalker? weird.

No, he is a fan. There is a difference :p
Aug 5, 2016 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
Lel Bartolomeo is such a fanboy

But the highlight has to be Rebecca on the floor like wow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2013
LMFAO @ Rebecca's crying face HAHHAHA someone should've screencapped that xDD

Imagine how insanely happy Bart would be if they adopted him into the Straw Hat crew lol. He is pretty strong y'know
Apr 28, 2017 9:58 AM

May 2014
LUFFY-SENPAI IS IN HIGH DEMAND
Lmao at Bartolomeo- he's the ultimate Straw Hat fan boy...has their wanted posters and everything XD
Good god, I love him!

Scene with Rebecca looked really beautiful and you could tell by that little glint in Luffy's eyes that he's gonna do something about her situation.

Beginning to wonder if Toy Soldier is Rebecca's dad, actually.

Also kinda worried about that Aokiji name drop...please do not tell me he's planning to ally with Blackbeard?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
dont do this... .aokiji
Apr 25, 2018 8:02 AM

Jan 2018
Finally Luffy got some fans
May 10, 2018 3:24 PM

Mar 2017
Strawhat Luffy-senpai XDDD

at first I thought Bartolomeo was a threat.
Boy, I was wrong haha

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Dec 15, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
Consisting of about three scenes it made for this to be a small scale episode but a good one at that. The first started by setting up Chinjao, Cavendish, and Bartolomeo to be one big gag. As Cavendish rushed to fight Luffy we got to understand who Bartolomeo really is. This anarchic “cannibal” is really a massive fanboy of Luffy, Luffy inspired him to move from controlling towns to being a pirate and it goes all the way back to East Blue. This isn’t someone who caught a whiff of Luffy’s fame and jumped on, this is someone whose been with him before Alabasta, moved by the miracle that was destiny saving him in Loguetown~! He’s so shy around Luffy he can hardly speak and he is adorable. To use misdirection, “he’s not yours to kill” said to Cavendish, making us think he wants to kill Luffy rather than protect him, and making him this crude “f*ck everyone” type guy and then contrasting that with a deep adorable love of Luffy is perfect. It even goes to suggest “that person” he’s getting the flare-flare fruit for is in fact, Luffy! Other than that Chinjao is trying to confess his newfound gratitude to Luffy and literally entrust his navy to our boy. Yet with Cavendish and Chinjao running after him, even Bartolomeo to boot, Luffy is sprinting away in a sea of hilarious misunderstanding. Two of those guys are your fans Luffy!!

The way the next scene started quiet, dark and ambient I was expecting something bad to happen, so with Rebecca showing up I was wondering if she was going to lure Luffy into a trap. It’s an idea that I’ve played with since early on, I didn’t want to blindly trust Rebecca because she seemed nice and important. We already had it set up that nearly everything was going according to Doffy’s plan and many people were involved. Comically she was even in the room full of people set up to appear as Luffy’s enemies which seemed to be some foreshadowing to me. So, for her to actually try to kill Luffy was somewhat assuring to me that I wasn’t overly suspicious or crazy. In the quarters Rebecca called them a prison and her name tag even said she was “attached to the colosseum” which was a nice way to distinguish between those who chose to be here and her. Ultimately we realized that her and those that helped her attack Luffy are convicts who were forced into fighting an unwinnable amount of battles for their own freedom, and convicts who did as much as moderate protest against Doflamingo. Suddenly a country that loves him doesn’t seem so crazy anymore if everyone whose against him is put here. It seems Rebecca brought Luffy here hesitantly because, as kind as she appears and as genuinely as she seems to care about Luffy, she probably felt she had to kill him after seeing how strong he was. She had to get rid of her competition. But, kind of like when Nami betrayed the Straw Hats, I knew Luffy wouldn’t be mad. He could tell she was a good person doing bad things and didn’t blame her for that, going as far to say since she bought him food, he doesn’t want to do anything to her; perfectly selling that sentiment.

I skipped mentioning the second scene here to more cleanly speak about Rebecca showing her hand. Yet the second scene links to the end of this episode beautifully. By having Luffy stumble upon Burgess speaking to Blackbeard on a snailsponder, Rebecca was able to see what Luffy is fighting for. He does not want Blackbeard and Burgess to get his brothers fruit no matter what. Further, Rebecca cried her eyes out, he could see her struggle and she, as if to atone, both told Luffy he could do whatever he wanted to her and explained herself. She was imprisoned and wants to break out, this time, to protect the toy soldier that has been by her side the whole time. This both goes to show why she cries so much, she’s not used to being the protector but she’s trying her hardest; something Luffy’s ought to respect, and it goes to show the soldier has been in toy form with her as long as she’s been a child. Perhaps he is doing the Onepoko, being there for her despite her not remembering who he was. It also touched on her background, losing her mom, being left at Flower Field and being impoverished; not being able to eat for days. She even gave an interesting samurai-esque “I don’t get hungry”. With her sobstory and guts shown to Luffy, her situation understood, and her definitively showing herself to Luffy as a good person and a friend who would buy him food, Luffy has all the reason to fight for her to get the fruit. They can make a true alliance now that it’s known that she's a great solution to the flare-flare fruit problem.

Finally to touch on things I didn’t above: With Luffy befriending Chinjao/his navy and Bartolomeo whether he knows it or not, having reason to create an alliance with Rebecca and the convicts, and perhaps even eventually winning over Bellamy and Cavendish, Luffy is slowly creating his own army to fight the Don Quixote kingdom. I adored seeing Luffy literally do the Dire “thunder cross split attack” from Jojo's Phantom Blood, that had to be reference right?! And lastly, the Burgess scene was quite tense and something I’ve been waiting for. We got to see Burgess as a reasonable person, perhaps as a fighting champion he’d have some honor to duke it out with Luffy in the ring, but if not he’d have to take him out quietly. His prominent goal is the flare-flare fruit. We got a beautiful confrontation with Luffy and the now-emperor Blackbeard as he uttered “it’d be like Ace being on my crew”, the cathartic assholery that he thrives off of. And we got an incredibly intriguing line about Aokiji. Burgess doesn’t trust him and Blackbeard said “by that logic, Shiryu is no different” which heavily suggests, like the former navy Shiryu teaming up with Blackbeard, that the former navy Kuzan is too teaming up with him. Now, I do trust Kuzan in this, he just recently told Smoker that “I’m still me” and that he saw justice more clearly now. I take it he’s hedging his bets so to speak as then he can have as much control as possible when it’s time for him to act.
Apr 29, 2020 10:13 PM
Apr 2020
Here comes my boy Barto, his fanboy debut xD and i already don't like rebecca character x) a cry baby, act tough, pink hair, overall juz annoying as hell!! And i already watched this whole arc so don't tryna say you will like her later or sth.. she is juz another Vivi..
Jul 28, 2020 12:08 PM

Nov 2012
I can't believe they put me when I was 15 in One Piece as a green-haired tattoo'd gangster.
Mar 4, 2021 12:44 AM
Jan 2017
Was surprised to see a Luffy fanboy but damn it was hilarious
Mar 19, 2021 6:26 AM

May 2016
Bartolomeo being the Straw Hat Pirates' biggest fan put a huge smile on my face much to my surprise. I want to see more of him, that's for sure!

Rebecca's a rather interesting character the more I know about her past. I'd love to see all the pieces of the puzzle fall in place soon~

May 23, 2021 4:49 AM

Apr 2021
god i love this episode ,, i mean to start of it was comical as hell LOL
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 8, 2021 11:02 PM

May 2017
nubcubed said:
Rebecca: Do whatever you like to me (Suki ni sureba ii)

Luffy: Gomu Gomu no............. OCHINCHIN!!!!

You had to make me laugh that much 😅

Frezlaj said:
nubcubed said:
[i]Rebecca: Do whatever you like to me (Suki ni sureba ii)

Luffy: Gomu Gomu no............. OCHINCHIN!!!![i]

Rebecca: Iyaaaaa, Luffy-senpai!!!

And this just finished me 😄

I realy love that rebecca body , its full of boing boing and soft part , when i see how much effort they put in this character , i think she will come back later

Sadly shes way too serious to join the crew but...we have robin so it might be the case 🤔

Luffy after a big hard fight , beat her , without his hands , while eating food , and even manage to do that without harming her and locked her , theres just a massive lvl difference lol
LadyLeeMingJun 8, 2021 11:14 PM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 2, 2021 4:59 AM

Jun 2019
Bartolomeo is such a fanboy. You don't insult Luffy in front of him. LOL
Aug 26, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2021
Bathlomeo the ultimate Luffy fanboi
Nov 19, 2021 1:09 AM
Jan 2021
If there is someone that I'd want to get the Mera Mera no Mi, it would be Rebecca.
Apr 24, 2022 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
My first new episode in over 7 years and what a hell of a way to come back. So many major developments to look forward to. Dressrosa has added so much intrigue to the support character of Doflamingo and now learning more about his background is my top intrigue for this arc.
Jul 11, 2022 2:50 PM

Jan 2021
Bartolomeo was there since day one even before Luffy entered the Grand line and he believed in him he’s a true og fan and also at the end when Rebecca was talking while crying I was looking at her boobs the entire time and I was so focused while looking at them that I forgot to pay attention to what she was saying and bro honestly you cant even blame me 💀
May 24, 2023 12:28 PM
Jan 2017
He glazin so hard 😭😭
Jul 16, 2023 9:19 AM
Jun 2023
Doesn't seem to look good but compared for the past few episodes it was great, and that rebeca scene, and luffy again got a new fanboy.
Aug 18, 2023 4:44 AM
Oct 2019
Bartolomeo was definitely us if we got Isekai into One Piece lol

I need to check out the Loguetown episode to see if i can see him there.

Rebecca motivation, everything starting to coming together.
Oct 11, 2023 7:44 PM
Feb 2022
Bartolomeo fue lo mejor de este capítulo. El fan número 1 de Luffy XD. Me dieron ganas de tener los posters de los sombreros de paja. Este arco es mucho más profundo de lo que aparenta. Descuida Rebecca. No lo sabes aún, pero llego tu salvador, y el de los otros gladiadores.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.