Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 3, 2009 5:58 PM

Luke.. Luke.. please don't end up like Like Fon Fabre lol they way they say his name reminds me of Tales of the Abyss.

To me, first episode looks somewhat promising.

Still waiting for a few more other series this fall! (Spring for me).

Oct 3, 2009 6:07 PM
That was fun, hope it keeps up. Pretty interesting too.

Oct 3, 2009 6:26 PM

That was a fun watch. I'm looking forward the next one. Luke reminds me of Sasuke a lil bit. And that little girl has to be an elf.

Oct 3, 2009 6:27 PM

LightningEagle said:
Nitre said:
Doesn't look as bad as Kampfer, but not as good as Railgun. Gonna carry on watching and see where it goes though.

Exactly my thoughts

I completely agree. Kampfer sucks, Railgun pwns, and this is in-between. :D

Oct 3, 2009 6:53 PM

It looks very nice, I'll give it that. Too bad everything else about it is pretty generic and way too much time was spent with Cambell's intro speeches and Luke's sword-forging magic. I was kinda hoping he'd be, ya know, an actual smith, and/or we would actually see the sword being forged, whether by hand or magic (tbh, I think it would've been cool to see the sword "bend" or "sharpen" as he recited it).

I'll give it at least one or two episodes to see if it picks up any now that we've met the cast.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

Oct 3, 2009 7:20 PM
Blah. Boring. Lisa is like the cutest and only character worth watching in this show right now. But too bad the show isn't centered around her but Cecily, who I'm not liking very much. For a heroine, she's really annoying and goodness, repeat those intro lines again?

I couldn't catch any solid plot to look out for in later episodes and if nothing else happens the 2nd go, this show is a goner.

Oct 3, 2009 7:50 PM

Annisa said:
Blah. Boring. Lisa is like the cutest and only character worth watching in this show right now. But too bad the show isn't centered around her but Cecily, who I'm not liking very much. For a heroine, she's really annoying and goodness, repeat those intro lines again?

I couldn't catch any solid plot to look out for in later episodes and if nothing else happens the 2nd go, this show is a goner.

Yes, boring and annoying. I think I´ll drop it.

Oct 3, 2009 7:54 PM

Annisa said:

I think normally around ep 3 or so the main hero/heroine will stop that talk coz he/she has to re-discover his/herself :P

Oct 3, 2009 7:56 PM

First episode and I already dislike Cecily (and her character type). Other than that, everything else is fine, this is an okay fantasy show to watch every week. I'll be sticking around.
To make things simpler: Cool protagonist, nice production, annoying Cecily. More Luke & Lisa less Cecily please.
Modified by Kantarou, Oct 3, 2009 8:01 PM

Oct 3, 2009 8:33 PM

Anything in the fantasy genre tends to get real samey real quick, but I'll maintain my hopes for this show.

I do have a very, very deep worry about the editing. Cecily is asked to buy time for the forging and she does so by skillfully employing a great deal of confidence, poise and determination to... stare agape at Luke? What, are we to understand the monster off-screen is staring witlessly too? I mean, if I'm an ice-demon as cold as Cocytus with icicle-spears for limbs I'd skewer the stupid girl and roast her carcass over the magic forge until medium-rare.

Okay, so obviously the very first scene is supposed to be what happened: she fought while he forged. But very careful cuts to that during the end would have made all the difference.

Oct 3, 2009 8:35 PM

DarcyD said:
LightningEagle said:
Nitre said:
Doesn't look as bad as Kampfer, but not as good as Railgun. Gonna carry on watching and see where it goes though.

Exactly my thoughts

I completely agree. Kampfer sucks, Railgun pwns, and this is in-between. :D

couldn't agree more ;3

Oct 3, 2009 8:53 PM

Seems liek this could be a pretty good show :D

Oct 3, 2009 9:32 PM

Fuck, who knew forging swords was so cool? :P I think I'm gonna like this show.

Cecily already shits me. It was pretty annoying when she's all "THIS IS A SWORD PASSED DOWN THROUGH GENERATIONS, I CAN'T JUST HAVE A NEW ONE! (5 mins later) Hey Luke can you make me a sword?" JFC, inconsistency much?

If Cecily has a cliche romance with Luke it's gonna negatively affect the mark I end up giving the series. So sick of whiny pathetic female characters who need a man to save them, then because they grow a backbone towards the end of the anime it makes it All Better™.
Modified by yamakasi, Oct 3, 2009 10:23 PM

Oct 3, 2009 9:49 PM

So he like spent over 9000 seconds doing some chant to forge a new sword and that giant ice demon didn't bother to attack the girl in that time ... is this supposed to be a turn-based RPG? lol

Oct 3, 2009 10:04 PM

RandomOugi said:
The fantasy setting with nice animation and design is very refreshing, the plot isn't going to be very original or complex, but I'm pretty sure it's a show that will be above the season average.

I'm with you. The production value was good, I liked the character design, but I also like the Kannagi and Umi Monogatari's character design, but then again the artists have nothing in common from I what I can see, other than they are in the same industry and influence each other all time. Jun NAKAI seems to be a solid animator whose worked on some good projects like Quran High, Samurai Champloo and Haibane Renmei. I'm enjoying this vision thus far, even though I was never a big Pokeman fan, the Masamitsu Hidaka's experience and direction is surely why the production value of this series is so good thus far. To speak of the generic nature of this show, is basically just restating what's already known about most of the anime that is coming out lately. This show seems a little better than what I've seen thus far. I think this series has some potential for fantasy lovers. After just finishing Spice and Wolf II I was happy to see that this show had some potential. Not sure if I'm thrilled with the crystal monster design or the Gantz like suspension of time to allow a sword to be forged while the monster apparently takes a break.
Modified by Orion1, Oct 3, 2009 10:11 PM

Oct 3, 2009 11:12 PM
the fight is decent, but everything else is just ok. hope it wont disappoint us.

p.s. from the opening i can guess what cecily new sword is. it is very generic i must say, hope they will do something special about it.
oblivious is a bliss

Oct 3, 2009 11:34 PM

Nothing really special about this show, but alas i will probably watch it anyways.

Oct 3, 2009 11:36 PM
btw, actually i think the whole thing about the sword forging with magic is very lame, but i do appreciate that they try to bring out something new tho...
oblivious is a bliss

Oct 3, 2009 11:39 PM

so he makes swords using magic to defeat demons, impressive
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

Oct 3, 2009 11:50 PM

stAtic91 said:
Fabulous Luke is fabulous.

That was quite nice actually - better than I expected after reading a bunch of troll posts at /a/. The forging of the sword was a bit strange, did the monster stop to watch it too just like Cecily?

Indeed Luke is Fabulous coz he is Fabulous. xD

I bet that's what the monster/demon thing did.
Luke's AWESOME magical forging abilities are teh AMAZING that the thing was staring as well...I bet. 8'O

Lawl. That's just what bothered me at the end though..xD
But over all, it's better than the others that have aired so far. xD lawl

Oct 3, 2009 11:52 PM

yamakasi said:
If Cecily has a cliche romance with Luke it's gonna negatively affect the mark I end up giving the series. So sick of whiny pathetic female characters who need a man to save them, then because they grow a backbone towards the end of the anime it makes it All Better™.

Well, call me sexist or whatever you like, but I would rather have a whiny, suck-ass female and a cool male instead of the reverse. I don't know why but those male wussies pissed me off faaaaaar more than their female counterparts <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 4, 2009 12:04 AM

neverless said:
So he like spent over 9000 seconds doing some chant to forge a new sword and that giant ice demon didn't bother to attack the girl in that time ... is this supposed to be a turn-based RPG? lol

Same thoughts here.

I wish the pretty green girl appeared in this episode though, main girl was so annoying, repeating over and over again her status. Geez. Guy seems tsundere type. Lisa seems cute. I hope romance with Cambell and the guy would occur, even just a tiny bit, like Pandora Hearts.

Oct 4, 2009 1:35 AM
That monster is really polite, letting him finish his sword-forging and everything.

Oct 4, 2009 1:54 AM

Bladecatcher said:
That monster is really polite, letting him finish his sword-forging and everything.
You know watching is part of learning, i think the monster is quite curious too about what Luke is doing XP

Oct 4, 2009 2:47 AM

The fight scene at the beginning (before the OP) is what was going on while Luke was forging. Understandable miss, though - the director did a horrible job of making this clear (i.e. did not make it clear at all).

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

Oct 4, 2009 2:52 AM
I love how it started, I'm can't wait for the next episode!

Oct 4, 2009 3:32 AM

Its okay .. nothing really special ..

Oct 4, 2009 3:33 AM

show seems awesome wasn't even thinking about it while waiting for the season downloaded it by chance and loved it

Oct 4, 2009 3:45 AM

Tarrasji said:
I love how it started, I'm can't wait for the next episode!

I'm can't wait either!

Oct 4, 2009 3:53 AM
I guess its reasonable why the monster stopped attacking, I mean, who wouldn't be mesmerized by the forging scene? (that was awesome XD)

Oct 4, 2009 4:03 AM
This is the first fantasy anime which I've actually liked so I'll probably stick around. It has a somewhat cliched plot but it has potential. Pretty average OP and ED. This is probably going to be the only anime I'll watch this season although I might watch the first episode of Railgun.

Oct 4, 2009 4:17 AM

Cecily's a weak character, it's really annoying. I hope she develops throughout the series. Luke's pretty cool, albeit a bit dull at times -- but I love his voice actor. Animation was good too, except that it became a bit dodgy at times... and Cecily's armor looks really strange. o.o The 'steel' (if that's what it is) actually folds around her boobs like it's cloth. Seriously, that's got to hurt if she wants to, you know, turn her torso or something.

Screencaps:

Oct 4, 2009 4:18 AM

I enjoyed the first episode and I liked Luke, he was quite cool =D

But Cecil should really stop introducing herself every two seconds...^___^"

Oct 4, 2009 6:15 AM

Wow, the first episode was great. Lucky I chose to watch it. Characters are likable, action scenes is pretty satisfying. Sword fights ftw xD

Oct 4, 2009 8:13 AM

It was ok episode, nice start, but I totally don't like Cecily. Oh, just shut up, we know who you are already.
Oh well, I liked Luke and Lisa.

OftheFlesh said:
I guess its reasonable why the monster stopped attacking, I mean, who wouldn't be mesmerized by the forging scene? (that was awesome XD)

Haha, true.

Oct 4, 2009 8:42 AM

OK episode, also didn't like Cecily, but I guess I seen worst.

Oct 4, 2009 8:44 AM

I loved it lol
Luke is hot and cecily is awesome :D

Oct 4, 2009 8:46 AM

For a first episode it was pretty good!
That sword Luke had at the end looks badass, its gonna be killer probably!
I'll keep watching I think! :D

Oct 4, 2009 8:46 AM

AzukiPAN said:
Luke is hot and cecily is awesome :D

No, definitely not, Cecily is not awesome, not one bit. xD
As to whether Luke is hot or not, I can't give any comment, I haven't considered it. But he is awesome : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Oct 4, 2009 8:48 AM

omg i loved this, maybe because i love shows that has creating in it

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Oct 4, 2009 9:08 AM

I think I may enjoy this one a lot. Not impressed by the animation, though. Wasn't really bad, but not great either. Cecily is likeable, Luke... not really, Lisa is pretty cool. Can't wait for the second ep.

Oct 4, 2009 9:59 AM
Ex2 said:
I think I may enjoy this one a lot. Not impressed by the animation, though. Wasn't really bad, but not great either. Cecily is likeable, Luke... not really, Lisa is pretty cool. Can't wait for the second ep.

You though cecily was likeable, and luke wasn't.... I think you've got it the wrong way around. Cecily was freakin annoying lol. But I'll still continue to watch this.

Oct 4, 2009 10:44 AM

Stoiber said:
Ex2 said:

You though cecily was likeable, and luke wasn't.... I think you've got it the wrong way around. Cecily was freakin annoying lol. But I'll still continue to watch this.

C'mon man, don't criticize the guy and his fav character. He just had a maid and a "I'm a knight from the Knight Guard of the 3rd Independent Trade City, Cecily Cambell daaaaaa!!!" fetish, what do you expect?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 4, 2009 11:08 AM

Well, I don't know whether it was good or bad, but how Luke forged that sword was great. I think I'm going to keep watching and I'll see how it turns out.

Oct 4, 2009 1:03 PM

One word: TSUNDERE XDDD

Oct 4, 2009 1:15 PM

Yeah, Cecily's annoying and I do hope she stops introducing herself that way so often. Male tsundere is different for once but we'll see how that goes. I can see huge moe factors already D:

Oct 4, 2009 1:17 PM

OftheFlesh said:

Seriously right? I'd stop to stare too! 8D

Oct 4, 2009 1:21 PM

What the fuck. I just felt like I was playing some rpg, The Knight, The Magician and the useless princess who needed to be rescued by the charming prince.

Cecile annoyed the hell out of me really fast, she intruduced herself over 9000 fucking times, the loli elf was very sweet though. Anyway so far its looking mediocre, a lot of cliche elements that i've seen in a lot of series, the plot doesn't look that good nor original. I'm giving blacksmith a second chance with the second episode.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

Oct 4, 2009 1:49 PM
Mikiyo said:
What the fuck. I just felt like I was playing some rpg, The Knight, The Magician and the useless princess who needed to be rescued by the charming prince.

Cecile annoyed the hell out of me really fast, she intruduced herself over 9000 fucking times, the loli elf was very sweet though. Anyway so far its looking mediocre, a lot of cliche elements that i've seen in a lot of series, the plot doesn't look that good nor original. I'm giving blacksmith a second chance with the second episode.

exactly what i felt about the ep.. i am just expecting 2 see if luke forge her a sword in 2. ep since i dont think i can endure more. and will it be her that puts her hand in the globe saying she wants it 2 be her partner and all. besides all the cliché elements i think they found good seiyus for the introduced chars. but for some reason while i watched i thought it was just 2 irritate more.

Oct 4, 2009 3:43 PM

I really really liked it. And i love Luke. <33
Cant wait to see more.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »